First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why do most guys hate it when girls cry ?
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

evin5fwtr wrote:


makix wrote:


evin5fwtr wrote:http://www.crunchyroll.com/users
Users


makix wrote:


evin5fwtr wrote:

guys who hate girls when they cry are usually the egotistical assholes who're more interested in trying to get into your panties. if you cry it means they've failed at their chance.


For the most part, I hate it when girls cry because usually it's about trivial matters and it shows how spoiled and sheltered they are. Example, too many times I have seen girls cry because they got bad grades or they have to "study" too much. These are not intermediate or high schoolers that I'm talking about; I'm talking about full fledged adult college students. Why the hell would they cry about grades? If you fail a class, it's ultimately because you didn't study enough or you just aren't meant to be in the class. Simple as that. Crying is such a "Help me/Pity me" response and it annoys me that a girl cannot take care of herself. They're basically creating the "weak and insecure" stereotype which feminists around the world are working so hard to eradicate.

If it's not about this, they cry about stupid issues from drama which they probably chose to be a part of and ultimately could have avoided. That guy broke up with you and cheated with you? Well gee, the signs were all there: he flirts around, he doesn't answer your calls, he hides things. Hmmm I wonder what's happening there... yet you don't see it coming and choose not to do anything about it. Grow some balls and man up; and yes, I mean this figuratively not literally.

When they cry about these unimportant stuff, what the hell am I to say? "Study harder?" or "that guy was a jerk, you don't need him"?. Any girl knows that these examples are not the correct answer and basically anything I say, no matter how well inteded it is, will be the wrong thing to say. If I try to comfort them, they usually dismiss it and don't really take heed to what I say. Long story short, whatever I say, no matter how nice or rude it is, will make an ass out of me; and this is because the girl isn't mature enough to handle her own consequences.

It has nothing to do with getting into her panties... and quite frankly, I don't want to be in there.


so you dont care about them at all. just how their crying affects you. we'll put you under the impotent self absorbed asshole catagory then.


Guess you didn't (or lack the capacity to) understand a single thing of what I said or what my deeper message was. I would cliff note what I said for you, but it really cannot get any simpler than that.


this is starting to amuse me now. yes i read it. it was terribly geeky and boring. you can assume why they'd cry all you want but if you dont try and see whats wrong or trying to cheer them up it comes down to how it affects you. i think you love yourself a little too much.


Alright, I'll hold your hand through my "difficult" post and attempt to explain what I'm saying and what you're doing wrong in reading and interpreting my posts. No offense, but judging from your grammar, I wouldn't expect much from the start.

You presented the initial premise that "Guys are assholes who are only trying to get into a girl's panties if they don't like it when girls cry". Is this not correct? (This is where you say "yes".)

Okay, under this premise you set the assumption that there are only two possibilities for a guy in reaction to a crying girl: Either he's a self absorbed person who's trying to get into the girl's pants or he's not. This black and white assumption is entirely false and an unstable judgment to be making your opinions from because a guy can hate a girl crying for different reasons and still not give a damn about her panties or about himself. In other words, the crying is about the girl and what it does to the girl.

This is where I come in. I'm telling you that when a guy doesn't like seeing a girl cry, it's because of alternative reasons different to what you are assuming. (aka, I DISAGREE) You are consistently presenting an Either/Or Logical fallacy which states that "if you're not this, You're this". I'm quite sure you have seen this fallacy numerous times in your lifetime. For example, "If you don't support the United States and its war efforts, you must be a traitor!" It's quite a foolish fallacy and method of argument which many people unconsciously use because they lack the mental capacity to identify it. My argument in my first post states that girls who cry about trivial matters are only making things difficult for her and the people around her. In other words, instead of the guy (who refuses to comfort her) being a self-absorbed asshole (as you present it), the girl is really the one being self absorbed because she doesn't consider the feelings of people around her about things that are ultimately her own problem to deal with. The guy, nowhere in this situation, is being an egotistical asshole; only uneasy at the situation which he is in and how to deal with it because the topic is so trivial to begin with. The girl, on the other hand, is crying about a meager and unimportant matter and is deliberately putting the guy into a difficult environment for him to handle just for the sake of herself. Tell me now... who's being really egotistical and selfish? Keep in mind that this is only for TRIVIAL matters and please do not assume that this reasoning applies for every form of "crying" that a girl does. I'm not going to deny that there are times when a person needs to cry; but grades and stupid drama isn't one of them.

