First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply What You Think of This Group~Born Again
11039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
somewhere over th...
Offline
Posted 8/28/08
I really like this group! =D
We can all talk about God and let out our feelings here.
I feel more at ease, and happier.
Moderator
14744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / FL. But, I (May...
Offline
Posted 8/28/08

cryolyger wrote:

Your pushing the creepyness to a new level, if I find you outside my window...so help me..lol but in all seriousness, if it was bad on our walk with God, would so many be blessed from our experiences here on cr?


Hmmm your in a first floor apr. rigth...Last time I creept up on some ones window on 3rd floor (in Cal.) I fell and started a mag 5.5. O well I love this group and youth and pushyness of their faith. Keep it up
Moderator
14744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / FL. But, I (May...
Offline
Posted 8/28/08

NeonWinter wrote:

I really like this group! =D
We can all talk about God and let out our feelings here.
I feel more at ease, and happier.


Why Thank you....Were here to help you in your faith.
Moderator
3852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / southern california
Offline
Posted 8/28/08
haha no i have a 2 story house ratman, u were spying on RivrStyx lol but hes in canada isnt he. hmmmmm
Moderator
252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Riverside, CA
Offline
Posted 8/31/08
Of my personal comments of groups

The value of free-market internet groups are manifold, in my opinion. There are more freedoms in writing without a publisher: namely that we are not hindered on what we can say and how we can say it. Of course, there are moderators who do limit the power of words therein expressed (for instance, Ratman can stop a person from continuing his argument if he wished, i.e., an arbiter of words). There can always be some form of advantages as well as disadvantages that can lead a person--let alone a Christian--from enjoying and for enjoying any private group or organization.

Of BA Specifically

BA, though an exciting group to have innocent interchange with daily Christians, has a limit. Like an writer, one must presume that men and women are not at the same par with his or her knowledge (the person giving the information). One would even be considered "recondite" or "unintelligible" to the general mass--a person misunderstood en masse.

However, we can here state that there are some pros for this group. The Christian can simply enjoy honest and plain interchange. One can also be unafraid of palpable conversation; one doesn't need to be afraid to ask the most simple question, unlike an open forum which can be intimidating, undermining their knowledge as a whole. There is also an open hand of "openness" with their emotions (though I displace myself here and call it a dangerous pursuit). Too much disclosure, I believe, can be damaging even with the distance the internet procures for the individual.

Hope this helps.

In Pax Christi,
Mr. Julio Martinez, Jr.
Moderator
3852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / southern california
Offline
Posted 8/31/08
I am in full-whole-heartily agree with my brother in Christ jmartinez. I believe even if the vast majority of the group are "baby" Christians, that does not mean that we cannot grow intellectually as well as spiritually. I understand not every word you might say, but I understand the context in which you say it. Words like recondite might through me off from time and again, but the general message is in plain english, and we can simplify to those who do not understand or cannot grasp the meaning of the text.

With that said, back to the subject at hand, I believe B.A. can be used as a blessing and a tool an instrument of God to use as He wills. Just because we are over the internet, does not mean we cannot form bonds with our brothers and Christ, in fact quite the contrary. The older we get, and the more time we spend in the word the more knowledgeable we are and the depth of our conversations can rise. And like the post above me, we should not be afraid to come in with and speak what lay upon our heart. Sometimes its the simplest of words that have the greatest impact. No one should feel intimidated or left out, and we should all feel the need to contribute. After all what's the point if its not for The Kingdom?!

Christus rex est - Christi crux est mea lux,

Cry
Member
726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 9/8/08
Hello everyone. I'm new to the group and i feel that this is a nice group. The fact of being in groups is about fellowship and the fact that we could share our ideas and values. We could even pray for one another inn regards to any problems. God Bless!
Posted 9/13/08
I think this is a great group! :D
I'm glad, and I have a feeling that there are some people around CR
Lurking around the group, because they are curious to find out more about Jesus Christ
Moderator
14744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / FL. But, I (May...
Offline
Posted 9/14/08

sn0wflak3x wrote:

I think this is a great group! :D
I'm glad, and I have a feeling that there are some people around CR
Lurking around the group, because they are curious to find out more about Jesus Christ :)


Hey I am the only one alowed to lurk around here....But you wellcom, we try to show Jesus love here.
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 9/17/08 , edited 9/17/08
The group is fantastic. I can give some descent advice to people through here that I couldn't send anywhere else. The debating is good still, and we are still trying to reach to people.
Member
3109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / house # 0166
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
i wonder why no one has replied to this forum topic for so long now......

so...as for me...



two thumbs up, nice job, or good work doesn't even begin to describe how i feel about this group..^____^ thank God i found this group..hmmm, i'm so glad i met people here who i can confide to when i have problems and who confide in me too,people who prays for me and asks for me to pray for them too, people who would understand why i do not swear or lie, people who i can share God's blessings with..people who would not find me ridiculous when i tell them i read the Bible every single day..really, great people, worthy to be remembered in my death bed..[okay,mj,stop it..ur beginning to be senti now..hahah..]......to God be the glory..^_____^

p.s. i considered the 'group' as the people who are in it rather than the # of forum topics, pics, members not even the CR points..
Member
6921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / philippines
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
I love this group. This can really help me in my spiritual growth. We can fellowship together.
Moderator
14744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / FL. But, I (May...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

ygirl07 wrote:

I love this group. This can really help me in my spiritual growth. We can fellowship together.


Yes we can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/5/09 , edited 1/5/09
A lot of questions and problems come up on Born Again that challenge my faith and help me find answers to issues that I normally wouldn't think of. It's wonderful to be able to pray for others and to help others with their problems. After all, that's why God put us here on this Earth.
I love the spiritual and mental growth i obtain from communing with other believers and nonbelievers online and I think that it's amazing that the Word of God can spread so easily through technological findings like the internet! Almost everyone is able to hear the good news of Jesus Christ and his death upon a cross to save us of our sins; just by the click of a mouse! I'm glad to be a part of spreading His love to others...just the idea of helping others that I might not ever meet in real life is astounding...God truly works in miraculous ways...
Moderator
14744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / FL. But, I (May...
Offline
Posted 1/5/09

AburaiRukia wrote:

A lot of questions and problems come up on Born Again that challenge my faith and help me find answers to issues that I normally wouldn't think of. It's wonderful to be able to pray for others and to help others with their problems. After all, that's why God put us here on this Earth.
I love the spiritual and mental growth i obtain from communing with other believers and nonbelievers online and I think that it's amazing that the Word of God can spread so easily through technological findings like the internet! Almost everyone is able to hear the good news of Jesus Christ and his death upon a cross to save us of our sins; just by the click of a mouse! I'm glad to be a part of spreading His love to others...just the idea of helping others that I might not ever meet in real life is astounding...God truly works in miraculous ways...


AMEN......where else can teenager talk on = footing with a old (and maybe wise) man.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.