First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
knowledge is unknowable
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

ailina wrote:

along that line of thinking...
there is no true or false. .,
npl. truths (trūTHz, trūths).
1)Conformity to fact or actuality.
2)A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
3)Sincerity; integrity.
4)Fidelity to an original or standard.
5) a.Reality; actuality.
b.often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.
http://www.answers.com/topic/truth
look at definition 2. What we accept as truth is only that --what we accept. There is no truth outside of what we call true. it doesn't matter if it what we think is the truth really is or is not the "truth" all that matters is that we believe in it. That gives it its power.
Reality and facts are just truths that most of the world believes, The high number of people believing it makes us think that it must be reality. Reality, truth, everything is dependent on our belief that it is. Like if for some reason the entire human race stopped accepting mars as real, it would not matter if there really is a chunk of rock or whatever floating out in space. the fact would be, mars would not exist.
We can only observe a small part of reality, but that small part is the only reality because thats what we believe.
knowledge is actually belief. But everything is actually belief. There is no truth, so even though knowledge is unknowable, there is no knowing, just what we believe.
i dont think that made sense. but i tried. sorry lol


it did lolz and it seems your the only one on the thread that got what i was saying.
3481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / CALIFORNIA!!!!
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

simo2332 wrote:


ailina wrote:

along that line of thinking...
there is no true or false. .,
npl. truths (trūTHz, trūths).
1)Conformity to fact or actuality.
2)A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
3)Sincerity; integrity.
4)Fidelity to an original or standard.
5) a.Reality; actuality.
b.often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.
http://www.answers.com/topic/truth
look at definition 2. What we accept as truth is only that --what we accept. There is no truth outside of what we call true. it doesn't matter if it what we think is the truth really is or is not the "truth" all that matters is that we believe in it. That gives it its power.
Reality and facts are just truths that most of the world believes, The high number of people believing it makes us think that it must be reality. Reality, truth, everything is dependent on our belief that it is. Like if for some reason the entire human race stopped accepting mars as real, it would not matter if there really is a chunk of rock or whatever floating out in space. the fact would be, mars would not exist.
We can only observe a small part of reality, but that small part is the only reality because thats what we believe.
knowledge is actually belief. But everything is actually belief. There is no truth, so even though knowledge is unknowable, there is no knowing, just what we believe.
i dont think that made sense. but i tried. sorry lol


it did lolz and it seems your the only one on the thread that got what i was saying.


haha cool i feel special. my head also hurts, but it was worth it.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

ailina wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


ailina wrote:

along that line of thinking...
there is no true or false. .,
npl. truths (trūTHz, trūths).
1)Conformity to fact or actuality.
2)A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
3)Sincerity; integrity.
4)Fidelity to an original or standard.
5) a.Reality; actuality.
b.often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.
http://www.answers.com/topic/truth
look at definition 2. What we accept as truth is only that --what we accept. There is no truth outside of what we call true. it doesn't matter if it what we think is the truth really is or is not the "truth" all that matters is that we believe in it. That gives it its power.
Reality and facts are just truths that most of the world believes, The high number of people believing it makes us think that it must be reality. Reality, truth, everything is dependent on our belief that it is. Like if for some reason the entire human race stopped accepting mars as real, it would not matter if there really is a chunk of rock or whatever floating out in space. the fact would be, mars would not exist.
We can only observe a small part of reality, but that small part is the only reality because thats what we believe.
knowledge is actually belief. But everything is actually belief. There is no truth, so even though knowledge is unknowable, there is no knowing, just what we believe.
i dont think that made sense. but i tried. sorry lol


it did lolz and it seems your the only one on the thread that got what i was saying.


haha cool i feel special. my head also hurts, but it was worth it.


lolz mine too :] i think il take a rest

Posted 6/28/08

helena91 wrote:


simo2332 wrote:

im thinking of a animal with four legs, a tail and a extremly annoying bark, guess what it is.


you know what i could not care less what you think,
but it is very immature to make needless comments like that


Helena, the reason why he is accusing knowledge to be non-existent is b'cos he has none.

-- Instead of an intelligent conversation to pursue, you went on personally attacking her. So this is why you say that "knowledge is unknowable", because you have not yet experienced what real* knowledge is. What you are experiencing, my good man, is bullshit and that is why you do not have a clue on what knowledge truly is.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

xPandaLovex wrote:


helena91 wrote:


simo2332 wrote:

im thinking of a animal with four legs, a tail and a extremly annoying bark, guess what it is.


you know what i could not care less what you think,
but it is very immature to make needless comments like that


Helena, the reason why he is accusing knowledge to be non-existent is b'cos he has none.

-- Instead of an intelligent conversation to pursue, you went on personally attacking her. So this is why you say that "knowledge is unknowable", because you have not yet experienced what real* knowledge is. What you are experiencing, my good man, is bullshit and that is why you do not have a clue on what knowledge truly is.


the reason i insulted her is because shes being spitfull because i pissed her off on another thread.
dont you think your being a hypocrite insulting me? sticking up for your pal ^ ^
im sorry if you dont understand the original point but, hey, not my fault
why dont you try explain how it is BS and not just call it BS, thats if you can of course.

