WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
The Childfree
80275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 7/10/08

richiiieee wrote:


Oh damn. I seems you have more of hate for children more than them just being a burden. Then live free without them
O.o did you think I was one of those posers who is like "I love kids, I just don't want to have to raise them"?

Posted 7/10/08

anti-freeze wrote:


richiiieee wrote:


Oh damn. I seems you have more of hate for children more than them just being a burden. Then live free without them
O.o did you think I was one of those posers who is like "I love kids, I just don't want to have to raise them"?



I knew you didn't like kids but now I see that you hate them. It's like there is not a single trait you like about them and to you they all should die.

80275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 7/10/08

richiiieee wrote:


Oh damn. I seems you have more of hate for children more than them just being a burden. Then live free without them
O.o did you think I was one of those posers who is like "I love kids, I just don't want to have to raise them"?



I knew you didn't like kids but now I see that you hate them. It's like there is not a single trait you like about them and to you they all should die.

You hit the nail on the head my friend. I can only tolerate adults, mainly because if they piss me off I can have them arrested.

Posted 7/10/08 , edited 7/10/08

You hit the nail on the head my friend. I can only tolerate adults, mainly because if they piss me off I can have them arrested.




I don't understand what you mean when you say "I can only tolerate adults, mainly because if they piss me off I can have them arrested." From your tone it sounds like people piss you off all the time. An individual is arrested for breaking the law so do the adults you speak of piss you off enough to be arrested? In an argument the only way for a person to get arrested is if he gets physical so do you get into alot of conflicts? You cannot call the cops on a child so if it pisses you off what will happen then? Remember we were all children at some point in our lives. What if your old man thought the same way you did?
1352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/10/08
I don' think it's should be taboo. In fact I WISH some people wouldn't have kids, thus releasing their hellspawn upon the earth. I don't think parent ing is an easy job, but a burden is a bit of a negative way to describe it, [ though to be honest, I can't think of another way] Thing is, the reason why so many parents would rather die than admit it's a burden, is because I bet each one of them would tell you it was worth every vomit stained shirt, muddy footprint, boring piano recital, pta meeeting, argument, bad boyfriend and ill advisde outfit and they don't regret having children. Yes, that's not always the case, but I do think it is for every parent who loves thier child.

As for not having chlidren, I think each to their own and screw alll the smarmy people coooing " but children are such a blessing" at the end of the day it's your choice and you're the one that has to raise them. Ultimately not everone will feel they want to be responsible for raising children, and that is hardly selfish. In my opinion, the truly selfish act would be to try and raise children despite knowing that you are unprepared to make the obvious sacrifices that ome with being a parent.. I myself would not be completely opposed to the idea of having children, but I would prefer if it was at a time when I fel t ready toi take that step [late 30's?]
80275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 7/10/08

phillia wrote:
Ah you have never actually told anyone you have no intention of having children... granted the taboo nature takes a while to manifest. It starts out "Well you are young you shouldn't want children" then it goes to "Ha ha ha ha ha <insert long string of laughter> I felt the same way when I was your age and guess what happened?" and finally "Come on why don't have any kids yet?" When it reaches that point you are screwed. After all what better thing to have in common than suffering? Since all the parents are buddy buds they tell everyone you have no kids and slowly you are exiled from the world. I have seen this happen it is a sad sight. Of course not everyone will feel they want to raise children. But at the end of the day mob mentality rules, and what is not done en mass is taboo.

Of course parents cannot regret never having kids. That would cause one hell of a mid-life crisis for them they did. Anyone would lose their mind if they did something for 18-25 years and regretted it. It is a defense mechanism, a stupification if you will. Parents often times need to lie to themselves when they realize that watching a child grow day by day is like watching grass grow everyday. After all a lot of people do not really have anything to pass on, other than a name, and hey I am a fluke my grandfather had 3 daughters, yet I have his name. In the end the more pain that one suffers the more people feel the need for their to be a purpose.

Then again, people tend to hate those who they envy.

richiiieee wrote:
I don't understand what you mean when you say "I can only tolerate adults, mainly because if they piss me off I can have them arrested." From your tone it sounds like people piss you off all the time. An individual is arrested for breaking the law so do the adults you speak of piss you off enough to be arrested? In an argument the only way for a person to get arrested is if he gets physical so do you get into alot of conflicts? You cannot call the cops on a child so if it pisses you off what will happen then? Remember we were all children at some point in our lives. What if your old man thought the same way you did?
That stupid $%^&*() argument "We were all kids once". Please explain to me why it matters? Yes I was a kid once I know what to expect. Does not mean that I have to tolerate it or accept it.

Well lucky for me whenever spawn anger me I have no legal obligation to give a care so I can just walk away. However, if I am not able to walk away I would just kick them out of the house... Oh wait damn... can't do that, that is some kind of child abandonment. Hmmm... lets see... Lock them in a room... no wait that is child abuse... ummm physically disipline them... nope child abuse again.... yell at them... nope child abuse again... hmmm well so I guess I would have to do nothing if I was legally stuck with a kid... so I choose the only suitable option, my end of days.

Thought the same way... in the no spawning way? The world would be a much happier place. My mom would happier and richer, my sisters wouldn't exist, and best of all I would not exist.

Posted 7/10/08 , edited 7/10/08




Wow. You'd rather not exist. Hating you were ever a child and curse a childs existence. My friend you are pitiful.(No offense)
80275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 7/11/08 , edited 7/11/08

music190 wrote:
Ok settle down there little miss good.. ummm invisible man in the sky believer/hippee. First off take your pro-life philosophy where it is welcome. I never mentioned anything about abortion in here. I merely stated that I did not want to spawn. So I will ask you nicely, keep parasite removal out of this thread.

