First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you think America should legalize Marijuana?
15596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
113 / F / 不能说的秘密
Offline
Posted 5/11/09
nope...
Posted 5/11/09
Helll NO !

Children suffer become there parents are on drugs or alcoholics !!!
83501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Between reality a...
Offline
Posted 5/23/09
No. That might make people feel more encouraged. -_-;;
17888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/26/10 , edited 1/26/10

darkforcex10 wrote:

No way, its bad for yoou >;P


Wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GSIkeWcFQ


Its not bed for you.. At that Caffeine has been shown to be more harmful to you than Marijuana.



CallmeHoku wrote:

Helll NO !

Children suffer become there parents are on drugs or alcoholics !!!


Not from marijuana, read up on the facts bub.. Marijuana is less harmful for you than some of the food we eat. At that people who smoke are less likely to get lung cancer than people who do not smoke at all.
1260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 1/26/10
Honestly I really don't care.
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/27/10

hreoloenney wrote:

I think yes, because when it's legalized, then people don't have to hide it... and those who do use marijuana now can pay tax when it is legalized.
But because it is legalized, those who used to hide it, won't want to do it as much because it is legalized.
That's what I think.


Your logic is okay, but the problem is that legalizing something dangerous doesn't really lower its general consumption. Look at alcohol and cigarettes. Alcohol used to be illegal in the US but because of an argument similar to yours it no longer is. In spite of growing alcoholism among younger and younger people and the increase of deaths due to alcohol having a beer with buddies or wine with supper it seen as socially acceptable -- under some circumstances people even feel pressured into partaking because of their peers.

Marijuana is a dangerous and addictive drug. It is also the first step toward hard drugs. If we legalize marijuana, what's next ? the legalization of cocaine? crystal meth? etc.? I've heard so many young people say "Ah marijuana's not addictive -- I can quit any time I want." Yet when it comes right down to it they don't quit, and they slowly get dumber and dumber. It's not something noticeable for a long time, but as their brain cells continue to die of suffocation with each use it eventually effects their ability to think and reason.

My younger sister started on marijuana when she was 17. By the time she was 18 she was using cocaine and LSD. By the time she was 19 she was hooked on crystal meth. By the time she was 20 she had been in and out of jail for possession and just being in the wrong place at the wrong time -- oh, and all of her teeth had rotted in her head from the drug use. SO by the time she was 21 she had full dentures and was in rehab for 8 months. Thankfully she's been clean for 5 years now. But seeing her go through all that -- seeing my parents go through all that -- really solidified this idea that not even "soft" drugs should be legal.

On a final note -- Just beacuse something is legal, doesn't make it right!
Posted 1/27/10
Dooesn't matter. Doesn't affect me either way...
137660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 1/27/10
No.
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/27/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


darkforcex10 wrote:

No way, its bad for yoou >;P


Wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GSIkeWcFQ


Its not bed for you.. At that Caffeine has been shown to be more harmful to you than Marijuana.



CallmeHoku wrote:

Helll NO !

Children suffer become there parents are on drugs or alcoholics !!!


Not from marijuana, read up on the facts bub.. Marijuana is less harmful for you than some of the food we eat. At that people who smoke are less likely to get lung cancer than people who do not smoke at all.


Why don't you double check your facts here: http://www.drugabuse.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html , http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm , http://health.howstuffworks.com/marijuana4.htm

There are many other sites that give a detailed list of the harmful effects of marijuana. Maybe you'll even change your opinion after you see the cold, hard data. There's nothing like the truth to shine light on a subject.
17888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/27/10

meezermex wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


darkforcex10 wrote:

No way, its bad for yoou >;P


Wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GSIkeWcFQ


Its not bed for you.. At that Caffeine has been shown to be more harmful to you than Marijuana.



CallmeHoku wrote:

Helll NO !

Children suffer become there parents are on drugs or alcoholics !!!


Not from marijuana, read up on the facts bub.. Marijuana is less harmful for you than some of the food we eat. At that people who smoke are less likely to get lung cancer than people who do not smoke at all.


