First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
annoying clichés in anime
714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / dreamisland
Offline
Posted 6/21/08

Daharkas wrote:

-Male characters that smoke, die.


this is so true:D
but there are soo many other cliches and sometimes just seeing one spoils my fun
other cliches: the megane character is either very shy and clam or an intelligent cold-blooded person hungering for money;
INDIRECT KISSES ;
panic about valentine's day and christmas;
childhood friends love/ a little sister type of girl loving a the main character/classmate love- important ppl are always in the same school and class(or one year higher)
2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South Yorks, UK
Offline
Posted 6/21/08 , edited 6/21/08

Daharkas wrote:


campfire wrote:


Daharkas wrote:

-Male characters that smoke, die.


hmm... i haven't noticed this one.


Spike Spiegel, Wolfwood, Asuma Sarutobi, Maes Hughes, November 11? any of these names ring a bell?




For my idea..

There are oft girls that cannot cook for the life of em..but they always try to make people eat it...at best the taste is ok but the presentation screwy, but..

2219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/21/08
piru piru piru piruri ruri ru
i get annoyed bi it in beating angel-dokuro-chan

there always has to be those annoying laugh bi girl...HAHAHAHA
(ouran highschool host club) gets on my nerves

in mermaid melody they always sing songs to beat the enemy!! annoying!!

in shounen ai the serious and cool guy has 2 do the action and has 2 be on top!! why????
2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South Yorks, UK
Offline
Posted 6/21/08
Can catchphrases really be classed as clichés..?

Especially since we're supposed to be talking about clichés that appear over several different animes, non?
Posted 6/21/08
why do anime characters always say that smething is so nostalgic... thats annoying
1065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/21/08
I just that of another one that's common in all sorts of animes. The little sister "that isn't actually your little sister".
362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 6/21/08

Spike Spiegel, Wolfwood, Asuma Sarutobi, Maes Hughes, November 11

1. Yeah, but well it's a ScFi-western, film noir mix and those need at last 1 smoker.
2. Never saw Trigun but description is similar to Cowboy Bepop.
Let's say it's accurate for that gerne..
3. Don't think that Kishimoto is gifted, it was just a rolled dice in his good wins 2-3 times good loses 1 time good wins 2-3 times etc.(Starting with Shippuuden: Garaa 2* Akatsuki
It could be any minor character. The development is just too predictable and 100% accurate.Just a wild guess:Announcing Year of Sasuke 2008---->Next Year Sasuke is death
This would also say Shikamaru gonna die before the series is finished..
4. Never seen FMA, but's 1 point for this cliche outside noir/western
5. Don't know that Anime/ can't even google it.

I gonna collect counterexamples but some of those series aren't finished yet.
2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South Yorks, UK
Offline
Posted 6/21/08

campfire wrote:

I just that of another one that's common in all sorts of animes. The little sister "that isn't actually your little sister".


Lets hear some examples...! I can only think of that girl on Love Hina.. Kakano? (it's been a while)
6363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 6/21/08
I know alot and some i actually love and dont mind, but what kinda irritates me is animes with Unrealistic Breasts Sizes
1065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/21/08 , edited 6/21/08

Etnaslave wrote:


campfire wrote:

I just that of another one that's common in all sorts of animes. The little sister "that isn't actually your little sister".


Lets hear some examples...! I can only think of that girl on Love Hina.. Kakano? (it's been a while)


There are TONS

Ichigo 100%
Chokotto Sister
Canvas 2: Rainbow Colored Sketch (his cousin always called him onii-chan)
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
_Summer
the list goes on...
2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South Yorks, UK
Offline
Posted 6/21/08

Strike wrote:


Spike Spiegel, Wolfwood, Asuma Sarutobi, Maes Hughes, November 11

1. Yeah, but well it's a ScFi-western, film noir mix and those need at last 1 smoker.
2. Never saw Trigun but description is similar to Cowboy Bepop.
Let's say it's accurate for that gerne..
3. Don't think that Kishimoto is gifted, it was just a rolled dice in his good wins 2-3 times good loses 1 time good wins 2-3 times etc.(Starting with Shippuuden: Garaa 2* Akatsuki
It could be any minor character. The development is just too predictable and 100% accurate.Just a wild guess:Announcing Year of Sasuke 2008---->Next Year Sasuke is death
This would also say Shikamaru gonna die before the series is finished..
4. Never seen FMA, but's 1 point for this cliche outside noir/western
5. Don't know that Anime/ can't even google it.

I gonna collect counterexamples but some of those series aren't finished yet.


That doesn't really diminish the fact that they're all smoking characters and ended up dying.. (especially since I'm guessing they don't all die of lung cancer)

2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South Yorks, UK
Offline
Posted 6/21/08

campfire wrote:


Etnaslave wrote:


campfire wrote:

I just that of another one that's common in all sorts of animes. The little sister "that isn't actually your little sister".


Lets hear some examples...! I can only think of that girl on Love Hina.. Kakano? (it's been a while)


There are TONS

Ichigo 100%
Chokotto Sister
Canvas 2: Rainbow Colored Sketch (his cousin always called him onii-chan)
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
_Summer
the list goes on...


heh, I'll have to take your word for it on all but Tsukihime

1065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/21/08
here's another:

Asatte no Houkou

...my memory is pretty bad
Posted 6/21/08
Girl is too naive to realize the guy loves her.
Girl and guy is too stupid to realize they're in love.
There's always someone cute.
Always a love triangle.
It's always hopeless for the non main character of the love triangle.
Guy saves girl.
Girl screams guy's name when in some deep shit. (especially action animes)
There's always some corny speech(es).
Girl cries because she's so touched.
Strangers hit on girl, girl goes, "OMG. No," guy comes in and saves her, girl starts to realize she likes him.
Everyone but the main couple sees how much they love each other and how their love can't be "broken".
Accidental almost kiss.
A goofy guy.
A bad boy.
Flashbacks.
A super nice, innocent girl that everyone adores. (I hate that type.)
Bad guy/girl turns into a nice, caring person because of how kind hearted the main character or the super nice, innocent girl is.
And so much more.
3970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/21/08
The badass character that will die, but usually after giving a speech to the main male character, who later becomes more confident in himself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.