First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Do any of you read the VIZ manga of Reborn?
Member
71276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Werever Sebastian is
Offline
Posted 7/18/09 , edited 7/18/09
I was expecting Bel's shishishi's to be hehehe but no he has to sound like a frickin monkey.
Prince THE ripper should have been kept
Member
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 7/18/09
Oh no...
Member
26964 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Seattle, Washington
Offline
Posted 7/18/09
No, the Viz one is terrible T__T. I read the latest chapters on One Manga because those are good ^^.
Member
17967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Varia Castle
Offline
Posted 7/18/09
Omgggg >.> So weirddd o.0 Yama called Squalo 'Rapunzel Guy' or something too in the new volume... o.0
68215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/19/09
crunchyroll translations also called Fran -Flan and Jil - Sil too. that REALLY pissed me off lol.
Member
284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Soul society
Offline
Posted 7/19/09
i do i own all that are out (12 currently)
68395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/09

ksigmatt wrote:

crunchyroll translations also called Fran -Flan and Jil - Sil too. that REALLY pissed me off lol.


to be fair it does sound like they are saying flan.
Member
71276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Werever Sebastian is
Offline
Posted 7/19/09

Cheery-o wrote:

Omgggg >.> So weirddd o.0 Yama called Squalo 'Rapunzel Guy' or something too in the new volume... o.0


I will admit, that cracked me up
Member
17967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Varia Castle
Offline
Posted 7/19/09
Yea I kno xD Ehh, I think Fran sounds so much batter tha Flan...o.0
Member
2592 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Magical DreamLand
Offline
Posted 7/20/09

everydaygamer wrote:


ksigmatt wrote:

crunchyroll translations also called Fran -Flan and Jil - Sil too. that REALLY pissed me off lol.


to be fair it does sound like they are saying flan.


FYI, Japanese pronounce 'L' as 'R'. So first when I heard the word reiki, I thought it started with a 'L' so I checked my english-japanese dictionary to find no romaji pronounced as 'L'. I only realised that it was 'R' zzz.


Cheery-o wrote:

Yea I kno xD Ehh, I think Fran sounds so much batter tha Flan...o.0


Agreed. Flan and Fran in english have lots of differences whilst in Japanese, it's the same except for the L and R thing.
Member
247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Namimori Middle S...
Offline
Posted 9/20/09 , edited 9/20/09
I bought the KHR manga simply because I wanted to actually own some KHR novels, but some of the translations simply sadden me.

Juudaime is Boss, they swtich from like, Gokudera to Hayato and Yamamoto to Takeshi, and I just about died when Tsuna said "Holy cheese on rye!"

Plus whenever I think of the word Deathperation, I can only think of someone with a lisp saying Desperation. It is nice to see the crisp art though, and they didn't change it too much. I just wish that they would have left some things in. Also, I would have preferred "Home Tutor REBORN!" to "REBORN!"
Member
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 9/20/09

kateyness wrote:

I bought the KHR manga simply because I wanted to actually own some KHR novels, but some of the translations simply sadden me.

Juudaime is Boss, they swtich from like, Gokudera to Hayato and Yamamoto to Takeshi, and I just about died when Tsuna said "Holy cheese on rye!"

Plus whenever I think of the word Deathperation, I can only think of someone with a lisp saying Desperation. It is nice to see the crisp art though, and they didn't change it too much. I just wish that they would have left some things in. Also, I would have preferred "Home Tutor REBORN!" to "REBORN!"


Wow. That's pretty annoying...
Posted 9/20/09 , edited 9/20/09

kateyness wrote:

I bought the KHR manga simply because I wanted to actually own some KHR novels, but some of the translations simply sadden me.

Juudaime is Boss, they swtich from like, Gokudera to Hayato and Yamamoto to Takeshi, and I just about died when Tsuna said "Holy cheese on rye!"

Plus whenever I think of the word Deathperation, I can only think of someone with a lisp saying Desperation. It is nice to see the crisp art though, and they didn't change it too much. I just wish that they would have left some things in. Also, I would have preferred "Home Tutor REBORN!" to "REBORN!"


Isn't it "Home Tutor Hitman REBORN!"? I don't get why they make it Deathperation either. Dying Will is a much more simple name
Member
71276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Werever Sebastian is
Offline
Posted 9/25/09

kateyness wrote:

I bought the KHR manga simply because I wanted to actually own some KHR novels, but some of the translations simply sadden me.

Juudaime is Boss, they swtich from like, Gokudera to Hayato and Yamamoto to Takeshi, and I just about died when Tsuna said "Holy cheese on rye!"

Plus whenever I think of the word Deathperation, I can only think of someone with a lisp saying Desperation. It is nice to see the crisp art though, and they didn't change it too much. I just wish that they would have left some things in. Also, I would have preferred "Home Tutor REBORN!" to "REBORN!"


They called Gokudera, Hayto, and Yamamoto, Takeshi in the seventh volume, I am so mad they did that. They called Gokudera Hayoto in several volumes including volume 11, you think they would learn that by now, and they keep out the honfics, even in Gintama whhich that translation is far supperior to Reborn's translation
20321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Las Vegas, NV
Offline
Posted 9/28/09
I read WSJ/buy the raw bounds themselves so I wouldn't have to deal with funny (although more "accurate") translations.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.