First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Islam
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 7/27/08 , edited 7/28/08

tweety_cool wrote:


marie_2902 wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:

Just asking....

Why are there a lot of moslems that believe killing is right in the name of Allah? can you quote the content and give your own interpretation on that?

No offense, just want to know, love you moslems

Nooo,there is no killing in the name of Allah,this is sooo wrong
,in fact,killing is one of the 7 major sins in Islam,it's allowed only when it's about a criminal(if someone killed an other in purpose & with intention to kill,he should be killed for his crime )or for self defense!
the killing in the name of Allah does not exist,i think u mean Jihad,killing in this situation is allowed because you are in a WAR,killing in the battlefeild is allowed as far as i know because you are defending you self,your nation ,your religion!!!


So according your "bible"(Qur'an and something called surah I believe), if someone disagree with the teaching of Muhammad, do you kill them? And if something is threatening the teaching of Islam, do you kill the people? (something like a place to gamble, people who sell pornography magazine, or atheists who actively preach not to believe in God).

And if a country has the majority of moslem, but it has a constitution not based on islam religion. Will you permit killing in the name of God if the situation stated before is "right" according to Islam?

again,... no offense


None taken and no we dont kill them if they dont agree (there is no surah verse in the Quran that says "kill" anyone who doesnt follow the teachings of Muhammad(pbuh). There are many muslim countries with different religions who live among them and they arent being killed. (including Saudi). There is a verse in the Quran I dont have time to dig it up but it tells us to respect everyones religion rather they be Christian, Jew, or whatever as long as they are righteous people.

3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 7/28/08 , edited 7/28/08

tweety_cool wrote:


marie_2902 wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:

Just asking....

Why are there a lot of moslems that believe killing is right in the name of Allah? can you quote the content and give your own interpretation on that?

No offense, just want to know, love you moslems

Nooo,there is no killing in the name of Allah,this is sooo wrong
,in fact,killing is one of the 7 major sins in Islam,it's allowed only when it's about a criminal(if someone killed an other in purpose & with intention to kill,he should be killed for his crime )or for self defense!
the killing in the name of Allah does not exist,i think u mean Jihad,killing in this situation is allowed because you are in a WAR,killing in the battlefeild is allowed as far as i know because you are defending you self,your nation ,your religion!!!


So according your "bible"(Qur'an and something called surah I believe), if someone disagree with the teaching of Muhammad, do you kill them? And if something is threatening the teaching of Islam, do you kill the people? (something like a place to gamble, people who sell pornography magazine, or atheists who actively preach not to believe in God).

And if a country has the majority of moslem, but it has a constitution not based on islam religion. Will you permit killing in the name of God if the situation stated before is "right" according to Islam?

again,... no offense

Ok,first question:If someone disagree with the teaching of Mohammed,would he be killed,well,as far as i know,Mohammed himself didn't kill anybody disagreeing with him(only during battles),in fact,he never obliged anyone to believe in him or to switch his religion,i think the case u're talking about is what's called"Ridda",it means you're a muslim & you switch ur religion,in that case,& under some conditions,he's killed,but the punichmint is generally sending him away!
But look to the time when this was happening,it's more than 1400 years,so,switching the religion back then is considered as a threat to all the community!
Second question:if something threating the teaching of Islam,like atheists activities,for muslims,atheism is the biggest sin,because for us God can forgive all the sins,but he won't forgive atheism,so,thinking of protecting people from this seems reasonable,still,killing is not on the list,it's just forbbid these activities,after all,killing someone for what he believes in is wrong
Third question:there are a lot of laique countries & most of people belive in Islam,personnally i think is a interne matter,each country decide what's best for its poeple,& having a laique constitution needs a national survey,so,people decide what they want!!
& Mohammed says:"You know better what's good for your life issues"(i didn't know how to translate it,but life here means this life,not the after life,i mean after death)i hope you understand what i mean.
if u have any more question i 'll do my best to answer!
PS:Surah is a chapter of Quran!!!

16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 7/28/08

tweety_cool wrote:


marie_2902 wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:

Just asking....

