First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
you are atoms
20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 6/26/08 , edited 6/26/08
As for 1 + 1 = 0

1 = a
1 = b
a = b
a^2 = ab
a^2 - b^2 = ab - b^2
(a + b)(a - b) = b(a - b) <-------The problem occurs here, division by zero. (a-b)
(a + b) = b
1 + 1 = 1
1 = 0; breaking numbering rules, all numbers = 0
x = 0; where x = any number(including 2)
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

simo2332 wrote:
you guys are lucky, i only get to pic lame subjects.
anti-establishment damn no fair


Commerce was a pain in the ass too, I'm glad I left accountancy and informatics behind.
In any case, you wouldn't want to pick any subject from the CBSE board. It's way harder than O-levels,A-levels,GCSEs or any other educational system in the world(not joking here :O search for Class 10 and 12 question papers on google).
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

excalion wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


matter/energy is what makes up everything that physically exists.

when you see a bike, you actualy see a load of metal in a certain shape, its your own subjective perception that makes it a bike but really its a load of metal and that metal is objectively matter/energy in a certain formation.

humans, like everything else, are formations of matter/energy eg we are a bunch of cells, those cells are made of molecules, those molecules are made of atoms, those atoms are made of subatomic particles and those subatomic particles are matter/energy.

everything that has and ever will happen in existence will be matter/energy moving about.

any questions?


The universe is one thing experiencing itself through a variety of different expressions and perspectives. That one thing is the fundamental building block of all things, and the variety of expressions are the different arrangements and sequences the fundamental material is arranged.

While it is a little disturbing, it is also quite interesting to understand that: If you were to be picked apart, one atom at a time by extremely fine tweezers, you'd end up with a pile of fine atomic dust. None of which were ever alive but all of which had once been you.



ive heard the idea before and found it very interesting but i dont believe it, i think all of this is random and pointless. i do see how it is possible tho.

16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

excalion wrote:

As for 1 + 1 = 0

1 = a
1 = b
a = b
a^2 = ab
a^2 - b^2 = ab - b^2
(a + b)(a - b) = b(a - b) <-------The problem occurs here, division by zero. (a-b)
(a + b) = b
1 + 1 = 1
1 = 0; breaking numbering rules, all numbers = 0
x = 0; where x = any number(including 2)


"You have one apple,I give you another. How many apples do you have now?"
Sorry,had to say it. Mathematics doesn't always work out practically.
147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / erm i dont really...
Offline
Posted 6/26/08
living things are just material phenomena, same with conciousness.
a neuron cell is not conscious, but if you have enough of them they will be, if you get me.
yes but if you can have a phenomenon of a group of them being concious why couldnt there be a phenomenon of 1 being consious?
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

silverdragon833 wrote:

living things are just material phenomena, same with conciousness.
a neuron cell is not conscious, but if you have enough of them they will be, if you get me.
yes but if you can have a phenomenon of a group of them being concious why couldnt there be a phenomenon of 1 being consious?


because with more of them it becomes more complex.

20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

h4x0rz wrote:


excalion wrote:

As for 1 + 1 = 0

1 = a
1 = b
a = b
a^2 = ab
a^2 - b^2 = ab - b^2
(a + b)(a - b) = b(a - b) <-------The problem occurs here, division by zero. (a-b)
(a + b) = b
1 + 1 = 1
1 = 0; breaking numbering rules, all numbers = 0
x = 0; where x = any number(including 2)


"You have one apple,I give you another. How many apples do you have now?"
Sorry,had to say it. Mathematics doesn't always work out practically.


I'll agree to that, but it works fine in this case. What I did above is called a mathematical fallacy. I divided by zero. It makes any equation possible, but it also makes that equation wrong. Which is why there is a rule in math stating you cannot divide by zero.

Now, a case where math really does fail:
1/3 = 0.333333333...
3 x 1/3 = 1
1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 0.9999999999...
1 =/= 0.999999999...

It's only off by a little bit, but it's still off.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

excalion wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


excalion wrote:

As for 1 + 1 = 0

1 = a
1 = b
a = b
a^2 = ab
a^2 - b^2 = ab - b^2
(a + b)(a - b) = b(a - b) <-------The problem occurs here, division by zero. (a-b)
(a + b) = b
1 + 1 = 1
1 = 0; breaking numbering rules, all numbers = 0
x = 0; where x = any number(including 2)


"You have one apple,I give you another. How many apples do you have now?"
Sorry,had to say it. Mathematics doesn't always work out practically.


I'll agree to that, but it works fine in this case. What I did above is called a mathematical fallacy. I divided by zero. It makes any equation possible, but it also makes that equation wrong. Which is why there is a rule in math stating you cannot divide by zero.

Now, a case where math really does fail:
1/3 = 0.333333333...
3 x 1/3 = 1
1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 0.9999999999...
1 =/= 0.999999999...

It's only off by a little bit, but it's still off.


lmao thats crazy
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

excalion wrote:

I'll agree to that, but it works fine in this case. What I did above is called a mathematical fallacy. I divided by zero. It makes any equation possible, but it also makes that equation wrong. Which is why there is a rule in math stating you cannot divide by zero.

Now, a case where math really does fail:
1/3 = 0.333333333...
3 x 1/3 = 1
1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 0.9999999999...
1 =/= 0.999999999...

It's only off by a little bit, but it's still off.


http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Divide_by_zero

True, division by zero has gained a fearsome reputation on the internet.
1490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

silverdragon833 wrote:

living things are just material phenomena, same with conciousness.
a neuron cell is not conscious, but if you have enough of them they will be, if you get me.
yes but if you can have a phenomenon of a group of them being concious why couldnt there be a phenomenon of 1 being consious?


Because you cannot store a program on 1 byte of data. Moreover, you can't just pour a billion neurons together and get "consciousness". What is required is an organized specialized lattice of interconnected neurons that serve as parallel processors in your brain. The effect is (as far as we know) accomplished over large periods through evolutionary changes in the structure of living organisms.
1500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 6/26/08
Whats dark matter??
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

h4x0rz wrote:


simo2332 wrote:
you guys are lucky, i only get to pic lame subjects.
anti-establishment damn no fair


Commerce was a pain in the ass too, I'm glad I left accountancy and informatics behind.
In any case, you wouldn't want to pick any subject from the CBSE board. It's way harder than O-levels,A-levels,GCSEs or any other educational system in the world(not joking here :O search for Class 10 and 12 question papers on google).


i just checked a couple out an it was really bad lolz i thought my tests were hard, i end up just drawing on them now
1490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/08

Zenchiji wrote:

Whats dark matter??


The 99% of the mass supposedly made up through unobserved particles such as extra neutrinos, supersymmetric particles, etc.
Posted 6/26/08
this is a very helpful thread for in case we want to transform into a bike...Transformers: People in Disguise
1500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 6/26/08 , edited 6/26/08
Ooo...i c ...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.