First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
vampire knight being dubbed!
16946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Forest filled wit...
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
nooooooooo they cnt dub it
they will ruin it with their fake voices
the only reason y it would be a good idea is because then they will sell the dvd....lol
5373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / on the computer
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
The voices are horrible, I like eng. subbed.
3996 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / home :)
Offline
Posted 7/8/08 , edited 7/8/08

Urban_Ninja wrote:


annafeera wrote:

i've been reading other comments and i dont get it why some people mentioned that once an anime is dubbed (in this case, VK) , it's going to be licensed? what dubbing has got to do with licensing the anime? can somebody explain please?


To license the anime basically means that an English Company, like Viz Media, or Funimation, is allowed to take the anime and dub it over in english. It's like if you want to turn a book into a movie, you have to gain the rights to it from the original author.

The licensing comes first. Essentially, it's asking for permission, because the companies that create the anime are Japanese. Make sense? ^_^


so the Japanese are licensing the anime only for the English company..which makes the anime unavailable to be aired/uploaded somewhere that is not under the english company? is that what you mean?

that's horrible for the fans Image

by the way sorry for my confusing english

42015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Fort Meade, MD
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
Sadly this was supposed to be out months ago, but they had a problem with the voting of the dub voices...

(was actually pretty damned funny - I had to put my 2 cents in and give them all shit about putting female voices to male characters... it was just... creepy... zero needs to sound sexy.. and with a female voice? can we say ew?)

But anyway, the dubs themselves aren't done all that bad, just the voices they chose, make me want to wretch.
1096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
Oh boy...not liking dubs as a whole is kinda being a weeaboo. Not all dubs suck cause I'm sure you haven't heard every single dub ever made in english. Maybe it will be good, maybe it won't.
Posted 7/8/08
I haven't found any information confirming this. If it was dubbed then it would licensed and we wouldn't be able to watch it. Though I do agree with Urban_Ninja that most likely that Viz Media that dubs VK since they did release the manga in North America (Full Moon wo Sagashite should come to mind on something like this)

If it is dubbed then I'll watch it. Dubs these days are getting better. But as always, to truly judge I'll have to watch to watch it when it comes out
1096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 7/8/08

Urban_Ninja wrote:

Before an anime is dubbed it has to be licensed, usually by a company such as Viz Media or Funimation. Since Viz Media has licensed and publishes the manga here in North America, it is most likely that they will be dubbing it. Vampire Knight came out just recently as an anime. If Viz Media had acquired the license then we would see it dissappear from this site, and there probably would have been an annoucement or something. The information is therefore false.

That's the natural way of things. Besides, there's nothing really wrong with dubs these days. The Companies are really taking note of what the fans think and are trying to tailor the anime to be as close to the original Japanese as they can. And most Anime DVDs contain a dual-audio track with english subtitles. In other words, you can buy the DVD and still have the original Japanese. No one said you had to watch the english version.



Finally a level headed person here. It's so annoying when people say all dubs suck. Yes some do, but nowadays alot don't.
160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 7/8/08 , edited 7/8/08
I prefer the subs better becuase it makes your brain work twince as fast. You have to read quickly, understand the words, and put them into the image all at the same time. Some of the anime series that are dubbed have the voices screw up to a point from no return. Other anime series have the voice turn out better then the original. If they truly wish to dub the voices, they could make a contest and give samples of different voices for the characters. Let the people chose the voices, that way the anime itself will not lose it's popularity.
981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Places
Offline
Posted 7/8/08 , edited 7/8/08
I hate dubs. Whenever I listen to a dubbed anime that I liked the main characters usually sound really really crappy and I don't want to look at that anime anymore. In tokyo mew mew ichigo sounded more like umm.. sorry to say but a b****.