Why are there a lot of moslems that believe killing is right in the name of Allah? can you quote the content and give your own interpretation on that?

No offense, just want to know, love you moslems

Nooo,there is no killing in the name of Allah,this is sooo wrong
,in fact,killing is one of the 7 major sins in Islam,it's allowed only when it's about a criminal(if someone killed an other in purpose & with intention to kill,he should be killed for his crime )or for self defense!
the killing in the name of Allah does not exist,i think u mean Jihad,killing in this situation is allowed because you are in a WAR,killing in the battlefeild is allowed as far as i know because you are defending you self,your nation ,your religion!!!


So according your "bible"(Qur'an and something called surah I believe), if someone disagree with the teaching of Muhammad, do you kill them? And if something is threatening the teaching of Islam, do you kill the people? (something like a place to gamble, people who sell pornography magazine, or atheists who actively preach not to believe in God).

And if a country has the majority of moslem, but it has a constitution not based on islam religion. Will you permit killing in the name of God if the situation stated before is "right" according to Islam?

again,... no offense


no, only an idiot would kill someone for disagreeing with their beliefs (like Osama Bin Laden for example).
No, if there's a place to drink, gamble etc. we avoid it. If it's in another person's culture to drink, we don't stop them.

No, killing is not justified even then.

596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Akibahara...........
Offline
Posted 7/28/08 , edited 7/28/08
I have only one question in this thread
Do Muslims consider Osama Bin Laden as a hypocrite,heretic or still a follower of Islam?and why?
Because based on his actions especially 9/11 and terrorist attacks
it seems he gave bad image to Islam and the Muslim people as well

~no offense~
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 7/28/08

Otakufanatic wrote:

I have only one question in this thread
Do Muslims consider Osama Bin Laden as a hypocrite,heretic or still a follower of Islam?and why?
Because based on his actions especially 9/11 and terrorist attacks
it seems he gave bad image to Islam and the Muslim people as well

~no offense~


he's a hypocrite who believes he's a hero. he violated a lot of Islamic laws, so I don't see anything less than hell for him.
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/28/08
For the generous explanation,Thank you

the reason I ask these things because there is a conflict in my country about Islam, as the moslems there are getting more radical and violent. To makes thing worse, some moslem believe in that violent teaching to the point that they believe they are right, making my non-moslem friends believe that it is really what Islam is. I hope it can change for the better.
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 7/28/08

marie_2902 wrote:


1.yes!
2.Yes.in fact,it's not islam is descending from Ismael just like Judaism is not from Izaak,but those two are prophets & considered as the ancetors of Jewish & Muslims!
3.No,killing christians or Jewish or any human being is forbidden is Islam"The one who kills a soul without reason is like he killed the whole human kind"this is in the Coran,the fact is,we should look to the contest,i don't think that anyone will explode himself without having a reason,during the second world war,the Kamikaze excuted suicide attakes against Us army,the suicide bombers feel injustice & threat & usually they have nothing to lose!
we should look to the situation from an other angle,so we can understand the whole picture!
4)Yes,the spiritual Jihad is the ultimate form of Jihad,it's to resist the desire to commit sins & try to be a better person on all the ways!
5)In Islam,every one is responsible of himself,everyone has the power to save himself from hell & to gain God's forgiveness,(No one is punished on the other's sins),connextion between God & the human is private,(God is closer than veins),so,for us salvation is to obey God's orders,believe in God,his angels,his holy books,his prophets,the day of judgement& believe in destiny,not commit sins,& if we do,ask forgiveness with a pure heart,then,he'll forgive us for sue,because God is ashamed to return someone empty handed if he was asked!
One last word,for muslim,"Religion is the way you treat others"so,a muslim must always treat others the way he likes to be treated,if not,he just doesn't know what's islam!

i kinda like it when you said " God is ashamed to return someone empty" coz in christianity, God is generous. Now I know why God is giving.

thanks for the answer.