For some reason, after stating this... you say that I'm an "impotent self absorbed asshole". This intrigues me because you simply state this opinions and refuse to present a proper evidence to your claim. Perhaps... is is possible that you don't have a valid reason and you are simply stating this from your initial judgments prior to even reading my posts? Because surely.. if you did understand my message, there was nothing about me being selfish and I'm positive I explained it thoroughly. Also, you don't really point out exactly why I'm a so-called asshole. Perhaps that you don't have a reasoning from my post and it's all off of your self-made premises?

Secondly, you state that "you don't try and see what's wrong or try cheering them up"? Well gee...if I didn't already do that before, how else would I know that they are crying about stupid things such as grades and drama? You see, if I did things the way as you said, my post wouldn't specify to the trivial matters; it would be general crying.





Posted 6/15/08
I dont cry infornt of friends :P

(btw, im a girl)
3342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Phoenix, Arizona
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
This question is self explanatory, you are a girl, don't you hate it when you cry? Crying resembles weakness and help.
Posted 6/15/08
Because girls usually cry for pathetic reasons.
604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

makix wrote:


evin5fwtr wrote:


makix wrote:


evin5fwtr wrote:http://www.crunchyroll.com/users
Users


makix wrote:


evin5fwtr wrote:

guys who hate girls when they cry are usually the egotistical assholes who're more interested in trying to get into your panties. if you cry it means they've failed at their chance.


For the most part, I hate it when girls cry because usually it's about trivial matters and it shows how spoiled and sheltered they are. Example, too many times I have seen girls cry because they got bad grades or they have to "study" too much. These are not intermediate or high schoolers that I'm talking about; I'm talking about full fledged adult college students. Why the hell would they cry about grades? If you fail a class, it's ultimately because you didn't study enough or you just aren't meant to be in the class. Simple as that. Crying is such a "Help me/Pity me" response and it annoys me that a girl cannot take care of herself. They're basically creating the "weak and insecure" stereotype which feminists around the world are working so hard to eradicate.

If it's not about this, they cry about stupid issues from drama which they probably chose to be a part of and ultimately could have avoided. That guy broke up with you and cheated with you? Well gee, the signs were all there: he flirts around, he doesn't answer your calls, he hides things. Hmmm I wonder what's happening there... yet you don't see it coming and choose not to do anything about it. Grow some balls and man up; and yes, I mean this figuratively not literally.

When they cry about these unimportant stuff, what the hell am I to say? "Study harder?" or "that guy was a jerk, you don't need him"?. Any girl knows that these examples are not the correct answer and basically anything I say, no matter how well inteded it is, will be the wrong thing to say. If I try to comfort them, they usually dismiss it and don't really take heed to what I say. Long story short, whatever I say, no matter how nice or rude it is, will make an ass out of me; and this is because the girl isn't mature enough to handle her own consequences.

It has nothing to do with getting into her panties... and quite frankly, I don't want to be in there.


so you dont care about them at all. just how their crying affects you. we'll put you under the impotent self absorbed asshole catagory then.


Guess you didn't (or lack the capacity to) understand a single thing of what I said or what my deeper message was. I would cliff note what I said for you, but it really cannot get any simpler than that.


this is starting to amuse me now. yes i read it. it was terribly geeky and boring. you can assume why they'd cry all you want but if you dont try and see whats wrong or trying to cheer them up it comes down to how it affects you. i think you love yourself a little too much.


Alright, I'll hold your hand through my "difficult" post and attempt to explain what I'm saying and what you're doing wrong in reading and interpreting my posts. No offense, but judging from your grammar, I wouldn't expect much from the start.