Why don't you double check your facts here: http://www.drugabuse.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html , http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm , http://health.howstuffworks.com/marijuana4.htm

There are many other sites that give a detailed list of the harmful effects of marijuana. Maybe you'll even change your opinion after you see the cold, hard data. There's nothing like the truth to shine light on a subject.
"

"Shakes head"
first do not use NIDA There a government run program used to fight drugs, there funding is largely based on claiming drugs are bad, there not a research group nor-do they get there information from any form of science. There a political group who agenda is making money off of enforcing drug laws even wen the evidence is propaganda and well known false claims.


http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/
The sites you posted did not use real science for there claims but instead used propaganda information to further there agenda.

Evidence for NIDA propaganda and false claims. http://blog.austindefense.com/2007/01/articles/war-on-drugs/nida-and-wikipedia-the-definition-of-propaganda/
21223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/27/10
Yeah.
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/27/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


meezermex wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


darkforcex10 wrote:

No way, its bad for yoou >;P


Wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GSIkeWcFQ


Its not bed for you.. At that Caffeine has been shown to be more harmful to you than Marijuana.



CallmeHoku wrote:

Helll NO !

Children suffer become there parents are on drugs or alcoholics !!!


Not from marijuana, read up on the facts bub.. Marijuana is less harmful for you than some of the food we eat. At that people who smoke are less likely to get lung cancer than people who do not smoke at all.


Why don't you double check your facts here: http://www.drugabuse.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html , http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm , http://health.howstuffworks.com/marijuana4.htm

There are many other sites that give a detailed list of the harmful effects of marijuana. Maybe you'll even change your opinion after you see the cold, hard data. There's nothing like the truth to shine light on a subject.
"

"Shakes head"
first do not use NIDA There a government run program used to fight drugs, there funding is largely based on claiming drugs are bad, there not a research group nor-do they get there information from any form of science. There a political group who agenda is making money off of enforcing drug laws even wen the evidence is propaganda and well known false claims.


http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/
The sites you posted did not use real science for there claims but instead used propaganda information to further there agenda.

Evidence for NIDA propaganda and false claims. http://blog.austindefense.com/2007/01/articles/war-on-drugs/nida-and-wikipedia-the-definition-of-propaganda/


No amount of truth will convince he who is determined to believe a falsehood.

If you don't trust the links then lets say I've had the experience of seeing marijuana ruin the lives of people around me. It was the crossover drug that led my sister into many other drugs and nearly killed her. Some fools even state that marijuana was used in Biblical incense, but since the Bible is pretty clear about that I don't believe their million and one mis-quoting websites.
17888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/27/10

meezermex wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


meezermex wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


darkforcex10 wrote:

No way, its bad for yoou >;P


Wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GSIkeWcFQ


Its not bed for you.. At that Caffeine has been shown to be more harmful to you than Marijuana.



CallmeHoku wrote:

Helll NO !

Children suffer become there parents are on drugs or alcoholics !!!


Not from marijuana, read up on the facts bub.. Marijuana is less harmful for you than some of the food we eat. At that people who smoke are less likely to get lung cancer than people who do not smoke at all.


Why don't you double check your facts here: http://www.drugabuse.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html , http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm , http://health.howstuffworks.com/marijuana4.htm

There are many other sites that give a detailed list of the harmful effects of marijuana. Maybe you'll even change your opinion after you see the cold, hard data. There's nothing like the truth to shine light on a subject.
"

"Shakes head"
first do not use NIDA There a government run program used to fight drugs, there funding is largely based on claiming drugs are bad, there not a research group nor-do they get there information from any form of science. There a political group who agenda is making money off of enforcing drug laws even wen the evidence is propaganda and well known false claims.


http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/
The sites you posted did not use real science for there claims but instead used propaganda information to further there agenda.

Evidence for NIDA propaganda and false claims. http://blog.austindefense.com/2007/01/articles/war-on-drugs/nida-and-wikipedia-the-definition-of-propaganda/


No amount of truth will convince he who is determined to believe a falsehood.

If you don't trust the links then lets say I've had the experience of seeing marijuana ruin the lives of people around me. It was the crossover drug that led my sister into many other drugs and nearly killed her. Some fools even state that marijuana was used in Biblical incense, but since the Bible is pretty clear about that I don't believe their million and one mis-quoting websites.


