First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Is there any moral value in ATHEISM?????????
6067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/27/08
Atheism is the belief that there is no god or supreme intangible being controlling or guiding us all. Its moral context is different per person, or group. It's not official after all. Or so I heard.

It depends on the atheist. If he gave up believing in gods because of personal emotions, then I think that reason is not adequate to explain his beliefs. But there are atheists who give don't believe because they don't think there is any sense in believing in a god, or a supreme being that must be worshiped. There are some too that believe it is better to spend your time living your life for yourself and others rather than 'wasting' it for a god. Those people have morals in my opinion. -_-
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/27/08

OTAKUADDICT wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:

I know that every religion has morals but what about atheism


value is subjective
atheism is not a religion ( anti + theism = atheism)
atheism has no dogma

theism = the belief in god (note, theism is not a religion, its a belief)
agnosticism = not sure about the existence of god
atheism = no belief in god/s

this thread is dumb, educate yourself



I educated myself

and I learned many things than you
and PLEASE DON'T USE THRASH WORDS ON ME

that is how uneducated people are doing like you


thrash words?
wtf
and no you have not educated yourself, if you had, you would not of created a thread about your lack of knowledge on the subject.




what is your problem


I posted this thread because I am just asking IF there is no morals or there are MORALS in ATHEISM


I KNOW COMMUNISM IS ATHEISM AND HAS NO MORALS BECAUSE THEY TORTURE AND KILL RELIGIOUS AND POLITICAL ENEMIES OF THEM

you are the one that does not educate yourself because you are just 15 and didn't graduated yet

now READ MY THREAD10 TIMES BEFORE YOU POST


communism is not atheism (thats why they have diffrent names), communism does not include torture (thats corrupt sadistic goverments)

if you post any more sillyness, im not replying.



you're the one that quoted my thread first

so it's your FAULT

and read the history of SOVIET UNION AND COMMUNISM before you conclude that communism is not atheist




i know communism involves atheism, but they are not the same thing. just like how the soviet union should not be classed as the only example of communism. communism is actualy not that bad idea (minus the anti religion), read some of marx's stuff.

4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 6/27/08

WeeBoX wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:

I KNOW COMMUNISM IS ATHEISM AND HAS NO MORALS BECAUSE THEY TORTURE AND KILL RELIGIOUS AND POLITICAL ENEMIES OF THEM


How can you be so sure that communists have no morals? Morality is subjective and although these people admonish others aside from them, doesn't mean they lack the morals. Views on morality differ with every culture and religion. What they believe is true may not be agreeable to some.


then is it ok for them to kill people???and call it moral?????????

just a question
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 6/27/08

simo2332 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:

I know that every religion has morals but what about atheism


value is subjective
atheism is not a religion ( anti + theism = atheism)
atheism has no dogma

theism = the belief in god (note, theism is not a religion, its a belief)
agnosticism = not sure about the existence of god
atheism = no belief in god/s

this thread is dumb, educate yourself



I educated myself

and I learned many things than you
and PLEASE DON'T USE THRASH WORDS ON ME

that is how uneducated people are doing like you


thrash words?
wtf
and no you have not educated yourself, if you had, you would not of created a thread about your lack of knowledge on the subject.




what is your problem


I posted this thread because I am just asking IF there is no morals or there are MORALS in ATHEISM


I KNOW COMMUNISM IS ATHEISM AND HAS NO MORALS BECAUSE THEY TORTURE AND KILL RELIGIOUS AND POLITICAL ENEMIES OF THEM

you are the one that does not educate yourself because you are just 15 and didn't graduated yet

now READ MY THREAD10 TIMES BEFORE YOU POST


communism is not atheism (thats why they have diffrent names), communism does not include torture (thats corrupt sadistic goverments)

if you post any more sillyness, im not replying.



you're the one that quoted my thread first

so it's your FAULT

and read the history of SOVIET UNION AND COMMUNISM before you conclude that communism is not atheist




i know communism involves atheism, but they are not the same thing. just like how the soviet union should not be classed as the only example of communism. communism is actualy not that bad idea (minus the anti religion), read some of marx's stuff.



I read Marx's ideology since he is the founder of communism BUT WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT STALIN TRANSFORMED COMMUNISM INTO A BRUTAL FORM BY KILLING HIS ENEMIES EVEN SOME NAZIS THAT WERE TRANSPORTED TO SIBERIA AND CAUSING THE GREAT PURGE

5103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / it's all in your...
Offline
Posted 6/27/08 , edited 6/27/08

OTAKUADDICT wrote:


WeeBoX wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:

I KNOW COMMUNISM IS ATHEISM AND HAS NO MORALS BECAUSE THEY TORTURE AND KILL RELIGIOUS AND POLITICAL ENEMIES OF THEM


How can you be so sure that communists have no morals? Morality is subjective and although these people admonish others aside from them, doesn't mean they lack the morals. Views on morality differ with every culture and religion. What they believe is true may not be agreeable to some.


then is it ok for them to kill people???and call it moral?????????

just a question


I am not saying that the act of killing people is moral, nor did I mean to imply that in my post. I would just reiterate what I've said earlier: Morality is subjective.

Now if you are so convinced that atheist have no morals whatsoever, then why bother asking? User simo2332 had pointed out in the previous post that although communism involves atheism, the context and definition of both are different. Learn to distinguish one from the other will you?


