First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Who will vote for in the 2008 general election?
28856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Brooklyn, New York
Offline
Posted 9/5/08
If i could vote, i would vote for Obama =)
12887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 9/6/08

nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:


nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:


nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:

McCain - easy...Why? Even I am at least equally qualified to be the President as is Obama. Hell, I might even be more qualified. Obama, has made a very clear demonstration that he does not in fact understand international politics to the degree that the head of a nation needs to (evident in his opposition to the surge in Iraq - a move that McCain supported and one that has worked wonders, and his not understanding the conflict between Russia and Georgia that in turn led to his initially timid response to the conflict). Furthermore, Obama has never held a leadership position, whereas McCain has 20 years of military service under his belt as an officer in the US Navy. Obama supports a very limited and short sighted energy policy, whereas McCain supports a far more comprehensive energy policy that includes nuclear, solar, wind, clean coal, increased off-shore drilling, and a move to reduce consumption...

McCain is the better candidate in every single respect - he is more qualified, has a better understanding on political reality, and has the better policies (mostly).

On a side note: Really, I had been hoping for a McCain-Giuliani ticket, but MCain-Palin makes me equally as happy... ^.^


You're satisfied with Palin?


I am not more dissatisfied with Palin than I would be with Obama, at least...I do like her oratory skills and think she is dynamic, but I would still want McCain in the driver's seat.


But she's not even close to being qualified to be president. You say Obama isn't qualified (that's your opinion), but look at her. The truth is, McCain's 72. That's about the life expectancy for Americans. Most likely, he'll die in office. And who will we get stuck with? Her. If I was a McCain supporter, I wouldn't at all feel secure with that ticket.


My point is that she is no less qualified than Obama. So what is your point? That we are screwed with either choice? Because that's pretty much what this argument would boil down to.


She is clearly less qualified than Obama and much less qualified than Biden. Pretty much anyone can see that and I'm sure you do too. I'm guessing your objection to Obama is making you blind to the fact. And no, I don't think we're screwed with either choice because I don't think we're screwed with Obama. I think McCain supporters are screwed with her and the country would be screwed if McCain were to win.


Hmm, less qualified than Obama? Well, let's see, she has more executive experience and we all know that Obama definitely does not have foreign policy experience (and no, I am sorry, you can't count that single trip abroad this year in which he went around glad handing and all). Is she less qualified than Biden? Of course she is! Biden actually would be the better presidential candidate than Obama and in certain ways could compare to McCain...And if you can't see how screwed we would be with Obama you really need to take a closer look at how international politics work, what the current situation in the world is, how military campaigns work, and the history of American foreign relations and what has worked and what hasn't. Then take a look at Obama's policies and do a bit of compare and contrast...I have taken classes in all of this, I am a history major with a minor in Russian and am thinking of eventually getting a Masters in political science, and you know what? I can very clearly see what would happen with Obama as president and its not a pretty picture. Things would get MUCH worse than they are now...Much MUCH worse...
12887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 9/6/08

nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:


nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:


nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:


nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:

McCain - easy...Why? Even I am at least equally qualified to be the President as is Obama. Hell, I might even be more qualified. Obama, has made a very clear demonstration that he does not in fact understand international politics to the degree that the head of a nation needs to (evident in his opposition to the surge in Iraq - a move that McCain supported and one that has worked wonders, and his not understanding the conflict between Russia and Georgia that in turn led to his initially timid response to the conflict). Furthermore, Obama has never held a leadership position, whereas McCain has 20 years of military service under his belt as an officer in the US Navy. Obama supports a very limited and short sighted energy policy, whereas McCain supports a far more comprehensive energy policy that includes nuclear, solar, wind, clean coal, increased off-shore drilling, and a move to reduce consumption...

McCain is the better candidate in every single respect - he is more qualified, has a better understanding on political reality, and has the better policies (mostly).

On a side note: Really, I had been hoping for a McCain-Giuliani ticket, but MCain-Palin makes me equally as happy... ^.^


You're satisfied with Palin?


I am not more dissatisfied with Palin than I would be with Obama, at least...I do like her oratory skills and think she is dynamic, but I would still want McCain in the driver's seat.


But she's not even close to being qualified to be president. You say Obama isn't qualified (that's your opinion), but look at her. The truth is, McCain's 72. That's about the life expectancy for Americans. Most likely, he'll die in office. And who will we get stuck with? Her. If I was a McCain supporter, I wouldn't at all feel secure with that ticket.


My point is that she is no less qualified than Obama. So what is your point? That we are screwed with either choice? Because that's pretty much what this argument would boil down to.


She is clearly less qualified than Obama and much less qualified than Biden. Pretty much anyone can see that and I'm sure you do too. I'm guessing your objection to Obama is making you blind to the fact. And no, I don't think we're screwed with either choice because I don't think we're screwed with Obama. I think McCain supporters are screwed with her and the country would be screwed if McCain were to win.


