First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Our generation and lack of compassion/empathy
1213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/30/08

helena91 wrote:

let me guess your basing this on the Internet, people dont give a damn about anyone on the internet, as its so common, but when it comes to real life situations when this occurs of course there is empathy and sympathy


Actually not really, it's been plaguing for a while. I'd walk past passed out people on a Friday night and their friends are too busy laughing then helping. I work with young people when they talk about their issues and told me that they have told their friends that all their friends did was ridicule them. It upsets me that noone cares.
Posted 6/30/08

piratecake wrote:


helena91 wrote:

let me guess your basing this on the Internet, people dont give a damn about anyone on the internet, as its so common, but when it comes to real life situations when this occurs of course there is empathy and sympathy


Actually not really, it's been plaguing for a while. I'd walk past passed out people on a Friday night and their friends are too busy laughing then helping. I work with young people when they talk about their issues and told me that they have told their friends that all their friends did was ridicule them. It upsets me that noone cares.


ROFL how do you consider those losers friends?
Posted 6/30/08

piratecake wrote:


helena91 wrote:

let me guess your basing this on the Internet, people dont give a damn about anyone on the internet, as its so common, but when it comes to real life situations when this occurs of course there is empathy and sympathy


Actually not really, it's been plaguing for a while. I'd walk past passed out people on a Friday night and their friends are too busy laughing then helping. I work with young people when they talk about their issues and told me that they have told their friends that all their friends did was ridicule them. It upsets me that noone cares.


hmm that's weird, me and my mates are close, but then again it depends on your social network, peer pressure and more then anything parenting.
Posted 6/30/08

piratecake wrote:


helena91 wrote:

let me guess your basing this on the Internet, people dont give a damn about anyone on the internet, as its so common, but when it comes to real life situations when this occurs of course there is empathy and sympathy


Actually not really, it's been plaguing for a while. I'd walk past passed out people on a Friday night and their friends are too busy laughing then helping. I work with young people when they talk about their issues and told me that they have told their friends that all their friends did was ridicule them. It upsets me that noone cares.

wouldn't you laff if a buddy had gotten drunk and was lying and drolling on the floor? i would have taken a picture...>_>
Posted 6/30/08

piratecake wrote:

Lately I've started to realise that this generation is fucked up. There is a huge lack of compassion and empathy and in turn that upsets me sooo much. We have a thread about a girl who has happened to listen to "emo" music and committed suicide and the general response is ... "she deserved it", "anyone who is that stupid is better off dead".

Now what if that was your sister, or brother... is that feeling still shared?

Or am I talking to deadshits with maggots for brains?

Please explain lack of compassion and empathy in our generation






Lately I've started to realise that this generation is fucked up. There is a huge lack of compassion and empathy and in turn that upsets me sooo much.


I think that it's your BRAIN that's truly "fucked up". Why the fuck are you talking as if lack of compassion and empathy is a bad thing? Will feeling sorry about a bitch committing suicide do anything for her? Will it change what happened? Don't think so. Fix up your brain, instead of criticizing others. Nothing you say have any purpose or logic. Get the fuck out.
Posted 6/30/08

CounterCIockwise wrote:


piratecake wrote:

Lately I've started to realise that this generation is fucked up. There is a huge lack of compassion and empathy and in turn that upsets me sooo much. We have a thread about a girl who has happened to listen to "emo" music and committed suicide and the general response is ... "she deserved it", "anyone who is that stupid is better off dead".

Now what if that was your sister, or brother... is that feeling still shared?

Or am I talking to deadshits with maggots for brains?

Please explain lack of compassion and empathy in our generation






Lately I've started to realise that this generation is fucked up. There is a huge lack of compassion and empathy and in turn that upsets me sooo much.


I think that it's your BRAIN that's truly "fucked up". Why the fuck are you talking as if lack of compassion and empathy is a bad thing? Will feeling sorry about a bitch committing suicide do anything for her? Will it change what happened? Don't think so. Fix up your brain, instead of criticizing others. Nothing you say have any purpose or logic. Get the fuck out.