4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 7/28/08 , edited 7/28/08

Otakufanatic wrote:

I have only one question in this thread
Do Muslims consider Osama Bin Laden as a hypocrite,heretic or still a follower of Islam?and why?
Because based on his actions especially 9/11 and terrorist attacks
it seems he gave bad image to Islam and the Muslim people as well

~no offense~


There are a lot of people who make wrong chocies but we shouldnt blame the religion. USA is far from a perfect country and has high crime rates (which consists of rape, murder, stealing pretty much all of the bad stuff that we try to say other countries do but yet we do it in our back yards as well.) so are we to blame Christianity for this since it is the dominant religion? You can follow a religion but just still be evil inside nobody is perfect. On the 911 question not only muslim but a lot of christians/aethesits/jews dont buy what the government is saying about it so it is hard to say based on his actions on terrorists attacks in the events of 9/11. My thoughts on Osama he doesnt speak for the muslim community, no muslim looks up to him and you gotta remember who put him into to power which was the west. They did the same with the worst of the muslim Sadam but then they wont to go back and try to smear our religion with the two people they funded.
596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Akibahara...........
Offline
Posted 7/29/08

drizza wrote:


Otakufanatic wrote:

I have only one question in this thread
Do Muslims consider Osama Bin Laden as a hypocrite,heretic or still a follower of Islam?and why?
Because based on his actions especially 9/11 and terrorist attacks
it seems he gave bad image to Islam and the Muslim people as well

~no offense~


There are a lot of people who make wrong chocies but we shouldnt blame the religion. USA is far from a perfect country and has high crime rates (which consists of rape, murder, stealing pretty much all of the bad stuff that we try to say other countries do but yet we do it in our back yards as well.) so are we to blame Christianity for this since it is the dominant religion? You can follow a religion but just still be evil inside nobody is perfect. On the 911 question not only muslim but a lot of christians/aethesits/jews dont buy what the government is saying about it so it is hard to say based on his actions on terrorists attacks in the events of 9/11. My thoughts on Osama he doesnt speak for the muslim community, no muslim looks up to him and you gotta remember who put him into to power which was the west. They did the same with the worst of the muslim Sadam but then they wont to go back and try to smear our religion with the two people they funded.


Yah I remember the Afghan-Soviet War during 1980's
It was the U.S and it's Allies that funded the newly-grown Al-Qaeda against the Soviets.
This is because Communism was the only threat to them during that time where they didn't know that the growing extremism of some Muslims are a threat too.Remember the 1979 Iranian Revolution and the growing extremism of the Muslim Brotherhood.Also I was against the intervention of NATO and U.S on the Serbian War.For me U.S and NATO were hypocrites in that intervention.They shouldn't intervened with the Serbian affairs.Also since Christianity is a dominant religion in the world today,we cannot blame the whole Christianity but the hypocrites within Christianity the so-called wannabe Christians.And most of all,Islam as a whole is also not to be blamed but the radicals,extremist and hypocrites within Islam that must be blamed.

~no offense~
3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 7/29/08

alupihan45 wrote:


marie_2902 wrote:


1.yes!
2.Yes.in fact,it's not islam is descending from Ismael just like Judaism is not from Izaak,but those two are prophets & considered as the ancetors of Jewish & Muslims!
3.No,killing christians or Jewish or any human being is forbidden is Islam"The one who kills a soul without reason is like he killed the whole human kind"this is in the Coran,the fact is,we should look to the contest,i don't think that anyone will explode himself without having a reason,during the second world war,the Kamikaze excuted suicide attakes against Us army,the suicide bombers feel injustice & threat & usually they have nothing to lose!
we should look to the situation from an other angle,so we can understand the whole picture!
4)Yes,the spiritual Jihad is the ultimate form of Jihad,it's to resist the desire to commit sins & try to be a better person on all the ways!
5)In Islam,every one is responsible of himself,everyone has the power to save himself from hell & to gain God's forgiveness,(No one is punished on the other's sins),connextion between God & the human is private,(God is closer than veins),so,for us salvation is to obey God's orders,believe in God,his angels,his holy books,his prophets,the day of judgement& believe in destiny,not commit sins,& if we do,ask forgiveness with a pure heart,then,he'll forgive us for sue,because God is ashamed to return someone empty handed if he was asked!
One last word,for muslim,"Religion is the way you treat others"so,a muslim must always treat others the way he likes to be treated,if not,he just doesn't know what's islam!

i kinda like it when you said " God is ashamed to return someone empty" coz in christianity, God is generous. Now I know why God is giving.

thanks for the answer.


