First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Proof about gays
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 6/20/08

digs wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


digs wrote:

It was God's plan to create Adam and Eve and have their descendants populate the world.


Why would he plan for them to do something that he would later condemn as a sin? Sounds like he likes to abuse his power.

I find it odd that people would think that they choose to be attracted to the same sex, despite the fact that many homosexuals face so many hardships and take many risks just for being themselves. It doesn't really make any sense for anyone to want to live that way. I'm sure there's some weirdos who probably enjoy that, but it wouldn't be such a large percentage of people.


It's not power abuse, it's called being wise and knowing what to do.

The homosexual population is quite small. It is a choice, so many women get hurt by men and become lesbians. And so many men leave their wives because they think they are gay now.


Making only 2 people to populate the planet when he could have easily made more to avoid incest sounds kind of dumb to me...

If it were really a choice, then why can't I force myself to be attracted to men? I've actually tried before, and it's not so easy, even after being rejected and hurt by so many girls I'm still very attracted to them.
Posted 6/20/08

Omok wrote:

Giving us religious prove doesn't prove anything -_-;

why don't you just throw a bible at people and say:

"Hey read it you sinner! 'cause you know, the bible tells us EVERYTHING!"

Honestly, all there is in the WHOLE bible about homosexuality is...

Leviticus 18:22
Leviticus 20:13
Romans 1:18~32
1 Corinthians 6:9~11
1 Timothy 1:9~11


I HONESTLY don't see ANY scientific FACTS about homosexuality in ANY of those. Please, -_-; giving us those videos, I don't think you're dumb enough to expect EVERYONE to watch ALL of those and listen to that guy TALK and TALK and TALK about things that doesn't make sense, all it EVER brings up is THINGS FROM THE BIBLE and guess what? in FIVE lines i told you about ALL the things that guy said in ALL of his videos. -_-;;;;;;;;;;


What I can tell you is that... As Christians, the Bible is real so it is proof. It may not be to everyone, but this is a discussion based from the Bible. Taking you literally, of course we won't throw Bible to people's faces.
Also, the Bible is more of a belief. It cannot be tested by science, so it is not a scientific fact. We cannot really combine Bible with science because they are two very different things.
1352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/08
Why do people insist on t`king the bible literally? If you think about it contextually, he bible was originally written, or in actuality passed by word of mouth, as a way of explaining the world before the marvels of modern science. It really should be used a s guide book how to live your life a s a good person, you know: loving thy neighbour, turning the other cheek and all that jazz. Just because he bible teaches something that may have been acceptable over 2000 years ago, it doesn't make i so know. If that were true it would still be okay for 13 year old girls to marry 30 year old men.
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41
Offline
Posted 6/23/08

digs wrote:

but technically it wasn't incest. The only people on earth were their relatives. You didn't have a choice. It isn't like they are choosing to sleep with a relative over someone that they aren't related too. You say that the Bible advocates having sex with relatives and your mother, but it clearly states that it is wrong
Lev 18:6 " 'No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord. 7 “ ‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.


so does that mean father can hump their daughters and sisters, since " god" only limited mothers?

571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 6/23/08
I had a problem with these videos for the following reasons:

