First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Islam
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 7/17/08 , edited 7/17/08

MidnightZorya wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:




MidnightZorya wrote:

What I want to talk about is Islam and sport, especially sport and women from the Islamic faith.
When participating in sports, the clothing must be Islamically acceptable. This would therefore exclude shorts, t-shirts, leotards, swimming costumes etc.

I heard that It is very important to ensure that there are no males watching and that mixing of sexes is forbidden in normal situations, except in special situations under certain conditions, let alone in a sporting arena or exercise facility. It also restricts your activities, and modesty would not allow this in any case.
Permission for a Muslim woman to reveal her hair, arms etc. is permitted to her husband, father, mother and so on.

So what I was wondering about is if any of the female Muslims here are participating in any sport activities, and if they are allowed to do certain ones where they would need to uncover themselves.

Since I find sport to be a very important part of a human's life, because of all its profits for the body and soul, I was wondering how much a woman can get involved with sport activities. >_>

Floetry~



No, there's nothing wrong with Muslim sportsmen and women. Sania MIrza from India is one example. She plays tennis with regulation miniskirt and hair uncovered but comes from a conservative family.


Oh I heard about her, but I must say that I also heard that she has been widely attacked and vilified in Islamist cricles. They are saying that she has a corrupting influence on the youth, because of her unislamic clothing. She got threatened, and she even feared to play with an Israeli tennis player, because of the uproar that this match might have caused in certain communities. It seems to me that she has quite a hard life, and can't play the sport freely as she would want to because of her religion and because of certain individuals from the same religion, clerics, and Islamist groups, etc.
Her family seems to be cool though, since it was her dad that brought her to play tennis, but the surrounding is just letting one hope for a more tolerant future. =/
Btw, I don't mean to offend anyone here right now, I am just stating facts, and tbh it quite saddens me to see that the girl can't play her sport the way she would want to because of the fear caused by her Islamic surrounding strangulating her mind. Her tennis is quite worthwile to watch though...

Another thing is, that she is the only Muslim sportswoman of whom I know about..>.> are there any others?

PS: Thanks for the reply btw, I already thought that nobody cares about sport and Islam...=/

Floetry~


nah, only some of the fame hungry mullahs who got nothing better to do make fatwas nobody cares about on Sania. The whole country is obsessed with her though,
Sheikha Maitha from the UAE is a world champion in Karate, but she's from the royal family in Dubai.(Hence the title "Sheikha" - female Sheikh)

People do care about sports among us, you know. My cousin is a nationally acclaimed sportsman here.
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 7/17/08

MidnightZorya wrote:
Another thing is, that she is the only Muslim sportswoman of whom I know about..>.> are there any others?

PS: Thanks for the reply btw, I already thought that nobody cares about sport and Islam...=/
Floetry~

Malaysian sportswoman also not stricted to those rules.

Posted 7/17/08
not interested in becoming a terrorist, thank you very much!
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/08 , edited 7/17/08
Not all Muslims are terrorists! Not all of them are easily offended radicals either. You shouldn't judge people like that based off of a minority of them who like to scream their voice and murder others in the name of "Allah". I am pretty sure that the "Jihad" is not supported by the Koran. I am pretty sure that it teaches that murder is wrong that that you shouldn't kill non Muslims. I am not Muslim and I do not view Islam as the truth, but I recognize that they aren't all that way.
1599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/24/08
Awesome topic...
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/24/08
Just asking....

Why are there a lot of moslems that believe killing is right in the name of Allah? can you quote the content and give your own interpretation on that?

No offense, just want to know, love you moslems
3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 7/27/08

alupihan45 wrote:

I have a question about Islam. I have conflicting perception about Islam and kinda afraid to ask a muslim in person getting offended [since the only thing i heard about them in tv and here in the Philippines are they are violent people].

1. Do muslims think that the Christian God and Allah are the same? That the difference is the humanity/deity of Jesus Christ?
2. Is it true that you guys descended from Ishmael, the son of Hagar, the second wife of Abram?
3. Where does this suicide bomber coming from [since they insist its out of religion they are doing it] when they say, " if they kill Christians they go to paradise?"
4, i heard that jihad is not about physical violence but spiritual war, i mean, keeping the faith against all odds, is that true?
5. what is your point of salvation? i mean, us Christians' definition of salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ.