The leading scientists on Drug abuse has already pointed out that both Beer, and Cigarettes are a larger Gateway drug than Marijuana. At that..... I have a friend who Are Scientist who spent there younger years as what you call a pot head. He still smokes, yet he is one of the most brilliant people I know.
'Do not blame marijuana for something she was most likely going to do no matter what.'
she most likely did marijuana do to peer pressure, she most likely got into the heavy drugs do to the same thing! PEER PRESSURE not because of pot. That is just Scapegoating. One of the major mistakes people make is listening to propaganda type scapegoating.
Example: 99%of all pregnant people in the world have at one time in there life eaten Ice cream, And so Ice cream leads to pregnancy. This is the same scapegoating propaganda that is used to say Marijuana is bad!




wfg
1178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/27/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


meezermex wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


meezermex wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


darkforcex10 wrote:

No way, its bad for yoou >;P


Wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GSIkeWcFQ


Its not bed for you.. At that Caffeine has been shown to be more harmful to you than Marijuana.



CallmeHoku wrote:

Helll NO !

Children suffer become there parents are on drugs or alcoholics !!!


Not from marijuana, read up on the facts bub.. Marijuana is less harmful for you than some of the food we eat. At that people who smoke are less likely to get lung cancer than people who do not smoke at all.


Why don't you double check your facts here: http://www.drugabuse.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html , http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm , http://health.howstuffworks.com/marijuana4.htm

There are many other sites that give a detailed list of the harmful effects of marijuana. Maybe you'll even change your opinion after you see the cold, hard data. There's nothing like the truth to shine light on a subject.
"

"Shakes head"
first do not use NIDA There a government run program used to fight drugs, there funding is largely based on claiming drugs are bad, there not a research group nor-do they get there information from any form of science. There a political group who agenda is making money off of enforcing drug laws even wen the evidence is propaganda and well known false claims.


http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/
The sites you posted did not use real science for there claims but instead used propaganda information to further there agenda.

Evidence for NIDA propaganda and false claims. http://blog.austindefense.com/2007/01/articles/war-on-drugs/nida-and-wikipedia-the-definition-of-propaganda/


No amount of truth will convince he who is determined to believe a falsehood.

If you don't trust the links then lets say I've had the experience of seeing marijuana ruin the lives of people around me. It was the crossover drug that led my sister into many other drugs and nearly killed her. Some fools even state that marijuana was used in Biblical incense, but since the Bible is pretty clear about that I don't believe their million and one mis-quoting websites.


The leading scientists on Drug abuse has already pointed out that both Beer, and Cigarettes are a larger Gateway drug than Marijuana. At that..... I have a friend who Are Scientist who spent there younger years as what you call a pot head. He still smokes, yet he is one of the most brilliant people I know.
'Do not blame marijuana for something she was most likely going to do no matter what.'
she most likely did marijuana do to peer pressure, she most likely got into the heavy drugs do to the same thing! PEER PRESSURE not because of pot. That is just Scapegoating. One of the major mistakes people make is listening to propaganda type scapegoating.
Example: 99%of all pregnant people in the world have at one time in there life eaten Ice cream, And so Ice cream leads to pregnancy. This is the same scapegoating propaganda that is used to say Marijuana is bad!






lets not overlook logic here.

to get weed, you have to purchase it illegally from dealers (except for the medical marijuana shops in CA, but thats just 1 exception for medical reasons only). these dealers are $$$ profit makers. most of these dealers sell the harder drugs as well, anybody who has been involved in this would know and agree. like a good salesman, its a great strategy to get new customers hooked on weed before trying to sell them the hard stuff. its like getting someone started on beer before getting them into whiskey or rum. i mean come on, put yourself in a drug dealer's shoes. its a business. if you try to sell cocaine right off the bat to new users you're not gonna get them hooked. you have to get them comfortable first, then stick them with the hard drugs and then have long-time regulars. big money in the industry is made off getting new users (teenagers) hooked and turned into regulars. weed is the perfect tool to get them started, because its socially acceptable among teenagers. so to say the drug isn't a gateway drug is nonsense, because its just foolish to only consider the addict's perspective, and not the dealer's perspective.

that aside, i don't smoke weed, nor will i ever. but i'd rather see the profits of this industry go back into the american economy than to go off to the drug cartels in mexico. i support the idea of legalizing weed. at least it would create some new jobs, unlike obama's spending spree.
17888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/27/10

wfg wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


meezermex wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


meezermex wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


darkforcex10 wrote:

No way, its bad for yoou >;P


Wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GSIkeWcFQ


Its not bed for you.. At that Caffeine has been shown to be more harmful to you than Marijuana.



