First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Proof about gays
4559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 2/23/09

Meivu wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


kkpodesky wrote:

im just trying to figure out why the bible is being used as the major reference?
i understand why many people us it as a reference because religion is such a big part of most peoples lives but, there are many different view on how it can be interpreted.....
perhaps it would interest you to know that there are proven homosexual couple in 1,500 species of animals!
i think this is a natural form of population control!
im not saying homosexuality is ok or that its not ok im just saying that maybe there should be some other proof other then one source {the bible} to state your argument..



There is no other reason besides religious beliefs that can be used to prove that homosexuality is wrong. Even though most (if not all) people use their religious beliefs as a reason to not accept homosexuality, many of them also do things that their religion considers wrong (drugs, pre-marital sex, etc) but they ignore the parts of the texts that tell them not to do those things and single out homosexuality, because it is the only "sin" that doesn't benefit them in anyway (and because they think it's gross). It's pretty sad and frustrating, really.


I know, it is very annoying when Christians or even other types of religious people pick and choose what to pay attention to in their holy book. I mean, I'm not any religion but I would like people who say they're something to at least follow the rules for whatever they are. All or nothing, I say.

EDIT: By the way. I am bisexual and began feeling attraction for women around the same time I felt attraction to men. But even if it was a 'choice', it is ridiculous to try to change me, because bisexuality is a part of who I am.


-I'm a christian myself but I would say I disagree with a lot of what the other christians have to say. They think homosexuality is by choice but it's not. I've heard it might have to do with the genetic makeup. The reason why they're hating on it so much is because whenever the bible mentions something about them it's usually quite negative. The only story in the bible that I can think of that involves homosexuals is the one about Sodomy being blown to bits. The gay men in those cities were sex fiends and were in everyone other way just like straight hore and gigalos, they both abused sex and were nuked because of it.
-From what i learned having the tendcies aren't bad, it just depends on how far you get with it. Like premartal sex is considered bad for both straights and homosexuals in the christian tradition. The real spark of interest is in whether it should be fine for homosexuals to go through marriage processes according to christian law. The reason between the dispute here is because marriage is what spiritually binds a man and a woman according to the bible. The bible itself or even christian tradition has no word on it for people of the same sex, at least not so directly. And christians are people of justice, that is if there's a risk that might violate their doctrines they won't take it.
-My opinion? Currently I don't give too much of hoot for civil unions but marriage is something different. In legally you just get some financial benefits and change in surnames as far as I know. I think it's just about the same for civil unions as well.
106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Yukon Territory,...
Offline
Posted 2/28/09

crunchypibb wrote:


Meivu wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


kkpodesky wrote:

im just trying to figure out why the bible is being used as the major reference?
i understand why many people us it as a reference because religion is such a big part of most peoples lives but, there are many different view on how it can be interpreted.....
perhaps it would interest you to know that there are proven homosexual couple in 1,500 species of animals!
i think this is a natural form of population control!
im not saying homosexuality is ok or that its not ok im just saying that maybe there should be some other proof other then one source {the bible} to state your argument..



There is no other reason besides religious beliefs that can be used to prove that homosexuality is wrong. Even though most (if not all) people use their religious beliefs as a reason to not accept homosexuality, many of them also do things that their religion considers wrong (drugs, pre-marital sex, etc) but they ignore the parts of the texts that tell them not to do those things and single out homosexuality, because it is the only "sin" that doesn't benefit them in anyway (and because they think it's gross). It's pretty sad and frustrating, really.


I know, it is very annoying when Christians or even other types of religious people pick and choose what to pay attention to in their holy book. I mean, I'm not any religion but I would like people who say they're something to at least follow the rules for whatever they are. All or nothing, I say.

EDIT: By the way. I am bisexual and began feeling attraction for women around the same time I felt attraction to men. But even if it was a 'choice', it is ridiculous to try to change me, because bisexuality is a part of who I am.


