First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why doesn't Final Fantasy die already?
Posted 6/10/08 , edited 6/13/08
Seriously, why is it not dead, its on freakn 13. Some of you will try to argue about how good these games are, but let me tell you this. If the games didn't have Final Fantasy : blblablaba on them, would you even look at them? If you say no then your narrow minded and hate anything your not familiar with, if you say yes then you also think Final Fantasy needs to die. Why? Because you would still buy the game without it using its Franchise name to move units, or so you say. And out of all the FF that need to die, FF7 needs to die, its becoming the WW2 of RPG's, seriously. FF7 advent children was decent I guess, FF7 Dirge of Cerberus SUCKED, and FF7 Crisis Core was crap, not to mention a few others I'm forgetting, seriously. Also, if FF died, it would give more developers to work on great new titles like The World Ends With You, but if developers are always stuck sticking to FF and its formula, will SE even ever really expand beyond DQ and FF? Death to FF, seriously, just go die somewhere.

Edit : People assume by reading this that I don't like Final Fantasy, but I have played over 14 Final Fantasy games and enjoyed almost all of them, the point is adding the label Final Fantasy makes expectations for a game to be a certain way, when the game doesn't end up exactly like the fanboys/girls wanted it to be they will complain, like people did with FF12 (my second favorite). FF12 should of been a new IP entirely, and there shouldn't be this many Final Fantasy games. Chrono Trigger has one game (Chrono Cross doesn't really count as anything) and you will still hear older RPG games say its the best of all time, put up agianst every Final Fantasy. Unfornatley, we won't see a sequel/remake/anything because the name Chrono Trigger won't make Japanese kids ditch class or American's geekgasim. Not only that, developers are no longer to express there creative freedom the way they want to, some developers have left and make great NEW franchise's and once in a while we get new series from SE TWEWY. But let me just say it like this....

If Lost Odyssey was FF13 and FF13 was lost odyssey, almost none of you would be interested in FF13 and almost all of you would be drolling over Lost Odyssey.

Another edit : To people who want to address me with sales of games as arguments and such, somehow implying something is good or something because of sells, then your all saying Halo is the best FPS ever. Not all games that sell well are good, its just people trying to capitalize off of idiots who will buy anything because theres a name on the cover of something, and it works, because you will buy this shit because of the franchise name. If your justification for something to be around and pollute what used to be a good industry, then you aren't a real gamer, and part of the reason gaming is turning into the next Holly Wood, so if thats your argument I don't care for ANYTHING you have to say so don't even bother. Games are judged by there content, not there sells, unless your a idiot fanboy/girl, and if your a mindless FF fanboy/girl, or a mindless fanboy/girl of ANYTHING like that, seriously don't waste my time, because I hate fanboys/girls.

And, games don't always sell because they are good, they can sell from the franchise name alone, so don't try to say "well it must be good if x amount of people bought it". Halo sold a ton of copies, hell it even got remarkable reviews, that doesn't stop it from truly being a average FPS among a ton of average FPS, but MS is a rich corp that can pay lots of people to have things go there way, not only that some reviews simply stick a 10 on games so they don't have to hear fanboys like YOU cry and complain telling them why this is the best game ever and your going to come to there house to kill them. Its really sad that most "gamers" are like this today, along with company's, gaming isn't anything like it used to be I guess, believe it or not it used to be a art form, now apparently its just a business that instead of trying to make fun unique things is just going to apeal to the flock of idiot cows who will buy buy buy and buy so they can profit, ignoring people who like new things change or anything original in there games. If your focusing on company's profits and crap, go back to sucking there c**ck and leave me alone.
3251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / So-Cal!!
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

dmitsuki wrote:

Seriously, why is it not dead, its on freakn 13. Some of you will try to argue about how good these games are, but let me tell you this. If the games didn't have Final Fantasy : blblablaba on them, would you even look at them? If you say no then your narrow minded and hate anything your not familiar with, if you say yes then you also think Final Fantasy needs to die. Why? Because you would still buy the game without it using its Franchise name to move units, or so you say. And out of all the FF that need to die, FF7 needs to die, its becoming the WW2 of RPG's, seriously. FF7 advent children was decent I guess, FF7 Dirge of Cerberus SUCKED, and FF7 Crisis Core was crap, not to mention a few others I'm forgetting, seriously. Also, if FF died, it would give more developers to work on great new titles like The World Ends With You, but if developers are always stuck sticking to FF and its formula, will SE even ever really expand beyond DQ and FF? Death to FF, seriously, just go die somewhere.



