First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
HWANG-JOONG couple (WGM) starring in one drama!
1801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / phil
Offline
Posted 6/22/08 , edited 6/22/08
SS501 leader Kim Hyun-joong is set to star as the F4 member Hanazawa Rui in the Korean version of the popular Japanese manga and drama Hana Yori Dango (aka Boys Over Flowers). The Korean version of the drama is scheduled to be broadcast on KBS 2TV in early 2009. The Korean name for Rui has not been set yet.

This will be the third time the Japanese manga will be turned into a drama series.

casting for the remaining 3 members of F4 have yet to be finalized. Singer Hwangbo will also star.

credits: popseoul.com

THE HwangJoong couple!!! haha hmm... i think hwang bo will be the other love interest of Rui in the korean version... remember in the japanese version.. there was this rich model studying in paris?? the one rui was waiting for?? i think that girl will be hwang bo! lol *crossfingers* haha what do you think guys??
818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 6/22/08
kim hyun joong.........really? like that was unexpected and i don't think he particularly looks the role
too cutish =T maybe he'll prove me wrong
but i was really expecting some big acting stars in this one since it's such a big drama
2301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Somewhere in Cali...
Offline
Posted 6/22/08 , edited 6/22/08
i think the hwangbo thing might me just a rumor....
it would be interested if she played the lead actor's older sister...isn't she supposed to be a tough lady? (dont remember)


anyways, if this is true, i hope she can act...

Hyun Joong might be able to pull it off because Rui is a quiet character and all he needs to have is screen presence so lets hope it goes well...yet again, this drama will be made by the same people who brought us Goong S *sigh*
1943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / U-nkown
Offline
Posted 6/22/08
I would love it if hwwanbo and hyung joong would starr in this.....
im really anticapating this version and in my opinion he would be a good hanazawa rui i wonder if he can be a better rui then the taiwan one cuz he was really cute
4800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Shun's room--feel...
Offline
Posted 6/22/08

xspiked wrote:

kim hyun joong.........really? like that was unexpected and i don't think he particularly looks the role
too cutish =T maybe he'll prove me wrong
but i was really expecting some big acting stars in this one since it's such a big drama


exactly my thoughts.
Hyun Joong is too....pretty. The Rui role doesn't really fit him in my opinion. Rui is a strong character. He needs to look cool even when he is hurt. Hyun Joongie looks so delicate and fragile. Or maybe it's just that both of us are Shun fans, and Shun totally OWNED the Hanazawa Rui role [=
818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 6/22/08

luv4dawave wrote:


xspiked wrote:

kim hyun joong.........really? like that was unexpected and i don't think he particularly looks the role
too cutish =T maybe he'll prove me wrong
but i was really expecting some big acting stars in this one since it's such a big drama


exactly my thoughts.
Hyun Joong is too....pretty. The Rui role doesn't really fit him in my opinion. Rui is a strong character. He needs to look cool even when he is hurt. Hyun Joongie looks so delicate and fragile. Or maybe it's just that both of us are Shun fans, and Shun totally OWNED the Hanazawa Rui role [=


haha yes shun was damn good
also there were a lot of those moments where rui had to look jaded yet composed...its hard to describe but somehow hyun joong doesn't seem to have that look (i watch him a bit in X-man, he's cute and all but a lil too sissy for rui?)
did u watch meteor garden? i think vic zhou did a good job acting as rui/lei even tho HYD was SOOOOOOOO much better than MG
1587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Paradise .. i think
Offline
Posted 6/22/08
wow...cool!!!!!!
i have high hopes...
13804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Japan/Korea..*sig...
Offline
Posted 6/22/08

reyanbustillo wrote:

SS501 leader Kim Hyun-joong is set to star as the F4 member Hanazawa Rui in the Korean version of the popular Japanese manga and drama Hana Yori Dango (aka Boys Over Flowers). The Korean version of the drama is scheduled to be broadcast on KBS 2TV in early 2009. The Korean name for Rui has not been set yet.

This will be the third time the Japanese manga will be turned into a drama series.

casting for the remaining 3 members of F4 have yet to be finalized. Singer Hwangbo will also star.

credits: popseoul.com

THE HwangJoong couple!!! haha hmm... i think hwang bo will be the other love interest of Rui in the korean version... remember in the japanese version.. there was this rich model studying in paris?? the one rui was waiting for?? i think that girl will be hwang bo! lol *crossfingers* haha what do you think guys??


YAY! Can't wait to watch this but ii don't think it'll be as good as the Japanese Version but that's just my opinion!!
103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 6/23/08
how is this not bigger news, i've been waiting for practically forever to find out who the casting is, but I found out accidentally while looking up ss501 on wikipedia... i thought this news would be HUGE
2710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
I doubt they would actually cast Hwang Bo as the lead girl though. Maybe she'll be like his sister or another character who's not a lead....

I'm glad that they're starring in a drama together but if they were cast as the lead girl and lead man, I doubt I would actually watch it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love them in WGM but it just won't be the same without all the fun and quirks! Am I right?
778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / New Jersey USA
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
Again casting that manga, is getting tiresome (just my opinion) but if is really is going to be film i hope Hwang Bo and Hyun-joong get to be a couple.
725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / in the clouds ***...
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
OWOWO!!!
15878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
really!!!
624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / IN A PLACE CALLED...
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
WOW that might be interesting to see......
82 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Plano
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
i'm looking forward to seeing this couple and seeing their acting abilities...
<3Hyun joong&Hwangbo couple on We Got Married!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.