First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Halal
724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 8/5/08

NiNaBoN wrote:
The reason why we don't eat pork is because you can get that type of disease when pork is not well cooked ..I forgot the name.And it isn't healthy


It's called trichinosis, and it is why pork should be cooked thoroughly, not forbidden entirely. It is really a simple procedure: cook it until it is no longer raw inside.



Also we kill animals that way to spare them pain but also because they have to lose a lot of blood because we don't eat meat full of blood it's because It can give you fatal diseases.


If the meat is cooked thoroughly, the blood is no longer fluid, and any pathogens in it are killed by the intense heat. If the meat is extremely fresh, and is slaughtered in such a way as to prevent coliform bacteria contamination (read: gut the animal properly. The intestines are filled with excrement, e-coli contamination results from someone accidentally nicking the intestine and causing shit to spill out on the meat.) then it is relatively safe. If the disease in question is mad cow disease, then no amount of draining will help you, the meat itself is loaded with neuro-toxic prions.
2652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/5/08

hyenas wrote:


NiNaBoN wrote:
The reason why we don't eat pork is because you can get that type of disease when pork is not well cooked ..I forgot the name.And it isn't healthy


It's called trichinosis, and it is why pork should be cooked thoroughly, not forbidden entirely. It is really a simple procedure: cook it until it is no longer raw inside.




What do you mean not forbidden entirely? I should know It is entirely forbidden not only that but our ''islamic'' ancestors where nomads so they couldn't raise pigs who require to settle down... Because of that if I do it pork I'll get extremely ill.
2652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/5/08

Evilxkeal wrote:

Halal food are sold in my school canteen because there are several malays and indians students and teacher . there are only 2 stalls out of 10 . Halal food are often brought into parties when the inviter invites some of his/her malay friends .
Malay people cannot eat non-halal food of some certain reason ..i haven asked my friend though ...


It's not because they are malay that they don't eat non-halal meat muslim people in general.

(I say general since some muslims don't care)
2652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/5/08

Aegis85 wrote:

damn, that looks disgusting! eewww~ do u really eat them like that? i'm imagining wild barbarian eating it grossly.

HALAL generally is the same with kosher food. no pigs and no alcohol.
but it's more than that. the food preparation also counts.

there are few halal food in japan. most of them are available in kobe. as for other part of japan, it seems like you have to be a vegetarian or you eat sushi.


I went to the mosque in Tokyo, because my dad wanted to see it (Was really surprise that they even had one and the chiekh had no accent when speaking Arabic) They showed us plenty of places that sell halal meat and/or halal food. Thanks god one of the guys there wanted to show us around, or else we could of gotten lost ( All the shops are in very narrow streets)
724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 8/5/08 , edited 8/5/08

NiNaBoN wrote:

What do you mean not forbidden entirely? I should know It is entirely forbidden not only that but our ''islamic'' ancestors where nomads so they couldn't raise pigs who require to settle down... Because of that if I do it pork I'll get extremely ill.


It is entirely forbidden for religious reasons, not logical ones. If the rules were based on logic, it would say "cook pork thoroughly, and make sure it is not raw inside, before eating it," in stead, Islam and Judaism forbid ALL pork, no matter how safe it is.

If you eat pork that is properly prepared, it will not make you "extremely ill." The eating habits of your nomadic ancestors have no bearing on this. There are people all over the world who have nomadic ancestors, and who can eat pork without becoming ill.
2652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/5/08

hyenas wrote:


NiNaBoN wrote:

What do you mean not forbidden entirely? I should know It is entirely forbidden not only that but our ''islamic'' ancestors where nomads so they couldn't raise pigs who require to settle down... Because of that if I do it pork I'll get extremely ill.


It is entirely forbidden for religious reasons, not logical ones. If the rules were based on logic, it would say "cook pork thoroughly, and make sure it is not raw inside, before eating it," in stead, Islam and Judaism forbid ALL pork, no matter how safe it is.

If you eat pork that is properly prepared, it will not make you "extremely ill." The eating habits of your nomadic ancestors have no bearing on this. There are people all over the world who have nomadic ancestors, and who can eat pork without becoming ill.


It is because my ancestors never ate PORK that I become really ill because I am not used to the meat.
724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 8/5/08

NiNaBoN wrote:


hyenas wrote:


NiNaBoN wrote:

What do you mean not forbidden entirely? I should know It is entirely forbidden not only that but our ''islamic'' ancestors where nomads so they couldn't raise pigs who require to settle down... Because of that if I do it pork I'll get extremely ill.


It is entirely forbidden for religious reasons, not logical ones. If the rules were based on logic, it would say "cook pork thoroughly, and make sure it is not raw inside, before eating it," in stead, Islam and Judaism forbid ALL pork, no matter how safe it is.

If you eat pork that is properly prepared, it will not make you "extremely ill." The eating habits of your nomadic ancestors have no bearing on this. There are people all over the world who have nomadic ancestors, and who can eat pork without becoming ill.


