First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Itazura na Kiss Anime to Show Creator's Planned Ending
Member
1186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
I seriously hope they have a happy ending, but I hope they make it so that it's POSSIBLE to continue it, or like where some anime's have open endings but no second season we can think up the rest ourselves if that made sense...
Member
145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 7/14/08
my condolences to Shigeru Nishikawa
she mustve been a great woman to create something so heartwarming as itazura na kiss
thank you for supporting her legacy
2737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Tokyo
Offline
Posted 7/14/08
aww the creator died without finishing it =( thats so sad. well i'm glad she told her husband about how she wanted it to end. and that it'll end the way she wants in the anime. in my opinion i like watching the anime then reading the manga. manga always seems so long. well, i hope she'll be happy with how her anime will end. she should be happy since everyone loves it ^_^ rest in peace Kaoru Tada.
Member
7649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / around there .
Offline
Posted 7/14/08

ayamefan13 wrote:

Oh my god, I'm so happy! =D

The drama versions of the manga never had the ending concept!

This is so exciting! Now I have something to look forward to!

Even though it's planned to have 26 episodes, I hope it's extended!


It was planned to have 26 episodes. I thought there would only be 16 or something.YAY!DANG! I hope its extended too.:) I
2180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F
Offline
Posted 7/15/08
Fiction. Fiction. Fiction. I wouldn't believe crap like this, especially from Asian Fanatics. They like posting wild rumors, like how Mike He and Ariel Lin hate each other. And how Joe Cheng and Ariel Lin are dating. They also warp translations and also make stuff up... Because it's a rumor doesn't make it true. But over there they like to make it so.

Tada-sensei is unlikely to tell the ending. Live with it. Besides which the anime is more likely to adhere to the ending exactly more than the Taiwanese drama. Mark my words. Don't get your hopes up. And don't listen to Asian Fanatics.
1176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / My room
Offline
Posted 7/15/08
I haven't read the manga yet but this info you released was interesting...thnx...
Member
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/15/08
Wow, the best news I received all day. I really hope it will end them having a cute little baby!
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/16/08 , edited 7/16/08

Hitsuji wrote:

Fiction. Fiction. Fiction. I wouldn't believe crap like this, especially from Asian Fanatics. They like posting wild rumors, like how Mike He and Ariel Lin hate each other. And how Joe Cheng and Ariel Lin are dating. They also warp translations and also make stuff up... Because it's a rumor doesn't make it true. But over there they like to make it so.

Tada-sensei is unlikely to tell the ending. Live with it. Besides which the anime is more likely to adhere to the ending exactly more than the Taiwanese drama. Mark my words. Don't get your hopes up. And don't listen to Asian Fanatics.


I don't think it's fiction, even Anime News Network reported the same news. Apparently The Mainichi Shimbun paper interviewed Tada's husband about it.

Here's the link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-12/itazura-na-kiss-anime-to-show-creator-planned-ending
2180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F
Offline
Posted 7/16/08 , edited 7/16/08

Twitchy wrote:


Hitsuji wrote:

Fiction. Fiction. Fiction. I wouldn't believe crap like this, especially from Asian Fanatics. They like posting wild rumors, like how Mike He and Ariel Lin hate each other. And how Joe Cheng and Ariel Lin are dating. They also warp translations and also make stuff up... Because it's a rumor doesn't make it true. But over there they like to make it so.

Tada-sensei is unlikely to tell the ending. Live with it. Besides which the anime is more likely to adhere to the ending exactly more than the Taiwanese drama. Mark my words. Don't get your hopes up. And don't listen to Asian Fanatics.


I don't think it's fiction, even Anime News Network reported the same news. Apparently The Mainichi Shimbun paper interviewed Tada's husband about it.

Here's the link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-12/itazura-na-kiss-anime-to-show-creator-planned-ending


The problem is that the link they linked to.. I don't actually see the exact translation for what they are claiming...

