First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why doesn't Final Fantasy die already?
1251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wright Anything A...
Offline
Posted 6/10/08 , edited 6/10/08

dmitsuki wrote:


notpronerz wrote:


chickenyogurt wrote:

As long as they don't run out of epic CG cutscenes, new gameplay, new plots, and new methods, I'm pretty sure this series won't die.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure hentai enthusiasts aren't complaining :P


some long crap about having the fanbase to blame rather than the game itself

"Dude Final Fantasy 7 is the best RPG ever!"
"Really? Hmm have you played games like Chrono Trigger or Shin Megami Tensei?"
"No, but dude Final Fantasy 7 was so awesome!"
"It was ok, mostly just hyped for how pretty it was for its time, FF8 was better though"
"DUDE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT FF7 IS THE BEST"
"Meh, well I liked the part where you get to ride the motorcycle and cut people xD"
"YOU GET TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE!?!?!! I mean I like that part to!"
"You haven't...actually played it have you, you just watched the movie and played spin-offs..."
"......................So, its still the best RPG evar...."


Where is my Chrono Trigger sequel.........(no I don't consider Chrono Cross as a sequel)


anti-freeze wrote:

an awesome post of truth


Agreeing to this.
79213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
I think the key thing that keeps FF alive is the fact that all 1-12 are not direct sequels of each other. It is final fantasy is more of an architecture for a game story. Kind of like a harlequin romance, those plays have a pre-set structure but are all different. It would be one thing if this series had been all sequels. I doubt FF would have lived if that were the case.

If you look at Dragon Warrior it is the same thing. A structure for a game under a title.
Posted 6/10/08

dmitsuki wrote:

Seriously, why is it not dead, its on freakn 13. Some of you will try to argue about how good these games are, but let me tell you this. If the games didn't have Final Fantasy : blblablaba on them, would you even look at them? If you say no then your narrow minded and hate anything your not familiar with, if you say yes then you also think Final Fantasy needs to die. Why? Because you would still buy the game without it using its Franchise name to move units, or so you say. And out of all the FF that need to die, FF7 needs to die, its becoming the WW2 of RPG's, seriously. FF7 advent children was decent I guess, FF7 Dirge of Cerberus SUCKED, and FF7 Crisis Core was crap, not to mention a few others I'm forgetting, seriously. Also, if FF died, it would give more developers to work on great new titles like The World Ends With You, but if developers are always stuck sticking to FF and its formula, will SE even ever really expand beyond DQ and FF? Death to FF, seriously, just go die somewhere.


I suppose the same reason you arn't dead already even though many people want you to die to.
Posted 6/10/08

ikuta-kun wrote:

to the person who started this forumn... SHUT THE FUCK OFF OK?


You mean UP*
Posted 6/10/08
every ff is different and plus you dont have to like it juss ignore it dont complain if you dont have to like it
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / next to my pc
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

boggieman wrote:


manzi wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

I think you guys got the wrong idea, I don't hate FF at all, I just wish they wouldn't rely on that name to sell games, because it makes developers have to follow some pattern and they can't explore, but when they do we get stuff like The World Ends With You. But yeah just to clear some stuff up

FF1 - Loved it
FF2 - Loved it
FF3 - Liked it
FF4 - Have yet to play it actually >_>
FF5 - Have no clue if I played it or not, all the Japanese/American mix up things
FF6 - Liked it
FF7 - Didn't really like it, the characters seemed Generic and out of a Nicktoon drama or something...
FF8 - My favorite FF game ever
FF9 - Liked it
FF10 - Crap
FF11 - More crap
FF12 - Second favorite FF game
Final Fantasy tactics - Liked it
Final Fantasy tactics advance - Story turned me off, just seem like I wasted my time for the kid to just say "screw It ill stay"
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: For some reason, I liked this one.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate: Character art turned me off, couldn't relate to the midgets either xD
Final Fantasy Dirge of Cerberus - Borrowed from my little brothers friend, oh god I want my time back.
Final Fantasy Crisis Core - It's ok, but still lacking in the design department
I could probably think of some more FF games, but the fact is, there shouldn't BE this many. Tactics and Crystal Chronicles shouldn't of even had Final Fantasy in the names!