i dont need a FF on a game to like it....please man....
wat ur doing...is singling out the FF fanboys...and i applaud you for that....they need a good beating

i on the other hand am all about developers.......if it has a good developer ill check it out...( Mistwalker next big thing...everyone keep watch on them..!!! )

so though i agree FF7 is wayyy over-rated......
i think ur a fucking idiot for not appreciating where the franchise is going....
FFXIII series may the sickest RPG....( not just FF) but RPG to hit the scene...who knows??....so far the music is sick and animation for emotion is the best ive seen

and every FF is different in its own way....comon now...FFXII battle system was fuckin insane if u played it right...well w/e...all opinion i guess....and i kudos u for having the balls to bust this thought on a FF LOVERS BASE.....hehe i see alot of hate post in ur future..


-RpGJuNki3
____________________________________________

IF YOU LOVE VIDEO GAME MUSIC!!!! JOIN!!


http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Video_Game_Music

383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Fresno California
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
its not dead cause each games has a different plot and characters and its a genre that a bunch of ppl enjoy to play
5097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada, Vancouver
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
I don't hate FF, but personally don't like how they're milking off money off of their games.

They're like Gainax with NGE.

Also, FF7 is overrated.
Posted 6/10/08

RpGJuNki3 wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

Seriously, why is it not dead, its on freakn 13. Some of you will try to argue about how good these games are, but let me tell you this. If the games didn't have Final Fantasy : blblablaba on them, would you even look at them? If you say no then your narrow minded and hate anything your not familiar with, if you say yes then you also think Final Fantasy needs to die. Why? Because you would still buy the game without it using its Franchise name to move units, or so you say. And out of all the FF that need to die, FF7 needs to die, its becoming the WW2 of RPG's, seriously. FF7 advent children was decent I guess, FF7 Dirge of Cerberus SUCKED, and FF7 Crisis Core was crap, not to mention a few others I'm forgetting, seriously. Also, if FF died, it would give more developers to work on great new titles like The World Ends With You, but if developers are always stuck sticking to FF and its formula, will SE even ever really expand beyond DQ and FF? Death to FF, seriously, just go die somewhere.



i dont need a FF on a game to like it....please man....
wat ur doing...is singling out the FF fanboys...and i applaud you for that....they need a good beating

i on the other hand am all about developers.......if it has a good developer ill check it out...( Mistwalker next big thing...everyone keep watch on them..!!! )

so though i agree FF7 is wayyy over-rated......
i think ur a fucking idiot for not appreciating where the franchise is going....
FFXIII series may the sickest RPG....( not just FF) but RPG to hit the scene...who knows??....so far the music is sick and animation for emotion is the best ive seen

and every FF is different in its own way....comon now...FFXII battle system was fuckin insane if u played it right...well w/e...all opinion i guess....and i kudos u for having the balls to bust this thought on a FF LOVERS BASE.....hehe i see alot of hate post in ur future..


-RpGJuNki3
____________________________________________

IF YOU LOVE VIDEO GAME MUSIC!!!! JOIN!!


http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Video_Game_Music


I loved FF12's battle system, FF12 is my second favorite Final Fantasy, unfortunately MANY people didn't like it because it wasn't the same and complained. And about Mistwalker, FUCK YEAH, I can't wait till we get the american release of ash for the ds.
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
Because they keep producing good-looking characters. lol Tifa is hot! Vincent Valentine is hot!

We don't have a say in it. That's business for you. MONEY. MONEY!
3251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / So-Cal!!
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

dmitsuki wrote:


RpGJuNki3 wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

Seriously, why is it not dead, its on freakn 13. Some of you will try to argue about how good these games are, but let me tell you this. If the games didn't have Final Fantasy : blblablaba on them, would you even look at them? If you say no then your narrow minded and hate anything your not familiar with, if you say yes then you also think Final Fantasy needs to die. Why? Because you would still buy the game without it using its Franchise name to move units, or so you say. And out of all the FF that need to die, FF7 needs to die, its becoming the WW2 of RPG's, seriously. FF7 advent children was decent I guess, FF7 Dirge of Cerberus SUCKED, and FF7 Crisis Core was crap, not to mention a few others I'm forgetting, seriously. Also, if FF died, it would give more developers to work on great new titles like The World Ends With You, but if developers are always stuck sticking to FF and its formula, will SE even ever really expand beyond DQ and FF? Death to FF, seriously, just go die somewhere.



i dont need a FF on a game to like it....please man....
wat ur doing...is singling out the FF fanboys...and i applaud you for that....they need a good beating

i on the other hand am all about developers.......if it has a good developer ill check it out...( Mistwalker next big thing...everyone keep watch on them..!!! )

so though i agree FF7 is wayyy over-rated......
i think ur a fucking idiot for not appreciating where the franchise is going....
FFXIII series may the sickest RPG....( not just FF) but RPG to hit the scene...who knows??....so far the music is sick and animation for emotion is the best ive seen

and every FF is different in its own way....comon now...FFXII battle system was fuckin insane if u played it right...well w/e...all opinion i guess....and i kudos u for having the balls to bust this thought on a FF LOVERS BASE.....hehe i see alot of hate post in ur future..