Fact 1. It doesn't mention a coma. It mentions an "accidental death", yet they claim the article has this. Sorry, it doesn't. I checked.

Fact 2. The husband doesn't know the exact ending. He knows a little of an intended ending. That's not the same thing. (See translation below). Anime News Network overreported this. But then they've reported rumors too and blown up rumors as well. They rather exaggerated with the second paragraph, since the actual translation of said part of ending was from two sentences, but they went on about how scripts were going to be based on this, how the interview was all about this. Umm... It doesn't say that. It says he knows a rough outline for a little bit of the idea, and that there will be a "special" episode. --;; Really.

Fact 3. The last sentence is rather stretching it... --;; There are bigger influences than Tada-sensei.


Exact Japanese is below:

多田さんのパートナーで、「イタキス」の結末についての構想を知る数少ない一人が、夫で音楽プロデューサーの西川茂さんだ。「イタキス」復活への秘話を明かしてもらった。

Break down for Japanese illiterate:
多田さん- Tada-san
の- possessive or of.
パートナー- partner
で- particle marker.
「イタキス」- read Itakisu, shortened form of Itazura na Kisu.
結末- ketsumatsu, end.
に- in, at.
ついて- concerning.
の- of, possessive.
構想- Kousou- plot, plan idea.
を- object marker.
知る- to know.
数少ない- a little. a basic idea.
一人-hitotsu. first person, only person.
が、- subject marker w/ comma.
夫- husband
で- yet another marker.
音楽プロデューサー- music producer
の- of or possessive.
西川茂さん- Nishikawa Shingetsu
だ。-It is...

Roughly speaking, he doesn't know the exact ending as was reported. He knows a *rough* ending, which is not the same thing as knowing the ending. It says he knew a little. It does not say that she suddenly told him the whole plot. It just says that he knows a little of the planned ending.

Beyond this there is error as well... yes, authors change their minds. Even the authors that plan and plot well. ^^;; I could go on and on about this one. We can't know what the actual ending would be no matter how many people she told. it's a sad truth. Most authors have a flex in them and that annoying little flex and the reviewing and the editing can make the ending you thought of even yesterday completely change as you do it.

I'm saying this to caution people from saying this is the *exact* ending she wished for and would have done. We can't know that. It's a sad truth.

I'd still raise an eyebrow, since the newspaper didn't actually ask him about said ending, but rather asked him why he wanted to bring it to anime form. i.e. they never asked him if he actually had such an ending, so since it was not asked to him first, it kind of raises a question. How do they know that information if they never asked for the interview. Thus, this brings the question of if they used their primary source at the given time.

Even if the report is true, it's not to the scale everyone seems to be reporting it.

In short, this anime news network report was highly exaggerated... and probably written by a fan with a source that only partially backed them with two sentences that wasn't part of the actual interview. *cough*

I do like to backtrack my sources.

BTW, Shimbun and Paper as in Newspaper is redundant. It's like calling the biggest mountain in Japan, Fuji Yama Mountain.

--;; I really wish they wouldn't put in things like "coma" when they have no source. Goes to show people make stuff up.
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/16/08 , edited 7/16/08

Hitsuji wrote:


Twitchy wrote:


Hitsuji wrote:

Fiction. Fiction. Fiction. I wouldn't believe crap like this, especially from Asian Fanatics. They like posting wild rumors, like how Mike He and Ariel Lin hate each other. And how Joe Cheng and Ariel Lin are dating. They also warp translations and also make stuff up... Because it's a rumor doesn't make it true. But over there they like to make it so.

Tada-sensei is unlikely to tell the ending. Live with it. Besides which the anime is more likely to adhere to the ending exactly more than the Taiwanese drama. Mark my words. Don't get your hopes up. And don't listen to Asian Fanatics.


I don't think it's fiction, even Anime News Network reported the same news. Apparently The Mainichi Shimbun paper interviewed Tada's husband about it.