No you see children are only a not a burden when you have the money. Then they become an annoyance, people who say children are a blessing need to look to the world around them. Blessing in my mind means that it is something that rarely happens. But you see almost every human can do it so I fail to see how it is a blessing.

Finally "taking care" of spawn is something that comes out of a genuine desire to take care of spawn. Just like my video game collection comes out of genuine desire to own a bunch of games. I mean I could be like everyone else in the world and just sell my games when I am done with them. That would be the easy way to do things. If I did that I would have a lot more space in my apartment. Or just like a cosplay wants to sew his or her own costume. You see a lot of people are posers. They coo over spawn just as much as their parents do yet claim to not want any. So when an accident happens that is why they are just so accepting. That and for some unknown reason they feel guilty about giving up the spawn. So they just grin and bear it, then again they never really did violently reject the idea of spawn. Then you have me, I treat spawn the way I feel about them. I don't run around making wild claims about how I love children yet don't want any of my own. So I am more than willing to make sure extra precautions are taken to ensure that spawn do not come into my life.

But while it is cute, please do not pretend to be open-minded. Then again thanks for proving my point.

richiiieee wrote:

Wow. You'd rather not exist. Hating you were ever a child and curse a childs existence. My friend you are pitiful.(No offense)None taken, but I am still curious as to how "We were all Kids once" matters. I mean seriously, that is like a homosexual saying "I was a christian once so I can accept bigotry". It makes no sense to say something like that. We are defined by our past actions not our past forms.

1352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/11/08 , edited 7/11/08



Yeah, I'm at the age where people go oh you shouldn't be thinking about babies, but I am one of the few 17year old girls on the planet who never ever wants to get married or is even that intersted in dating, so I can see what you mean about getting people go on at you.

I have to disagree that parents not regretting having children is a defense mechanism, yeah some people are absolute failures, but I know that my mum will be proud of me iwhen I am an adult and will see raising me as years well spent. I don't think raising children would be as boring as you think. As for the whole hating kids thing, Yeah aI can agree on that with you, but not all kids are annoying, smelly llittle b**tards. I am pretty sure I was a good kid. Never caused scenes in the supermarket, good grades, polite, you know raised well. I remember one time when I was about 6, I said blees you when a one of mymum's coworkers sneezed and he about shat himself, and almost died when I said your welcome after he said thank you.
I didn't get it at the time, but mum told me afterwards that he hated kids. So i'm glad I might have changed someone's opinon slightly way back when.

I think it's best put "thing is you will most likely think that every kid on the planet is a little **** and when you have kids, you'll still think that way, except you'll worship yours. Unless they turn out to be a little **** too of course"

but to re-iterate my first post if you don't want to have kids don't , if your friends don't want to hangout or whatever anymore you probably weren't that good friends and besides parents are boring to anyone who is a parent, as usually all they ever talk about is how welll little timmy is doing in his flute lessons or whatever.
80275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 7/11/08

phillia wrote:
Well in the cases where parents are actually trying to have a kid I can see them not regretting it in general, being something they wanted. I am speaking more along the lines of the other 90% of people, especially the young ones.

I find that people go by this saying "My kids are perfect and can do no wrong". Yeah that is what I have seen 100% of the time these days. And since spawning today means that if you do anything to cause your child even the slightest bit of pain. Well kids will never learn right from wrong, coupled with the parents train of thought of "My child can do no wrong" we are in for one hellish future.

Posted 7/11/08


None taken, but I am still curious as to how "We were all Kids once" matters. I mean seriously, that is like a homosexual saying "I was a christian once so I can accept bigotry". It makes no sense to say something like that. We are defined by our past actions not our past forms.


True but no entirely. Yes we are defined by our past actions but it was our "form" or stage in our lives that commanded our actions. As we get older we only get wiser. Reminiscing on our past we realize our former mistakes, wise or "childish", and prevent the situation from replicating again. So "We were all kids once" is motive for remodeling our actions(at least for grown adults). Besides, from children we've grown into adults right?
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/11/08
I will probably never have kids, when I really sit down and think about being a mother, I just can't see myself doing it, one of my best friends just recently got pregnant with her first kid and I'm so glad it's not me.
Posted 7/12/08
I do not want children. I think that couples who insist on having a baby 'of their own' while there are millions of parentless children who could be adopted are selfish. Adopting a child does not make it any less you then having one of your own. Blood relative and 'child of my flesh' means shit nowadays.... especially when you're just adding to the world's population >.<

I also think that 60% of the world's population should be sterilized >.>
80275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 7/14/08 , edited 7/14/08

thenatureofthings wrote:

I as well find that anyone who cannot just adopt a child to be a miserable individuals. After all it makes "unconditional love" seem so very conditional.


richiiieee wrote:
So... I guess you are saying that saying "We were all kids once" is supposed to invoke a sense of nostalgia? And therefore make putting up with the crap kids make us go through ok?
Posted 7/14/08

So... I guess you are saying that saying "We were all kids once" is supposed to invoke a sense of nostalgia? And therefore make putting up with the crap kids make us go through ok?


I was not speaking on a basis from parent to child. I was referring to us adults making incorrect decisions in the past which we label as childish or something a kid would do. When I said "We were all kids once" I didn't mean literal children, but what makes us adults is the decisions we make for the present and future. So for our past wrongful actions hence I use the quote "We were all children once".
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.