First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
you are atoms
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

matter/energy is what makes up everything that physically exists.

when you see a bike, you actualy see a load of metal in a certain shape, its your own subjective perception that makes it a bike but really its a load of metal and that metal is objectively matter/energy in a certain formation.

humans, like everything else, are formations of matter/energy eg we are a bunch of cells, those cells are made of molecules, those molecules are made of atoms, those atoms are made of subatomic particles and those subatomic particles are matter/energy.

everything that has and ever will happen in existence will be matter/energy moving about.

any questions?
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/26/08
i think,therefore i am.- Descartes.
That's why I'm different from a bike.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

h4x0rz wrote:

i think,therefore i am.- Descartes.
That's why I'm different from a bike.


but conciousness is just a material phenomenon.
702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / u dont need to no :P
Offline
Posted 6/26/08
no duh... everythign is made out of atoms
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

edmondkwan333 wrote:

no duh... everythign is made out of atoms



atoms are made of matter/energy.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

simo2332 wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:

i think,therefore i am.- Descartes.
That's why I'm different from a bike.


but conciousness is just a material phenomenon.


I don't mind. I may be made up of atoms, but I'm not going to equate myself with inanimate objects. Human beings are superior to mud,rocks and water.
28337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Interweb
Offline
Posted 6/26/08
What is the thread about?
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

h4x0rz wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:

i think,therefore i am.- Descartes.
That's why I'm different from a bike.


but conciousness is just a material phenomenon.


I don't mind. I may be made up of atoms, but I'm not going to equate myself with inanimate objects. Human beings are superior to mud,rocks and water.


but superior is subjective lolz
i dont really like the consequences of science either, i just wanted to hear others opinions.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

kit7kat7 wrote:

What is the thread about?


read the first post.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / at the happiest p...
Offline
Posted 6/26/08
lol this subject of how humans are atoms is so creepy to me ^_^
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

simo2332 wrote:
but superior is subjective lolz
i dont really like the consequences of science either, i just wanted to hear others opinions.


Science isn't really my strong suit (I was a Commerce student).but I'll give it a shot.
We're all made up of atoms. But somehow, we're smart, rocks are dumb (excluding Paris Hilton,who's dumber than a rock), and animate objects are superior to inanimate objects.(Not that they care)
It's not the basic structure that counts, it's the sum of the parts.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

kikyo_135 wrote:

lol this subject of how humans are atoms is so creepy to me ^_^


creepys kwl... sometimes
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

h4x0rz wrote:


simo2332 wrote:
but superior is subjective lolz
i dont really like the consequences of science either, i just wanted to hear others opinions.


Science isn't really my strong suit (I was a Commerce student).but I'll give it a shot.
We're all made up of atoms. But somehow, we're smart, rocks are dumb (excluding Paris Hilton,who's dumber than a rock), and animate objects are superior to inanimate objects.(Not that they care)
It's not the basic structure that counts, it's the sum of the parts.


lolz
i would say this is also strongly linked with philosophy as well as science.
objects dont exist objectively, everything is just matter/energy, superior is just opinion too.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

simo2332 wrote:
lolz
i would say this is also strongly linked with philosophy as well as science.
objects dont exist objectively, everything is just matter/energy, superior is just opinion too.


Science bores the crap out of me. I'd say it's more of a philosophical question to keep the science geeks on this thread to a minimum.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

h4x0rz wrote:


simo2332 wrote:
lolz
i would say this is also strongly linked with philosophy as well as science.
objects dont exist objectively, everything is just matter/energy, superior is just opinion too.


Science bores the crap out of me. I'd say it's more of a philosophical question to keep the science geeks on this thread to a minimum.


lmao true

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.