First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Why Are only certain types of manga turned itno anime
2783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 6/19/08 , edited 6/19/08
Looking over the new uploads list, I couldn't help but notice that the second ep of Ikkitousen has come out, with a few Yaoi oriented titles, and it left me wondering. Why is it, borderline Hentai animes like Ikkitousen and Yaoi can be made into animated series, yet, series like Love Celeb or Desire Climax, will never see the light of day? Is there some serious sexism going on in the anime industry? I mean come on, while I like only one of the titles I threw out there (Love Celeb) Far worse series have been made in the form of Yaoi and Hentai, and hell, Ikkitousen which is nothing more then thinly guised Hentai. So what's the deal, why is it that guys get boobs, half nakade girls, or flat out sex (hentai) but all girls who like a little spice in thier series have to look forwards to are some fricken gay dudes if they want fan service or get nothing at all. Is there some serious sexism going on here?
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Austin Texas
Offline
Posted 6/19/08
...So basically, you're whining that homosexuality isn't as well respected in Japan?


Dude, Japan is a CONSERVATIVE country when it comes to many issues.

Do you realize that gay marriage is more frowned upon there, than it is here?!

You really need to do research before you post, because seriously, anyone who knows anything about the anime industry, knows that Yaoi is more successful over here, than it is over there.
(Yaoi is made with lonely housewives in Japan, in mind.)
2783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 6/19/08 , edited 6/19/08

Acervus wrote:

...So basically, you're whining that homosexuality isn't as well respected in Japan?


Dude, Japan is a CONSERVATIVE country when it comes to many issues.

Do you realize that gay marriage is more frowned upon there, than it is here?!

You really need to do research before you post, because seriously, anyone who knows anything about the anime industry, knows that Yaoi is more successful over here, than it is over there.
(Yaoi is made with lonely housewives in Japan, in mind.)


Where did you get I like Yaoi from? I hate Yaoi!!!!!!! Furthermore I don't need to research jack shit, as this post isn't about popularity as much as it it is content. Perhaps you should pause and re-read my post before offering up replies that have little to nothing to do with the fucking topic. My gripe is( As I will clarify for your obviously slow behind) is I wan't to know why the heck is it we can see a chick with her tits hanging out, and guys raping other guys, (Not that I am saying these are okay) but manga depicting intense sexual longing between a guy and a girl will never be seen? And what da hell does gay marriage have to do with what gets published?
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Austin Texas
Offline
Posted 6/19/08

AngeryFruit wrote:


Acervus wrote:

...So basically, you're whining that homosexuality isn't as well respected in Japan?


Dude, Japan is a CONSERVATIVE country when it comes to many issues.

Do you realize that gay marriage is more frowned upon there, than it is here?!

You really need to do research before you post, because seriously, anyone who knows anything about the anime industry, knows that Yaoi is more successful over here, than it is over there.
(Yaoi is made with lonely housewives in Japan, in mind.)


Where did you get I like Yaoi from? I hate Yaoi!!!!!!! My gripe is I wan't to know why the heck is it we can see a chick with her tits hanging out, and guys raping other guys, (Not that I am saying these are okay) but manga depicting intense sexual longing between a guy and a girl will never be seen? Re-read my post


...There are PLENTY of anime with intense sexual longing, I think you just are mad that your favorite series haven't been made into anime...

Because honestly, what was Chobits?..
DearS?...
There are plenty of others, but right now, I'm not going to look them up.
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Austin Texas
Offline
Posted 6/19/08
Also, I apologize for jumping to conclusions, I thought at first, you were just another whiny yaoi fangirl. Those fangirls are THE WORST PEOPLE IN HISTORY.
2783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 6/19/08

Acervus wrote:


AngeryFruit wrote:


Acervus wrote:

...So basically, you're whining that homosexuality isn't as well respected in Japan?


Dude, Japan is a CONSERVATIVE country when it comes to many issues.

Do you realize that gay marriage is more frowned upon there, than it is here?!

You really need to do research before you post, because seriously, anyone who knows anything about the anime industry, knows that Yaoi is more successful over here, than it is over there.
(Yaoi is made with lonely housewives in Japan, in mind.)


