First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Proof about gays
571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/20/08

digs wrote:

Actually, by your second to last paragraph, I did live that way for several years. I was a deist, and then became agnostic. I thought and rationalized with the lies of satan, and I believed that sinning was ok, and that is was ok because my life wasn't perfect by my standards (I believe the common lie, if God truly loves me, He will make my life easy and according to my standards) I lived in sin, I did whatever I wanted to, and I couldn't care less what others did. This lead to destruction, depression, and a whole world of hurt that I didn't want to be in. Our sinful nature craves evil, the more we give it, the hungrier it gets. I had relationships with people that never made me happy, I lived in sin and it never satisfied. My inner needs were never met, yet I thought they were being met through sin. I was always empty, and this was depressing. We can get a short happiness or satisfaction from sin, but soon later we only want more, and sin eventually leads to death and problems we don't want to be in. You are right in that we are all different, but the truth is that there is only One Truth. There are not multiple truths that are right for each person. This Truth is God's Word, and the Truth is God. All the rest is lies. I could choose to base my life and judge others on lies, but it is much better and not destructive to live according to Truth.



Just out of curiosity, what made you stop? And why did you turn to Christianity?
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/20/08 , edited 10/20/08

madlibbs wrote:


digs wrote:

Actually, by your second to last paragraph, I did live that way for several years. I was a deist, and then became agnostic. I thought and rationalized with the lies of satan, and I believed that sinning was ok, and that is was ok because my life wasn't perfect by my standards (I believe the common lie, if God truly loves me, He will make my life easy and according to my standards) I lived in sin, I did whatever I wanted to, and I couldn't care less what others did. This lead to destruction, depression, and a whole world of hurt that I didn't want to be in. Our sinful nature craves evil, the more we give it, the hungrier it gets. I had relationships with people that never made me happy, I lived in sin and it never satisfied. My inner needs were never met, yet I thought they were being met through sin. I was always empty, and this was depressing. We can get a short happiness or satisfaction from sin, but soon later we only want more, and sin eventually leads to death and problems we don't want to be in. You are right in that we are all different, but the truth is that there is only One Truth. There are not multiple truths that are right for each person. This Truth is God's Word, and the Truth is God. All the rest is lies. I could choose to base my life and judge others on lies, but it is much better and not destructive to live according to Truth.



Just out of curiosity, what made you stop? And why did you turn to Christianity?


Well, sin is destructive, my world was collapsing and I was depressed. It made me curse God more, and so I sinned more. It left me miserable, and I had an awesome friend tell me the Truth about Christ and help me in becoming saved. I also knew that I needed forgiveness and to repent and stop my lifestyle. My life and heart were broken, and God helped me through it, and I can say it was the best decision of my life. The Holy Spirit also convicted me (as it does everyone else, it's up to us to listen)
8753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 10/20/08
i guess i'm just going to ask this question. i'm hoping to start a little debate. I'll try to keep this question as neutral in opinion since i don't want putting my opinion in to the question to affect the way you read the actual question. It's actually going to be a series of related questions.

i'll put out in the open that I have no problem with homosexuals. they don't bother me whatever.

Here are questions for those against homosexuals:

Why does it matter what people do in their personal lives? Why are you concerned with somebody elses life? Have homosexuals hurt you in some way? If so, how? Why do you want everyone to conform to your lifestyle?

Here are questions for those for homosexuals:

What good comes out of being homosexual? Why don't you have a problem with homosexuals? Did your parents raise you this way? Do you think homosexuals are born the way they are now?

That's all I can think of, but I want to see how other people answer these. I enjoy being able to see how people view different issues.
Posted 12/16/08
if god is really all the good it is, then it will except a person for who they are no matter what gender they are attracted to. I'm sure of it!
Posted 12/16/08 , edited 12/16/08
Another gay bash thread? My sister is a gay and I do not like people who hide behind the "magic" of the bible to provide themselves with the delusion of invulnerability in a debate. "God did it!", "Satan is the reason", and "God said it is wrong!". If god is going to keep me away from my sister in the afterlife, because of her lifestyle choice then F__K HIM! I would rather hang with Satan then this cruel "Spaghetti Monster" so many people blindly worship.
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/17/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

Ill provide some links that proves that gays arent born gay, that it is a major sin, and that its wrong.This is not a thread to make fun of gays but simply discuss the vidoes and your opinions about it. Since there are threads about gays being born that way or some other thing i thought it'd be nice to have a thread that covers all things about homosexuals. this is not a duplicate since ive searched. i only found threads that cover different thigns about them. so if this gets locked i dont have any idea why. rememerb this is not a thread to insult anyone. there are 7 parts. these videos covers everything about homosexuals. it has biblical proof that its a sin and has proof in other ways that it is. it covers everything. has clips and has chapters etc. these are great videos that have absolute proof

1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l8DfGXBEBs&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=0

2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNodcoIRIrM&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=1

3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNJjt56aCXc&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=2