-RpGJuNki3
____________________________________________

IF YOU LOVE VIDEO GAME MUSIC!!!! JOIN!!


http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Video_Game_Music


I loved FF12's battle system, FF12 is my second favorite Final Fantasy, unfortunately MANY people didn't like it because it wasn't the same and complained. And about Mistwalker, FUCK YEAH, I can't wait till we get the american release of ash for the ds.


haha dammm right im glad we see the same way on that



-RpGJuNki3
____________________________________________

IF YOU LOVE VIDEO GAME MUSIC!!!! JOIN!!


http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Video_Game_Music
Posted 6/10/08
As long as they don't run out of epic CG cutscenes, new gameplay, new plots, and new methods, I'm pretty sure this series won't die.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure hentai enthusiasts aren't complaining
3062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Inside an Oven
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
well, apparently square wanted to milk out the fanbase of FF7 lovers.. kinda sad that because of the crazy fans it made a lot of haters. I personally like FF7 but really now.. I cant stay on FF7 forever, right? I also like the direction that the FF franchise is going with FFXII... FFXII was really fun for me in terms of challenge that i missed way back in the earlier FF's.
4766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Missing in Action
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
to the person who started this forumn... SHUT THE FUCK OFF OK?
1251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wright Anything A...
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

chickenyogurt wrote:

As long as they don't run out of epic CG cutscenes, new gameplay, new plots, and new methods, I'm pretty sure this series won't die.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure hentai enthusiasts aren't complaining :P


Agreeing on this. More so on the second reason

To opening post, are you a part of Squeenix? Guess not.

They can milk the Final Fantasy franchise all they want since people are actually buying it.
As long as some guy who watched Advent Children (even if he didn't play the original Final Fantasy 7) and liked it to the extent that he actually buys the spin-offs rather than playing the original itself, it will never end.

Much as everyone has a level of anger against Squeenix for milking its Final Fantasy (okay I guess pun not intended) I'd rather see Kingdom Hearts go away.

A lot of non-main game development have been kicked to the curb due to both of them.

I just hate the ones who hype Final Fantasy 7 (not the game itself) Years after its release it actually has MORE fans. Did they all play it? I don't even think so. FF7 was "great" during its days. Smooth 3d engine during its time was astounding (but in turn overshadowing a few games like Xenogears)

As long as someone likes sissy pretty boys like Cloud and Sephiroth it will never stop.

I half agree on "stop milking Final Fantasy series"
14913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
to the topic starter....FUCK YOU! you're just too stupid that playing final fantasy is just too hard on your measly brain! i agree to some part about shippers and fan posers who kept on doin fan worship on characters just because of their character designs. but IF YOURE A GAMER WHOVE PLAYED FINAL FANTASY SINCE SUPER NINTENDO VERSION you'd change your mind. there is a big difference between gamers and shippers.
4868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / garden of eden
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
you cant tell FINAL FANTASY to die coz this game makes the squaresoft back to business
actually final fantsy has a story.... the company of squresoft is about to be bankrupt thats why they put all their investment and make a final game...they called it FINAL FANTASY...they never knew that this game would hit and thats the story...ive heard it on a radio station
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 6/10/08 , edited 6/10/08
coz' the classic squaresoft fanboys outnumber the haters..
Posted 6/10/08

boggieman wrote:

to the topic starter....FUCK YOU! you're just too stupid that playing final fantasy is just too hard on your measly brain! i agree to some part about shippers and fan posers who kept on doin fan worship on characters just because of their character designs. but IF YOURE A GAMER WHOVE PLAYED FINAL FANTASY SINCE SUPER NINTENDO VERSION you'd change your mind. there is a big difference between gamers and shippers.


I lol that you call me stupid then present yourself the way you do, Chrono Trigger > every FF ever put together, I have played FF sense Final Fantasy, ya know, when it was a game that was SE's last chance before they went under but it was so successful that it kept there company alive?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.