First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
When u watch a Drama, Do you feel like it's fake?!
1188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / F / somewhere over th...
Offline
Posted 6/16/08
yea sometimes
1392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / SuMWheRe oN EaRtH!!
Offline
Posted 6/16/08
i know the dramas/movie/anime was a fake...
but, i juz watchin and enjoyin it...i try to feel it......
it was like a stress release stuff u noe...
watchin it and enjoy it...
mayb that way u won't be burden by the fake that the dramas/movie/anime is actually fake....
598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / So Cal
Offline
Posted 6/16/08
of course you know it's not real but i still enjoy watching them. i don't really think about being fake or whatever.
3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/08

Amanderina wrote:

I can deal with coincidences, and the unreality of running into someone like sixteen hundred different times just so the main characters can have interaction. maybe it's because I can deal with the underlying "fate" of dramas- I mean, you know they're going to get together in the beginning, right, which, quite honestly, rules out reality completely(* I mean, srsly, know one knows who's going to end up w/ who in real life*). Which is why most of us like dramas-call it escapism, but who expects to see reality on TV?. but in my opinion- if I"m going to accept coincidence as a plot device- than I need coincidencesto be somewhat less cliche- or , if they are going to be cliche, than at least let them be cleverly tied into the plot, and know be random moments thrown in elongate the episodes, so the drama will show longer. Pointless cliches in dramas are the absolute worst. ugh. they strip me of my ability to have an imagination with a drama. I mean, if you think about it- most of the dramas you really love are the ones with really deeply portray characters- ones where (*when the actor is good*) you picture what might be running through their mind at a particularily suspenceful moment- what they might be feeling. That requires "imagination" - an emotional/empathetic kind, but imagination none the less. I think the dramas that really draw me in are the ones that give me lots of those characters- together- and give them a dynamic to work with. in that kind of drama, you can through in all the cliches you want, and i'll let them pass by, b/c I'm concentrating on the characters and their responses to one another.

lol. long winded once again.


U have a point there

if it wasn't for the fact that watching dramas those kind of Coincidental drama are enjoyable and take u a different world than the reality world that sucks .. it wouldn't have this much FANs ..

it's true that we donno who we'll end up with in real life .. but i guess coincidences are less than dramas like .. u know some Kdramas stop coincidences ex: the lead actor and actress see each other like twice and then they bond to each other by a contract ex: Full House, Witch Yoo Hee << i wonder why there should be always a contract .. so they stop those Coincidental moments :D

yah for the part of imagination .. i also can't imagine what will happen .. if the lead actor is really really good at hiding his emotions so he's kind of mysterious like for example Yamapi in Kurosagi & Go Soo in Green Rose



3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/08

ladygurl wrote:

i know the dramas/movie/anime was a fake...
but, i juz watchin and enjoyin it...i try to feel it......
it was like a stress release stuff u noe...
watchin it and enjoy it...
mayb that way u won't be burden by the fake that the dramas/movie/anime is actually fake....


U know .. every1 watchs dramas for that same reason .. i'm not talking about how fake they are .. although sometimes they have some kind of reality in them .. i'm talking about my perspective towards how fake they are
3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/08 , edited 6/16/08

Amanderina wrote:

srsly. insulting the viewers intelligence with nonsensical plotdevice, is like slapping yourself in the face with a fish- its smelly, and it stings- and everyone will laugh at the fact that you slapped yourself in the face- not because you were clever for doing it- just because you were stupid, and slapped yourself in the face with a fish. AKA- pointless idiocy.


HAHAHA yah ur sooo r8 .. when they do things like that .. i'm like thinking they only wanna increase the number of viewers nothing else .. so they don't wanna keep that drama in memory .. like it's just for a short time and 4 their own benefit
168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/08
Yeah, especially when the actors seem conscious that someone's watching them.
455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 6/16/08

blalee6 wrote:


Amanderina wrote:

I can deal with coincidences, and the unreality of running into someone like sixteen hundred different times just so the main characters can have interaction. maybe it's because I can deal with the underlying "fate" of dramas- I mean, you know they're going to get together in the beginning, right, which, quite honestly, rules out reality completely(* I mean, srsly, know one knows who's going to end up w/ who in real life*). Which is why most of us like dramas-call it escapism, but who expects to see reality on TV?. but in my opinion- if I"m going to accept coincidence as a plot device- than I need coincidencesto be somewhat less cliche- or , if they are going to be cliche, than at least let them be cleverly tied into the plot, and know be random moments thrown in elongate the episodes, so the drama will show longer. Pointless cliches in dramas are the absolute worst. ugh. they strip me of my ability to have an imagination with a drama. I mean, if you think about it- most of the dramas you really love are the ones with really deeply portray characters- ones where (*when the actor is good*) you picture what might be running through their mind at a particularily suspenceful moment- what they might be feeling. That requires "imagination" - an emotional/empathetic kind, but imagination none the less. I think the dramas that really draw me in are the ones that give me lots of those characters- together- and give them a dynamic to work with. in that kind of drama, you can through in all the cliches you want, and i'll let them pass by, b/c I'm concentrating on the characters and their responses to one another.

lol. long winded once again.