-I'm a christian myself but I would say I disagree with a lot of what the other christians have to say. They think homosexuality is by choice but it's not. I've heard it might have to do with the genetic makeup. The reason why they're hating on it so much is because whenever the bible mentions something about them it's usually quite negative. The only story in the bible that I can think of that involves homosexuals is the one about Sodomy being blown to bits. The gay men in those cities were sex fiends and were in everyone other way just like straight hore and gigalos, they both abused sex and were nuked because of it.
-From what i learned having the tendcies aren't bad, it just depends on how far you get with it. Like premartal sex is considered bad for both straights and homosexuals in the christian tradition. The real spark of interest is in whether it should be fine for homosexuals to go through marriage processes according to christian law. The reason between the dispute here is because marriage is what spiritually binds a man and a woman according to the bible. The bible itself or even christian tradition has no word on it for people of the same sex, at least not so directly. And christians are people of justice, that is if there's a risk that might violate their doctrines they won't take it.
-My opinion? Currently I don't give too much of hoot for civil unions but marriage is something different. In legally you just get some financial benefits and change in surnames as far as I know. I think it's just about the same for civil unions as well.


I wouldn't care whether it was nature or nurture except that it's a giant part of homophobic attempts to silence us. "If you can't beat 'em, change 'em" is sentiment of every 'treatment' to change gay people I know of. I believe that if you try to change something about someone to make them more acceptable to you it is just as bad as other forms of persecution.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 2/28/09 , edited 2/28/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:

The Bible also suggests that it's ok for me to screw my mom and my sister. Do you think that makes it right?


Well you could if you want to, incest isn't wrong, but the magical all holy book the bible says men with long hair are a sin, also you can sell your daughter into slavery, beat bad kids with rocks, anyone who works on the sabath should get tortured/killed, the list goes on and on, the bible is full of crap, yes gays, can be born gay, some aren't, for some its not a choice, and no its not a sin.

The topic starter is just another christain idiot, who believes whatever he's told without question, doesn't use logic either. all signs of being religious and believing in some magical man who lives in the magical castle floating in the sky.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:

The Bible also suggests that it's ok for me to screw my mom and my sister. Do you think that makes it right?


Well you could if you want to, incest isn't wrong, but the magical all holy book the bible says men with long hair are a sin, also you can sell your daughter into slavery, beat bad kids with rocks, anyone who works on the sabath should get tortured/killed, the list goes on and on, the bible is full of crap, yes gays, can be born gay, some aren't, for some its not a choice, and no its not a sin.

The topic starter is just another christain idiot, who believes whatever he's told without question, doesn't use logic either. all signs of being religious and believing in some magical man who lives in the magical castle floating in the sky.


How come no one actually quotes scripture to prove what they say about the Bible? Incest is a sin . Lev 18:6 " 'No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord. Leviticus 18 is a chapter that mainly states sexually immoral sins. Here is a link to the chapter if you want to read it. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus%2018&version=31.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 2/28/09

digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:

The Bible also suggests that it's ok for me to screw my mom and my sister. Do you think that makes it right?


Well you could if you want to, incest isn't wrong, but the magical all holy book the bible says men with long hair are a sin, also you can sell your daughter into slavery, beat bad kids with rocks, anyone who works on the sabath should get tortured/killed, the list goes on and on, the bible is full of crap, yes gays, can be born gay, some aren't, for some its not a choice, and no its not a sin.

The topic starter is just another christain idiot, who believes whatever he's told without question, doesn't use logic either. all signs of being religious and believing in some magical man who lives in the magical castle floating in the sky.


How come no one actually quotes scripture to prove what they say about the Bible? Incest is a sin . Lev 18:6 " 'No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord. Leviticus 18 is a chapter that mainly states sexually immoral sins. Here is a link to the chapter if you want to read it. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus%2018&version=31.


Pshh, incest wouldn't bother me at all, i'm totaly fine sleeping with a female family member, so to me it's not.
4559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 2/28/09

Meivu wrote:


crunchypibb wrote:


Meivu wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


kkpodesky wrote:

im just trying to figure out why the bible is being used as the major reference?
i understand why many people us it as a reference because religion is such a big part of most peoples lives but, there are many different view on how it can be interpreted.....
perhaps it would interest you to know that there are proven homosexual couple in 1,500 species of animals!
i think this is a natural form of population control!
im not saying homosexuality is ok or that its not ok im just saying that maybe there should be some other proof other then one source {the bible} to state your argument..



There is no other reason besides religious beliefs that can be used to prove that homosexuality is wrong. Even though most (if not all) people use their religious beliefs as a reason to not accept homosexuality, many of them also do things that their religion considers wrong (drugs, pre-marital sex, etc) but they ignore the parts of the texts that tell them not to do those things and single out homosexuality, because it is the only "sin" that doesn't benefit them in anyway (and because they think it's gross). It's pretty sad and frustrating, really.