Amen
Posted 6/30/08 , edited 6/30/08





Lately I've started to realise that this generation is fucked up. There is a huge lack of compassion and empathy and in turn that upsets me sooo much.


I think that it's your BRAIN that's truly "fucked up". Why the fuck are you talking as if lack of compassion and empathy is a bad thing? Will feeling sorry about a bitch committing suicide do anything for her? Will it change what happened? Don't think so. Fix up your brain, instead of criticizing others. Nothing you say have any purpose or logic. Get the fuck out.





Rofl damn I'm glad I didn't have to say that LOL I didn't want to completely destroy her self-esteem

You should read her profile she's completely spent.


I am seriously sick of the bullshit, deadshits and cunts who are brain dead maggots. fuck
1668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Las Noches
Offline
Posted 6/30/08

KinkyHamster wrote:

i don't really care for suicides...they wanted to die...so why should i feel sorry?



Isn't that WHY you should feel sorry? The fact that they wanted to die.....

1213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/30/08
the fact that people think its cool or funny to say things like this is worrying. i mean, you're not howard stern or eminem and i can't see you eating shit on stage anytime soon.

if you don't get the reference then don't strain yourself btw.

empathy is lacking in everyday life and it effects a lot of people hugely. the reason why i say not to say stupid, ignorant shit over the internet is because in our generation these words can have a profound effect. just internet? no such thing i bet there are a percentage of people reading this right now how feel alienated in their life cause if losers like certain posters ITT

anyway, this is my last on the subject. if you insist on feigning indignance for a collective self interest then there is nothing more for me to say. you're not a critical thinker and probably will go through life as someone else's whipping boy. i get it, i got trolled but at least i have the foresight to call you on your bullshit.

So why not consider someone else?

^_^ bye

Posted 6/30/08 , edited 6/30/08

piratecake wrote:

Lately I've started to realise that this generation is fucked up. There is a huge lack of compassion and empathy and in turn that upsets me sooo much. We have a thread about a girl who has happened to listen to "emo" music and committed suicide and the general response is ... "she deserved it", "anyone who is that stupid is better off dead".

Now what if that was your sister, or brother... is that feeling still shared?

Or am I talking to deadshits with maggots for brains?

Please explain lack of compassion and empathy in our generation





its just crunchyroll!
honestly, alot of people on here are very young.
so, maybe they don't think about things the way they would if they were older or more mature & worldly.
of course, thats not to say being an adult makes people wiser.
sucky kids can make equally sucky adults!

but-
alot of people are still really compassionate and concerned.
i think its harder to NOT care than it is to care.
apathy IS easy for some.

i don't know why, though.

well, i do know why, but i'll never understand that quality of mind- or lack thereof.

*but yeah, its in the real world, too.
i am concerned sometimes, but not overly so.
i mean, i respect everyone regardless of whether i think they deserve it or not. & i have really good friends who are like me & think the same. but at the end of the day-
people are so different, ya know?

:)


Posted 6/30/08 , edited 6/30/08
*rolls eyes* Of course this generation has been desensitized. After living life with people who kill themselves because some song made them 'sad' or random people joining a bogus religious groups because their favorite celeb did is enough to make anyone not give a damn anymore >.>

Not to mention the people who are dissatisfied with the direction our generation is heading but instead of going out and doing something about it (seeing how they 'care' unlike the rest of us) they blog about it on the internet >.<
Posted 6/30/08 , edited 6/30/08

piratecake wrote:

the fact that people think its cool or funny to say things like this is worrying. i mean, you're not howard stern or eminem and i can't see you eating shit on stage anytime soon.

if you don't get the reference then don't strain yourself btw.

empathy is lacking in everyday life and it effects a lot of people hugely. the reason why i say not to say stupid, ignorant shit over the internet is because in our generation these words can have a profound effect. just internet? no such thing i bet there are a percentage of people reading this right now how feel alienated in their life cause if losers like certain posters ITT

anyway, this is my last on the subject. if you insist on feigning indignance for a collective self interest then there is nothing more for me to say. you're not a critical thinker and probably will go through life as someone else's whipping boy. i get it, i got trolled but at least i have the foresight to call you on your bullshit.

