First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
A world without money???
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 7/2/08
"Money is the root of all evil"

I'm not sure where this quote came from, but it seems pretty accurate. Not that all evils stem from money, but it's pretty darn close.

Does anyone think it's possible to have a society without money? without greed?

Would it have to be created from scratch? Or could we modify an existing society, and slowly do away with currency?

I for one would like to see a world where people did things because they wanted to, or for the greater good of everyone. Not for the love of money.

I would be interested in any thoughts you may have.
Posted 7/2/08 , edited 7/2/08
Money is simply the currency to get what you want; Even if the world is off without money, nothing will change.

edit: The world will change its way of trading and nothing else.
3856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Outer Heaven
Offline
Posted 7/2/08

Alter-Divide wrote:

Money is simply the currency to get what you want; Even if the world is off without money, nothing will change.


I believe it would, good sir. What happens when people snap and are unable to pay for something? Stealing. :B
815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / United States of...
Offline
Posted 7/2/08
Err...that really isn't possible. Trading is one of the basics for all civilization. If we didn't have money, then something else (aka meat for spices) would be used. If nobody wanted to trade, then all hell would break loose.

And really, what did your money do to you? It's not the money that's evil, it's the people that control it.
6491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/08
if there is no money...
then we would all go back to the stone age
and we would have to make means of trading items...

it would be a very hard world to live in then....
The world would need a currency one way
or the other...
Posted 7/2/08

potemkinsama wrote:

Err...that really isn't possible. Trading is one of the basics for all civilization. If we didn't have money, then something else (aka meat for spices) would be used. If nobody wanted to trade, then all hell would break loose.

And really, what did your money do to you? It's not the money that's evil, it's the people that control it.


agreed; Barter existed before in history when there was still no money.
So even if you delete the existence of money, something else will simply replace it.
Posted 7/2/08
The thing is that with money you don't have to carry a whole cow with you to buy this potatoes. Money makes it a lot easier. I don't want to go back to the Middle Age.

Floetry~
7757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/2/08 , edited 7/2/08

OTAKUADDICT wrote:

"Money is the root of all evil"

I'm not sure where this quote came from, but it seems pretty accurate. Not that all evils stem from money, but it's pretty darn close.

I for one would like to see a world where people did things because they wanted to, or for the greater good of everyone. Not for the love of money.


"Money is the root of all evil", let's say that you are right on that, but isn't money also the cure for all sadness? Money is just like your arm. You could use your arm for good deeds, like helping others, but at the same time, you could also use your arm to punch people too

Besides, money is merely a form of "benefit". Therefore it doesn't matter whether money exists. Even if money were to cease to exist, people would still do things just for the sake of the possible benefits. Rape, for example, has nothing to do with money, yet it still happen. Why is that? **cross fingers** It's because of the possible "benefits"

In short, even if a society without money were to be made possible, nothing would change. "Benefit" is what matter, and money is but merely a part of the "benefit".
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 7/2/08 , edited 7/2/08

Allanon0904 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:

"Money is the root of all evil"

I'm not sure where this quote came from, but it seems pretty accurate. Not that all evils stem from money, but it's pretty darn close.

I for one would like to see a world where people did things because they wanted to, or for the greater good of everyone. Not for the love of money.


"Money is the root of all evil", let's say that you are right on that, but isn't money also the cure for all sadness? Money is just like your arm. You could use your arm for good deeds, like helping others, but at the same time, you could also use your arm to punch people too

Besides, money is merely a form of "benefit". Therefore it doesn't matter whether money exist. Even money cease to exist, people would still do things just for the sake of the possible benefits. Rape, for example, has nothing to do with money; yet it still happen. Why is that? **cross fingers** It's because of the possible "benefits"

In short, a society without money is possible, but nothing would change. "Benefit" is what matter, and money is but merely a part of the "benefit".


yes MONEY is also the cure for all sadness

but the only problem about MONEY is how we use it

even some governments and some churches have been influenced by corruption through using money in a bad way
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Noitacol
Offline
Posted 7/2/08
then we would use the barter system..
zzzzzzzzz
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 7/2/08

kambing123 wrote:

then we would use the barter system..
zzzzzzzzz


IMAO

maybe we would use stones

but it's my idea
7757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/2/08 , edited 7/2/08

OTAKUADDICT wrote:



yes MONEY is also the cure for all sadness

but the only problem about MONEY is how we use it

even some governments and some churches have been influenced by corruption through using money in a bad way


Like I said in my previous post, it's not money that is at fault. It's the desire to aim for the benefit of the person that is at fault. In other words, don't blame money, blame human's greediness.

Besides, using money in a bad way? How? There's no such thing as "bad" in the first place. What you think is wrong might just be right in another person's eyes. There is no such thing as right or wrong, there are only ethics and perspectives .

For example, if a man were to rob a bank because he desperately need money to save his daughter, **cross fingers** would you consider such action as right or wrong, my money-hater friend?
7906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 7/2/08

kambing123 wrote:

then we would use the barter system..
zzzzzzzzz


haha lol
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 7/2/08

Allanon0904 wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:



yes MONEY is also the cure for all sadness

but the only problem about MONEY is how we use it

even some governments and some churches have been influenced by corruption through using money in a bad way


Like I said in my previous post, it's not money that is at fault. It's the desire to aim for the benefit of the person that is at fault. In other words, don't blame money, blame human's greediness.

Besides, using money in a bad way? How? There's no such thing as "bad" in the first place. What you think is wrong might just be right in another person's eyes. There is no such thing as right or wrong, there are only ethics and perspectives .

For example, if a man were to rob a bank because he desperately need money to save his daughter, **cross fingers** would you consider such action as right or wrong, my money-hater friend?



just don't use negative statements on me because I am agree with your point


For example, if a man were to rob a bank because he desperately need money to save his daughter, **cross fingers** would you consider such action as right or wrong, my money-hater friend?


at least he has a reason to steal money for the benefit of the family

what I'm talking about the BAD way is that money has been use for greediness and power and selling of indulgences have been stopped because the church realized that it is really sinful to use money for their own power

10256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F
Offline
Posted 7/2/08
Everything is FREE!! yippie!! no rich, no poor.... Everybody can share.. No selfish people, no greedy, no pride, no jealousy...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.