First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Who do you think L should be?
Member
5427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
Stick to the original!
Member
561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / *gasp* BEHIND YOU...
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
There was another thread about this in the drama section, and they said that the producers were thinking of having ZAC EFRON PLAY AS LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dunno about L though...but personally I don't want efron as light OR anyone to even make a remake--the Death Note movies/mangas/animes/spinoff are quite awesome the way they are
139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
American version of death note??? eeeewwww!!!! that'll totally s*ck!!
1481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/8/08

EddX wrote:


lolita1101 wrote:

American directors are always trying to imitate Japanese films..

And they're always twice as worse.

And then it makes the original version look bad.

We don't need an Americanized version of Death Note.

The english subtitles should be enough.


You mean them giving english subtitles to the live action of Death Note from Japan? They did but dub. And it's rated R because of one measly cuss, the F word. Plus, it was only shown in select areas.


Ahaha, they dubbed it too? I bet it sounds awful..
One little cussword shouldn't stop teens under 18 from seeing it..
Did they show it in your area?
2030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

lolita1101 wrote:


EddX wrote:


lolita1101 wrote:

American directors are always trying to imitate Japanese films..

And they're always twice as worse.

And then it makes the original version look bad.

We don't need an Americanized version of Death Note.

The english subtitles should be enough.


You mean them giving english subtitles to the live action of Death Note from Japan? They did but dub. And it's rated R because of one measly cuss, the F word. Plus, it was only shown in select areas.


Ahaha, they dubbed it too? I bet it sounds awful..
One little cussword shouldn't stop teens under 18 from seeing it..
Did they show it in your area?


No, I just read it in wikipedia.
7809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

cookiexD wrote:

eww omg. zac efrons gonna play light


i heard this too!!! nooo!!! he looks so ... un - Lightish...
Member
1843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / behind joo!
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
if L is tranformed into an american...it would totally kill the whole movie..id kill my self..well mybe i wont go that far..but..seriously...can u even imagine L not being asian?..im not being rascist..but seriously???!!! i think kenichi did real good in portraying L..and im sure someone can do the same..but the whole look..not everyone can pull it off...i was at anime expo and i seriously wanted to slap the hell out of those who cosplay L...totally killed the whole aspect of L...lol
Member
1843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / behind joo!
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

EddX wrote:


lolita1101 wrote:


EddX wrote:


lolita1101 wrote:

American directors are always trying to imitate Japanese films..

And they're always twice as worse.

And then it makes the original version look bad.

We don't need an Americanized version of Death Note.

The english subtitles should be enough.


You mean them giving english subtitles to the live action of Death Note from Japan? They did but dub. And it's rated R because of one measly cuss, the F word. Plus, it was only shown in select areas.


Ahaha, they dubbed it too? I bet it sounds awful..
One little cussword shouldn't stop teens under 18 from seeing it..
Did they show it in your area?


No, I just read it in wikipedia.


showed it in my area..it was horrible..i already watched the first one..and thought i wanna watch it in big screen..when i got home i was so pissed off i had to watch the original 4 times...lol seriously..horrible..hated the eng dubs..if u watch the anime eng dubs..their the sme ppol who dubbed it..>.<

85 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
Eww. Zack Efron is gross. Like, seriously. Please no. Anyone else...
Member
4720 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / ~Wonderland~
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
if America want remake deat note, they must have Matsuyama Ken'ichi for L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

drkngelzero wrote:

if L is tranformed into an american...it would totally kill the whole movie..id kill my self..well mybe i wont go that far..but..seriously...can u even imagine L not being asian?..im not being rascist..but seriously???!!! i think kenichi did real good in portraying L..and im sure someone can do the same..but the whole look..not everyone can pull it off...i was at anime expo and i seriously wanted to slap the hell out of those who cosplay L...totally killed the whole aspect of L...lol


L is actually, according to Ohba, "...quarter Japanese, quarter English, quarter Russian, and quarter French or Italian?"
Member
1843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / behind joo!
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

EddX wrote:


drkngelzero wrote:

if L is tranformed into an american...it would totally kill the whole movie..id kill my self..well mybe i wont go that far..but..seriously...can u even imagine L not being asian?..im not being rascist..but seriously???!!! i think kenichi did real good in portraying L..and im sure someone can do the same..but the whole look..not everyone can pull it off...i was at anime expo and i seriously wanted to slap the hell out of those who cosplay L...totally killed the whole aspect of L...lol


L is actually, according to Ohba, "...quarter Japanese, quarter English, quarter Russian, and quarter French or Italian?"


ofcourse in the manga he couldnt just be a regular one ethnicity..the more the better..but i mean in a movie..but my point is...i cnt see any american actor acting as L...my mind is poisoned with kenichi as L
Member
3151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Kawaii no Yumeiko...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
Who the hell decided to make an american remake of Death Note. They're just going to mutiliate it and turn DN into shit! Who the hell picks Zac Efron? If I go watch the remake ( which is never...), all I'll ever see is a Kira who might burst out dancing or singing at random moments! GOD! If they're going to pick an L to play in the remake at least pick Kenichi Matsuyama, his english is pretty good@
Member
277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/10/08
Oh god. Zac Efron x_x -hides-
As for L... nobody can! ONLY Ken'chi Matsuyama! ^-^
Matsuyama can speak english. :DD
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/10/08
>__> I would probably shoot Zac Efron if they chose him to play Kira. Then we wouldn't even have to worry about it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.