. This video presupposes that everything in the bible is inherently correct. If you believe that, then I respect your opinion, but I do not. I believe that it is wrong and even potentially dangerous to accept anything without questioning it to a certain degree. The person in this video also says that since scientists believe that the earth is 4.5 billion years old instead of 6000, that humans evolved from monkeys, and that the universe was created by the big bang, and these all disagree with the bible, the bible must be right, when in fact there is substantial scientific evidence to support all of these, while I have never heard of any scientific evidence to support the bible’s viewpoint on those issues, but please correct me if I’m wrong. He then uses this “evidence” to argue that since science was “wrong” about those, they must be wrong about homosexuality being genetic. Quite frankly, this argument seems utterly nonsensical to me. He also says that there is no evidence in Scripture to support the gay gene theory. I’m not sure what that’s supposed to prove, because obviously, since it was millennia ago, people wouldn’t have sufficient scientific knowledge of equipment to come up with any proof for or against the gay gene theory. Additionally, I noticed that there were no quotes from Jesus that explicitly said that homosexuality is wrong.
2. The second thing I had a problem with was the style of argumentation that was used in this video. I thought that the person who made the video did a very poor job of proving his point. When he came across information and facts that disagreed with him, his argument seemed to be simply that it was ridiculous and couldn’t possibly be true. One example of this was when he said that because homosexuality was removed from the APA’s list of mental illnesses, it must have been due to the social pressure homosexuals were putting on the APA. He refused to acknowledge that there was any possibility that people were simply acknowledging the truth; he presupposed that he was correct. Another example is when he said that there is no scientific evidence to support that homosexuality is inherited. There are at least as many studies that disagree with him as there are studies that agree with him. He simply assumes that all of his studies are unbiased and completely correct, and that all other studies are biased, corrupt, and false. He also said “I refer to the Holy Bible for evidence; I don’t refer to scientific studies, which are inconclusive”. That’s fine if he wants to argue whether homosexuality is biblically correct, but it doesn’t prove that it is objectively incorrect. The bible is not objective proof. I also thought that it was very interesting that he said this, because he used several scientific studies that supported his point of view, and presupposed them to be completely accurate and correct.
3. I also had a problem with some of his arguments. For example, he said that if 1 monozygotic twin is gay, then there should be a 99 or 100% chance that the other one will be gay, and since there isn’t, homosexuality isn’t genetic. I think he has been misinformed. Twins are not genetically identical. Wikipedia says “The traits and physical appearances are not exactly the same; although they have nearly identical DNA.” I figured that Wikipedia should not be the primary source for my counterargument, so I found something similar on another website: “Most monozygotic twins are remarkably similar. However, there are some equally remarkable exceptions that show that monozygotic twins do not have to be ‘identical’”. Neither site, nor any other site that I could find, said that monozygotic twins are genetically identical, and in fact, I have only heard of one specific case of genetically identical twins. I’m sure there are a few more, but certainly not every case of monozygotic twins, or even close to that. He also repeatedly said that sexual orientation is a definite choice. I strongly disagree with this. You do not choose who you are attracted to, you simply choose whether or not to act on those feelings, and there is no reason why homosexuals shouldn’t. There was another quote that I found interesting: “Homosexuality is based on what a person believes in their heart and based on their thoughts, and they act out their thoughts”. The reason I found this so interesting is that it seems to me that this could also be said of religion, to some extent. Religion is based on what people think and believe, and they act it out by joining some sort of religion. He also said that people can change their sexual orientations. I have never met an “ex-gay”, so I will reserve judgment until I do, but that is at the very least unnatural, if not wrong. Even if it were possible, there is no good reason for it. There was another quote that I noticed: “Evidence has proven that homosexual men are 10 to 20 times more likely than heterosexual men to sexually molest a child”. I am disinclined to believe that, and I would love to know where he got those numbers from. He also kept hinting that acceptance of homosexuality foreshadowed the end of the world.
4. I also had a problem with his list of the 5 biggest “lies” that homosexuals claim. Four of these “lies” are actually true. The only one I agree with him on is the fifth one. Apparently the bible does condemn homosexuality.
5. One of the most amusing quotes I noticed: “As you can see, homosexuals have done an effective job of shifting public opinion in their favor, but what most people fail to realize is that this is a carefully devised propaganda conspiracy that has been in effect for several years”. Not only is this evidence of paranoia, it’s also completely ridiculous. This is not a conspiracy; this is people finally beginning to eliminate bigoted attitudes.
6. He compared acceptance of homosexuals to acceptance of Hitler’s Big Lie about the Jews. This comparison is not only entirely inaccurate, it’s also extremely offensive. He said that a Big Lie is characterized by:
1. A huge, colossal lie – not a believable lie.
2. Constant repetition to a mass audience.
3. Suppression of the truth through a climate of fear- as referred as fear-based propaganda.
If you ask me, this can be more readily applied to the church’s view on homosexuality.
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 6/23/08
attraction to a person is based on feelings, those feelings are given to us through chemical reactions within the brain. what triggers those reactions are based on genetics. on some level, everything that makes us what we are, physically and mentally, can be traced back to our genes.
2011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Inside your head...
Offline
Posted 6/27/08

FZTime wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


FZTime wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


FZTime wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:

The Bible also suggests that it's ok for me to screw my mom and my sister. Do you think that makes it right?


lol, u got a point.
there are a lot of cases of incest in the bible though I'm not sure I remember all. I think there was a story on Lot and his daughters among a few others.


well i dun think they said it was ok. read properly and u'll find that the bible said its not ok...and abt the story of Lot and his daughters....they learnt it from the sinful city they lived in....and it isnt written on whether God was angry with them or not....so....whats not stated doesnt mean its ok.


Onan and his brothers were struck by lightning (i'm not sure what the names are) but Lot's daughter seduced him instead to ensure she gets the 'seed' she rightfully deserved.Lot hypocritically wanted her executed until he realized that he was the one who impregnated her.


he unknowingly did it cause they got him drunk. anyways...incest and gays and whatever...is bad....

and btw...read carefully...and u'll find out that gays are a punishment from God...New testament...i think...maybe somewhere in Romans?


oh wait. my bad. lot was seduced by his daughters, but who was the other guy who slept with his daughter-in-law? he wasn't drunk and she was disguised as a prostitute.



yeah...ppls brains are messed up. why disguise as a prostitute... humans sin once again... ><

Just goes to prove that most great books still involve sex sex sex

Seriously though.
Posted 6/28/08
it's true that gays arent born that way. all are born straight.
but most of the time due to the environment they were brought up in, some turn to homo-ism.
we cant really blame them you knw..
sometimes, things like that are uncontrollable :/
FZTime 
12330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / We've been here s...
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

Darknile wrote:


FZTime wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


FZTime wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


FZTime wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:

The Bible also suggests that it's ok for me to screw my mom and my sister. Do you think that makes it right?


lol, u got a point.
there are a lot of cases of incest in the bible though I'm not sure I remember all. I think there was a story on Lot and his daughters among a few others.


well i dun think they said it was ok. read properly and u'll find that the bible said its not ok...and abt the story of Lot and his daughters....they learnt it from the sinful city they lived in....and it isnt written on whether God was angry with them or not....so....whats not stated doesnt mean its ok.