You presented the initial premise that "Guys are assholes who are only trying to get into a girl's panties if they don't like it when girls cry". Is this not correct? (This is where you say "yes".)

Okay, under this premise you set the assumption that there are only two possibilities for a guy in reaction to a crying girl: Either he's a self absorbed person who's trying to get into the girl's pants or he's not. This black and white assumption is entirely false and an unstable judgment to be making your opinions from because a guy can hate a girl crying for different reasons and still not give a damn about her panties or about himself. In other words, the crying is about the girl and what it does to the girl.

This is where I come in. I'm telling you that when a guy doesn't like seeing a girl cry, it's because of alternative reasons different to what you are assuming. (aka, I DISAGREE) You are consistently presenting an Either/Or Logical fallacy which states that "if you're not this, You're this". I'm quite sure you have seen this fallacy numerous times in your lifetime. For example, "If you don't support the United States and its war efforts, you must be a traitor!" It's quite a foolish fallacy and method of argument which many people unconsciously use because they lack the mental capacity to identify it. My argument in my first post states that girls who cry about trivial matters are only making things difficult for her and the people around her. In other words, instead of the guy (who refuses to comfort her) being a self-absorbed asshole (as you present it), the girl is really the one being self absorbed because she doesn't consider the feelings of people around her about things that are ultimately her own problem to deal with. The guy, nowhere in this situation, is being an egotistical asshole; only uneasy at the situation which he is in and how to deal with it because the topic is so trivial to begin with. The girl, on the other hand, is crying about a meager and unimportant matter and is deliberately putting the guy into a difficult environment for him to handle just for the sake of herself. Tell me now... who's being really egotistical and selfish? Keep in mind that this is only for TRIVIAL matters and please do not assume that this reasoning applies for every form of "crying" that a girl does. I'm not going to deny that there are times when a person needs to cry; but grades and stupid drama isn't one of them.

For some reason, after stating this... you say that I'm an "impotent self absorbed asshole". This intrigues me because you simply state this opinions and refuse to present a proper evidence to your claim. Perhaps... is is possible that you don't have a valid reason and you are simply stating this from your initial judgments prior to even reading my posts? Because surely.. if you did understand my message, there was nothing about me being selfish and I'm positive I explained it thoroughly. Also, you don't really point out exactly why I'm a so-called asshole. Perhaps that you don't have a reasoning from my post and it's all off of your self-made premises?

Secondly, you state that "you don't try and see what's wrong or try cheering them up"? Well gee...if I didn't already do that before, how else would I know that they are crying about stupid things such as grades and drama? You see, if I did things the way as you said, my post wouldn't specify to the trivial matters; it would be general crying.







thats why i added a usually bright guy. you're the one who misread. i was wrong, this isn't amusing me at all anymore. no wonder you dont try with girls, you could bore for your country... i dont think being put to sleep on a first date sounds terribly romantic. if a womans crying and needs someone to comfort her but instead of that because of how her crying is affecting you, wouldn't you say that person is self absorbed? the reason for why she's crying shouldn't matter unless it's important to help. the impotency thing was just for my amusement but after reading that dreary crap i think i may not be far off the mark.
5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
Girls want to show they need male help because we are dominant gender in the world.
3649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
i don't like it when anyone cries because i never know what to do. i never cry in front of people except in band. hehe it gets emotional.

if a girl is crying just give her a hug
26946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Candy Mountain
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

makix wrote:
For the most part, I hate it when girls cry because usually it's about trivial matters and it shows how spoiled and sheltered they are. Example, too many times I have seen girls cry because they got bad grades or they have to "study" too much. These are not intermediate or high schoolers that I'm talking about; I'm talking about full fledged adult college students. Why the hell would they cry about grades? If you fail a class, it's ultimately because you didn't study enough or you just aren't meant to be in the class. Simple as that. Crying is such a "Help me/Pity me" response and it annoys me that a girl cannot take care of herself. They're basically creating the "weak and insecure" stereotype which feminists around the world are working so hard to eradicate.