CallmeHoku wrote:

Helll NO !

Children suffer become there parents are on drugs or alcoholics !!!


Not from marijuana, read up on the facts bub.. Marijuana is less harmful for you than some of the food we eat. At that people who smoke are less likely to get lung cancer than people who do not smoke at all.


Why don't you double check your facts here: http://www.drugabuse.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html , http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm , http://health.howstuffworks.com/marijuana4.htm

There are many other sites that give a detailed list of the harmful effects of marijuana. Maybe you'll even change your opinion after you see the cold, hard data. There's nothing like the truth to shine light on a subject.
"

"Shakes head"
first do not use NIDA There a government run program used to fight drugs, there funding is largely based on claiming drugs are bad, there not a research group nor-do they get there information from any form of science. There a political group who agenda is making money off of enforcing drug laws even wen the evidence is propaganda and well known false claims.


http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/
The sites you posted did not use real science for there claims but instead used propaganda information to further there agenda.

Evidence for NIDA propaganda and false claims. http://blog.austindefense.com/2007/01/articles/war-on-drugs/nida-and-wikipedia-the-definition-of-propaganda/


No amount of truth will convince he who is determined to believe a falsehood.

If you don't trust the links then lets say I've had the experience of seeing marijuana ruin the lives of people around me. It was the crossover drug that led my sister into many other drugs and nearly killed her. Some fools even state that marijuana was used in Biblical incense, but since the Bible is pretty clear about that I don't believe their million and one mis-quoting websites.


The leading scientists on Drug abuse has already pointed out that both Beer, and Cigarettes are a larger Gateway drug than Marijuana. At that..... I have a friend who Are Scientist who spent there younger years as what you call a pot head. He still smokes, yet he is one of the most brilliant people I know.
'Do not blame marijuana for something she was most likely going to do no matter what.'
she most likely did marijuana do to peer pressure, she most likely got into the heavy drugs do to the same thing! PEER PRESSURE not because of pot. That is just Scapegoating. One of the major mistakes people make is listening to propaganda type scapegoating.
Example: 99%of all pregnant people in the world have at one time in there life eaten Ice cream, And so Ice cream leads to pregnancy. This is the same scapegoating propaganda that is used to say Marijuana is bad!






lets not overlook logic here.

to get weed, you have to purchase it illegally from dealers (except for the medical marijuana shops in CA, but thats just 1 exception for medical reasons only). these dealers are $$$ profit makers. most of these dealers sell the harder drugs as well, anybody who has been involved in this would know and agree. like a good salesman, its a great strategy to get new customers hooked on weed before trying to sell them the hard stuff. its like getting someone started on beer before getting them into whiskey or rum. i mean come on, put yourself in a drug dealer's shoes. its a business. if you try to sell cocaine right off the bat to new users you're not gonna get them hooked. you have to get them comfortable first, then stick them with the hard drugs and then have long-time regulars. big money in the industry is made off getting new users (teenagers) hooked and turned into regulars. weed is the perfect tool to get them started, because its socially acceptable among teenagers. so to say the drug isn't a gateway drug is nonsense, because its just foolish to only consider the addict's perspective, and not the dealer's perspective.

that aside, i don't smoke weed, nor will i ever. but i'd rather see the profits of this industry go back into the american economy than to go off to the drug cartels in mexico. i support the idea of legalizing weed. at least it would create some new jobs, unlike obama's spending spree.



You forget a few factors. If weed was legal there would be no need to go to a drug dealer (so they can not try pushing other drugs onto you through it.) so we can make are own pot farm. ( on another note there is nothing in marijuana that is addicting..) The only addiction in the sense from marijuana is the same type you get from playing video games. So they can not get you hooked on pot. Unless there adding other drugs to it. Another resin why they should legalize it.
I stand on the fact it is not a gateway drug. And some of the most well known greatest minds in the science world in this field agree that its not a gate way drug no more than coffee is.


In early Americans history yes Marijuana was the largest cash crop in are country.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.