Here's the link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-12/itazura-na-kiss-anime-to-show-creator-planned-ending


The problem is that the link they linked to.. I don't actually see the exact translation for what they are claiming...

Fact 1. It doesn't mention a coma. It mentions an "accidental death", yet they claim the article has this. Sorry, it doesn't. I checked.

Fact 2. The husband doesn't know the exact ending. He knows a little of an intended ending. That's not the same thing. (See translation below). Anime News Network overreported this. But then they've reported rumors too and blown up rumors as well. They rather exaggerated with the second paragraph, since the actual translation of said part of ending was from two sentences, but they went on about how scripts were going to be based on this, how the interview was all about this. Umm... It doesn't say that. It says he knows a rough outline for a little bit of the idea, and that there will be a "special" episode. --;; Really.

Fact 3. The last sentence is rather stretching it... --;; There are bigger influences than Tada-sensei.


Exact Japanese is below:

多田さんのパートナーで、「イタキス」の結末についての構想を知る数少ない一人が、夫で音楽プロデューサーの西川茂さんだ。「イタキス」復活への秘話を明かしてもらった。

Break down for Japanese illiterate:
多田さん- Tada-san
の- possessive or of.
パートナー- partner
で- particle marker.
「イタキス」- read Itakisu, shortened form of Itazura na Kisu.
結末- ketsumatsu, end.
に- in, at.
ついて- concerning.
の- of, possessive.
構想- Kousou- plot, plan idea.
を- object marker.
知る- to know.
数少ない- a little. a basic idea.
一人-hitotsu. first person, only person.
が、- subject marker w/ comma.
夫- husband
で- yet another marker.
音楽プロデューサー- music producer
の- of or possessive.
西川茂さん- Nishikawa Shingetsu
だ。-It is...

Roughly speaking, he doesn't know the exact ending as was reported. He knows a *rough* ending, which is not the same thing as knowing the ending. It says he knew a little. It does not say that she suddenly told him the whole plot. It just says that he knows a little of the planned ending.

Beyond this there is error as well... yes, authors change their minds. Even the authors that plan and plot well. ^^;; I could go on and on about this one. We can't know what the actual ending would be no matter how many people she told. it's a sad truth. Most authors have a flex in them and that annoying little flex and the reviewing and the editing can make the ending you thought of even yesterday completely change as you do it.

I'm saying this to caution people from saying this is the *exact* ending she wished for and would have done. We can't know that. It's a sad truth.

I'd still raise an eyebrow, since the newspaper didn't actually ask him about said ending, but rather asked him why he wanted to bring it to anime form. i.e. they never asked him if he actually had such an ending, so since it was not asked to him first, it kind of raises a question. How do they know that information if they never asked for the interview. Thus, this brings the question of if they used their primary source at the given time.

Even if the report is true, it's not to the scale everyone seems to be reporting it.

In short, this anime news network report was highly exaggerated... and probably written by a fan with a source that only partially backed them with two sentences that wasn't part of the actual interview. *cough*

I do like to backtrack my sources.

BTW, Shimbun and Paper as in Newspaper is redundant. It's like calling the biggest mountain in Japan, Fuji Yama Mountain.

--;; I really wish they wouldn't put in things like "coma" when they have no source. Goes to show people make stuff up.


*Sigh* I really had my hopes up for a minute. Oh well. I never realized some people over exaggerate these articles so badly... especially with the coma bit. Hmm, well I guess even a rough ending is better than nothing, perhaps it will provide a little closure?
Member
2732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / outskirts of Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/17/08
anyway i read the manga. although the manga will not b completed... but at least roughly know what will e ending b... even the author had gone 2 heaven, i think she will wan naoki & kotoko 2 b together...
Member
16972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/17/08
I hope it's a happy ending where they don't get divorced or something loo. But I thought ep.14 was going to be the ending. But if it's not, I'm so happy!! <33
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.