First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Obama Supports Sex Education In Kindergarten
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/14/08

YouAreDumb wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:

Well I think that's better than letting kids hear it from other kids or other sources. At least having sex education at that age would give them a fair idea of what it really is instead of them being clueless and super curious about it and then later on their curiosity might endanger them.
Freud's Psychosexual Stages of Development is a good justification that children as young as 1 are sexual in a more subtle way. It's not like they'll teach the type of sex education that's usually given to high schoolers. Obviously, they would adjust it and make it more "appropriate" and more understandable to kids at that age.

And the mentality of kids nowadays are changing drastically... I mean....lose your virginity on prom night, pregnant 12 year olds, bla bla bla =____=


I lost my virginity at 13 to a prostitute. Thats close to 12.


Err. Thanks for the unwanted information?
6468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/14/08

music190 wrote:


supersuggs wrote:


music190 wrote:

Obama Supports Sex-Education in Kindergarten, Romney Strikes Back
"How much sex education is age appropriate for a 5-year-old? In my view, zero," Romney declares

By Elizabeth O'Brien

COLORADO SPRINGS, July 20, 2007 (LifeSiteNews. com) - As the presidential vote approaches, Democratic candidate Barack Obama and Republican candidate Mitt Romney are pitted against each other over the issue of the appropriateness of sex-education for kindergarten students.



Pro-abortion Senator Barack Obama addressed a Planned Parenthood Action Fund group on Tuesday, saying, "It's the right thing to do," to provide "age-appropriate sex education, science-based sex education in schools." Obama said he believes that children need information when they are young so that they can protect themselves from sexual predators.



Romney struck back while campaigning in Colorado Springs, asking, "How much sex education is age appropriate for a 5-year-old?" Romney stated, "In my view, zero is the right amount. Instead of teaching about sex education in kindergarten to 5-year-olds let's clean up the ocean of filth, the cesspool in which our children are swimming.

"

"Let's let our 5-year olds be 5-year olds," said Romney's spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom. "When students are old enough for sex education they should be taught abstinence as part of their health curriculum and that marriage should come before babies.

"

Obama defended himself saying, "All I said was that I support the same laws that exist in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, in which local communities and parents can make decisions to provide children with the information they need to deal with sexual predators," the Boston Globe reports. As Illinois State Senator, Obama approved legislation that would allow sex-education in kindergarten rather than grades 6 to 12 only.



During his governorship of Massachusetts, Romney actively supported abstinence education in addition to sex-education (see http://www. boston. com/news/education/k_12/articles/2005/12/2...).

On the other hand, ABC also reports that in a 2002 Planned Parenthood questionnaire, Romney checked yes to the following question: "Do you support the teaching of responsible, age-appropriate, factually accurate health and sexuality education, including information about both abstinence and contraception, in public schools?"

Romney, who professes to have had a demonstrative, but recent turn-around in his moral views, has called himself "firmly pro-life". Despite this and his present conservative stand against Obama on the matter of sex-education, Romney has met with considerable suspicion from conservatives and is being forced to work hard to reassure many voters who are uneasy due to a history of waffling on traditional values.





See ABC News coverage:
http://www. abcnews. go. com/Politics/WireStory?id=3395323&...

The Romney Report: An Analysis of Republican Mitt Romney's Legacy on Life and Family

Part 1: Romney and his Pro-life Position
http://www. lifesitenews. com/ldn/2007/may/07050711. html

The Romney Report: An In-Depth Analysis of Mitt Romney's Legacy on Life and Family Continued: Part II
http://www. lifesitenews. com/ldn/2007/may/07051409. html

Senators Clinton, Obama, say "Homosexuality is Moral"
http://www. lifesitenews. com/ldn/2007/mar/07031606. html

"Talking about Touching" Sex-Ed Opponent Fr.

Altier Writes to Spirit Daily
http://www. lifesitenews. com/ldn/2006/mar/06030809. html


Is this somebody you would really want in the white house? I mean, come one people. Seriously.


Did you know that because of Bushes abstinence only education, the previously declining teen pregnency rate is now going up? And also along with that, the amount of teen abortions are going down! This is what i call counter productive.


And that is a bad thing?


o_O? The whole point of sexual education is so that teens dont go having babies before they are emotionally, and financially ready. Its kind of counter productive when the numbers go up.