that's it for now

1.yes!
2.Yes.in fact,it's not islam is descending from Ismael just like Judaism is not from Izaak,but those two are prophets & considered as the ancetors of Jewish & Muslims!
3.No,killing christians or Jewish or any human being is forbidden is Islam"The one who kills a soul without reason is like he killed the whole human kind"this is in the Coran,the fact is,we should look to the contest,i don't think that anyone will explode himself without having a reason,during the second world war,the Kamikaze excuted suicide attakes against Us army,the suicide bombers feel injustice & threat & usually they have nothing to lose!
we should look to the situation from an other angle,so we can understand the whole picture!
4)Yes,the spiritual Jihad is the ultimate form of Jihad,it's to resist the desire to commit sins & try to be a better person on all the ways!
5)In Islam,every one is responsible of himself,everyone has the power to save himself from hell & to gain God's forgiveness,(No one is punished on the other's sins),connextion between God & the human is private,(God is closer than veins),so,for us salvation is to obey God's orders,believe in God,his angels,his holy books,his prophets,the day of judgement& believe in destiny,not commit sins,& if we do,ask forgiveness with a pure heart,then,he'll forgive us for sue,because God is ashamed to return someone empty handed if he was asked!
One last word,for muslim,"Religion is the way you treat others"so,a muslim must always treat others the way he likes to be treated,if not,he just doesn't know what's islam!
3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 7/27/08

tweety_cool wrote:

Just asking....

Why are there a lot of moslems that believe killing is right in the name of Allah? can you quote the content and give your own interpretation on that?

No offense, just want to know, love you moslems

Nooo,there is no killing in the name of Allah,this is sooo wrong
,in fact,killing is one of the 7 major sins in Islam,it's allowed only when it's about a criminal(if someone killed an other in purpose & with intention to kill,he should be killed for his crime )or for self defense!
the killing in the name of Allah does not exist,i think u mean Jihad,killing in this situation is allowed because you are in a WAR,killing in the battlefeild is allowed as far as i know because you are defending you self,your nation ,your religion!!!
3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 7/27/08

h4x0rz wrote:


MidnightZorya wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:




MidnightZorya wrote:

What I want to talk about is Islam and sport, especially sport and women from the Islamic faith.
When participating in sports, the clothing must be Islamically acceptable. This would therefore exclude shorts, t-shirts, leotards, swimming costumes etc.

I heard that It is very important to ensure that there are no males watching and that mixing of sexes is forbidden in normal situations, except in special situations under certain conditions, let alone in a sporting arena or exercise facility. It also restricts your activities, and modesty would not allow this in any case.
Permission for a Muslim woman to reveal her hair, arms etc. is permitted to her husband, father, mother and so on.

So what I was wondering about is if any of the female Muslims here are participating in any sport activities, and if they are allowed to do certain ones where they would need to uncover themselves.

Since I find sport to be a very important part of a human's life, because of all its profits for the body and soul, I was wondering how much a woman can get involved with sport activities. >_>

Floetry~



No, there's nothing wrong with Muslim sportsmen and women. Sania MIrza from India is one example. She plays tennis with regulation miniskirt and hair uncovered but comes from a conservative family.


Oh I heard about her, but I must say that I also heard that she has been widely attacked and vilified in Islamist cricles. They are saying that she has a corrupting influence on the youth, because of her unislamic clothing. She got threatened, and she even feared to play with an Israeli tennis player, because of the uproar that this match might have caused in certain communities. It seems to me that she has quite a hard life, and can't play the sport freely as she would want to because of her religion and because of certain individuals from the same religion, clerics, and Islamist groups, etc.
Her family seems to be cool though, since it was her dad that brought her to play tennis, but the surrounding is just letting one hope for a more tolerant future. =/
Btw, I don't mean to offend anyone here right now, I am just stating facts, and tbh it quite saddens me to see that the girl can't play her sport the way she would want to because of the fear caused by her Islamic surrounding strangulating her mind. Her tennis is quite worthwile to watch though...

Another thing is, that she is the only Muslim sportswoman of whom I know about..>.> are there any others?

PS: Thanks for the reply btw, I already thought that nobody cares about sport and Islam...=/

Floetry~


nah, only some of the fame hungry mullahs who got nothing better to do make fatwas nobody cares about on Sania. The whole country is obsessed with her though,
Sheikha Maitha from the UAE is a world champion in Karate, but she's from the royal family in Dubai.(Hence the title "Sheikha" - female Sheikh)

People do care about sports among us, you know. My cousin is a nationally acclaimed sportsman here.

