First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Open Endings ie. Relationships
700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/19/08
yugioh is a big example because of anzu and yugi are so careful around each other they can't say it. as for gx...well the main character is only in love with dueling...then theres harem animes like ninomiya kun............. this is pretty frustrating but id like to think everything works out.....
Posted 6/19/08 , edited 6/19/08

kokonryuu wrote:

yugioh is a big example because of anzu and yugi are so careful around each other they can't say it. as for gx...well the main character is only in love with dueling...then theres harem animes like ninomiya kun............. this is pretty frustrating but id like to think everything works out.....


when your talking about anime that was came from games. . .

there will be likely to have no romance, just the game is important to them. . .

and besides who do you think mostly watches that?
700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/22/08

YojimboMifune wrote:


kokonryuu wrote:

yugioh is a big example because of anzu and yugi are so careful around each other they can't say it. as for gx...well the main character is only in love with dueling...then theres harem animes like ninomiya kun............. this is pretty frustrating but id like to think everything works out.....


when your talking about anime that was came from games. . .

there will be likely to have no romance, just the game is important to them. . .

and besides who do you think mostly watches that?


well i guess u have a point but still if they include that into the story at least clear the loose ends.
plus dont you watch any romance genres that are are a bit like that........
Posted 6/22/08
wut i say is put the 2 together in the janitor's closest abd let the magic flow inside them.....if you want you can also install a video camera in there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA....A voyeur's delight
700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/22/08
oh and wat do you mean by that last question? game or no game there are good anime that came from games....da capo, ef a tale of memories, myself yourself and so on
Posted 6/22/08 , edited 6/22/08
I don't get your thread; Mind explaining it more clearly?

Edit: Btw, Da Capo, Ef, Myself; Yourself are indeed games but they are visual novels which is different from Yu-gi-oh. You probably know this anyway.
14835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/22/08
Open Ended Relationships that are not solved?
Posted 6/22/08 , edited 6/22/08

kokonryuu wrote:

yugioh is a big example because of anzu and yugi are so careful around each other they can't say it. as for gx...well the main character is only in love with dueling........


..............

YU GI OH!!!!!
700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/22/08

Alter-Divide wrote:

I don't get your thread; Mind explaining it more clearly?

Edit: Btw, Da Capo, Ef, Myself; Yourself are indeed games but they are visual novels which is different from Yu-gi-oh. You probably know this anyway.


yes i did...and on to the explanation. ninomiya kun seen it? the anime ends without the main character actually choosing a person...or rather the person he would get serious with. la corda d'oro is another example. kahoko doesnt choose from the boys even though it's a romance anime. technically manga version isnt over and some animes have manga counterparts that are either different endings or haven't ended but just talking about anime here. basically the inter personal relationship part of anime are not always clear in who chooses who or if that character ends up with that character kind of thing. in other words open and unresolved.
700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/22/08
also one other thing is im a freakin "pair" maniac not like that character from zetsubou sensei though...i like to avoid yaoi if possible....lol
Posted 6/22/08

kokonryuu wrote:


Alter-Divide wrote:

I don't get your thread; Mind explaining it more clearly?

Edit: Btw, Da Capo, Ef, Myself; Yourself are indeed games but they are visual novels which is different from Yu-gi-oh. You probably know this anyway.


yes i did...and on to the explanation. ninomiya kun seen it? the anime ends without the main character actually choosing a person...or rather the person he would get serious with. la corda d'oro is another example. kahoko doesnt choose from the boys even though it's a romance anime. technically manga version isnt over and some animes have manga counterparts that are either different endings or haven't ended but just talking about anime here. basically the inter personal relationship part of anime are not always clear in who chooses who or if that character ends up with that character kind of thing. in other words open and unresolved.


Now I get your point; Yes I've already watched Ninomiya-kun and indeed I wouldn't consider that an ending.
It happens to most animes and it pisses me off too.
Posted 6/22/08 , edited 6/22/08

Malignity wrote:


kokonryuu wrote:

yugioh is a big example because of anzu and yugi are so careful around each other they can't say it. as for gx...well the main character is only in love with dueling........


..............

YU GI OH!!!!!


Your fail is weak. This is an example of a true FAIL BARRAGE:
Posted 6/22/08

padjoy wrote:


Malignity wrote:


kokonryuu wrote:

yugioh is a big example because of anzu and yugi are so careful around each other they can't say it. as for gx...well the main character is only in love with dueling........


..............

YU GI OH!!!!!


Your fail is weak. This is an example of a true FAIL BARRAGE:


i admit the fail is strong with you

for the thread i really cant think of any

4286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Offline
Posted 6/22/08
Open endings are the way to go. Especially for shippers.
I guess regular endings are good for people who just like the canon couples all the time, but if you're a shipper, yeah, def. open endings.
221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/22/08

x-bellezza wrote:

Open endings are the way to go. Especially for shippers.
I guess regular endings are good for people who just like the canon couples all the time, but if you're a shipper, yeah, def. open endings.


This to an extreme. I so very dislike closed endings. Well, I'm just mildly annoyed by them if they turn out with my supported pairing, but still. 'Sides, that's only happened, like, twice for me. I tend to, well, downright hate the "obvious choice" pairings. And the "obvious choice" pairings are, nineteen times out of twenty, the ones that end up happening when the case is closed. Beyond that, and even when it's not the obvious choice in the end - even the pairing I like... I'd consider myself a very imaginative person, so it annoys me extremely when they don't let me exercise that.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.