Also if your one of those anti abortion people then im not even going to bother and argue with you.
6468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/14/08

music190 wrote:


supersuggs wrote:


music190 wrote:


supersuggs wrote:


music190 wrote:

Obama Supports Sex-Education in Kindergarten, Romney Strikes Back
"How much sex education is age appropriate for a 5-year-old? In my view, zero," Romney declares

By Elizabeth O'Brien

COLORADO SPRINGS, July 20, 2007 (LifeSiteNews. com) - As the presidential vote approaches, Democratic candidate Barack Obama and Republican candidate Mitt Romney are pitted against each other over the issue of the appropriateness of sex-education for kindergarten students.



Pro-abortion Senator Barack Obama addressed a Planned Parenthood Action Fund group on Tuesday, saying, "It's the right thing to do," to provide "age-appropriate sex education, science-based sex education in schools." Obama said he believes that children need information when they are young so that they can protect themselves from sexual predators.



Romney struck back while campaigning in Colorado Springs, asking, "How much sex education is age appropriate for a 5-year-old?" Romney stated, "In my view, zero is the right amount. Instead of teaching about sex education in kindergarten to 5-year-olds let's clean up the ocean of filth, the cesspool in which our children are swimming.

"

"Let's let our 5-year olds be 5-year olds," said Romney's spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom. "When students are old enough for sex education they should be taught abstinence as part of their health curriculum and that marriage should come before babies.

"

Obama defended himself saying, "All I said was that I support the same laws that exist in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, in which local communities and parents can make decisions to provide children with the information they need to deal with sexual predators," the Boston Globe reports. As Illinois State Senator, Obama approved legislation that would allow sex-education in kindergarten rather than grades 6 to 12 only.



During his governorship of Massachusetts, Romney actively supported abstinence education in addition to sex-education (see http://www. boston. com/news/education/k_12/articles/2005/12/2...).

On the other hand, ABC also reports that in a 2002 Planned Parenthood questionnaire, Romney checked yes to the following question: "Do you support the teaching of responsible, age-appropriate, factually accurate health and sexuality education, including information about both abstinence and contraception, in public schools?"

Romney, who professes to have had a demonstrative, but recent turn-around in his moral views, has called himself "firmly pro-life". Despite this and his present conservative stand against Obama on the matter of sex-education, Romney has met with considerable suspicion from conservatives and is being forced to work hard to reassure many voters who are uneasy due to a history of waffling on traditional values.





See ABC News coverage:
http://www. abcnews. go. com/Politics/WireStory?id=3395323&...

The Romney Report: An Analysis of Republican Mitt Romney's Legacy on Life and Family

Part 1: Romney and his Pro-life Position
http://www. lifesitenews. com/ldn/2007/may/07050711. html

The Romney Report: An In-Depth Analysis of Mitt Romney's Legacy on Life and Family Continued: Part II
http://www. lifesitenews. com/ldn/2007/may/07051409. html

Senators Clinton, Obama, say "Homosexuality is Moral"
http://www. lifesitenews. com/ldn/2007/mar/07031606. html

"Talking about Touching" Sex-Ed Opponent Fr.

Altier Writes to Spirit Daily
http://www. lifesitenews. com/ldn/2006/mar/06030809. html


Is this somebody you would really want in the white house? I mean, come one people. Seriously.


Did you know that because of Bushes abstinence only education, the previously declining teen pregnency rate is now going up? And also along with that, the amount of teen abortions are going down! This is what i call counter productive.


And that is a bad thing?


o_O? The whole point of sexual education is so that teens dont go having babies before they are emotionally, and financially ready. Its kind of counter productive when the numbers go up.

Also if your one of those anti abortion people then im not even going to bother and argue with you.


Well just so you know, Abortion higher's you're risk of breast cancer.


And a baby raises your risk of poverty.
70637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

music190 wrote:

Well just so you know, Abortion higher's you're risk of breast cancer.


http://oversight.house.gov/features/politics_and_science/example_breast_cancer.htm

Bread increases your risk of getting cancer because almost everyone who has had cancer has at some point eaten bread.

See? I can distort information too.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
obama is just a retard all around. he lies, hez racist. if you ask me he should be shot an dkilled and be done with it. then put Romney in the white house. mccain is ok but not great.
Posted 6/15/08
u dnt need to teach kids about sex! they know a lot already! kids these days eh? lol
387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Georgia Southern...
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

obama is just a retard all around. he lies, hez racist. if you ask me he should be shot an dkilled and be done with it. then put Romney in the white house. mccain is ok but not great.