Hmm, less qualified than Obama? Well, let's see, she has more executive experience and we all know that Obama definitely does not have foreign policy experience (and no, I am sorry, you can't count that single trip abroad this year in which he went around glad handing and all). Is she less qualified than Biden? Of course she is! Biden actually would be the better presidential candidate than Obama and in certain ways could compare to McCain...And if you can't see how screwed we would be with Obama you really need to take a closer look at how international politics work, what the current situation in the world is, how military campaigns work, and the history of American foreign relations and what has worked and what hasn't. Then take a look at Obama's policies and do a bit of compare and contrast...I have taken classes in all of this, I am a history major with a minor in Russian and am thinking of eventually getting a Masters in political science, and you know what? I can very clearly see what would happen with Obama as president and its not a pretty picture. Things would get MUCH worse than they are now...Much MUCH worse...


What foreign policy experience does Palin have? And executive experience? I'm sorry, but it's Alaska. To tell the truth, that hardly even counts. Most would agree that Alaska is in its own realm. I think you realize how bad of a choice Palin is. Honestly, if she was on Obama's ticket, you would probably be criticizing her so hard.


Uh, well having executive experience in Alaska is still more than Obama's ZERO executive experience...Some > than zero? A very true statement indeed. Now as for it being its own realm...Well, that is a very strange thing for you to say because in the United States, every state is its "own realm" with its own quirks and its own way of doing things. So really, your point in this manner is a moot one at best. And would I be criticizing Palin if she was on the Obama ticket? Yes and no...I would be criticizing the ticket for being the weakest ticket ever because neither have the credentials to truly be considered for president...So in the end, it all comes back to who is the better choice, a man who if elected would be in a position he's not prepared for or the other ticket with a VP candidate who may but probably will not be thrown into the presidential job? Hmm, being screwed over vs a chance of not being screwed over - I think I know which I would choose.
12887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 9/6/08 , edited 9/6/08

nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:


nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:


nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:


nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:


nene817 wrote:


sheighton wrote:

McCain - easy...Why? Even I am at least equally qualified to be the President as is Obama. Hell, I might even be more qualified. Obama, has made a very clear demonstration that he does not in fact understand international politics to the degree that the head of a nation needs to (evident in his opposition to the surge in Iraq - a move that McCain supported and one that has worked wonders, and his not understanding the conflict between Russia and Georgia that in turn led to his initially timid response to the conflict). Furthermore, Obama has never held a leadership position, whereas McCain has 20 years of military service under his belt as an officer in the US Navy. Obama supports a very limited and short sighted energy policy, whereas McCain supports a far more comprehensive energy policy that includes nuclear, solar, wind, clean coal, increased off-shore drilling, and a move to reduce consumption...

McCain is the better candidate in every single respect - he is more qualified, has a better understanding on political reality, and has the better policies (mostly).

On a side note: Really, I had been hoping for a McCain-Giuliani ticket, but MCain-Palin makes me equally as happy... ^.^


You're satisfied with Palin?


I am not more dissatisfied with Palin than I would be with Obama, at least...I do like her oratory skills and think she is dynamic, but I would still want McCain in the driver's seat.


But she's not even close to being qualified to be president. You say Obama isn't qualified (that's your opinion), but look at her. The truth is, McCain's 72. That's about the life expectancy for Americans. Most likely, he'll die in office. And who will we get stuck with? Her. If I was a McCain supporter, I wouldn't at all feel secure with that ticket.


My point is that she is no less qualified than Obama. So what is your point? That we are screwed with either choice? Because that's pretty much what this argument would boil down to.


She is clearly less qualified than Obama and much less qualified than Biden. Pretty much anyone can see that and I'm sure you do too. I'm guessing your objection to Obama is making you blind to the fact. And no, I don't think we're screwed with either choice because I don't think we're screwed with Obama. I think McCain supporters are screwed with her and the country would be screwed if McCain were to win.


Hmm, less qualified than Obama? Well, let's see, she has more executive experience and we all know that Obama definitely does not have foreign policy experience (and no, I am sorry, you can't count that single trip abroad this year in which he went around glad handing and all). Is she less qualified than Biden? Of course she is! Biden actually would be the better presidential candidate than Obama and in certain ways could compare to McCain...And if you can't see how screwed we would be with Obama you really need to take a closer look at how international politics work, what the current situation in the world is, how military campaigns work, and the history of American foreign relations and what has worked and what hasn't. Then take a look at Obama's policies and do a bit of compare and contrast...I have taken classes in all of this, I am a history major with a minor in Russian and am thinking of eventually getting a Masters in political science, and you know what? I can very clearly see what would happen with Obama as president and its not a pretty picture. Things would get MUCH worse than they are now...Much MUCH worse...


