First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply eun chae or bong soon?
54275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Georgia, United S...
Offline
Posted 7/8/08

zoesrose wrote:

It sucks that its only 20 episodes, but at least we get something. Now I prefer Bong Soon over Eun Chae, not only b/c I like Lee Young Ah, but I like Bong Soon's character as well. I think she's witty, and instead of getting w/someone that appears to be so perfect in every little thing... I rather see him get w/someone who's imperfect. However I do believe that he'll end up w/no one. Another sad ending like Hong Gil Dong.


yeah I kinda like the imperfectness.
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
I like Bong Soon sooo much better....Hopefully he'll fall for her in the end...But who knows...
489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Prince Edward Island
Offline
Posted 7/8/08

jeziemalfoy wrote:


sweetbutterfly8 wrote:


jeziemalfoy wrote:


sweetbutterfly8 wrote:

I don't think Iljimae is going to end up with anyone. Even if he does, we can't really consider that as true romance. I mean...come on. The two kids talked about birds for two minutes and didn't see each other for the next ten years. That's love?

Anyway, there's simply not enough time for them to be together. There are only six episodes left, and the producers gave out a statement saying that they won't try to make the show longer. They are running out of money to film more episodes, and even though there had been rumors of the show being extended to total of 22 episodes, that hasn't been clarified yet.

There are so many things that need to be answered. Is Iljimae ever going to find out that
And that
And so much more? I have a feeling the producers are going to end up rushing everything towards the end--which is going to suck big time because in my opinion, this show should've been at least 30 episodes long to begin with. But hey, the only thing we can do is blame the director for turning the main character into Iljimae so late.


yeah i think 20 episodes is way too short too. and i doubt everything going to be explained in the next 6 episodes plus romance.
there is hardly time for romance to take place.


My guess is that the king will remain alive. He will cry and beg for mercy and forgiveness and turn all good...and maybe get his position taken away by his cousin or whatever. Because haha, if Iljimae ends up killing him, he will have the label "MURDERER" stuck on him throughout his life...even if the citizens hated the hell out of the king.


iljimae might become king because he has royal blood in him.
his father and the king were once sworn brothers.



That's a good point, but I have my doubts on him becoming the king...only because Iljimae was never the king of Korea. Usually, historical dramas are exaggerated...in somewhat way, but I don't think the producers will make it up by making him the leader of the country.

Ooh yeah, I forgot to ask this. On the very first post, you said something about how Iljimae will react when he finds out that Eun Chae's dad had something to do with his father's death. Doesn't Iljimae kind of know about it? When he went over to her house, he found the notebook that had his father's name crossed out. The hit list...or however you say it. I mean, how many houses do you know where they keep hit list? Hahaha. Although he may not know the full story, he should know that Byun Shik was involved in it.
21973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
Eun Chae for sure!!!
Bong Soon is fcking annoying
Member
12190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 7/10/08
Bong Soon all the way. She's got guts.
Member
50086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/10/08
i want bong soon to be it. i mean come on Eun Chae is too fake
Member
2494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/11/08 , edited 7/11/08
i think he should be with eun chae since he likes her. i don't know if he'll get feelings for bong soon... but right now his feelings with eun chae are mutual... except the problem now becomes bong soon loves young... young loves eun chae... eun chae loves iljimae... and iljimae... well.. he loves eun chae too but he is young and can't stay as iljimae forever. in one of the episodes eun chae will find out and then we'll see who he chooses based on her reaction. but anyway... that's just my opinion. i just can't wait to see what happens!!!!
3358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / In my pants. No,...
Offline
Posted 7/11/08
Basically, both girls are beautiful and have their own good points, but I really do prefer Eun Chae.
Why?
Well, Iljimae actually does love Eun Chae and she does love him back. Their romance has already developed so far... and it's almost nearing the end of the drama. Basically, Bong Soon does love Ryung a lot, but he doesn't quite feel the same way. Also, the drama's nearing its end, so if they do end up together in the end, I think their love will be quite "rushed."