You're welcom^^

16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 7/29/08

Otakufanatic wrote:


drizza wrote:


Otakufanatic wrote:

I have only one question in this thread
Do Muslims consider Osama Bin Laden as a hypocrite,heretic or still a follower of Islam?and why?
Because based on his actions especially 9/11 and terrorist attacks
it seems he gave bad image to Islam and the Muslim people as well

~no offense~


There are a lot of people who make wrong chocies but we shouldnt blame the religion. USA is far from a perfect country and has high crime rates (which consists of rape, murder, stealing pretty much all of the bad stuff that we try to say other countries do but yet we do it in our back yards as well.) so are we to blame Christianity for this since it is the dominant religion? You can follow a religion but just still be evil inside nobody is perfect. On the 911 question not only muslim but a lot of christians/aethesits/jews dont buy what the government is saying about it so it is hard to say based on his actions on terrorists attacks in the events of 9/11. My thoughts on Osama he doesnt speak for the muslim community, no muslim looks up to him and you gotta remember who put him into to power which was the west. They did the same with the worst of the muslim Sadam but then they wont to go back and try to smear our religion with the two people they funded.


Yah I remember the Afghan-Soviet War during 1980's
It was the U.S and it's Allies that funded the newly-grown Al-Qaeda against the Soviets.
This is because Communism was the only threat to them during that time where they didn't know that the growing extremism of some Muslims are a threat too.Remember the 1979 Iranian Revolution and the growing extremism of the Muslim Brotherhood.Also I was against the intervention of NATO and U.S on the Serbian War.For me U.S and NATO were hypocrites in that intervention.They shouldn't intervened with the Serbian affairs.Also since Christianity is a dominant religion in the world today,we cannot blame the whole Christianity but the hypocrites within Christianity the so-called wannabe Christians.And most of all,Islam as a whole is also not to be blamed but the radicals,extremist and hypocrites within Islam that must be blamed.

~no offense~


none taken. In fact, you put it very nicely.
Besides, why should we take offense when you comment on the brainwashed hypocrites? They could do better sitting at home and praying than causing a shit storm every 3 minutes.
28715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/08 , edited 8/30/08

Otakufanatic wrote:

I have only one question in this thread
Do Muslims consider Osama Bin Laden as a hypocrite,heretic or still a follower of Islam?and why?
Because based on his actions especially 9/11 and terrorist attacks
it seems he gave bad image to Islam and the Muslim people as well

~no offense~


I am not a member of Islam, but I point out that it probably goes by region, or at least the individual.

Also, = ) thread's looking good so far. This is almost as a "bump"
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/30/08
QuEsTiOn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are the meaning (you may give your own interpretation for this ) of the 5 times prayer?

I-S-L-A-M

thx.
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 8/30/08 , edited 8/30/08

marie_2902 wrote:


alupihan45 wrote:

I have a question about Islam. I have conflicting perception about Islam and kinda afraid to ask a muslim in person getting offended [since the only thing i heard about them in tv and here in the Philippines are they are violent people].

1. Do muslims think that the Christian God and Allah are the same? That the difference is the humanity/deity of Jesus Christ?
2. Is it true that you guys descended from Ishmael, the son of Hagar, the second wife of Abram?
3. Where does this suicide bomber coming from [since they insist its out of religion they are doing it] when they say, " if they kill Christians they go to paradise?"
4, i heard that jihad is not about physical violence but spiritual war, i mean, keeping the faith against all odds, is that true?
5. what is your point of salvation? i mean, us Christians' definition of salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ.

