First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
who owns a PS3 and is it better then xbox 360
5352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/23/08
get the ps3, providing your computer is capable of playing pc games well, since most 360 games are just fps and are on PC

the ps3 doesn't have a tons of games, who the hell really have the money and time to buy and play all those games? just get a couple a month and play them for a while. the ps3 double as a great media center as well and it's very capable of playing dvd and blu-ray as well. I really don't see how you can't lose from having tons of features.
7354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home
Offline
Posted 6/23/08
i have ps3 ......but i think i bought it just to say i have it...............its fun .........but i played 360 and thats also fun both of them are fun buuuuuuuuuuut the most fun ive had is with a wii it just keeps me entertained
2190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / PHILIPPINES!
Offline
Posted 6/24/08
ps3 and 360 are very similar in graphics gameplay features etc. what really matters is the game library.
Posted 6/24/08
Its your choice.....depending on your preference on games.

I have a 2 friends that have both the PS3 and the 360, one says the PS3 is better, and one says the 360 is better.

I liek shooters, so I liek the 360.
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Where Am I?!?
Offline
Posted 6/24/08
I dont think anyone said the 360 overheats easily
Posted 6/24/08

MyDigitalHeaven wrote:

PS3: High Specs but not enough games right now. Look at it this way, you got a supercharged gamesystem that for a game to use all the specs of the system, it would take millions of dollars in production and years to finish (its like game system from the future). One of the great games on PS3 (and totally worth it from what i have seen) is MGS4 (the graphics and gameplay are so amazing, that some fat kid is probably crying in his living room reading the manual and praising to the jesus of video gaming history). Although it is speculated a dimmer down version of it would be released on XBOX360 one day (which i hope), i kinda doubt it because having a 8 DVD disc collections set for the whole MGS4 is kinda excessive (alright alright i don't know how many DVD's it would take but it would definitely go over 4) and would probably create cost overruns.

XBOX360: Great games and right now has the strongest line up (Gears of War). They need to fix the issue of the "gremlins" (quoted from Yatzhee) because my xbox360 had a meltdown once =P (good thing i was pestered into a warrenty). Graphics are still pretty good but not as great as the PS3 (but good enough to make u smile). So look at it this way. Right now the PS3 is idle and games are trickling in, Wii is like the babies shithole where people like to stick wag their way to victory. So i would say XBOX360 is the strongest console on the market right now and terms in quality and price it pretty much stomps on all the competition.

Wii: Assume that playing tennis with a universal controller is better than playing real tennis (if you want to all aspects of Wii's motion sensitivty, there is a better console called "THE EARTH" ). And assuming that the only games out there that nintendo fanboys would die for (Zelda and Brawl). Its just another fricking nintendo remake where princess zelda needs to be rescued and nintendo characters (including those you never heard of) beat the crap out of each other all day (so don't expect the big changes in nintendo's "game" line up). The only game worth playing on the little white birdshit of nothingness is No More Heroes and that is about it. 1 game out of 100000 disney, nintendo, puppy dog crap games. Try playing "Far Cry" on the Wii and you'll cry and think this was made in the N64 era of games (because having people with polygon faces in this day and age is sorta like playing pong on a high performance PC, except replace the phrase "high performance PC" with "two rulers and a rubber ball" and you pretty much have the best analogy for the Wii).

Final Word: Your choice:

Your choice !! Why ? because your smart enough to not get a Wii. Sure the Wii is so user friendly that any child or old person could actually play it with the knowledge of moving his hand left and right (which is why it sells so well with 46% of sales in the beginning of the season went to people 40-80) and your girlfriend (if you have one) might actually take interest in it ( for 5 mins until she realizes that no matter what direction she swings the damn controller it always does the same actions for most crap games).



And the dumbass of the year award goes to...

PS3: The most powerful console, but not many aviliable games, in time they may come, but for now you can play MGS4, I think that one game justifies owning this console lol.

360: Not as powerful as PS3, and less reliable, but more games, it has the best selection right now for any kind of games, unless you like RTS's lol.

Wii: The weakest console, but still has a good game line up, not as good as the 360, but if you look past all the crap shovleware, you can find a pretty enjoyable experince.

Final Word : PERSONAL PREFERENCE. In the end, all the consoles got something to offer, and are all good for somethings, some people may not prefer to have something over something, but nothing is defiantly better, expect for the PC
Posted 6/24/08

Gt-racing wrote:

get the ps3, providing your computer is capable of playing pc games well, since most 360 games are just fps and are on PC

the ps3 doesn't have a tons of games, who the hell really have the money and time to buy and play all those games? just get a couple a month and play them for a while. the ps3 double as a great media center as well and it's very capable of playing dvd and blu-ray as well. I really don't see how you can't lose from having tons of features.


Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Conflict Darkness, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2, I could go on but I think you get the point

Don't spread wrong information. Also, the reason people want ton's of games, is so they can have variety, its like, if a person has a PS3, and DOESN'T like MGS4, do we just say screw him? No, he should have a choice.

To bad what I said makes no sense, who DOESN'T like MGS4 rofl.
5352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/24/08 , edited 6/24/08

dmitsuki wrote:


Gt-racing wrote:

get the ps3, providing your computer is capable of playing pc games well, since most 360 games are just fps and are on PC

the ps3 doesn't have a tons of games, who the hell really have the money and time to buy and play all those games? just get a couple a month and play them for a while. the ps3 double as a great media center as well and it's very capable of playing dvd and blu-ray as well. I really don't see how you can't lose from having tons of features.


Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Conflict Darkness, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2, I could go on but I think you get the point

Don't spread wrong information. Also, the reason people want ton's of games, is so they can have variety, its like, if a person has a PS3, and DOESN'T like MGS4, do we just say screw him? No, he should have a choice.

To bad what I said makes no sense, who DOESN'T like MGS4 rofl.



I see more variety on the ps3 than 360, I never mentioned mgs4 in my post, so where did that come from? I havn't even heard of half of the games you've mentioned too.

back to op, just get all consoles if you really need to waste money.
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/24/08
Okay, a better way of going about this is instead of asking which console is better, ask yourself: Which games do I want to play? And when you've accumulated a list of games, look at which console allows you to play more of those games. If the PS3 does, then go ahead and get it. If the 360 does, get it. Same goes for the Wii. What I'm trying to say is that, choosing consoles should be secondary and choosing games should be primary. Consoles are there to play your games, you don't play the console. There is no "better" console. If it has the games you want, then it's your console of choice.
Posted 6/24/08

Gt-racing wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Gt-racing wrote:

get the ps3, providing your computer is capable of playing pc games well, since most 360 games are just fps and are on PC

the ps3 doesn't have a tons of games, who the hell really have the money and time to buy and play all those games? just get a couple a month and play them for a while. the ps3 double as a great media center as well and it's very capable of playing dvd and blu-ray as well. I really don't see how you can't lose from having tons of features.


Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Conflict Darkness, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2, I could go on but I think you get the point

Don't spread wrong information. Also, the reason people want ton's of games, is so they can have variety, its like, if a person has a PS3, and DOESN'T like MGS4, do we just say screw him? No, he should have a choice.

To bad what I said makes no sense, who DOESN'T like MGS4 rofl.



I see more variety on the ps3 than 360, I never mentioned mgs4 in my post, so where did that come from? I havn't even heard of half of the games you've mentioned too.

back to op, just get all consoles if you really need to waste money.


Like I said, you don't even know half of the Xbox 360 games that exist, so how can you say it has more variety. The fact is right now the 360 has more shooters out, RPG's out, RTS out, Fighting games out, action games out, just about everything :/
Posted 6/24/08
I own a PS3. I have it for two reasons, mgs4 and ryu ga gotoku kenzan.
5352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/08

dmitsuki wrote:


Gt-racing wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Gt-racing wrote:

get the ps3, providing your computer is capable of playing pc games well, since most 360 games are just fps and are on PC

the ps3 doesn't have a tons of games, who the hell really have the money and time to buy and play all those games? just get a couple a month and play them for a while. the ps3 double as a great media center as well and it's very capable of playing dvd and blu-ray as well. I really don't see how you can't lose from having tons of features.


Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Conflict Darkness, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2, I could go on but I think you get the point

Don't spread wrong information. Also, the reason people want ton's of games, is so they can have variety, its like, if a person has a PS3, and DOESN'T like MGS4, do we just say screw him? No, he should have a choice.

To bad what I said makes no sense, who DOESN'T like MGS4 rofl.



I see more variety on the ps3 than 360, I never mentioned mgs4 in my post, so where did that come from? I havn't even heard of half of the games you've mentioned too.

back to op, just get all consoles if you really need to waste money.


Like I said, you don't even know half of the Xbox 360 games that exist, so how can you say it has more variety. The fact is right now the 360 has more shooters out, RPG's out, RTS out, Fighting games out, action games out, just about everything :/


everything including hardware failure.
Posted 6/25/08

Gt-racing wrote:



everything including hardware failure.


Wow, your obviously just a fanboy, go to youtube and put in yellow light of death or something.
5352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/08 , edited 6/25/08

dmitsuki wrote:


Gt-racing wrote:



everything including hardware failure.


Wow, your obviously just a fanboy, go to youtube and put in yellow light of death or something.


I was just being sarcastic, jeez, I have a 360 myself and enjoy it, I still preach the ps3's additional features over the 360.

the 360 havn't failed on me, fyi, so I'm just kidding.
1744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Lowell
Offline
Posted 6/25/08
they're both really fun
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.