First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Good animes - not popular
Creator
18276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Orb Union
Offline
Posted 6/16/08
OK!! roger that!!! hahas.. but i can;t do it that quickly.. i've got something else.
Posted 6/17/08
5 centimeters per a second Ōkashō
Upon graduating from elementary school, Takaki Tōno and his close friend Akari Shinohara drifted apart. Akari moved to Tochigi Prefecture due to her parents' jobs, while Takaki attended a junior high in Tokyo. The two kept in contact by writing letters, but despite the special feelings that existed between them, the only thing that persisted was time. When Takaki became aware that his family would move to Kagoshima, he decided to go see Akari since they would be too far apart to visit each other after he moved. However, when the day came, a severe snowstorm delayed Takaki's trip, and it would be hours before he reached Iwafune, where they promised to meet. The two finally meet late that night and fall asleep talking to each other. As they share a kiss, Takaki realizes that the two will never be together as time and circumstance draws them slowly apart. He departs the next morning carrying a bitter-sweet feeling with him.

Genere: Drama, Romance

Part 2:5 centimeters per a second COSMONAUT
Takaki is now in the third year of senior high in Tanegashima, where the Tanegashima Space Center is located. Kanae Sumita, a classmate of Takaki, has special feelings for Takaki, but she does not have the courage to express her love to him. She later observes that Takaki is always staring off into the distance, as if searching for something far far away. Even though she loves Takaki, Kanae understands that he is searching for things far greater than anything she can offer.



Part3: centimeters per a second /Byōsoku 5 Centimeter
It is now 2008, and all three characters have gone their separate ways. Takaki is now a computer programmer in Tokyo, and Akari is preparing to get married. One day, Takaki goes out and sees the face of a familiar-looking woman at a railroad-crossing. Puzzled by the encounter, he tries to look back, but two trains come and cut off his view. Takaki waits for the trains to pass, as if expecting the woman he had seen to be waiting on the other side of the railroad crossing. After both trains have passed, he is initially disappointed that the woman is nowhere to be found on the other side of the crossing, but eventually comes to realize that it is for the best, and goes his way.
Creator
18276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Orb Union
Offline
Posted 6/17/08

miuanna wrote:

5 centimeters per a second Ōkashō
Upon graduating from elementary school, Takaki Tōno and his close friend Akari Shinohara drifted apart. Akari moved to Tochigi Prefecture due to her parents' jobs, while Takaki attended a junior high in Tokyo. The two kept in contact by writing letters, but despite the special feelings that existed between them, the only thing that persisted was time. When Takaki became aware that his family would move to Kagoshima, he decided to go see Akari since they would be too far apart to visit each other after he moved. However, when the day came, a severe snowstorm delayed Takaki's trip, and it would be hours before he reached Iwafune, where they promised to meet. The two finally meet late that night and fall asleep talking to each other. As they share a kiss, Takaki realizes that the two will never be together as time and circumstance draws them slowly apart. He departs the next morning carrying a bitter-sweet feeling with him.

Genere: Drama, Romance

Part 2:5 centimeters per a second COSMONAUT
Takaki is now in the third year of senior high in Tanegashima, where the Tanegashima Space Center is located. Kanae Sumita, a classmate of Takaki, has special feelings for Takaki, but she does not have the courage to express her love to him. She later observes that Takaki is always staring off into the distance, as if searching for something far far away. Even though she loves Takaki, Kanae understands that he is searching for things far greater than anything she can offer.



Part3: centimeters per a second /Byōsoku 5 Centimeter
It is now 2008, and all three characters have gone their separate ways. Takaki is now a computer programmer in Tokyo, and Akari is preparing to get married. One day, Takaki goes out and sees the face of a familiar-looking woman at a railroad-crossing. Puzzled by the encounter, he tries to look back, but two trains come and cut off his view. Takaki waits for the trains to pass, as if expecting the woman he had seen to be waiting on the other side of the railroad crossing. After both trains have passed, he is initially disappointed that the woman is nowhere to be found on the other side of the crossing, but eventually comes to realize that it is for the best, and goes his way.


Posted 6/17/08
Yay its unbelieveable! T-T
Posted 6/17/08
Voice of a distant star ( from the same studio as 5 centimeters per a second)


A middle-school girl named Mikako Nagamine is drafted to the UN Space Army in a war against a group of aliens called the Tarsians, named after the Martian region (Tharsis) where they were first encountered. As a Special Agent, Mikako pilots a giant bipedal robot or mecha as part of a fighting squadron attached to the spacecraft carrier Lysithea.

When the Lysithea leaves Earth to search for the Tarsians with Mikako on board, Mikako's boyfriend Noboru Terao remains behind. The couple continues to communicate across interplanetary, and eventually interstellar space via the e-mail facilities on their mobile phones.

