First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Racial Comments of The Rich and Famous
9903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F / Somewhere on Ansalon
Offline
Posted 11/20/07
This whole racism in the media has just gone too far. They hype everything up just to get ratings and then they report what they want you to hear instead of the real nitty gritty and we as viewers or listeners should take more caution when doing so. I for one don't watch the news or read much news online (except for celeb tragedies, can't pass those up :oP) but I do know that Imas and Dog should never have gotten that much attention in the media. Think about it, if wasn't out there so much they wouldn't be getting reprimanded so heavily. Whew! I'm done, that made me tired.
2510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / right here
Offline
Posted 11/20/07
^yeh the media is dumb..hmm what did Don Imus do? He made some racist comments on the radio about black women? hmm I dont know. But on a different note, I think its sad when Blacks and Asians get scrutinized(sp?) as being too white. For example, the term "bananas," which refers to asians white on the inside yellow on the outside. I dont know what black people are called...anyway im gonna go google Don Imus.
Posted 11/20/07
^^^ Why do u think that?
1646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Columbus, OH
Offline
Posted 11/20/07
Never agree'd with what they did to Imus. Just an overhyped comment that people took too damn far, as Mushroomjay said, everyone's racist in some way.
Posted 11/20/07
Most people get that idea from what the see and hear inthe media though also. Even though people try to make it seem like Oprah has a lot of influence, Rappers seem to have more influence by degrading their own race. I know for a fact I'm not stupid. White people ask me all the time why am I so smart. It's really offensive once you think about it. It seems like everyone including us think the only thing we can do right is be good at sports. Like basketball and track. I play soccer but I'm not supposed to. But if u think... when Don Imus called those girls what he did.... Did you here those girls speak? They sounded educated and were well-rounded students and people. And he referred to themas "Nappy headed Hoes" Even though I still don't think he should be fired.
2510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / right here
Offline
Posted 11/20/07

Anseris wrote:

Never agree'd with what they did to Imus. Just an overhyped comment that people took too damn far, as Mushroomjay said, everyone's racist in some way.


Thats not mushroomjay and yes Oprah has a lot of power, if that women tells you to eat some grass, you better eat some grass!
1646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Columbus, OH
Offline
Posted 11/20/07

tonyyim wrote:


Anseris wrote:

Never agree'd with what they did to Imus. Just an overhyped comment that people took too damn far, as Mushroomjay said, everyone's racist in some way.


Thats not mushroomjay and yes Oprah has a lot of power, if that women tells you to eat some grass, you better eat some grass!

yeah it was, don't letthe similar avatars fool you

mushroomjay wrote:

Learn to deal with opinions.

Everyone is racist too.



Posted 11/20/07
Come on don't tell me the everyday movies, t.v. shows, and black music videos don't give you the idea that all black people fall under this stereotype. It's all you see!!! Sometimes I wonder myself, but when I look in the mirror and at my friends. I know it's not true. But not everyone has that person to look at and say it's not true. Maybe that's why Don Imus said what he said. All the rappers say it why can't he. Good question. I don't belive anyone should say it. Just like I don't think it's right for anyone even black to use the n-word. Not Dog either. It was wrong but he shouldn't be punished for it, my opinion.
6203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/07

lazypower wrote:

Has anyone notice there is no powerful african nations?


maybe because a majority of these nations are third world countries, rely on an unstable government and are segregated into several feuding tribes?


lazypower wrote:

or because they keep fighting each other, rather than doing something that might benefit their people. What's happening to black in america is in some part because of Africa



pretty hard to do something beneficial when the very people you're trying to change are the same people who are carrying weapons and pretty much control the power in these groups


lazypower wrote:

People assume black are stupid, ugly, etc which then is supported by the stuffs in africa, you know, pictures of kids, all skinny, dying,civil wars, not a single major african nations etc..


Holy shit you're an idiot to think that any racial remarks generalizing African Americans as stupid are in anyway related to modern Africa.