So why not consider someone else?

^_^ bye



ROFL you talk like you know us as if we're somebody you've met in real life, I told you honey you don't know who I am. I've shown my empathy when the situation calls for it. I doubt anybody here cares for my life so I never bothered telling you about it. You just made assumptions from the beginning about what kind of person I am, I believe it is the responsibility of those who are more fortunate to take care of those less fortunate but I don't do that by feeling sorry for them that won't help them at all. Lawl as mean as this would sound I wouldn't be surprised if I heard on the news that you commited suicide, your resilience is weak and you already admitted defeat to me. You were to embarassed to bring our private messages out in the open and from the beginning you only made assumptions about people.

Sorry but I don't see whose bullshit you called out on? Fail...

Sorry but I haven't seen you use an ounce of logic and you're saying I'm not a critical thinker? Damn honey in comparison to you a 10 year old has more logic and has a higher chance of comprehending my perception on the situation.

Need I repeat?


You judge people too SUPERFICIALLY


Posted 6/30/08

piratecake wrote:

the fact that people think its cool or funny to say things like this is worrying. i mean, you're not howard stern or eminem and i can't see you eating shit on stage anytime soon.

if you don't get the reference then don't strain yourself btw.

empathy is lacking in everyday life and it effects a lot of people hugely. the reason why i say not to say stupid, ignorant shit over the internet is because in our generation these words can have a profound effect. just internet? no such thing i bet there are a percentage of people reading this right now how feel alienated in their life cause if losers like certain posters ITT

anyway, this is my last on the subject. if you insist on feigning indignance for a collective self interest then there is nothing more for me to say. you're not a critical thinker and probably will go through life as someone else's whipping boy. i get it, i got trolled but at least i have the foresight to call you on your bullshit.

So why not consider someone else?

^_^ bye




the fact that people think its cool or funny to say things like this is worrying. i mean, you're not howard stern or eminem and i can't see you eating shit on stage anytime soon.


Are you blinded by your ignorance and stupidity? Stop generalizing without any basis or evidence to support your statement. Your idiocy is truly disgusting.


empathy is lacking in everyday life and it effects a lot of people hugely.


You stated something. Now where's your proof? Where's your evidence? I don't see any. If you don't then just keep quiet, dumbfuck.



the reason why i say not to say stupid, ignorant shit over the internet is because in our generation these words can have a profound effect. just internet? no such thing i bet there are a percentage of people reading this right now how feel alienated in their life cause if losers like certain posters ITT


I think that your IDIOCY is having more "profound effect" than any of the comments that people left. Everything you said have no support and logic. As I said before, kindly get the fuck out. We aren't going to give sympathy to retarded fucks who took their own life.


anyway, this is my last on the subject. if you insist on feigning indignance for a collective self interest then there is nothing more for me to say. you're not a critical thinker and probably will go through life as someone else's whipping boy. i get it, i got trolled but at least i have the foresight to call you on your bullshit.


That's very convincing, considering the fact that you never replied to my quote beforehand. If you are unable to refute one's argument, then I suggest you quietly get the fuck out.


So why not consider someone else?

^_^ bye


Bye, pussy. Run away from your own topic. Run away from the argument you started. No one wants your idiocy around here.
1490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/30/08

piratecake wrote:
Or am I talking to deadshits with maggots for brains?


You are, but the "or" is inapplicable. That is pretty much what this generation is. Just look at the "loveable" movies the *#$&heads watch. Hostel, Saw. When I commented on a video of a retarded horror movie about how the main character hides under the bed while her mother is being stabbed by a psycho and asked "wouldn't any normal person jump out and rip the guy's head off?" I got some "what the 8(#$&* are you talking about?" reactions. Deadbrain fags is what this and most previous generations are.


piratecake wrote:
Please explain lack of compassion and empathy in our generation


Why? Beats me. Can't understand their mindsets, though something about zero brain activity of a monkey mixing with the actual though dubiously useful presense of a brain seems to make sense. Banking education, lack of drive.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/30/08

StreetSharks wrote:

I'll say because news like those are too common to feel emotional about.


jawesomely put
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.