As the Lysithea travels deeper into space, the e-mails take increasingly longer to reach Noboru on Earth, and the time-lag of their correspondence eventually spans years.

The narrative begins in 2047. Mikako is apparently alone in a hauntingly empty city, trying to contact people through her cell phone. She finally says, in an empty classroom with stacked chairs, "Noboru? I'm going home, okay?", a rhetorical question which is answered with a busy line on her cell phone. Then she wakes up to discover that she is in her mecha orbiting an alien gas giant. She then goes to a moon or planet in the background, the fictional 4th world of Sirius System, Agartha.

In the middle of the anime proper, she sends an email to Noboru (which shows the date 2047-09-16), with the subject "I am here", saying "to the 24 year old Noboru, from the 15 year old Mikako" (in reference to time dilation, see below) which would only reach him 8 years, 224 days and 18 hours later, and just hopes it reaches him. Some flashes of imagery, perhaps indicative of memory, a hallucination, or even a mystical encounter, are then shown. It is a morphing character that looks like a younger Mikako. While they're speaking however, that character morphs into a Tarsian and then into an older version of herself. The same room where she woke up in the beginning of the animation is presented again, with the same ambience, but this time she is squatting in the corner, sobbing and pleading with her doppleganger to let her see Noboru just once more time to be able to say "I love you" to him.

The other being says "It will be all right. You will see him again". The ship's alarm starts warning her that the Tarsians suddenly coming from everywhere. Mikako cries even more, yelling "I don't understand!". A climactic battle ensues. Meanwhile, back on Earth, Noboru receives the message, albeit almost 9 years in the future. A voice-over dialogue commences between the two of them which functions as a synchronous soliloquy on the same subject. Meanwhile, back at Agartha, three of the four carriers equipped with the warp engines which brought the expeditionary force to Sirius have been destroyed. The Lysithea is still intact after Mikako joins the fight and stops its destruction. After winning the battle, Mikako lets her damaged mecha drift in space.
( thx to wikipedia)
Posted 6/17/08
The Place Promised in Our Early Days

The anime follows the story of three friends living in Aomori on the northern end of southern Japan: two boys, Hiroki Fujisawa and Takuya Shirakawa, both child prodigies; and one girl, Sayuri Sawatari. In 1996, the three are in eighth grade, their last year of middle school, and they are fascinated by the Hokkaido Tower visible across the Tsugaru Strait to the north.

On the last day before spring break, one of Sayuri's friends, Kana Matsuura, confesses to Takuya that she has romantic feelings for him, but he does not return her feelings. Takuya tells Hiroki that he should date Kana instead, but Hiroki declines, as he is actually romantically interested in Sayuri. Hiroki stays after school for archery practice while Sayuri stays after school for violin practice; they ride the train home together and get to know each other, and Sayuri becomes close friends with the two boys.

The two boys have found a crashed Maritime Self-Defense Force drone plane. Naming it the Bella Ciela, they work on rebuilding the plane, scrounging parts from their workplace, the Emishi Manufacturing factory, with the help of their boss, Mr. Okabe. The three teenagers promise to one day fly to Hokkaido to visit the Tower. However, before they can do this, Sayuri mysteriously disappears during the summer.
( again thx to wikipedia)
Creator
18276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Orb Union
Offline
Posted 6/17/08

miuanna wrote:

Voice of a distant star ( from the same studio as 5 centimeters per a second)


A middle-school girl named Mikako Nagamine is drafted to the UN Space Army in a war against a group of aliens called the Tarsians, named after the Martian region (Tharsis) where they were first encountered. As a Special Agent, Mikako pilots a giant bipedal robot or mecha as part of a fighting squadron attached to the spacecraft carrier Lysithea.

When the Lysithea leaves Earth to search for the Tarsians with Mikako on board, Mikako's boyfriend Noboru Terao remains behind. The couple continues to communicate across interplanetary, and eventually interstellar space via the e-mail facilities on their mobile phones.

As the Lysithea travels deeper into space, the e-mails take increasingly longer to reach Noboru on Earth, and the time-lag of their correspondence eventually spans years.

The narrative begins in 2047. Mikako is apparently alone in a hauntingly empty city, trying to contact people through her cell phone. She finally says, in an empty classroom with stacked chairs, "Noboru? I'm going home, okay?", a rhetorical question which is answered with a busy line on her cell phone. Then she wakes up to discover that she is in her mecha orbiting an alien gas giant. She then goes to a moon or planet in the background, the fictional 4th world of Sirius System, Agartha.