meh.. you could've said so when you started the damn thread.. or be more precise next time like: "squaresoft should stop attaching the word final fantasy to all their games" and your opening post sounds so caustic that any reader non-gamer or gamer will easily misunderstand your rant.



damn right. there you go. in the end, the thread starter stated that he likes some final fantasy games as seen on his list above but contradicted it by starting this damn thread. so now that he got owned he changed his opinion by liking FF? but didnt you state that FF should die??kinda pathetic dont you think? this is just a waste of time




Truth be told you are pathetic (why call some someone else it over a game...my spidy sences detect a fan-boy/girl). Yes quite a few FF games are good (majority of which arnt spin-offs) but the majority of the spin off suck! Dont even try to deney it. Sqyare-Enix keep making so many FF games that eventually of course they will strike gold...eventually.

You tell me why every FF need to have the name taged on at the start/end of the name? <- cause FF is being milked for all its worth and unlike some of you i actually played the orginals (at a young age, i have even played FF8 last year-completed 1/2 and got a tired of it)


1-5- no coment, i hav'nt played them
6- the best one
7- good but not as good as it has been made out to be
8-very fun
9-extreemly fun
10-sucks balls, nothing of real interest here
11- *barf*
12-enjoyable but not something i would buy

spin offs-the only one I enjoyed is tatics which is still not worth buying.
14913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

ali1238 wrote:


boggieman wrote:


manzi wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

I think you guys got the wrong idea, I don't hate FF at all, I just wish they wouldn't rely on that name to sell games, because it makes developers have to follow some pattern and they can't explore, but when they do we get stuff like The World Ends With You. But yeah just to clear some stuff up

FF1 - Loved it
FF2 - Loved it
FF3 - Liked it
FF4 - Have yet to play it actually >_>
FF5 - Have no clue if I played it or not, all the Japanese/American mix up things
FF6 - Liked it
FF7 - Didn't really like it, the characters seemed Generic and out of a Nicktoon drama or something...
FF8 - My favorite FF game ever
FF9 - Liked it
FF10 - Crap
FF11 - More crap
FF12 - Second favorite FF game
Final Fantasy tactics - Liked it
Final Fantasy tactics advance - Story turned me off, just seem like I wasted my time for the kid to just say "screw It ill stay"
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: For some reason, I liked this one.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate: Character art turned me off, couldn't relate to the midgets either xD
Final Fantasy Dirge of Cerberus - Borrowed from my little brothers friend, oh god I want my time back.
Final Fantasy Crisis Core - It's ok, but still lacking in the design department
I could probably think of some more FF games, but the fact is, there shouldn't BE this many. Tactics and Crystal Chronicles shouldn't of even had Final Fantasy in the names!


meh.. you could've said so when you started the damn thread.. or be more precise next time like: "squaresoft should stop attaching the word final fantasy to all their games" and your opening post sounds so caustic that any reader non-gamer or gamer will easily misunderstand your rant.



damn right. there you go. in the end, the thread starter stated that he likes some final fantasy games as seen on his list above but contradicted it by starting this damn thread. so now that he got owned he changed his opinion by liking FF? but didnt you state that FF should die??kinda pathetic dont you think? this is just a waste of time




Truth be told you are pathetic (why call some someone else it over a game...my spidy sences detect a fan-boy/girl). Yes quite a few FF games are good (majority of which arnt spin-offs) but the majority of the spin off suck! Dont even try to deney it. Sqyare-Enix keep making so many FF games that eventually of course they will strike gold...eventually.

You tell me why every FF need to have the name taged on at the start/end of the name? <- cause FF is being milked for all its worth and unlike some of you i actually played the orginals (at a young age, i have even played FF8 last year-completed 1/2 and got a tired of it)


1-5- no coment, i hav'nt played them
6- the best one
7- good but not as good as it has been made out to be
8-very fun
9-extreemly fun
10-sucks balls, nothing of real interest here
11- *barf*
12-enjoyable but not something i would buy

spin offs-the only one I enjoyed is tatics which is still not worth buying.