U have a point there

if it wasn't for the fact that watching dramas those kind of Coincidental drama are enjoyable and take u a different world than the reality world that sucks .. it wouldn't have this much FANs ..

it's true that we donno who we'll end up with in real life .. but i guess coincidences are less than dramas like .. u know some Kdramas stop coincidences ex: the lead actor and actress see each other like twice and then they bond to each other by a contract ex: Full House, Witch Yoo Hee << i wonder why there should be always a contract .. so they stop those Coincidental moments :D

yah for the part of imagination .. i also can't imagine what will happen .. if the lead actor is really really good at hiding his emotions so he's kind of mysterious like for example Yamapi in Kurosagi & Go Soo in Green Rose






omg. you know, I totally think my comment has been colored with my recent viewing of Kurosagi for the first time(*I just finished the last three episodes last night!*)? I wanted to watch it b/f I watched to movie. and when I was writing about it, I was thinking about how I totally didn't mind the coincidence of Tsurara finding an apartment in Kurosaki's building, or any of the coincidences of her running into as he's doing jobs, or her working at the the coffee shop the Katsuragi ordered coffee beans from....b/c the way the plot moved, and the elements the really made the show great, and stand out- was the deeper conflict and characters. LOL. an the fact that Yamapi is seriously hot in this particular drama. love the red suspenders. hehe. and I've looked at Green Rose b/f, but I've never watched it. is a good drama? like on a scale of 1-10?

(*goes to watch the Kurosagi movie! I made myself wait. YAAAY*)
524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 6/16/08
I'm irritated at all those mushy lines they have to say,it's like even if you have a partner you also won't say all those mushy things..Example..How much do you love me? As much as the stars on the sky..I think it was really annoying and all the scene they are already set on..Example the femal lead gotta come this place and do this thing on this time..The male actor gotta accidentally bump into female lead on this palce at this time..But i can only say if there isn't any mushy lines,I bet all the romance drama won't out VCD and selled sooooo hot..Because now of theseday,most teenage buy romance VCD like devil beside you and why why love all this,Without those teenage who's admire handsome guy or pretty girl.All the CD wont be selling so hot..Me myself also buy alot of taiwan japan and korean VCD..All were romance:D
Posted 6/16/08 , edited 6/16/08
ye kinda - bt sometimes only.
1731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / PLutOniC
Offline
Posted 6/16/08
me,,, yes i know while watching that theyre fake,,, but when im focus on the beautiful and inspiring story and the way they act i already forget about it .... you should juz focus on the story(or maybe the drama/ movies that you are watching is not that good thats why u still have time to think that theyre fake)


just focus how beautiful the story is...
550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/08

blalee6 wrote:

Ok as u can understand from the topic .. it explains itself .. this has been going on with me since last month .. when i saw the making of the "Coffee Prince" .. it's amazing but i have this problem since then .. it's driving me crazy .. i can't watch anything at the moment ..

it's like when i see them acting .. i feel like there is a huge filming crew behind this scene .. like if the girl and the boy are together alone .. i'm thinking like .. oh well there is a camera infront of them and a bunch of people are filming them .. and i lose interest in the scene and concentrate on the movement of the camera

the same goes for animes .. i feel like it's all drawings .. nothing real !!!!


So do u face the same problem ?!! >> i dont think so

how can i get red of those thoughts ?!!!!!


i know where your coming from it happened to me too. What I did was i just accepted it and slowly i was able to let go of the camera movement and concentrate on the story. Although sometimes it happens and when it does i just keep focusing on the drama and i will then start seeing them as real again. Hope it helps
52316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/08
Aren`t all dramas fake though ?
... unless if the words below the title says like "Based on a true event // story" ...
3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/08

Amanderina wrote:




omg. you know, I totally think my comment has been colored with my recent viewing of Kurosagi for the first time(*I just finished the last three episodes last night!*)? I wanted to watch it b/f I watched to movie. and when I was writing about it, I was thinking about how I totally didn't mind the coincidence of Tsurara finding an apartment in Kurosaki's building, or any of the coincidences of her running into as he's doing jobs, or her working at the the coffee shop the Katsuragi ordered coffee beans from....b/c the way the plot moved, and the elements the really made the show great, and stand out- was the deeper conflict and characters. LOL. an the fact that Yamapi is seriously hot in this particular drama. love the red suspenders. hehe. and I've looked at Green Rose b/f, but I've never watched it. is a good drama? like on a scale of 1-10?

(*goes to watch the Kurosagi movie! I made myself wait. YAAAY*)


So ur thinking the way iam thinking .. yah Green Rose is an excellent drama .. i admit that the the first 4 eps are a bit dragging and boring .. but i can give it a 10/10 .. i really really liked it
3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/08 , edited 6/16/08

SakuraDavik wrote:


blalee6 wrote:

Ok as u can understand from the topic .. it explains itself .. this has been going on with me since last month .. when i saw the making of the "Coffee Prince" .. it's amazing but i have this problem since then .. it's driving me crazy .. i can't watch anything at the moment ..

it's like when i see them acting .. i feel like there is a huge filming crew behind this scene .. like if the girl and the boy are together alone .. i'm thinking like .. oh well there is a camera infront of them and a bunch of people are filming them .. and i lose interest in the scene and concentrate on the movement of the camera

the same goes for animes .. i feel like it's all drawings .. nothing real !!!!


So do u face the same problem ?!! >> i dont think so

how can i get red of those thoughts ?!!!!!


i know where your coming from it happened to me too. What I did was i just accepted it and slowly i was able to let go of the camera movement and concentrate on the story. Although sometimes it happens and when it does i just keep focusing on the drama and i will then start seeing them as real again. Hope it helps


thanX alot .. i'm trying to accept that fact now .. and trying to concentrate on the story .. i really couldn't watch anything for about 2 weeks .. still i have some of those weird feelings which make me lose interest in the drama but it's better than b4
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.