In the middle of the anime proper, she sends an email to Noboru (which shows the date 2047-09-16), with the subject "I am here", saying "to the 24 year old Noboru, from the 15 year old Mikako" (in reference to time dilation, see below) which would only reach him 8 years, 224 days and 18 hours later, and just hopes it reaches him. Some flashes of imagery, perhaps indicative of memory, a hallucination, or even a mystical encounter, are then shown. It is a morphing character that looks like a younger Mikako. While they're speaking however, that character morphs into a Tarsian and then into an older version of herself. The same room where she woke up in the beginning of the animation is presented again, with the same ambience, but this time she is squatting in the corner, sobbing and pleading with her doppleganger to let her see Noboru just once more time to be able to say "I love you" to him.

The other being says "It will be all right. You will see him again". The ship's alarm starts warning her that the Tarsians suddenly coming from everywhere. Mikako cries even more, yelling "I don't understand!". A climactic battle ensues. Meanwhile, back on Earth, Noboru receives the message, albeit almost 9 years in the future. A voice-over dialogue commences between the two of them which functions as a synchronous soliloquy on the same subject. Meanwhile, back at Agartha, three of the four carriers equipped with the warp engines which brought the expeditionary force to Sirius have been destroyed. The Lysithea is still intact after Mikako joins the fight and stops its destruction. After winning the battle, Mikako lets her damaged mecha drift in space.
( thx to wikipedia)


hey, i saw the advertisement poster for this anime in the newtype mag!!! its still not popular? i think its good, but i nv got the time to watching it.!
Posted 6/17/08
In europe its really unknowen.....I don´t know! But I think we should support it! I love CoMix works,especially from Makoto Shinkai! I think thats coz I love the animation! ( therefore I am also Ghibli addicted)
Creator
18276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Orb Union
Offline
Posted 6/17/08
what is Ghibli?
Posted 6/18/08
Ahh ok,ok...breathes for a second! I will post some stories here! The one I love! ( she didn´t know my number one anime studio*dies*

Do u know heidi? They made that too! =) But lets start! Studio ghibli was 1985 from Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata. The name comes from the italian...it was the name they gave their planes at the 2WW. My fav director is Miyazaki!!=)



Fisrt anime: Laputa Castle in the sky

Princess Mononoke


Howls moving Castel



Kikis delivery service


My neighbour totoro


Spirited Away


The tales of earthsea



Nausicaä and the vally of the wind



The cat returns

Grave of fireflys ( thats the one where I cried the whole time from, Takahara)

Creator
18276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Orb Union
Offline
Posted 6/19/08
oo.. its a company! man, i love the animations they did!! but a pity.. i nv look at the company who did it.. haahs -.-"
Member
4839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 6/20/08
Night Head Genesis
24 Episodes
Horror, Mystery, Sci-Fi

Description: Due to their paranormal abilities, two young brothers (Naoto and Naoya) are cast out by their parents and given into the custody of a research center. They escape fifteen years later, and soon learn that they will play a pivotal role in the coming "Upheaval".

The description isn't mush to go on but I really enjoyed watching this anime and I believe that this anime needs to be heard of!

Member
4839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 6/20/08
Peace Maker Kurogane
24 Epsiodes
Shounen, Samurai, Historical, Drama, Comedy, Action

Description:Although traumatized by witnessing the murder of his parents by one of the Choushuu, Ichimura Tetsunosuke's thirst for revenge lead him to desire strength. At the age of 15, Tetsunosuke approached the Shinsengumi, wanting to become one of its members. However, Tetsunosuke lacked the skill, mind and will to emotionlessly cut down whoever threatened peace and the Shinsengumi. Even with the support of his brother Tatsunosuke and his newfound friends of the Shinsengumi, little did Tetsunosuke know the blood and pain he would have to face being part of this historical group.


--------------------MY THOUGHTS-----
------------------------------------------------
I haven't heard many people talk about this show so i believe i need to give it a shout out.
I got emotional here and there, laugh and got to feel somethings along the way. I was able to be drawn into this anime!
I believe others will come to enjoy this anime.
Creator
18276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Orb Union
Offline
Posted 6/21/08

helaynia wrote:

Night Head Genesis
24 Episodes
Horror, Mystery, Sci-Fi

Description: Due to their paranormal abilities, two young brothers (Naoto and Naoya) are cast out by their parents and given into the custody of a research center. They escape fifteen years later, and soon learn that they will play a pivotal role in the coming "Upheaval".

The description isn't mush to go on but I really enjoyed watching this anime and I believe that this anime needs to be heard of!



looks cool. will check it out.
Posted 7/5/08 , edited 7/10/08
My quota is back soon! And I will watc then! Yay! Well I have found some new one I would like too see! Its called Kure-nai - To Build A Home! I will write more about it when I have seen it! =)


And a second oneI have is! Heroic age! I was totaly happy as I found it! XD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.