First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply How long does it take you to finish one episode?
Posted 6/20/08 , edited 6/20/08
Hi guys...I'm currently working on my manga...and it's taking me forever! I have 12 pages done but I'm no where near to completing the first "episode". It takes me roughly about an hour for each page (yea I know I'm pretty slow right?) so how long does it take you to finish an "episode"?? o.O
Member
1765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / ...in your manga!
Offline
Posted 6/20/08
Since my recent chapter was started at the middle of last month, I think mine will take up a month or two. But that's going to be 50 pages, so I guess the next chapters would take up one month since they're smaller if I don't take too much time.

I can finish a page in a half an hour if I just got the plan straight. Sometimes two to three pages on a day if I'm on a roll. Otherwise, I'd have other stuff to do.
Moderator
15623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 6/21/08
I take about 8 hours to finish an episode. You manga guys are unlucky.
Posted 6/23/08
lol..i guess so...i like drawing my manga..but it is very time consuming O.O
Creator
11391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 6/23/08
since mine isn't a manga, but just a written story without pictures. Mine takes me about 2 hours or more depending on circumstances.
Moderator
15623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 6/24/08

Ichigo-bankai wrote:

since mine isn't a manga, but just a written story without pictures. Mine takes me about 2 hours or more depending on circumstances.


Wow! You're fast!
Posted 6/24/08
lol...it sometimes takes me two hours just for one page of my manga...well...when i have a mental block....lol..o.O....oh and i checked...ive finished 24 pages so far in one week...and about maybe like 14 or more so to finish the ep....so it takes me around 11 days to finish an ep...and that's when i'm on a roll...;P
Creator
11391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 6/27/08

The_8th_Sin wrote:


Ichigo-bankai wrote:

since mine isn't a manga, but just a written story without pictures. Mine takes me about 2 hours or more depending on circumstances.


Wow! You're fast!


Yeah, but i think that wasnt completely accurate, anyways, you write more than i. i write like 4-5 pages doublespaced, u do like 4 undouble-spaced
Moderator
15623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 6/27/08

Ichigo-bankai wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


Ichigo-bankai wrote:

since mine isn't a manga, but just a written story without pictures. Mine takes me about 2 hours or more depending on circumstances.


Wow! You're fast!


Yeah, but i think that wasnt completely accurate, anyways, you write more than i. i write like 4-5 pages doublespaced, u do like 4 undouble-spaced


Oh yeah!

Not meaning to brag, but it's actually more like 7 undouble-spaced.
Rookie
913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Rochester, NY, USA
Offline
Posted 6/28/08
for me it depends on my mood, if im listening to music, if im "inspired"(hit with sudden idea)

it can take anywhere from 2 hours to 8hours for one episode. i think it may have to do with the amount of detail i tend to put in. then i revise it about 1-2 times until i feel satisfied.
Creator
11391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 6/30/08

The_8th_Sin wrote:


Ichigo-bankai wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


Ichigo-bankai wrote:

since mine isn't a manga, but just a written story without pictures. Mine takes me about 2 hours or more depending on circumstances.


Wow! You're fast!


Yeah, but i think that wasnt completely accurate, anyways, you write more than i. i write like 4-5 pages doublespaced, u do like 4 undouble-spaced


Oh yeah!

Not meaning to brag, but it's actually more like 7 undouble-spaced.


haha, o, my bad.
Moderator
73153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / in the land of tw...
Offline
Posted 7/10/08
How long does it take to finish one ep? That is a great question!
umm, lets see, translating one ep from Japanese to English takes me 5 days, than I have to edit and compare the translation to the original to see if the story is even and there r no variations in it. Than I type it up and then I finally post it.
The entire prosess takes me about a weekk, somethimes two.
For example I'm currently working on the next ep, which is a spetial edition, so I had to go back and redo the entire thing again. Its taking forever!
Member
1140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
takes me about an hour to make an episode...
around two hours to continue if i like it...
takes me forever if i don't. :))
Moderator
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/11/09
Uh well... When I did my first attempt at episode 1 for my story on here it took me about four hours to write it up and get all my ideas down... BUT... When I reviewed it and also had other people read it, It was apparent that my story was too short, too fast, and didn't explain all of the necessary details. So when I did episode 1 part 2, I dedicated a whole day to it. Started working on it about 11am and didn't really stop until around 6pm. So it all depends on how you want to write it out, and how fast you want the story to progress. That's my experience with it.
Moderator
15623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 1/11/09
This isn't exactly typical, but I've been working on episode 7 for--how long?--4 weeks or something?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.