It is because my ancestors never ate PORK that I become really ill because I am not used to the meat.


How much can it matter what your ancestors ate? As I said, there are people whose ancestors didn't even know what pork was, who are capable of eating pork. Before Europeans introduced pigs to North America, the Indians had no concept of pork. And yet there are people who are descended from those Indians, who can eat pork. Now, if you personally have an allergy to pork, that's a different thing, but I really doubt that it's because of what your ancestors ate or didn't eat.
50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/5/08
Thanks to allah for guid us to the right way of eat food and live'sour life ..


al hamd to Allah..

note : - before kill the animal we should say .. Besme allah .. w allah Akbar .. ( Name of Allah and Allah is great ) after that we kill the animal with good knife start from neck ..and wait until all the blood from the animal come out ...

the research done the halal food .. and all of these research results ..recomend to eat the halal food coz it's more health and clean


thanks


633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New York, NYC
Offline
Posted 8/5/08
wikipedia is your friend
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 8/5/08
i found this is kinda interesting.


Why do most practising Christians eat pork even though, according to Bible, they shouldn't? I've heard some people say that it's forbidden according to Old Testament, which is for jews, and that they rely on New Testament. But the thing is New Testament says also not to eat pork.

In the book of Leviticus, chapter 11, v. 7, it is recorded that God declares the pig to be unclean for believers. Then, in verse 8, God says: “You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you”. This command is repeated in Deuteronomy 14:7-8. Then, in Isaiah 65:2-4, and 66:17, God issues a stern warning against those who eat pork.

Some people are aware of this prohibition from God, but they say that they can eat pork because St. Paul said that all food is clean in his letter to the Romans 14:20. St. Paul said this because he believed (as he wrote in his letter to the Ephesians 2:14-15) that Jesus had abolished the Law with all its commandments and regulations. He seems, however, to have misunderstood what he heard about Jesus. In the Gospel According to Matthew 5:17-20, Jesus is reported to have said quite the contrary, as follows: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law . . . ." Jesus then went on in that passage (in verse 19) to denounce anyone who would break the smallest commandment and teach others likewise. He also praised his true followers who will practice and teach even the smallest commandment. One of the commandment is to stay away from pork.

This is why the true followers of Jesus, holding on to his teachings, did not let unclean food such as pork enter their mouths, so that Peter, the chief disciple, can say, “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean” (Acts of the Apostles, ch. 10, v. 14)

Five chapters later in the Acts of the Apostles, 15:29, we find that the original disciples still differentiate between clean and unclean foods, and this time Paul is in agreement with them. Six chapters later, in ch. 21, v. 25, their decision to impose food regulations on believers is mentioned without regret, and this time Paul is challenged to prove that he is in agreement with them; and he demonstrated his full agreement with them.

so that means a true christians shouldn't eat pork either.

but it seems some christians said

After Jesus was resurrected, the Holy Spirit instructed Peter to allow all foods. Jesus wants everyone to come to him, no matter what their background, culture, diet, etc. He is the God for all people. According to the New Testament, spirituality is a matter of faith and of love, not what you eat.


doesn't that means

They are hypocrites and use any excuse to do what they want yet claim they follow that bible


other than that i found an interesting research.
http://www.giveshare.org/Health/porkeatdanger.html
21995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 8/5/08
There's a Halal food store in my neighborhood. They have the best Tabouli.
Halal is kind of the muslim equivolent of kosher
28241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
halal is basically like kosher... its not pork
3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

precious4u wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


precious4u wrote:

I'm Muslim. I eat Halal...


I'm Muslim too, and I only eat Halal.
If I go to the west, and can't find Halal and then I'll settle for Kosher.


Same

Let me join this club,i'm the same

3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 8/7/08
Well,Halal,Kosher are basicaly the same,but jews rules about food are much more strict than muslims rules!
So,we muslims are allowed to eat all kind of jews food(except for wine),in my hometown,Jews & muslims lived for centries,s a result,90%of Safi's culinary arts are originaly jewish!!
Halal is the food allowed by religion,for muslims,all the kind of food are halah except:Wine,porc,dead animals,animals with fangs(canines),strangled animals.......
the animals must be slayed(in Islam & Judaism),& once again i have to say that jewish way of slaying is much more strict (starting from choosing the right animal,the guy who's going to slay,the instruments,the way of slaying...),in order to keep the meat clean & healthy to eat!
If i was in a foreign country & don't know if my meat is halal,i eat fish or eggs
28856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Brooklyn, New York
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

marie_2902 wrote:


precious4u wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


precious4u wrote:

I'm Muslim. I eat Halal...


I'm Muslim too, and I only eat Halal.
If I go to the west, and can't find Halal and then I'll settle for Kosher.


Same

Let me join this club,i'm the same



Lol kool.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.