Where did you get I like Yaoi from? I hate Yaoi!!!!!!! My gripe is I wan't to know why the heck is it we can see a chick with her tits hanging out, and guys raping other guys, (Not that I am saying these are okay) but manga depicting intense sexual longing between a guy and a girl will never be seen? Re-read my post


...There are PLENTY of anime with intense sexual longing, I think you just are mad that your favorite series haven't been made into anime...

Because honestly, what was Chobits?..
DearS?...
There are plenty of others, but right now, I'm not going to look them up.


You are retarded! First of all, Chobits is not anywhere on the level of Ikkitousen or some of the Yaoi out here.And I'm just mad, catch a fucking clue dude or dudette whatever the hell. Most series that have sexual undertones are aimed at the male populace or females with gay fetish. Am I saying they shouldn't have their kink, nope. All I am asking, and read carefully here, is why are certain series with intense sexual themes animated while others are not? Oh and for the love of god, please try thinking before answering this time around.
1276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / monterey califor...
Offline
Posted 6/19/08
okay your point is you want more .. other types of anime
14835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/19/08
Overreactions for the loss
2783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 6/19/08 , edited 6/19/08

sarahudakh wrote:

okay your point is you want more .. other types of anime



Nope, I don't really care if the manga's are turned into series or not. However, I did think this topic would prove food for thought seeing how there seems to be bias in what series are turned into anime. Granted the Hentai genre probably comes out fo the adult industry, but the same could be said of Yaoi. All I want to know is why guys get girl or girls fawning over guy, or in extreme cases nakade girls but all girls get are gay dudes? And this is our fanservice ( Supposedly since I don't like Yaoi) Fan Service?

3330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Phoenix, Arizona
Offline
Posted 6/19/08
I don't see the resemblance between your title and post.
2783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 6/19/08

DemonWithin912 wrote:

Overreactions for the loss



So you think someone responding in kine to someone who comes and yells at you when they haven't even read the post properly is Overreaction?
14835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/19/08

AngeryFruit wrote:


DemonWithin912 wrote:

Overreactions for the loss



So you think someone responding in kine to someone who comes and yells at you when they haven't even read the post properly is Overreaction?


I am talking about both sides V__V
2783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 6/19/08

NewSoul wrote:

I don't see the resemblance between your title and post.


So you don't see that certain types of manga geared towards a certain audience are more favored to be turned into anime over other types?

90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Austin Texas
Offline
Posted 6/19/08

AngeryFruit wrote:


Acervus wrote:


AngeryFruit wrote:


Acervus wrote:

...So basically, you're whining that homosexuality isn't as well respected in Japan?


Dude, Japan is a CONSERVATIVE country when it comes to many issues.

Do you realize that gay marriage is more frowned upon there, than it is here?!

You really need to do research before you post, because seriously, anyone who knows anything about the anime industry, knows that Yaoi is more successful over here, than it is over there.
(Yaoi is made with lonely housewives in Japan, in mind.)


Where did you get I like Yaoi from? I hate Yaoi!!!!!!! My gripe is I wan't to know why the heck is it we can see a chick with her tits hanging out, and guys raping other guys, (Not that I am saying these are okay) but manga depicting intense sexual longing between a guy and a girl will never be seen? Re-read my post


...There are PLENTY of anime with intense sexual longing, I think you just are mad that your favorite series haven't been made into anime...

Because honestly, what was Chobits?..
DearS?...
There are plenty of others, but right now, I'm not going to look them up.


You are retarded! First of all, Chobits is not anywhere on the level of Ikkitousen or some of the Yaoi out here.And I'm just mad, catch a fucking clue dude or dudette whatever the hell. Most series that have sexual undertones are aimed at the male populace or females with gay fetish. Am I saying they shouldn't have their kink, nope. All I am asking, and read carefully here, is why are certain series with intense sexual themes animated while others are not? Oh and for the love of god, please try thinking before answering this time around.


You know, I was going to be -nice- to you, to make up for my initial screwup, but not anymore.

You're an asshole.
You also don't know much about anime.
And I wish you would stop posting :|
3330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Phoenix, Arizona
Offline
Posted 6/19/08

AngeryFruit wrote:


NewSoul wrote:

I don't see the resemblance between your title and post.


So you don't see that certain types of manga geared towards a certain audience are more favored to be turned into anime over other types?



So you are saying, more people are in favor of anime tv series rather than manga?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.