First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Is America going to another depression?
81952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / West Coast, USA
Offline
Posted 7/7/08

casualbrutality wrote:


AHTL wrote:

What are the current gas prices in America?


Nearly five dollars a gallon for the shitty stuff.


Depends more on where in America you live. Since I've heard it being only 3+change in some states but when you compare costs of living its turns out to be about the same. Since california isn't exactly a cheap place to live in.
Posted 7/7/08
What people can do is to learn how to ride a bike and stop spending their money so frivolously >.>
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 7/7/08 , edited 7/7/08

casualbrutality wrote:


AHTL wrote:

What are the current gas prices in America?


Nearly five dollars a gallon for the shitty stuff.


I checked the dollar's value in Norwegian, converted gallon into litre and go this.


For almost 5 dollar you get 3.7854118 litres.

5 dollar = 25 Norwegian Kroner

That means you pay 6,6 Norwegian Kroner per litre.

The gas price where I live in Norway is almost 15 Norwegian Kroner per litre.

So in Norway, for 0.26 gallons we pay 2.94019 USD
Posted 7/7/08

Shmookle wrote:


casualbrutality wrote:


AHTL wrote:

What are the current gas prices in America?


Nearly five dollars a gallon for the shitty stuff.


Depends more on where in America you live. Since I've heard it being only 3+change in some states but when you compare costs of living its turns out to be about the same. Since california isn't exactly a cheap place to live in.


Well, of course. I simply gave information relative to my location.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 7/7/08
Don't think American is going to another depression, and if they are - they are wuzzies. Because almost everything in Norway is more expensive than in America - and we ain't planning on breaking emotionally down.
42015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Fort Meade, MD
Offline
Posted 7/7/08 , edited 7/7/08

Shmookle wrote:


Alter-Divide wrote:

America won't go into a depression; America isn't the only country that is suffering from the oil price hikes; Other countries are getting more disadvantages than America; They can always cut back on the military expenses that were used in unnecessary wars. I believe a great sum of surplussed funds will come from that.


Sadly, America is in a depression but it doesn't really compare to the worst depression we've ever had in the past or the depression that other countries go thru.

As far as cutting military expenses, well there are things that could be done and things that will be done. There are likely to be alot of budget cutting they could do from certain areas but that actually happening is a totally different story.


It's not a depression, it's called a recession... the stock market is in a massive fluxuation period, the way a depression is defined is a continued or complete stock market downslide..
My stocks are still making money... so it's actually better then people think.\



thenatureofthings wrote:

What people can do is to learn how to ride a bike and stop spending their money so frivolously >.>


To maintain our economy people NEED to spend their money frivoulously..

Without the extra spending then the smaller non-necessity items and jobs go out the window, and it furthers the country's need for social reform/programs.

If people spent their money like normal and didn't hoarde it, the economy would be fine.

However, when certain staples increase in price, people tend to do the opposite of what they need to.
Posted 7/7/08 , edited 7/7/08
We are in a recession already, Lol we have been in a recession for a pretty long time and so many people don't even notice even though it has had pretty big effects on us. Oh well that's the kind of world we live in... children these days are quite lucky in my opinion.

And no... if we're going to go into another depression I'm moving out of the USA, dumbasses better not repeat the mistakes we made in history.
Posted 7/7/08
I have a lot of my family emigrated to America and are still living there are actually moving back as its to expensive to live there now, that and they said it has got so rough and dangerous for their kids
Posted 7/7/08
good!
2924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / in front of computer
Offline
Posted 7/7/08

casualbrutality wrote:


AHTL wrote:

What are the current gas prices in America?


Nearly five dollars a gallon for the shitty stuff.


The bad thing is that most people need that stuff and it is costing them a fortune to get to point A to point B.
95 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Irving, TX
Offline
Posted 7/7/08
Well, let's see. If the stock market goes crazy, it's definitely history repeating itself.


Isn't that creepy?
11519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Nueva York
Offline
Posted 7/7/08
no we're not in a depression.
its called a recession
1784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / F
Offline
Posted 7/7/08
Not only America. Even Canada's gas price went up and other stuff too.
2688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/7/08

Dusterbayala wrote:


Shmookle wrote:


Alter-Divide wrote:

America won't go into a depression; America isn't the only country that is suffering from the oil price hikes; Other countries are getting more disadvantages than America; They can always cut back on the military expenses that were used in unnecessary wars. I believe a great sum of surplussed funds will come from that.


Sadly, America is in a depression but it doesn't really compare to the worst depression we've ever had in the past or the depression that other countries go thru.

As far as cutting military expenses, well there are things that could be done and things that will be done. There are likely to be alot of budget cutting they could do from certain areas but that actually happening is a totally different story.


It's not a depression, it's called a recession... the stock market is in a massive fluxuation period, the way a depression is defined is a continued or complete stock market downslide..
My stocks are still making money... so it's actually better then people think.\



thenatureofthings wrote:

What people can do is to learn how to ride a bike and stop spending their money so frivolously >.>


To maintain our economy people NEED to spend their money frivoulously..

Without the extra spending then the smaller non-necessity items and jobs go out the window, and it furthers the country's need for social reform/programs.

If people spent their money like normal and didn't hoarde it, the economy would be fine.

However, when certain staples increase in price, people tend to do the opposite of what they need to.


Agreed!
28337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Interweb
Offline
Posted 7/7/08
well the prices are going up worldwide because of the food and fuel shortages. if it does go into a depression it won't be hit as hard as other places. The U.S could save a lot of money if they quit having wars with everything..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.