Posted 6/28/08

simo2332 wrote:


xPandaLovex wrote:


helena91 wrote:


simo2332 wrote:

im thinking of a animal with four legs, a tail and a extremly annoying bark, guess what it is.


you know what i could not care less what you think,
but it is very immature to make needless comments like that


Helena, the reason why he is accusing knowledge to be non-existent is b'cos he has none.

-- Instead of an intelligent conversation to pursue, you went on personally attacking her. So this is why you say that "knowledge is unknowable", because you have not yet experienced what real* knowledge is. What you are experiencing, my good man, is bullshit and that is why you do not have a clue on what knowledge truly is.


the reason i insulted her is because shes being spitfull because i pissed her off on another thread.
dont you think your being a hypocrite insulting me? sticking up for your pal ^ ^
im sorry if you dont understand the original point but, hey, not my fault
why dont you try explain how it is BS and not just call it BS, thats if you can of course.



I read your profile and it read that you're into "philosophy"?.. Please, homie. I believe Socrates had better grammar than you. Maybe that's why I'm attacking your little "theory" because I can't understand what the fuck it says! You're just making a topic, dude, not an essay of "What is Knowledge?". If you're going to speak your mind, speak it clearly.
How would you know what knowledge is, anyway? And another thing?.. You made this topic so you can see what others opinion will be, correct? Then let Helena speak HER opinion about what she believes. Don't be a fucking mormon who doorbells our houses every day trying to convert our religion; What I'm trying to say is that is her opinion and her beliefs -- If she doesn't agree with you then don't get so fucking butt hurt about it.
And another thing, I don't believe your essay is true due to the fact that I don't understand it; not bcos I don't have KNOWLEDGE but b'cos your grammar is poor.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

xPandaLovex wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


xPandaLovex wrote:


helena91 wrote:


simo2332 wrote:

im thinking of a animal with four legs, a tail and a extremly annoying bark, guess what it is.


you know what i could not care less what you think,
but it is very immature to make needless comments like that


Helena, the reason why he is accusing knowledge to be non-existent is b'cos he has none.

-- Instead of an intelligent conversation to pursue, you went on personally attacking her. So this is why you say that "knowledge is unknowable", because you have not yet experienced what real* knowledge is. What you are experiencing, my good man, is bullshit and that is why you do not have a clue on what knowledge truly is.


the reason i insulted her is because shes being spitfull because i pissed her off on another thread.
dont you think your being a hypocrite insulting me? sticking up for your pal ^ ^
im sorry if you dont understand the original point but, hey, not my fault
why dont you try explain how it is BS and not just call it BS, thats if you can of course.



I read your profile and it read that you're into "philosophy"?.. Please, homie. I believe Socrates had better grammar than you. Maybe that's why I'm attacking your little "theory" because I can't understand what the fuck it says! You're just making a topic, dude, not an essay of "What is Knowledge?". If you're going to speak your mind, speak it clearly.
How would you know what knowledge is, anyway? And another thing?.. You made this topic so you can see what others opinion will be, correct? Then let Helena speak HER opinion about what she believes. Don't be a fucking mormon who doorbells our houses every day trying to convert our religion; What I'm trying to say is that is her opinion and her beliefs -- If she doesn't agree with you then don't get so fucking butt hurt about it.
And another thing, I don't believe your essay is true due to the fact that I don't understand it; not bcos I don't have KNOWLEDGE but b'cos your grammar is poor.



lmao
im dyslexic, and what? no one else had a problem understanding it. i think your just making up excuses because you cant argue your point.
im not talking about what knowledge is, i was saying that knowledge is unknowable. it was not a essay it was simply a point i wanted to discuss.
i did let helena speak, i also wanted her to read the op again because it contradicts her point i did not insult her because of her opinion, i insulted her because she got my thread moved.
you seem to be really butt hurt over nothing, why? because your a moron =D
if you dont argue my point in your next post then i will deem it as usless and not reply.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08
If knowledge is unknowable, then how do you posses the knowledge that knowledge is unknowable? It's a paradox ^_^ Things can be proven and tested, for instance. You exist, you know you exist, you have the knowledge that you exist.
Posted 6/28/08

simo2332 wrote:


xPandaLovex wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


xPandaLovex wrote:


helena91 wrote:


simo2332 wrote:

im thinking of a animal with four legs, a tail and a extremly annoying bark, guess what it is.


you know what i could not care less what you think,
but it is very immature to make needless comments like that


Helena, the reason why he is accusing knowledge to be non-existent is b'cos he has none.

-- Instead of an intelligent conversation to pursue, you went on personally attacking her. So this is why you say that "knowledge is unknowable", because you have not yet experienced what real* knowledge is. What you are experiencing, my good man, is bullshit and that is why you do not have a clue on what knowledge truly is.


the reason i insulted her is because shes being spitfull because i pissed her off on another thread.
dont you think your being a hypocrite insulting me? sticking up for your pal ^ ^
im sorry if you dont understand the original point but, hey, not my fault
why dont you try explain how it is BS and not just call it BS, thats if you can of course.