I know, it is very annoying when Christians or even other types of religious people pick and choose what to pay attention to in their holy book. I mean, I'm not any religion but I would like people who say they're something to at least follow the rules for whatever they are. All or nothing, I say.

EDIT: By the way. I am bisexual and began feeling attraction for women around the same time I felt attraction to men. But even if it was a 'choice', it is ridiculous to try to change me, because bisexuality is a part of who I am.


-I'm a christian myself but I would say I disagree with a lot of what the other christians have to say. They think homosexuality is by choice but it's not. I've heard it might have to do with the genetic makeup. The reason why they're hating on it so much is because whenever the bible mentions something about them it's usually quite negative. The only story in the bible that I can think of that involves homosexuals is the one about Sodomy being blown to bits. The gay men in those cities were sex fiends and were in everyone other way just like straight hore and gigalos, they both abused sex and were nuked because of it.
-From what i learned having the tendcies aren't bad, it just depends on how far you get with it. Like premartal sex is considered bad for both straights and homosexuals in the christian tradition. The real spark of interest is in whether it should be fine for homosexuals to go through marriage processes according to christian law. The reason between the dispute here is because marriage is what spiritually binds a man and a woman according to the bible. The bible itself or even christian tradition has no word on it for people of the same sex, at least not so directly. And christians are people of justice, that is if there's a risk that might violate their doctrines they won't take it.
-My opinion? Currently I don't give too much of hoot for civil unions but marriage is something different. In legally you just get some financial benefits and change in surnames as far as I know. I think it's just about the same for civil unions as well.


I wouldn't care whether it was nature or nurture except that it's a giant part of homophobic attempts to silence us. "If you can't beat 'em, change 'em" is sentiment of every 'treatment' to change gay people I know of. I believe that if you try to change something about someone to make them more acceptable to you it is just as bad as other forms of persecution.


Well, at least you've got my support
402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Gotham
Offline
Posted 3/1/09
It doesn't matter if gays are born that way or not. You want to oppress them and want to use your religion and as basis. Not everyone shares the same religion as you. So please don't use your religion as a basis of right and wrong.
4336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 3/1/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Escha wrote:

its true no one was born gay... i should know bcuz i have a gay friend who used to be a guy. im still trying to turn him back into a man...


you should take him in bed that'll bring him back


no thanks. hes not worth my dignity. joke.
Posted 3/2/09
Bla bla bla

Studies shows homosexuality is normal among animals all the way from birds to monkeys, so unless the animals should have been "pushed in the wrong direction", I think it's fait to assume they are born that way, just like humans are.
4951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / France
Offline
Posted 3/2/09
Yay So gay all the way
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 3/4/09
Well, what i want to know is if they're not born gay... how do the become gay-ified? :S

Surely they don't just wake up one morning, open the curtains and say "it's a lovely day. makes me want to screw my own gender. I know! I'll be gay!"

Even thought your vids apparently don't work, upbringing could trigger hormones to cause the brain to form slightly differently. Gay men apparently have similar brains to straight women... and vice versa for lesbians.
Although if you could have new links for this I'd like to see this "proof" for myself.
106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Yukon Territory,...
Offline
Posted 3/10/09

Sunnyxx wrote:

Well, what i want to know is if they're not born gay... how do the become gay-ified? :S

Surely they don't just wake up one morning, open the curtains and say "it's a lovely day. makes me want to screw my own gender. I know! I'll be gay!"


Obviously, it was the DEVIL!

[/sarcasm]
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
Here's a better question. Why the hell do people, namely the ones who call it a sin, seem to make it sound as if the existence of gay people will collectively put non-gays and gays into hell?
4951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / France
Offline
Posted 3/12/09

makix wrote:

Here's a better question. Why the hell do people, namely the ones who call it a sin, seem to make it sound as if the existence of gay people will collectively put non-gays and gays into hell?


There are no real saints. So do not think about hell nor heaven. Find peace and live as a happy person :)

Posted 3/12/09

makix wrote:

Here's a better question. Why the hell do people, namely the ones who call it a sin, seem to make it sound as if the existence of gay people will collectively put non-gays and gays into hell?


Maybe their religion is only a shade to cover the fact that they really don't like gay people.
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.