If it's not about this, they cry about stupid issues from drama which they probably chose to be a part of and ultimately could have avoided. That guy broke up with you and cheated with you? Well gee, the signs were all there: he flirts around, he doesn't answer your calls, he hides things. Hmmm I wonder what's happening there... yet you don't see it coming and choose not to do anything about it. Grow some balls and man up; and yes, I mean this figuratively not literally.

When they cry about these unimportant stuff, what the hell am I to say? "Study harder?" or "that guy was a jerk, you don't need him"?. Any girl knows that these examples are not the correct answer and basically anything I say, no matter how well intended it is, will be the wrong thing to say. If I try to comfort them, they usually dismiss it and don't really take heed to what I say. Long story short, whatever I say, no matter how nice or rude it is, will make an ass out of me; and this is because the girl isn't mature enough to handle her own consequences.

It has nothing to do with getting into her panties... and quite frankly, I don't want to be in there.


No offense it seems more like you hate it because you don't know what to say and you don't want to get her angry at you. It's not that you think them all whiny, it's just your inability to think of something to make them feel better, or their inability to accept your intentions of trying to help them. Though I can see what you are saying about some girls crying over stupid things and whine on about them, and it annoys me because sometimes I have more reason to cry than they have and yet they are the ones crying. And then I have to put aside my annoyed thoughts and think of something to make them feel better without letting my annoyed thoughts reach them in their depressed state.

I mean sure I cry, and sometimes I do cry about what some people might think as stupid, but I usually don't cry around people, I keep it hidden as best I can so that someone offline won't talk to me about it or something. I don't like putting people in the awkward situation, and if I do and they don't know what to say I make sure to tell them, that them just being there for me is enough. Because their intentions to help show that they are worried, and that's enough for me, I don't need to have them say a really smooth line. Sometimes people just need someone to hug them when they cry, because it's hard to always fight what's bothering you alone.

And sure there are girls who get in stupid relationships, but it's a learning experience for them to try to get over it. And it's not kind to judge them, even if they were stupid, heck there are even some guys that get in stupid relationships and get suicidal or cry over it when the other person cheats or breaks up with them. So crying over a broken relationship isn't just trying to get pity, they just were blinded by love and didn't notice it sometimes. Or they believed the person changed and is a better person than before. They don't always believe they'll get hurt.



I agree with you, you aren't a jerk, you just don't like listening to people whine about things which aren't that important, and when you try to help and you can't it's annoying because you can't make them cheer up even though it's unimportant. And some girls are selfish when they cry and whine, though not all are like that. People don't have a right to call you a insensitive jerk or something like that, it seems you do try to help and then you find out it's something stupid and you have to listen to them go on about it and you hate it. I'm sure if it was something more important you'd not be as annoyed about it. It's not that you don't care, and people just misunderstand that so easily. (got distracted so she didn't get to post her first post idea above before someone else replied )
387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Miami, Florida
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
Idk... I don't hate when girls cry... but I'll try to cheer them up!
3828 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Augusta GA
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
cuz its annoying as sh1t
Posted 6/15/08
when you cheer them up you get a reward
4442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Over the californ...
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
well i dont hate but i dont like when they do becuase they should not cry
5914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / with Usagi
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
because we don't know what to do when a girl cries.
1991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / My House
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
Maybe because the sound/sight of someone crying is scientifically proven to be annoying to most humans.

My guy friend said that it freaks him out when ever a girl he knows is crying because he automatically thinks its his fault.And he feels extremely guilty. (He has a good reason to think this, he hit me and my friends [all girls] pretty hard when he gets angry)
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Everywhere!
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
I think it is because when girls cry, they don't know what to do or it makes them look bad to other people or it's their fault that they feel bad for it. Like a special moment...like awkwardness...something close to that! But some guys will actually hand girls tissue or give them his shoulder to cry on or like some caring stuff, which is nice.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.