The actress playing as Eun Chae is also very... calm looking. <333
160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 7/12/08

zoesrose wrote:

It sucks that its only 20 episodes, but at least we get something. Now I prefer Bong Soon over Eun Chae, not only b/c I like Lee Young Ah, but I like Bong Soon's character as well. I think she's witty, and instead of getting w/someone that appears to be so perfect in every little thing... I rather see him get w/someone who's imperfect. However I do believe that he'll end up w/no one. Another sad ending like Hong Gil Dong.


My sentiments exactly! Eun Chae acts like a perfect prude most of the time. Her character is too righteous, placid, and sweet that it comes out fake. She is far too untouched, pure and removed from life's tragedies that she couldn't possibly cope with Yong-ee's harsh and painful past. Her's and Geom's childish love is but a faint dream/ideal, easily shattered, not much depth as far as I can see.

In contrast, Bong Soon is a survivor much just like Yong-ee. She had her share of tragedies and takes present and future tragedies as it comes and strives to win over it with fervor and tenacity. Now, that's a woman for a hero. Think Sung yu-ri in Hong gil dong or Lee ji-ah of The Legend or Han hye ji of Jumong they were women of wit, guts, spirit and strength, a reasonable amount of innocence and of course kindness. Bong soon reminds me of the lady warrior Sujini when it comes to her wit and mischievousness. She does not obey the conventions of the women in ancient times and does basically what comes to mind and this allows for greater ranges of emotions and expressions. I especially enjoy her irritating antics and the way she outsmarts Yong-ee time and time again.

Yong-ee should realize that there is more to love and women than what meets the eye or a shared bird story (come on!). I'm sad that the story tend to favor that Eun Chae girl. It should be Bong Soon and Yong-ee then Shi-ho and Eun chae together. Alas, that might be impossible since the writers would most likely make Shi-ho suffer for the unfortunate actions he made. But I do agree that the 20 episodes wouldn't allow an in depth development of the romantic subplot as it is hardly able to contain the revenge plot. I think this would be by far one of the shortest k-historical. Given the # of viewers, they should at least make it to a standard 24 ep. drama.
160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 7/12/08
For a lead actress like Eun Chae I'd have to suggest that she better start dominating the screen since on all episodes Bong Soon's character and unconventional antics clearly outshines her relax, bland approach to things, not much passion even when angry. You couldn't react to her much, really! Leads should be able to incite strong feeling from their viewers may it be excitement, irritation or anger, not leave them detached and bored enough to scroll forward for the next scene.

To be honest I don't feel much chemistry between Jun ki and Hyo-joo as lovers. Normally, I'd be rooting for lead couples to get together by the 3rd episodes but I'm on the 15th and I still don't feel like egging them on. On Young ah and Jun ki, they look good when they argue but I can't tell as lovers since there isn't any scene that pertains to that maybe if they could have more episodes for plot development. It's like I'm forced to accept things as they are because there is only 5 eps left. It isn't fair!
1756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Zagreb
Offline
Posted 7/12/08
eun chae.she's more prettier and idk.somehow,i like her more.
Member
1454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / CA
Offline
Posted 7/12/08
I really hope it does not end like Hong Gil Dong it made me cry for days.lol. I hope that at least it has a happy ending where the two leads stay alive and not die. Go Eun Chae and Iljimae!!
455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / sunnyside.
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
neither,
because both annoy me:
no offense, but han hyo joo kinda' reminds me of some extraterrestrial...? yeah, idk, but she doesnt fit MY image of eun chae's character. i think the actress should've been... idk, someone else.
as for bong soon, she annoys me too, not only cus of her actual character but she doesn't FIT her character either.
all in all, neither fit their character well.
187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
im not a korean so i dont understand unsubbed dramas.. but i ended up advancing to episode 15 because i heard there was a part when bong soon kissed yong-ee *forcefully*.. it was cute and funny.. haha..

the irritated yong-ee and the insistent bong soon.. pretty good combination!!
Member
945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 7/14/08
I truly want Bong Soon and Iljimae to get together cuz Eun Chae really WAY too perfect (dun bash my head in)...but then again, ppl who said that he wouldn't get with nybody might be right....I just want to see what happens wen he finds out ALL of those secrets....yay! :]
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.