you're not making any sense read my previous post about fan boy and fan girl. geez some just keeps on posting w/o even reading.
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / next to my pc
Offline
Posted 6/10/08 , edited 6/10/08

boggieman wrote:


ali1238 wrote:


boggieman wrote:


manzi wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

I think you guys got the wrong idea, I don't hate FF at all, I just wish they wouldn't rely on that name to sell games, because it makes developers have to follow some pattern and they can't explore, but when they do we get stuff like The World Ends With You. But yeah just to clear some stuff up

FF1 - Loved it
FF2 - Loved it
FF3 - Liked it
FF4 - Have yet to play it actually >_>
FF5 - Have no clue if I played it or not, all the Japanese/American mix up things
FF6 - Liked it
FF7 - Didn't really like it, the characters seemed Generic and out of a Nicktoon drama or something...
FF8 - My favorite FF game ever
FF9 - Liked it
FF10 - Crap
FF11 - More crap
FF12 - Second favorite FF game
Final Fantasy tactics - Liked it
Final Fantasy tactics advance - Story turned me off, just seem like I wasted my time for the kid to just say "screw It ill stay"
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: For some reason, I liked this one.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate: Character art turned me off, couldn't relate to the midgets either xD
Final Fantasy Dirge of Cerberus - Borrowed from my little brothers friend, oh god I want my time back.
Final Fantasy Crisis Core - It's ok, but still lacking in the design department
I could probably think of some more FF games, but the fact is, there shouldn't BE this many. Tactics and Crystal Chronicles shouldn't of even had Final Fantasy in the names!


meh.. you could've said so when you started the damn thread.. or be more precise next time like: "squaresoft should stop attaching the word final fantasy to all their games" and your opening post sounds so caustic that any reader non-gamer or gamer will easily misunderstand your rant.



damn right. there you go. in the end, the thread starter stated that he likes some final fantasy games as seen on his list above but contradicted it by starting this damn thread. so now that he got owned he changed his opinion by liking FF? but didnt you state that FF should die??kinda pathetic dont you think? this is just a waste of time




Truth be told you are pathetic (why call some someone else it over a game...my spidy sences detect a fan-boy/girl). Yes quite a few FF games are good (majority of which arnt spin-offs) but the majority of the spin off suck! Dont even try to deny it. Sqare-Enix keep making so many FF games that eventually of course they will strike gold...eventually.

You tell me why every FF need to have the name taged on at the start/end of the name? <- cause FF is being milked for all its worth and unlike some of you i actually played the orginals (at a young age, i have even played FF8 last year-completed 1/2 and got a tired of it)


1-5- no coment, i hav'nt played them
6- the best one
7- good but not as good as it has been made out to be
8-very fun
9-extreemly fun
10-sucks balls, nothing of real interest here
11- *barf*
12-enjoyable but not something i would buy

spin offs-the only one I enjoyed is tatics which is still not worth buying.


you're not making any sense read my previous post about fan boy and fan girl. geez some just keeps on posting w/o even reading.


I am making sense, you just can't read!

You are a fan boy(even thought you claim you arnt), I can tell cause you called some one pathetic over FF and your stance on this prooves it too.

P.S im being harse cause you were being harsh to the thread creator

Posted 6/10/08
FINAL FANTASY SHALL LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
3229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
Because good, even great games, are still being produced. If you don't count X2.
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / next to my pc
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

Kurisufa wrote:

FINAL FANTASY SHALL LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!



Most insightfull coment here

82 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
First the reason all the games are called Final Fantasy is because its a name brand. It's alot easier for people to remember a game name then a company. The company itself could suck at other games but do at great job at one specific game. Also when you see that name your are excepting something out of it, whether you hate it or like it. Finally a company needs money to keep going and taking unknown risk like developing a new game can destroy a company or boom it to fame like Rockstar. Use common sense, if you own a company, you want to know money is coming in. When you have enough money then you add new projects without bankrupting your company
32237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Denver
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
I actually stopped playing them after X.... I'm currently re-playing VII for the 100,000th time.
3084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / My room..?
Offline
Posted 6/10/08
Final Fantasy is probably going to stick around for a while seeing as it is the fourth best-selling video game franchise.


Expect more to come.
Posted 6/10/08
Someone should create a new topic talking about which game series need to die since I can't as of right now.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.