4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1pssSLTc8&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=3

5- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vSHfz1tRZA&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=4

6- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIQ4ga9QNyA&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=5

7- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZh9XzOLu-8&feature=PlayList&p=ECF64DC4DB92F1BF&index=6


1. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lj2-_tFXXT4&feature=related
2. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iBaoLiZGNsI

I hope you learn something from this.
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/17/08

superninjaboy wrote:

Another gay bash thread? My sister is a gay and I do not like people who hide behind the "magic" of the bible to provide themselves with the delusion of invulnerability in a debate. "God did it!", "Satan is the reason", and "God said it is wrong!". If god is going to keep me away from my sister in the afterlife, because of her lifestyle choice then F__K HIM! I would rather hang with Satan then this cruel "Spaghetti Monster" so many people blindly worship.


There is nothing wrong with your sister, its a common gene sequence found in all animals.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lj2-_tFXXT4&feature=related
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/17/08 , edited 12/17/08

heyya15965 wrote:

i guess i'm just going to ask this question. i'm hoping to start a little debate. I'll try to keep this question as neutral in opinion since i don't want putting my opinion in to the question to affect the way you read the actual question. It's actually going to be a series of related questions.

i'll put out in the open that I have no problem with homosexuals. they don't bother me whatever.

Here are questions for those against homosexuals:

Why does it matter what people do in their personal lives? Why are you concerned with somebody elses life? Have homosexuals hurt you in some way? If so, how? Why do you want everyone to conform to your lifestyle?

Here are questions for those for homosexuals:

What good comes out of being homosexual? Why don't you have a problem with homosexuals? Did your parents raise you this way? Do you think homosexuals are born the way they are now?

That's all I can think of, but I want to see how other people answer these. I enjoy being able to see how people view different issues.


... look at my last two post. you learn more about it and what creates it.
Posted 12/17/08

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


superninjaboy wrote:

Another gay bash thread? My sister is a gay and I do not like people who hide behind the "magic" of the bible to provide themselves with the delusion of invulnerability in a debate. "God did it!", "Satan is the reason", and "God said it is wrong!". If god is going to keep me away from my sister in the afterlife, because of her lifestyle choice then F__K HIM! I would rather hang with Satan then this cruel "Spaghetti Monster" so many people blindly worship.


There is nothing wrong with your sister, its a common gene sequence found in all animals.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lj2-_tFXXT4&feature=related


Never said there was, I already know homosexuality is genetic, just pointing out some religious B.S. is all.

1178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 2/7/09

Katorulez93 wrote:


le1chi wrote:

Gross, using the bible as your base.

What a turn off So you think it's a sin

What's new. Shaving is sin, don't shave tonight.


how is it gross using the word of god as your base to prove being gay is sin? that gays arent born that way. you dont have to believe in the one who created you or the one who died for you on the cross, but that doesnt give you the right to say the bible is wrong. just simply be mature about other people's beliefs and say you dont believe in the bible.this thread is for mature answers and posts only. if you cant be mature about it then dont post.


You say this thread is for mature people only, then why did you even make this thread? Being mature is not making fun of or accusing someone of doing something that they can't help, but you're accusing gay people of sinning. They can't help it, and they don't want to stop it, so mind your own business and stay out of people's life.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/09
They can help it, homosexuality is based on emotional needs and perversion. I personally know someone who went from straight to gay and then back to straight (when He repented). No science bases homosexuality as genetic or absolute. People can change, and sexuality and fetishes are largely a learned behavior that can be trained and re-trained.
Posted 2/7/09 , edited 2/7/09
Great, thank you for making us Christians look even more crazy.

No, I do not believe that people were born or created gay, it doesn't make any sense. Being gay is a choice, it has nothing to do with genetics.
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 2/7/09
<i do NOT mean ANY offense to ANYONE whatsoever, i swear!>

the christians who over-do religion need to get over themselves and open their fucking minds! :vicx:
people who are gay are just like any other person
i dont know why your like that, its just being mean
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 2/7/09

Gaia93 wrote:

Great, thank you for making us Christians look even more crazy.

No, I do not believe that people were born or created gay, it doesn't make any sense. Being gay is a choice, it has nothing to do with genetics.


ya ur rite, it is a choice about being gay
and some people say that its genetic so they can use that as an exuse to ban gay marrige,
because they'll supposively be gay to, which is stupid because theres nothing wrong with that

i dont think christians are crazy, its just a stereotype, people who do are judgemental
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 2/7/09

digs wrote:

They can help it, homosexuality is based on emotional needs and perversion. I personally know someone who went from straight to gay and then back to straight (when He repented). No science bases homosexuality as genetic or absolute. People can change, and sexuality and fetishes are largely a learned behavior that can be trained and re-trained.


i hope he changed because he WANTED TO
not because you pressured him to
theres nothing wrong with being gay
just like theres nothing wrong with being black, (people who call people who arent black black and then they get insulted)
just using that as an example, see what i mean?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.