Onan and his brothers were struck by lightning (i'm not sure what the names are) but Lot's daughter seduced him instead to ensure she gets the 'seed' she rightfully deserved.Lot hypocritically wanted her executed until he realized that he was the one who impregnated her.


he unknowingly did it cause they got him drunk. anyways...incest and gays and whatever...is bad....

and btw...read carefully...and u'll find out that gays are a punishment from God...New testament...i think...maybe somewhere in Romans?


oh wait. my bad. lot was seduced by his daughters, but who was the other guy who slept with his daughter-in-law? he wasn't drunk and she was disguised as a prostitute.



yeah...ppls brains are messed up. why disguise as a prostitute... humans sin once again... ><

Just goes to prove that most great books still involve sex sex sex

Seriously though.


well... sex is part of life so great books have to teach people about it. =)
498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Not telling...But...
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

FZTime wrote:


Darknile wrote:


FZTime wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


FZTime wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


FZTime wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:

The Bible also suggests that it's ok for me to screw my mom and my sister. Do you think that makes it right?


lol, u got a point.
there are a lot of cases of incest in the bible though I'm not sure I remember all. I think there was a story on Lot and his daughters among a few others.


well i dun think they said it was ok. read properly and u'll find that the bible said its not ok...and abt the story of Lot and his daughters....they learnt it from the sinful city they lived in....and it isnt written on whether God was angry with them or not....so....whats not stated doesnt mean its ok.


Onan and his brothers were struck by lightning (i'm not sure what the names are) but Lot's daughter seduced him instead to ensure she gets the 'seed' she rightfully deserved.Lot hypocritically wanted her executed until he realized that he was the one who impregnated her.


he unknowingly did it cause they got him drunk. anyways...incest and gays and whatever...is bad....

and btw...read carefully...and u'll find out that gays are a punishment from God...New testament...i think...maybe somewhere in Romans?


oh wait. my bad. lot was seduced by his daughters, but who was the other guy who slept with his daughter-in-law? he wasn't drunk and she was disguised as a prostitute.



yeah...ppls brains are messed up. why disguise as a prostitute... humans sin once again... ><

Just goes to prove that most great books still involve sex sex sex

Seriously though.


well... sex is part of life so great books have to teach people about it. =)


Well you are borne from that process which is why it is necessary to teach people about it so mankind would not die out...
2546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

Ill provide some links that proves that gays arent born gay, that it is a major sin, and that its wrong.


There is where I stopped taking your post seriously.


Katorulez93 wrote:

these are great videos that have absolute proof


Had to point that bit out too.

On the topic of those vids. I watched a bit of the first one and, I dunno, I just can't get used to the idea of living not only my own life, but everyone else's life bound by a book written by some dudes a couple thousand years ago. I don't really want this to become another religious argument since I'm sure the Bible will be used again and we'll be back to square one.


Katorulez93 wrote:

correct you didnt say the bible is wrong i apologize for that, however saying its gross using it as a base is just as bad.


I might just be nit-picking now, but can you tell me what the difference between saying it's "gross" and saying something is "wrong" is? (Or a major sin, something along those lines)
It's great that you sound open-minded but...
555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

Ill provide some links that proves that gays arent born gay, that it is a major sin, and that its wrong.This is not a thread to make fun of gays but simply discuss the vidoes and your opinions about it. Since there are threads about gays being born that way or some other thing i thought it'd be nice to have a thread that covers all things about homosexuals. this is not a duplicate since ive searched. i only found threads that cover different thigns about them. so if this gets locked i dont have any idea why. rememerb this is not a thread to insult anyone. there are 7 parts. these videos covers everything about homosexuals. it has biblical proof that its a sin and has proof in other ways that it is. it covers everything. has clips and has chapters etc. these are great videos that have absolute proof

1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l8DfGXBEBs&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=0

2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNodcoIRIrM&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=1

3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNJjt56aCXc&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=2

4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1pssSLTc8&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=3

5- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vSHfz1tRZA&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=4

6- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIQ4ga9QNyA&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=5

7- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZh9XzOLu-8&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=6


What's a major sin is being an ignorant d-bag.

1213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/28/08 , edited 6/28/08
Am currently sending thread and writing letter to PM and am lobbying for homosexuality to be illegal, along with internet typing skills to be revised and illegal for anyone to tYp3 LyK3 tH1s.
14946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / UNITED KINGDOM!!....
Offline
Posted 6/28/08
gays arent born gays thats how just they really cope on whats surrounding them!!!...some maybe got gay because they dont want to be a male they feel more like a female...some maybe because they have lots of sisters and being the only boy around your being influenced to act like them too because all you see are all girls...!!
its how they react nobody is born bi or a homo....thats just really harsh!!because what if they dont want that???
Posted 6/28/08
*frowns* it's you again... when will you understand that no one is interested or appreciates your gay bashing >.<
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.