I'm from a muslim country,& i'm a girl myself & i play sports(volley ball)wearing the fit cloths!
a lot of muslim sportswomen do the same thing,personnaly,i think the male watching a tennis female game for example must be intrested to the game itself not to the player's clothing,& one more question:Are men really that slut to the point they can't think only of sex when they see a woman????
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 7/27/08 , edited 7/27/08

marie_2902 wrote:
I'm from a muslim country,& i'm a girl myself & i play sports(volley ball)wearing the fit cloths!
a lot of muslim sportswomen do the same thing,personnaly,i think the male watching a tennis female game for example must be intrested to the game itself not to the player's clothing,& one more question:Are men really that slut to the point they can't think only of sex when they see a woman????


It's good to hear that Muslim girls are getting more active in sports. Congrats sister, don't let anybody get you down!


tweety_cool wrote:

Just asking....

Why are there a lot of moslems that believe killing is right in the name of Allah? can you quote the content and give your own interpretation on that?

No offense, just want to know, love you moslems


It's a sin, but anti-west elements make it out to be perfectly okay when it's not. There's no excuse for killing except self-defense.
3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 7/27/08

alupihan45 wrote:


i just said that coz i'm curious if all muslim groups believed in the purity of women. To make it clear, i'll post the following question below
1. America, UK and Australia are kinda known for their liberated women. I mean, they practice pre-marital sex and its okay to their society. just curious if they are muslim in their respective country, are there women different? to be exact, value virginity?

2. There is a muslim [Tausug to be exact] culture here that at the first night of honeymoon, a white cloth was placed on the bed so if the girl will be virgin, blood spots will be seen. Then on the next day, the groom will go out of the room with the cloth where he is awaited by all the men in his family. If there is blood, the groom waves it and all the men will shout in joy. if they have some gun, they shoot like crazy. But if the girl is not a virgin, the father will enter the room and kill the woman believing its a family's disgrace. Do muslims in UAE or all around the world practice this? I heard in Jordan, they do this.



Virginiy,well ,let me tell that both men & women in Islam are sinfull if they have sex out of marriage,& both of them are puniched in the same way,not only women!
this situaion,i think,has something to do with Women's rights all over the history,i mean,all women everywhere suffer (in a way or other) from sexism & man's authority!
theses behaviour you're talking about has nothing to do with religion,nothing about it was mentionned in the Coran or by the prophet,just social costums!!
Posted 7/27/08 , edited 7/27/08
Hey, I thought it would pretty much of a good idea if each Muslim who is wanting to do so, would post a few points which they like about Islam, of course maybe it would as well be good to quote the passages of the Quran which you liked, so that people who don't know much about Islam would see that there are as well good points, and at the same time they would see what convinced you guys to become a part of the Islamic society.
Maybe it would as well be pretty awesome if someone would list the good things that Islam and Muhammad brought to the Arabian folk(i.e Not stoning, architecture skills, etc), and maybe some awesome pics of a Mosque. I mean yeah, I really do like the architecture of certain Mosques, and the mosaics, etc.

I've posted once in the old Islam thread, a few pics of Mosques and mosaics. Haha. Well, maybe I am going to do that myself again, but I thought that you guys might know better where to find these stuff ^^

I am sure that this would convince a lot of people that Islam isn't only bad. That the issue about Islam and terrorists isn't just black and white. ^^

(is on a peace and love rush)

Floetry~
Posted 7/27/08
If some people don't get it yet, Allah means God in Arabic
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/27/08

marie_2902 wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:

Just asking....

Why are there a lot of moslems that believe killing is right in the name of Allah? can you quote the content and give your own interpretation on that?

No offense, just want to know, love you moslems

Nooo,there is no killing in the name of Allah,this is sooo wrong
,in fact,killing is one of the 7 major sins in Islam,it's allowed only when it's about a criminal(if someone killed an other in purpose & with intention to kill,he should be killed for his crime )or for self defense!
the killing in the name of Allah does not exist,i think u mean Jihad,killing in this situation is allowed because you are in a WAR,killing in the battlefeild is allowed as far as i know because you are defending you self,your nation ,your religion!!!


So according your "bible"(Qur'an and something called surah I believe), if someone disagree with the teaching of Muhammad, do you kill them? And if something is threatening the teaching of Islam, do you kill the people? (something like a place to gamble, people who sell pornography magazine, or atheists who actively preach not to believe in God).

And if a country has the majority of moslem, but it has a constitution not based on islam religion. Will you permit killing in the name of God if the situation stated before is "right" according to Islam?

again,... no offense
Posted 7/27/08 , edited 7/27/08
Posting a few pics of architectonical, religious and cultural value.

A mosque is a place of worship for followers of Islam.

Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet Camii), Istanbul - The Blue Mosque is prolly one of the most beautiful mosques in the world
and one of very few to have six minarets.


Really decent. That's how I'd defend and promote my religion.

Floetry~
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.