First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Winston Churchill is NOT a Hero!
11519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Nueva York
Offline
Posted 6/20/08

blablabla9876 wrote:


faeriedustgrl wrote:

it doesn't matter now..this happened like...a hundred years ago.
if he's not a hero to you, i don't think he cares.

^
More ignorant than the thread starter. GO TO SCHOOL.


hey..i already learned this stuff..and i could care less
Posted 6/20/08

faeriedustgrl wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:


faeriedustgrl wrote:

it doesn't matter now..this happened like...a hundred years ago.
if he's not a hero to you, i don't think he cares.

^
More ignorant than the thread starter. GO TO SCHOOL.


hey..i already learned this stuff..and i could care less


IF you did learn this stuff you would know that WWII was around 70years ago not 100. And saying that you don't care about it means that you don't care for the millions of people killed by Hitler and the war.
357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Canoga Park, CA
Offline
Posted 6/20/08
Chamberlain was a pussy...Hitler took most of Europe without firing a shot...everybody wanted to appease him ...that's until he got all the way to Poland...Churchill didn't want to play that game...he may not be a hero...but without him the U.S of A. would've stood alone...idiot who started this thread must be a freakin' Naz...i
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 6/20/08
Because Hitler was such a great guy and never betrayed the Soviet Union and would never have done that to Britian as well if they joined them.........*sarcasm*
11519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Nueva York
Offline
Posted 6/21/08

blablabla9876 wrote:


faeriedustgrl wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:


faeriedustgrl wrote:

it doesn't matter now..this happened like...a hundred years ago.
if he's not a hero to you, i don't think he cares.

^
More ignorant than the thread starter. GO TO SCHOOL.


hey..i already learned this stuff..and i could care less


IF you did learn this stuff you would know that WWII was around 70years ago not 100. And saying that you don't care about it means that you don't care for the millions of people killed by Hitler and the war.


70 rounds to 100 and yes, i DID in fact learn this stuff.
1542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 6/24/08 , edited 8/13/08

thenatureofthings wrote:

Where are you getting your 'facts'?



Although Churchill's role in World War II had generated him much support from the British population, he was defeated in the 1945 election. Many reasons for this have been given, key among them being that a desire for post-war reform was widespread amongst the population and that the man who had led Britain in war was not seen as the man to lead the nation in peace.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Churchill
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler
13202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/25/08
i don't care
1542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 6/25/08 , edited 7/8/08

animoo_x wrote:

Guys please stay on topic.
Any more spam and I'm locking this.

To answer the question: No I don't think any evidence neccessitates an action as extreme as removing of all of Churchill's momuments. The fact is that he was a good Prime Minister and led the UK through WWII.

And the Hitler wanting to be allies part is slightly ridiculous. What source are you getting this from? Hitler always resented the countries who placed the blame of WWI entirely on Germany. Any intention to be allies would merely be a facade.




Operation Sealion (German: Unternehmen Seelöwe) was Germany's plan to invade the United Kingdom during World War II, beginning in 1940. The operation was postponed indefinitely on 17 September 1940.

check this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sealion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain
Posted 6/25/08
My 7th grade homeroom/history teacher was related to him :'D
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 6/25/08
the only facts that I remember about winston churchill was that he was the first one who coined the term "iron curtain" and that he is fat and that he is british lol
38403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

chinky_sonny wrote:

Winston Churchill is NOT a British National Hero! Should Churchill be stricken from the British records? Please support your answer with your opinion or even a fact.(This is a general thread and anything about heroes and UK can be tackled here)

Hitler wanted no part in the war with the UK and wanted to be allies (Heinrich Himmler, Hitler's closest adviser had on many occasions sent envoys to the UK for peace so Churchill was viewed by most of the cabinet as a warmonger). In fact he only made Operation “Sealion” (Germany's plan to invade the United Kingdom) when Churchill decided to help France. And Churchill bankrupted UK, lost the empire and gave in to the USA's whims and caprices . Hence, he is no hero and a disgrace. What do you say to the removal of all his monuments?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sealion

http://www.screenonline.org.uk/tours/heroes/tour7.html


edit:



by animoo_x (forum moderator)

Guys please stay on topic.
Any more spam and I'm locking this.







Aside from those two links do you have anything else to back up those wild claims?
17939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08
This is kinda off topic but maybe a history buff can answer this for me.

If Hitler believed in the supreme race and this whole blonde hair blue eyes stuff and creating a new world and all why did he accept Japan and Italy as allies? Was he planning on double crossing them later?
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/26/08
Winston Churchill= A Hero.
Hitler= An Hero.
3929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / My body lives in...
Offline
Posted 6/26/08 , edited 6/26/08

Jisatsu_no_Tenshi wrote:


chinky_sonny wrote:

Winston Churchill is NOT a British National Hero! Should Churchill be stricken from the British records? Please support your answer with your opinion or even a fact.(This is a general thread and anything about heroes and UK can be tackled here)

Hitler wanted no part in the war with the UK and wanted to be allies (Heinrich Himmler, Hitler's closest adviser had on many occasions sent envoys to the UK for peace so Churchill was viewed by most of the cabinet as a warmonger). In fact he only made Operation “Sealion” (Germany's plan to invade the United Kingdom) when Churchill decided to help France. And Churchill bankrupted UK, lost the empire and gave in to the USA's whims and caprices . Hence, he is no hero and a disgrace. What do you say to the removal of all his monuments?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sealion

http://www.screenonline.org.uk/tours/heroes/tour7.html


edit:



by animoo_x (forum moderator)

Guys please stay on topic.
Any more spam and I'm locking this.







Aside from those two links do you have anything else to back up those wild claims?





look here also but not limited to. (you may search also on communism and nazism)
http://search.creativecommons.org/?q=versailes&sourceid=Mozilla-search
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Churchill
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler



1542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

Jisatsu_no_Tenshi wrote:


chinky_sonny wrote:

Winston Churchill is NOT a British National Hero! Should Churchill be stricken from the British records? Please support your answer with your opinion or even a fact.(This is a general thread and anything about heroes and UK can be tackled here)

Hitler wanted no part in the war with the UK and wanted to be allies (Heinrich Himmler, Hitler's closest adviser had on many occasions sent envoys to the UK for peace so Churchill was viewed by most of the cabinet as a warmonger). In fact he only made Operation “Sealion” (Germany's plan to invade the United Kingdom) when Churchill decided to help France. And Churchill bankrupted UK, lost the empire and gave in to the USA's whims and caprices . Hence, he is no hero and a disgrace. What do you say to the removal of all his monuments?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sealion

http://www.screenonline.org.uk/tours/heroes/tour7.html


edit:



by animoo_x (forum moderator)

Guys please stay on topic.
Any more spam and I'm locking this.







Aside from those two links do you have anything else to back up those wild claims?




Following the end of World War II, the majority of the British people, and particularly the working class and returning servicemen and women, did not want a return to pre-war Conservative economic policies, which they blamed for the hardship of the 1930s, and there was a mood for widespread social change. At the 1945 general election, to the surprise of many observers, Winston Churchill was defeated by the Labour Party headed by Clement Attlee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression_in_the_United_Kingdom

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.