How is Obama racist? Please don't say because of the whole Reverend Wright issue.. And regardless of how you feel about anyone, you should never wish death upon someone because you disagree with them. I dislike a tremendous amount of Bush policies, but I never wished death upon the guy. Him getting kicked out of office, I wished upon. I'm not cool with settling for the same old complacency and going with a conservative president. Changes that could bring an end to the decline is in order.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

jdynamite wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:

obama is just a retard all around. he lies, hez racist. if you ask me he should be shot an dkilled and be done with it. then put Romney in the white house. mccain is ok but not great.


How is Obama racist? Please don't say because of the whole Reverend Wright issue.. And regardless of how you feel about anyone, you should never wish death upon someone because you disagree with them. I dislike a tremendous amount of Bush policies, but I never wished death upon the guy. Him getting kicked out of office, I wished upon. I'm not cool with settling for the same old complacency and going with a conservative president. Changes that could bring an end to the decline is in order.


well i do think obama is racist. i mean come on he grew up in a racist church and said it himself he agreed with all the comments his dumbass reverend said. so yeah im gonna say bc of that issue. if you disagree then kudoos for you for not believeing me. althought it was on the news in one of his speeches. and yes i still wish him dead. why? bc i want him dead. if i had a gun and he was right in front of me i'd shot his legs and watch him bleed out. ^_^
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

I had this urge to post that here,sorry.


Enough with this Obama praising and bashing. Every America-related(or even unrelated) thread on Extended Discussion(and General) end up discussing Obama and it usually ends up with the same people repeating the same shit about him and the same people defending him.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

h4x0rz wrote:


I had this urge to post that here,sorry.


Enough with this Obama praising and bashing. Every America-related(or even unrelated) thread on Extended Discussion(and General) end up discussing Obama and it usually ends up with the same people repeating the same shit about him and the same people defending him.


uhhh so? more cr points for us bashers and praisers!
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

Katorulez93 wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


I had this urge to post that here,sorry.


Enough with this Obama praising and bashing. Every America-related(or even unrelated) thread on Extended Discussion(and General) end up discussing Obama and it usually ends up with the same people repeating the same shit about him and the same people defending him.


uhhh so? more cr points for us bashers and praisers!


CR points are overrated, boy
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

h4x0rz wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


I had this urge to post that here,sorry.


Enough with this Obama praising and bashing. Every America-related(or even unrelated) thread on Extended Discussion(and General) end up discussing Obama and it usually ends up with the same people repeating the same shit about him and the same people defending him.


uhhh so? more cr points for us bashers and praisers!


CR points are overrated, boy :P


lol but they are fun to have , little boy
387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Georgia Southern...
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

Katorulez93 wrote:


jdynamite wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:

obama is just a retard all around. he lies, hez racist. if you ask me he should be shot an dkilled and be done with it. then put Romney in the white house. mccain is ok but not great.


How is Obama racist? Please don't say because of the whole Reverend Wright issue.. And regardless of how you feel about anyone, you should never wish death upon someone because you disagree with them. I dislike a tremendous amount of Bush policies, but I never wished death upon the guy. Him getting kicked out of office, I wished upon. I'm not cool with settling for the same old complacency and going with a conservative president. Changes that could bring an end to the decline is in order.


well i do think obama is racist. i mean come on he grew up in a racist church and said it himself he agreed with all the comments his dumbass reverend said. so yeah im gonna say bc of that issue. if you disagree then kudoos for you for not believeing me. althought it was on the news in one of his speeches. and yes i still wish him dead. why? bc i want him dead. if i had a gun and he was right in front of me i'd shot his legs and watch him bleed out. ^_^


I grew up in a racist town, had a family that was racist in many regards, but I'm one of the most open-minded people on race that you'd ever meet. It was true that Obama was reluctant to leave the church at first, but he later condemned the words of his former pastor and left the church. That happened over a month ago. Obama's a human being, so he's sure as hell is going to make mistakes. No man is infallible. I even said earlier that this regard on kindergarten sex ed is something that I'm against despite Obama's stance on it. As for your disregard on human life, I guess as long as you don't mind someone doing the same to you, then I won't sweat it.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/15/08 , edited 6/18/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

lol but they are fun to have , little boy


really?in what way?
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/15/08 , edited 6/18/08

h4x0rz wrote:

really?in what way?


its like gamerscore on xbox 360. just fun to have. im not gonna waste my time giving you full detail
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.