OTAKUADDICT wrote:

I read Marx's ideology since he is the founder of communism BUT WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT STALIN TRANSFORMED COMMUNISM INTO A BRUTAL FORM BY KILLING HIS ENEMIES EVEN SOME NAZIS THAT WERE TRANSPORTED TO SIBERIA AND CAUSING THE GREAT PURGE


Also, you need not type in ALL CAPS to prove your point. That's just tad immature.
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 6/27/08

WeeBoX wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:


WeeBoX wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:

I KNOW COMMUNISM IS ATHEISM AND HAS NO MORALS BECAUSE THEY TORTURE AND KILL RELIGIOUS AND POLITICAL ENEMIES OF THEM


How can you be so sure that communists have no morals? Morality is subjective and although these people admonish others aside from them, doesn't mean they lack the morals. Views on morality differ with every culture and religion. What they believe is true may not be agreeable to some.


then is it ok for them to kill people???and call it moral?????????

just a question


I am not saying that the act of killing people is moral, nor did I mean to imply that in my post. I would just reiterate what I've said earlier: Morality is subjective.

Now if you are so convinced that atheist have no morals whatsoever, then why bother asking? User simo2332 had pointed out in the previous post that although communism involves atheism, the context and definition of both are different. Learn to distinguish one from the other will you?

Also, you need not type in ALL CAPS to prove your point. That's just tad immature.


you don't need to lecture me though


because I already experienced and read about this atheist stuff for many years

and also about that communism

there immorality has affected many events in the world for 10th century

like the rise of communistic terrorism

North Korea

and China's invasion of Tibet

and also the Anti-semitic feeling within communism

and if you have personal grudges against me

let's take it somewhere else

2847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F
Offline
Posted 6/27/08 , edited 6/27/08
COMMUNISM =Atheism? WTF


edit- because you are comparing COMMUNism to atheism.
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 6/27/08

namezox wrote:

OTAKUADDICT. please kill yourself.




who are you

I dunno you

how disrespectful of you

if you have personal grudges against me lats take it somewhere else
20879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Portland
Offline
Posted 6/28/08 , edited 6/28/08
Not all atheists are communists, and not all communists conduct such violent acts. What Stalin and the Nazis accomplished were immoral, yes, but those were extremities of communism. Communism started out as a good idea, they just took their ideals too far. Communists, people who believe in a free and equal society, are not inherently immoral. People with strong ambitions, ie. Stalin, are.
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

n_n303 wrote:

edit to above:
there is no way a 27 year old can be this idiotic. Seriously grow up.

Every human has morals, please take your stupidity and stick it somewhere else.


your stupidity is very arrogant too

i know every human has morals but some of their attitude is immoral

so please don't call me stupid because you don't know
a person who you are calling stupid

WE ARE ALL TRYING TO BE EQUAL HERE
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

ptownboi wrote:

Not all atheists are communists, and not all communists conduct such violent acts. What Stalin and the Nazis accomplished were immoral, yes, but those were extremities of communism. Communism started out as a good idea, they just took their ideals too far. Communists, people who believe in a free and equal society, are not inherently immoral. People with strong ambitions, ie. Stalin, are.


yup it is some of their leaders who are turning their ideology into a brutal form

4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

n_n303 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:


n_n303 wrote:

edit to above:
there is no way a 27 year old can be this idiotic. Seriously grow up.

Every human has morals, please take your stupidity and stick it somewhere else.


your stupidity is very arrogant too

i know every human has morals but some of their attitude is immoral

so please don't call me stupid because you don't know
a person who you are calling stupid

WE ARE ALL TRYING TO BE EQUAL HERE


If you just agreed to every human has morals, than why the hell are you saying that athiest people dont.
I ask you, does that make any sense?
I think religion people's attitude is immoral.



yes some religious people are immoral but I do not call the atheist as a whole are immoral

and about this topic

I just ask if there is a moral value in atheism like respect and help

until someone ruined this thread
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

n_n303 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:


n_n303 wrote:

edit to above:
there is no way a 27 year old can be this idiotic. Seriously grow up.

Every human has morals, please take your stupidity and stick it somewhere else.


your stupidity is very arrogant too

i know every human has morals but some of their attitude is immoral

so please don't call me stupid because you don't know
a person who you are calling stupid

WE ARE ALL TRYING TO BE EQUAL HERE


If you just agreed to every human has morals, than why the hell are you saying that athiest people dont.
I ask you, does that make any sense?
I think religion people's attitude is immoral.


your pm..




>>WE ARE ALL TRYING TO BE EQUAL HERE
>>
>>and now you are lecturing me
>>
>>I already experienced good and bad replies in every forum that i viewed
>>
>>but i think you are not respecting other people
>>
>>and calling me stupid
>>
>>and i have one word to call you
>>
>>you are IMMORAL


get this STRAIGHT. I respect A LOT of people on the forums and on CR. You're just not one of them. Just because I dont have any respect for you, doesnt make me immoral.



i think i can end this conflict between you and me by being EQUAL

look I am new in this website but I respect many people

the only thing that I hate is disrespect and locking some of my threads


and also I am just posting interesting threads so that people can share their opinions not disrespect

PEACE
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 6/28/08
and from now on I want to apologize for the words that I said against you and I just hate the part that you call me an idiot
Posted 6/28/08
I'm atheist.. I'm not a communist.. And I have morals.
HOWEVER I still think this thread is stupid and should be locked. -.-"
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.