I read your profile and it read that you're into "philosophy"?.. Please, homie. I believe Socrates had better grammar than you. Maybe that's why I'm attacking your little "theory" because I can't understand what the fuck it says! You're just making a topic, dude, not an essay of "What is Knowledge?". If you're going to speak your mind, speak it clearly.
How would you know what knowledge is, anyway? And another thing?.. You made this topic so you can see what others opinion will be, correct? Then let Helena speak HER opinion about what she believes. Don't be a fucking mormon who doorbells our houses every day trying to convert our religion; What I'm trying to say is that is her opinion and her beliefs -- If she doesn't agree with you then don't get so fucking butt hurt about it.
And another thing, I don't believe your essay is true due to the fact that I don't understand it; not bcos I don't have KNOWLEDGE but b'cos your grammar is poor.



lmao
im dyslexic, and what? no one else had a problem understanding it. i think your just making up excuses because you cant argue your point.
im not talking about what knowledge is, i was saying that knowledge is unknowable. it was not a essay it was simply a point i wanted to discuss.
i did let helena speak, i also wanted her to read the op again because it contradicts her point i did not insult her because of her opinion, i insulted her because she got my thread moved.
you seem to be really butt hurt over nothing, why? because your a moron =D
if you dont argue my point in your next post then i will deem it as usless and not reply.


I'm sorry, but no where did I say that you are dyslexic. And I read your post a million times and well, I still don't understand it. Maybe you should get into DEPTH with it.
And you see?.. You insulted her not b'cos of your topic but bcos your thread was moved. Who's the moron now?.. Still you. Hahaha, butt hurt? I am not butt hurt, I'm actually laughing my fucking ass of right now due to your knowledge -- which is non-existant --
LMFAO @ last sentence -- You were the one that started the useless replies. When you couldn't hold up yourself against Helena, you just ended up calling her a dog. Amazing at how that relates to the topic, huh?
Also, maybe you should think about something else knowledgeable to say instead of using MY statements and turning it around to me. Pathetic much?..
Posted 6/28/08
okay. that was something damn deep -.-
but i think i understand it (:
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

digs wrote:

If knowledge is unknowable, then how do you posses the knowledge that knowledge is unknowable? It's a paradox ^_^ Things can be proven and tested, for instance. You exist, you know you exist, you have the knowledge that you exist.


i can never know anything tho, i can just believe it to be true. and ye its very paradoxical, but that just makes it more interesting lolz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistemology#Acquiring_knowledge

^^ this explains it alot better then me
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08
Isn't belief knowledge? And knowledge the belief of something? I think what you are saying is that we cannot prove anything at all and that we cannot know if anything is real. We are in a physical universe, we can touch, see, hear, smell, taste, and perceive things and form opinions. I think you may be over analyzing things with conspiracy theories. I exist, you exist, the fact that you have the knowledge to type what you did proves that knowledge is real and evident.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08 , edited 6/29/08

digs wrote:

Isn't belief knowledge? And knowledge the belief of something? I think what you are saying is that we cannot prove anything at all and that we cannot know if anything is real. We are in a physical universe, we can touch, see, hear, smell, taste, and perceive things and form opinions. I think you may be over analyzing things with conspiracy theories. I exist, you exist, the fact that you have the knowledge to type what you did proves that knowledge is real and evident.


belief is not knowledge, in order for a belief to be knowledge we must no it is true and there is no way of knowing if anything is true.
you dont know if your sensory organs are lieing, you dont even know if they really exist. a conspiracy is when some group is ploting something, usualy against you. i cant see how the op has anything to do with a conspiracy.
"I exist, you exist" how do you know?.


SimplyBill wrote:


For myself, I like a universe that includes much that is unknown and, at the same time, much that is knowable. A universe in which everything is known would be static and dull, as boring as the heaven of some weak-minded theologians. A universe that is unknowable is no fit place for a thinking being. The ideal universe for us is one very much like the universe we inhabit. And I would guess that this is not really much of a coincidence.

By Carl Sagan, "Can We Know The Universe?" in the Sacred Beetle


that was kwl, but how do you know the universe exists?
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

SimplyBill wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


SimplyBill wrote:


For myself, I like a universe that includes much that is unknown and, at the same time, much that is knowable. A universe in which everything is known would be static and dull, as boring as the heaven of some weak-minded theologians. A universe that is unknowable is no fit place for a thinking being. The ideal universe for us is one very much like the universe we inhabit. And I would guess that this is not really much of a coincidence.

By Carl Sagan, "Can We Know The Universe?" in the Sacred Beetle


that was kwl, but how do you know the universe exists?


Because imagination exist.

Cogito ergo sum <---- I may end up pretentious here.


lolz descartes only stated he exists, not what he was.
and still, the universe might not exist.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.