First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Discuss the story!!!
Creator
23394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / I'd rather not say!
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
I was thinking we should have a storytweaker(just made the word up ) in this story, that person will be responsible for the external events befalling the characters, for example if the storytweaker feels that a certain plot is moving too slow, he/she can add any type of drama to liven it up, similarly they can randomly choose which charcters will meet and so on and so forth.i thought it would be interesting..how about it?
14490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Fountain Park
Offline
Posted 7/31/08

syphl wrote:


Naruto_Genius wrote:


syphl wrote:


Naruto_Genius wrote:

I have an idea, do you think the story would make more sence if some people linked their stories with someone elses. You know, like some people use things that another person used in their story to make the everyones stories a little more connected together. Not only that, some people can eventually met in stories. Because how I read this story now, it seems like everyone is just writing for themselves. If we do something like this, the story will make a little more sence, at least to me it will. Please tell me what you guys think of my idea.


Elaborate please.....I want to help you out but i dont get what you mean...


I'm talking about that some people can met and stuff, and use different parts to connect the story more. For example, Some one in another story finds the wanted poster in my story and sets out to find me or something, or even just see it or something. That was just an example, but to me, its as if all the stories are in different worlds, doing something like that would help the story make more sence. You kinda understand what I'm talking about yet?


Yeah...Alot of the characters have met and others will meet soon... are you reading the rest of the stories already...??? Thats very important that you keep track of what the others are writing, if you want to interact with them eventually... ...you can introduce your charcter to the other characters anyway you like, you dont need to wait for someone else to do it!! see you soon


Okay so I can't say I'm totally up to date, but I think like five of you met at once and I'm seriously wondering if we shouldn't limit the amount of people that meet at one place... it was kinda funny, can't wait to see how you guys worked your way out of that complicated situation, lols
14490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Fountain Park
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
Oh and I love your idea syphl
Story Writer.
514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Basel, Switzerland
Offline
Posted 7/31/08

syphl wrote:

I was thinking we should have a storytweaker(just made the word up ) in this story, that person will be responsible for the external events befalling the characters, for example if the storytweaker feels that a certain plot is moving too slow, he/she can add any type of drama to liven it up, similarly they can randomly choose which charcters will meet and so on and so forth.i thought it would be interesting..how about it?


great idea!! I love it! so wee need somone to do this.... any suggestions?
282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Somewhere in this...
Offline
Posted 7/31/08 , edited 7/31/08
that sounds pretty interesting!
Story Writer.
10559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / PJAYA, Selangor D...
Offline
Posted 8/1/08
Erm, i still don't get it..
815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/1/08
A tweaker ayyyy!!! That sounds like fun lol... I think if you gona hav a tweaker you should like havit a moderator or promote that person to moderator just so they hav some sort of power to do things if you get what i mean....? I was thinking also with the tweaking that they'd most def hav to be up to date with everyone's story.... I'm thinkin of actually copying each persons story into different word documents and when they meet up with someone else i will add that person in- so i think that's what eventually gona hav to osrt of happen with the whole towns and settings as the story progresses Anyways just thinking but i do like the tweaking idea- you have me intregued ^_^
Story Writer.
514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Basel, Switzerland
Offline
Posted 8/1/08
ok I would propose syphl (was her idea after all and she is a member since almost the beginning)
or karlaf (she is a mod and spends a lot of time here)
both of them would fit very well for this job
it's up to you guys
815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/1/08
Yeah i have been a member since practically the beginning and i hav to say Syphl has been great the whole. She really got everyone up and going into the story and she's always playing a really good part at putting everything together so i vote Syphl. As for Karlaf we know she is also good at tweaking since she did it to the original prologue i wrote which made it all come together better But seeing Karlaf is already a mod i would have to put my votes behind her
The only thing i have concerns with would be can syphl be neutral? Coz when it comes to playing with everyones stories ppl might get a bit sensitive about someone changing what they had in mind or thinking that they did it for their own characters sake... But i mean i hav confidence in Syphl and as long as she is willing to work with everyone i'm sure everyone will be willing to work iwth her ^_^
Creator
23394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / I'd rather not say!
Offline
Posted 8/1/08
Wow thanks guys..and beaustiful I am humbled and glad to have to have your vote of confidence..*hug*..thanks.. , but you have a point, it'll hard being neutral, so how about this, everyone takes turn being the tweaker, but one cannot tweak his or her own story....hows that?
Story Writer.
10559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / PJAYA, Selangor D...
Offline
Posted 8/1/08 , edited 8/1/08

syphl wrote:

Wow thanks guys..and beaustiful I am humbled and glad to have to have your vote of confidence..*hug*..thanks.. , but you have a point, it'll hard being neutral, so how about this, everyone takes turn being the tweaker, but one cannot tweak his or her own story....hows that?


I'm okay with this What about the others? Come on, guys!! Voice out your opinion!!
14490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Fountain Park
Offline
Posted 8/1/08
It would be a good idea if we all took turns being a tweaker, but we can't all be moderators (or can we ) and you don't need to be a moderator to tweak a story because your not writing anyones story for them in the least, your just telling them what needs to happen in their story. However it happens is up to them and their ideas about it.... or well that's what I thought when I heard of this, if I'm wrong pls correct me... but if we open a forum where the tweaker just writes down whats happening to each character I think we should be fine

eg. Tweaker: aichmophobian will fall down a well and be rescued by syphl

just something basic like this that the writers will allow to unfold in all their creativity... that was my understanding...
Creator
23394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / I'd rather not say!
Offline
Posted 8/1/08

karlaf wrote:

It would be a good idea if we all took turns being a tweaker, but we can't all be moderators (or can we ) and you don't need to be a moderator to tweak a story because your not writing anyones story for them in the least, your just telling them what needs to happen in their story. However it happens is up to them and their ideas about it.... or well that's what I thought when I heard of this, if I'm wrong pls correct me... but if we open a forum where the tweaker just writes down whats happening to each character I think we should be fine

eg. Tweaker: aichmophobian will fall down a well and be rescued by syphl

just something basic like this that the writers will allow to unfold in all their creativity... that was my understanding...


Yeah this sounds perfect... simple and easy.....

815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/1/08
Yeah it sounds good. Should we start a new section thingo up where everyone can make the tweaking suggestions or do you recon if they wana tweak they just throw it in the story? I know sometime ppl aren't reading the other stories or other sections they are just writing their part and leaving... and yes occassionaly i do that
Story Writer.
10559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / PJAYA, Selangor D...
Offline
Posted 8/1/08

beaustiful wrote:

Yeah it sounds good. Should we start a new section thingo up where everyone can make the tweaking suggestions or do you recon if they wana tweak they just throw it in the story? I know sometime ppl aren't reading the other stories or other sections they are just writing their part and leaving... and yes occassionaly i do that


umm, i always read other people's story first to get up to date..that's why i'm slow in writing my own story..T-T..sorry beaustiful..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.