that's it for now

1.yes!
2.Yes.in fact,it's not islam is descending from Ismael just like Judaism is not from Izaak,but those two are prophets & considered as the ancetors of Jewish & Muslims!
3.No,killing christians or Jewish or any human being is forbidden is Islam"The one who kills a soul without reason is like he killed the whole human kind"this is in the Coran,the fact is,we should look to the contest,i don't think that anyone will explode himself without having a reason,during the second world war,the Kamikaze excuted suicide attakes against Us army,the suicide bombers feel injustice & threat & usually they have nothing to lose!
we should look to the situation from an other angle,so we can understand the whole picture!
4)Yes,the spiritual Jihad is the ultimate form of Jihad,it's to resist the desire to commit sins & try to be a better person on all the ways!
5)In Islam,every one is responsible of himself,everyone has the power to save himself from hell & to gain God's forgiveness,(No one is punished on the other's sins),connextion between God & the human is private,(God is closer than veins),so,for us salvation is to obey God's orders,believe in God,his angels,his holy books,his prophets,the day of judgement& believe in destiny,not commit sins,& if we do,ask forgiveness with a pure heart,then,he'll forgive us for sue,because God is ashamed to return someone empty handed if he was asked!
One last word,for muslim,"Religion is the way you treat others"so,a muslim must always treat others the way he likes to be treated,if not,he just doesn't know what's islam!


If all muslims think this way then the world would be a better place. I'm getting sick o
f this extremist attacks in our provinces.

BTW, why is it that muslims are sticklers for the correct pronunciations of sacred things?
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 8/30/08 , edited 8/31/08

Maou068 wrote:


marie_2902 wrote:


alupihan45 wrote:

I have a question about Islam. I have conflicting perception about Islam and kinda afraid to ask a muslim in person getting offended [since the only thing i heard about them in tv and here in the Philippines are they are violent people].

1. Do muslims think that the Christian God and Allah are the same? That the difference is the humanity/deity of Jesus Christ?
2. Is it true that you guys descended from Ishmael, the son of Hagar, the second wife of Abram?
3. Where does this suicide bomber coming from [since they insist its out of religion they are doing it] when they say, " if they kill Christians they go to paradise?"
4, i heard that jihad is not about physical violence but spiritual war, i mean, keeping the faith against all odds, is that true?
5. what is your point of salvation? i mean, us Christians' definition of salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ.

that's it for now

1.yes!
2.Yes.in fact,it's not islam is descending from Ismael just like Judaism is not from Izaak,but those two are prophets & considered as the ancetors of Jewish & Muslims!
3.No,killing christians or Jewish or any human being is forbidden is Islam"The one who kills a soul without reason is like he killed the whole human kind"this is in the Coran,the fact is,we should look to the contest,i don't think that anyone will explode himself without having a reason,during the second world war,the Kamikaze excuted suicide attakes against Us army,the suicide bombers feel injustice & threat & usually they have nothing to lose!
we should look to the situation from an other angle,so we can understand the whole picture!
4)Yes,the spiritual Jihad is the ultimate form of Jihad,it's to resist the desire to commit sins & try to be a better person on all the ways!
5)In Islam,every one is responsible of himself,everyone has the power to save himself from hell & to gain God's forgiveness,(No one is punished on the other's sins),connextion between God & the human is private,(God is closer than veins),so,for us salvation is to obey God's orders,believe in God,his angels,his holy books,his prophets,the day of judgement& believe in destiny,not commit sins,& if we do,ask forgiveness with a pure heart,then,he'll forgive us for sue,because God is ashamed to return someone empty handed if he was asked!
One last word,for muslim,"Religion is the way you treat others"so,a muslim must always treat others the way he likes to be treated,if not,he just doesn't know what's islam!


If all muslims think this way then the world would be a better place. I'm getting sick o
f this extremist attacks in our provinces.

BTW, why is it that muslims are sticklers for the correct pronunciations of sacred things?



Lol that is the most ignorant answer your saying if all muslims thought this way the world would be a better place? I wonder was it the muslims who started WW1 and WW2? Was it the muslims who created the atomic bomb. Your idiotic logic proves nothing. It is not Islam it is human nature who brings about evil. There has been a lot of evil going on in the past before u were even born and this was not done by muslims. If your going to use the world all then say if all humans on this earth thought this way.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.