First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Bebo website blamed for boys death-is a memorial romantasicing death?
1477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / new zealand
Offline
Posted 6/13/08 , edited 6/13/08
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23853471-2,00.html

near the end of this article a labour mp claims that setting up an online memorial for this boy who killed himself because of cyber bullying romanticizes suicide and should not be done as it will encourage others to kill themselves. do you agree with this or do you think it is taking away the right to publicly remember the dead?

also what are your thoughts on cyber bullying?
Eater of Worlds
Bedlam 
68087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / East Coastin'
Offline
Posted 6/13/08
cyber bullying is real. and it can ruin people's lives. those who bully others and corner them until they decide that death is the only way out should be punished severely for it.
Posted 6/13/08
(Thoughts on cyber bullying)

There's an ignore/block feature for a reason... and if you don't like a website because people there don't like you, just leave it and go to another one... block the people, don't log on.. etc. Nothing to hang yourself over.
Posted 6/13/08 , edited 6/13/08
ok people don't get angry at me
But that kid needed to distance himself form the virtual world to reality, if it was so bad he should have deleted his account, I dint think it was just cuber bullies who lead to his suffice it has to be physical ones too.
People don't just commit suicide for such a small thing it had to be something bigger
1477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / new zealand
Offline
Posted 6/13/08

helena91 wrote:

ok people don't get angry at me
But that kid needed to distance himself form the virtual world to reality, if it was so bad he should have deleted his account, I dint think it was just cuber bullies who lead to his suffice it has to be physical ones too.
People don't just commit suicide for such a small thing it had to be something bigger


not angry at ya-agree with ya
Posted 6/13/08

pakeha wrote:


helena91 wrote:

ok people don't get angry at me
But that kid needed to distance himself form the virtual world to reality, if it was so bad he should have deleted his account, I dint think it was just cuber bullies who lead to his suffice it has to be physical ones too.
People don't just commit suicide for such a small thing it had to be something bigger


not angry at ya-agree with ya


no but give it a while there will be a bunch of sympathy voters here saying I'm a bitch.
Jeeez wake up people No one is that petty to kill themselves over a website
815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / United States of...
Offline
Posted 6/13/08
This may sound crazy but I believe cyber bullying should be punishable by law. People often use the internet to vent their stress. Many usually do it through gaming, blogging, reading, etc. but there are people who vent by harassing others. The problem is that they usually get away with it because many people don't see it the same as, say, shooting somebody in the head. As much as people like to deny it, words do hurt and just because it's words on a screen, it doesn't make it any less hurtful.
Posted 6/13/08
over-reacted by far!
Posted 6/13/08 , edited 6/13/08

Bedlam wrote:

cyber bullying is real. and it can ruin people's lives. those who bully others and corner them until they decide that death is the only way out should be punished severely for it.


I disagree. The kid could have easily just erased his acount, or removed the pictures of himself. Choosing death over living because of this is idiotic, and shows that he was naive. There could have been so many things that he could have done to stop the bullying he recieved, and in the worst case scenario, he could have quit using the internet. I see this kid as only pathetic and feel no sympathy towards his childish behavior.
815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / United States of...
Offline
Posted 6/13/08

cRYP7 wrote:


Bedlam wrote:

cyber bullying is real. and it can ruin people's lives. those who bully others and corner them until they decide that death is the only way out should be punished severely for it.


I disagree. The kid could have easily just erased his acount, or removed the pictures of himself. Choosing death over living because of this is idiotic, and shows that he was naive. There could have been so many things that he could have done to stop the bullying he recieved, and in the worst case scenario, he could have quit using the internet. I see this kid as only pathetic and feel no sympathy towards his childish behavior.


I agree with both of you to some extent. Cyber bullying is real and it can be damaging and the kid probably should have taken time out to think about everything around him but these days it's very hard to do anything without being on the internet. Especially with websites like MySpace, Facebook, and even crunchyroll that encourages people to make friends through their networks.
Posted 6/13/08
Bullying people is just the worst, no matter whether it's on the internet or in real life.
Guess some people just get some kind of satisfaction out of being an ass.
Posted 6/13/08
He wouldn't last a minute in 4 chan
317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Germany
Offline
Posted 6/13/08
Ah..so he was bullied because he looked emo..and then they say "They need to stay very much in this real world and talk to real people."

Right..because *real* people hadn't said anything...


Come on..which normal 13 years old boy hangs himself because he get's bullied by some data transfer...>>



2750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / England
Offline
Posted 6/13/08
Im sorry but i think thats like... silly to be honest... i mean, how could you be so easily offended by someone online... =/
Posted 6/13/08
cyber bullying is a joke.

anybody that would take some font seriously is a pussy.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.