Back on topic, I think people are actually making much more of a big deal than what it actually is. As was said earlier in the thread, people are entitles to their own opinions even if it is racist. Its just words, how in anyway is it hurting anyone? Disregard those opinions if you don't like them

Should it be tolerated? Of course. Everyone is racist in their certain way and it is pretty much used in modern society for comedical value; its only harmless fun. It should be tolerated only to the certain extent that it turns into bigotry and prejudice where it starts to become a serious problem
Posted 11/20/07
^^^ In some ways they could be. I just hate it when I hear go back to Africa when My ancestors were brought over here. I can't go back to Africa, I don't no where I belong. Our language and culture was stripped from us a long time ago so we had to make our own culture. It seemed to be working at first but now it just gets us called the n-word and nappy-headed hoes.
Posted 11/20/07

notabigdeal wrote:


lazypower wrote:

Has anyone notice there is no powerful african nations?


maybe because a majority of these nations are third world countries, rely on an unstable government and are segregated into several feuding tribes?


lazypower wrote:

or because they keep fighting each other, rather than doing something that might benefit their people. What's happening to black in america is in some part because of Africa



pretty hard to do something beneficial when the very people you're trying to change are the same people who are carrying weapons and pretty much control the power in these groups


lazypower wrote:

People assume black are stupid, ugly, etc which then is supported by the stuffs in africa, you know, pictures of kids, all skinny, dying,civil wars, not a single major african nations etc..


Holy shit you're an idiot to think that any racial remarks generalizing African Americans as stupid are in anyway related to modern Africa.

Back on topic, I think people are actually making much more of a big deal than what it actually is. As was said earlier in the thread, people are entitles to their own opinions even if it is racist. Its just words, how in anyway is it hurting anyone?

Should it be tolerated? Of course. Everyone is racist in their certain way and it is pretty much used in modern society for comedical value; its only harmless fun. It should be tolerated only to the certain extent that it turns into bigotry and prejudice where it starts to become a serious problem



But sometimes words can hurt. But most of the time I think people like Jesse James and Al Sharpton are just looking for a reason to point out someone so they can get on t.v. I mean people will get over it but I sdon't think what he said should have been said publicly. Maybe because of the fact that the girls were not your stereotypical blacks (though they had tatoos) was why so much force was taken. Even though it was unnecessary force. But I also think it should only be tolerated to a certain extent.
1403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/20/07

lazypower wrote:

Has anyone notice there is no powerful african nations?


i'm sure most people have. but have you noticed that all those african nations with those resources would be very powerful if whites hadn't stolen them?

and did you notice that all the violence like genocide and crap wasn't present until white people influenced them?
makes you think huh?

and did you consider that the low test scores don't reflect the intelligence of all blacks? that those scores are also affected by the scores of black people living in the ghetto who probably have much scarier shit to worry about than school, and of course they're only there because of slavery.

your ignorant racist comments seemed to assume everyone is on a blank equal state in this world, when the whites are on top and their actions have affected people of other races, especially black people.

quit being an asshole and posting racist shit like that.

Posted 11/20/07

sky2high wrote:


lazypower wrote:

Has anyone notice there is no powerful african nations?


i'm sure most people have. but have you noticed that all those african nations with those resources would be very powerful if whites hadn't stolen them?

and did you notice that all the violence like genocide and crap wasn't present until white people influenced them?
makes you think huh?

and did you consider that the low test scores don't reflect the intelligence of all blacks? that those scores are also affected by the scores of black people living in the ghetto who probably have much scarier shit to worry about than school, and of course they're only there because of slavery.

your ignorant racist comments seemed to assume everyone is on a blank equal state in this world, when the whites are on top and their actions have affected people of other races, especially black people.

quit being an asshole and posting racist shit like that.



^^^Very good point. I don't think that fast sometimes, but it's a very good point.

1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/20/07
It isn't just words. Mindsets, vocalized or not, become actions. Thinking otherwise is naive at best.

And no, everyone isn't racist. I believe I've said this somewhere before, but let me spell it out for you. Everyone knows of racist stereotypes. Some believe them (But hey, if you say everyone's racist, you probably are too and wouldn't understand how someone could not be like you; I went through that stage too).

By the way, violence and genocide is a part of every people's history, black or white- though you're posting with good intentions, I suppose.

Edit: lazypower, you're coming off as a retarded bigot. Nice try though. I advise you to look up that shit you just cited in more detail.
48 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 11/20/07

lazypower wrote:


DKangN3 wrote:


Edit: lazypower, you're coming off as a retarded bigot. Nice try though. I advise you to look up that shit you just cited in more detail.
Why?

Because for all we know your making that crap up.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.