First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Characters in Jdramas who grew up in America but are not good in english
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / nEvErland
Offline
Posted 6/10/08 , edited 6/10/08



Inoue Mao as Fukunaga Mio in FIRST KISS who stayed overseas for ten years




Horikita Maki as Ashiya Mizuki in HANA KIMI who grew up in US


it's not that i dont like them, on the contrary i like them both as actresses.... but i just think that in dramas with characters such as these they should choose actors who can speak the language fluently since the character does (obviously because they grew up in states..)

i know most of the j-actors are not good in english but with these characters the drama seemed too unrealistic... well thats what i think... i dont know about you guys...


13804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Japan/Korea..*sig...
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

jagged02 wrote:




Inoue Mao as Fukunaga Mio who stayed overseas for ten years




Horikita Maki as Ashiya Mizuki who grew up in US


it's not that i dont like them, on the contrary i like them both as actresses.... but i just think that in dramas with characters such as these they should choose actors who can speak the language fluently since the character does (obviously because they grew up in states..)

i know most of the j-actors are not good in english but with these characters the drama seemed too unrealistic... well thats what i think... i dont know about you guys...




OMG. Inoue Mao & Horikita Maki both stayed iin the U.S. Sugoii
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / nEvErland
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

Azndramalover76 wrote:


jagged02 wrote:




Inoue Mao as Fukunaga Mio who stayed overseas for ten years




Horikita Maki as Ashiya Mizuki who grew up in US


it's not that i dont like them, on the contrary i like them both as actresses.... but i just think that in dramas with characters such as these they should choose actors who can speak the language fluently since the character does (obviously because they grew up in states..)

i know most of the j-actors are not good in english but with these characters the drama seemed too unrealistic... well thats what i think... i dont know about you guys...




OMG. Inoue Mao & Horikita Maki both stayed iin the U.S. Sugoii


no. mizuki and mio the characters they portray..

13804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Japan/Korea..*sig...
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

jagged02 wrote:


Azndramalover76 wrote:


jagged02 wrote:




Inoue Mao as Fukunaga Mio who stayed overseas for ten years




Horikita Maki as Ashiya Mizuki who grew up in US


it's not that i dont like them, on the contrary i like them both as actresses.... but i just think that in dramas with characters such as these they should choose actors who can speak the language fluently since the character does (obviously because they grew up in states..)

i know most of the j-actors are not good in english but with these characters the drama seemed too unrealistic... well thats what i think... i dont know about you guys...




OMG. Inoue Mao & Horikita Maki both stayed iin the U.S. Sugoii


no. mizuki and mio the characters they portray..



Oh now ii get iit hehe.. ii was off..wayy off LOL!!
689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
thats bad.
3284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / seoul ^_^
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
i totally agree with u
in first kiss i was laughing we r supposed to believe she grew up in the states yea rite..

and in hana kimi maki is from the states but her english was not good at all
5319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
What Jactress/actor can speak English fluently?
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
Hmm that is a good point. You almost never hear Maki speak English in Hana Kimi.
In the Taiwanese version, Ella speaks quite a bit of English but it's not that great either...
1513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Lee Min Ho's dreams
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

iluvmnms wrote:

What Jactress/actor can speak English fluently? :P



The girl in Yukan Club (Hakushika Noriko) who plays the tea heiress spoke rather well in English in episode 7. In the same episode, Akinish Jin also spke English well. I was especially impressed by the girl because she didn't have the distinctive Japanese accent when she spoke English.

3363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Sunny Singapore
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

maybelle916 wrote:


iluvmnms wrote:

What Jactress/actor can speak English fluently? :P



The girl in Yukan Club (Hakushika Noriko) who plays the tea heiress spoke rather well in English in episode 7. In the same episode, Akinish Jin also spke English well. I was especially impressed by the girl because she didn't have the distinctive Japanese accent when she spoke English.




dont forget an episode of Cartoon Kat-tun.
his Jinglish improved alot!
it was more fluent!
812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/7/08
Maki and Mao
1406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / San Diego
Offline
Posted 10/15/08
I don't think that it's really that important to the overall drama. Their acting were good, plus, technically, their target audience are not us English speaking fans but Japanese fans who also do not know much English, so really it's not a priority for them to get an English-speaking actress who would only have to speak like about 10 minutes at the most of English and Japanese for the rest of the drama. I think that acting is more important.
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/08
just b/c you have an accent, does not mean your english is bad...english is a very hard language to learn and im sure the japanese make fun of us for our accents when we try to speak japanese. lol. my teacher always corrects me for my accent. hehe.
1595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / My house
Offline
Posted 10/15/08
Yeah when Maki talked english, well she said hamburger, I was like O_O what she say hamburga!?!?!?!? But lol I still liked her! She rocked my socks! Hiro, Nanba-sempai, is REALLY good in english! :D :D
3335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / sunny California :]
Offline
Posted 10/16/08
lol, i only know maou-chan from first kiss :]
her english is heavily accented, and when she talks in english, i just can't help but laugh x]
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.