What foreign policy experience does Palin have? And executive experience? I'm sorry, but it's Alaska. To tell the truth, that hardly even counts. Most would agree that Alaska is in its own realm. I think you realize how bad of a choice Palin is. Honestly, if she was on Obama's ticket, you would probably be criticizing her so hard.


Uh, well having executive experience in Alaska is still more than Obama's ZERO executive experience...Some > than zero? A very true statement indeed. Now as for it being its own realm...Well, that is a very strange thing for you to say because in the United States, every state is its "own realm" with its own quirks and its own way of doing things. So really, your point in this manner is a moot one at best. And would I be criticizing Palin if she was on the Obama ticket? Yes and no...I would be criticizing the ticket for being the weakest ticket ever because neither have the credentials to truly be considered for president...So in the end, it all comes back to who is the better choice, a man who if elected would be in a position he's not prepared for or the other ticket with a VP candidate who may but probably will not be thrown into the presidential job? Hmm, being screwed over vs a chance of not being screwed over - I think I know which I would choose.


I would say that being in the senate for 7 years and being on a foreign relations committee is a better qualification than being the mayor of some unknown city and governor of Alaska for about one year. And you know Alaska is hardly related to the 48 contiguous states and Alaskans have a lot less in common than citizens of these states. Yes, you know. And you've said yourself that Palin doesn't have the credentials to be considered for president. That's what I was going at from the beginning. So, discussion over.


Mmmm, but being a Senator for 7 years really doesn't mean that much when it comes to being qualified...Still no leadership or executive experience. And as for foreign relations committee, that's only a slightly more recent appointment and it is not nearly as significant committee as the ones that McCain has served on for years. But in the end, you essentially just participated in an argument that might end up being played out in the actual campaigns and it is an argument that will end in Obama losing. Why is that? Very simple and it has its context in previous elections such as the 2004 election. This argument, if pursued by both campaigns, pits Obama vs Palin - a presidential candidate vs a VP candidate, just like Kerry vs Cheney in 2004. Such a situation allows for McCain to stay above the fray and completely undermines Obama, and if it follows the same pattern as these have in the past, the side with the candidate above the fray usually wins...So in essence, thank you for playing this little game and showing us just how such a debate about the qualifications of a presidential candidate vs that of a VP candidate can in fact undermine the position of said presidential candidate. This discussion is now truly over and for your sake you better hope that it does not raise its head again like this in the campaign, otherwise you might consider moving to Canada...
Posted 9/6/08 , edited 9/6/08



I never started this about Obama vs Palin or Obama vs McCain. It was about Palin being a horrible choice, regardless of who she's running with or against. And you apparently being satisfied with this choice, even if she was chosen over Giuliani or whoever else (pretty much because she's a woman). But w/e, we'll just have to see how this plays out.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/6/08
I am voting for McCain and Paulin. I dislike Obama's views and think that he himself is corrupt. 20 years in a racist "church"? Good friend is an unrepentant terrorist? No experience? Hardly voting in his current position? I am sorry, but the only "Change" that Obama wants, is the change that is in your pocket.
9376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/13/08 , edited 10/13/08
Obama.

im not going to vote (im only 14, lol)
i am not a politician, i am just a normal high school student, so if i say something completely policitally incorrect i apologize beforehand.

but from my eyes McCain reminds me of Bush >.>...which is not a good thing
the whole "experience" and "served the army" thing again...
no offense, but McCain is not young, and i definitely do not want Palin to be president.

don't even get me started about her.

on the side note: i live in California...that isn't helping my view on McCain, lol
w/e...if i was in another state, i still think i would like Obama better ^-^
5561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Neverland
Offline
Posted 10/13/08
If I could vote I would vote 4 Obama. he doesn't have much experience but, McLame.. eh nvm thats a stupid thing to say McCane* has had a lot of health problems in the past and If a unfortunate accident were to happen and Palin take over I would srsly run away and live in Canada She's not experienced at all and I mean at all.
Note: I do not mean to offend anyone and if I do offend u i am sorry :[
83483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Between reality a...
Offline
Posted 10/13/08
I can't officially vote, but I'd probably be leaning towards Obama.
13804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Japan/Korea..*sig...
Offline
Posted 10/13/08

Daharkas wrote:

I'm in California, so my vote doesn't really matter whether or not I vote against Obama.

But I'm intending to write in Stephen Colbert.


0BAMA
301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The land of Nekos
Offline
Posted 10/13/08

Daharkas wrote:

I'm in California, so my vote doesn't really matter whether or not I vote against Obama.

But I'm intending to write in Stephen Colbert.


Rofl Colbert yes I think I would vote the same thing.
21073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicagoland Area
Offline
Posted 10/13/08
OBAMA! Then, Shinji!!! That's right I'm votin for you man!
54351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / TUMBLR
Offline
Posted 10/14/08
I'm not old enough to vote, but I'd vote for Obama!
3351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 10/14/08
obama ?
2294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/14/08
I would vote for the NDP in Canada xD but if I were to be in US, then obama
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.