Don't get me wrong, some dubs were pretty good and matched some of the original voices. It's just that the changes makes me feel like I don't know this anime anymore. Or something like that. I guess I just like the originals.
19060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Deeper Mongolia
Offline
Posted 7/8/08

annafeera wrote:


Urban_Ninja wrote:


annafeera wrote:

i've been reading other comments and i dont get it why some people mentioned that once an anime is dubbed (in this case, VK) , it's going to be licensed? what dubbing has got to do with licensing the anime? can somebody explain please?


To license the anime basically means that an English Company, like Viz Media, or Funimation, is allowed to take the anime and dub it over in english. It's like if you want to turn a book into a movie, you have to gain the rights to it from the original author.

The licensing comes first. Essentially, it's asking for permission, because the companies that create the anime are Japanese. Make sense? ^_^


so the Japanese are licensing the anime only for the English company..which makes the anime unavailable to be aired/uploaded somewhere that is not under the english company? is that what you mean?

that's horrible for the fans Image

by the way sorry for my confusing english



Don't worry about it.

Yes.

Once an anime is licensed in English (Or Spanish, or French, whatever language. I'm just most familier with english) it becomes illegal to sub it because that takes away profit from the Companies . It's Piracy, and it's illegal. Most unlicensed anime is able to exist under the radar because the subs are free.

It is bad for the fans image, but at the same time, the best way to remedy is to buy the dvds and show your support that way.
3543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / DUH!! earth doesn...
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
nooo i personally don't like dubbs.!! i prefer subbed ^.~
3996 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / home :)
Offline
Posted 7/8/08

Urban_Ninja wrote:


annafeera wrote:


Urban_Ninja wrote:


annafeera wrote:

i've been reading other comments and i dont get it why some people mentioned that once an anime is dubbed (in this case, VK) , it's going to be licensed? what dubbing has got to do with licensing the anime? can somebody explain please?


To license the anime basically means that an English Company, like Viz Media, or Funimation, is allowed to take the anime and dub it over in english. It's like if you want to turn a book into a movie, you have to gain the rights to it from the original author.

The licensing comes first. Essentially, it's asking for permission, because the companies that create the anime are Japanese. Make sense? ^_^


so the Japanese are licensing the anime only for the English company..which makes the anime unavailable to be aired/uploaded somewhere that is not under the english company? is that what you mean?

that's horrible for the fans Image

by the way sorry for my confusing english



Don't worry about it.

Yes.

Once an anime is licensed in English (Or Spanish, or French, whatever language. I'm just most familier with english) it becomes illegal to sub it because that takes away profit from the Companies . It's Piracy, and it's illegal. Most unlicensed anime is able to exist under the radar because the subs are free.

It is bad for the fans image, but at the same time, the best way to remedy is to buy the dvds and show your support that way.


oh okay then
it's clear now
thanks ^__^
19060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Deeper Mongolia
Offline
Posted 7/8/08

annafeera wrote:


Urban_Ninja wrote:


annafeera wrote:


Urban_Ninja wrote:


annafeera wrote:

i've been reading other comments and i dont get it why some people mentioned that once an anime is dubbed (in this case, VK) , it's going to be licensed? what dubbing has got to do with licensing the anime? can somebody explain please?


To license the anime basically means that an English Company, like Viz Media, or Funimation, is allowed to take the anime and dub it over in english. It's like if you want to turn a book into a movie, you have to gain the rights to it from the original author.

The licensing comes first. Essentially, it's asking for permission, because the companies that create the anime are Japanese. Make sense? ^_^


so the Japanese are licensing the anime only for the English company..which makes the anime unavailable to be aired/uploaded somewhere that is not under the english company? is that what you mean?

that's horrible for the fans Image

by the way sorry for my confusing english



Don't worry about it.

Yes.

Once an anime is licensed in English (Or Spanish, or French, whatever language. I'm just most familier with english) it becomes illegal to sub it because that takes away profit from the Companies . It's Piracy, and it's illegal. Most unlicensed anime is able to exist under the radar because the subs are free.

It is bad for the fans image, but at the same time, the best way to remedy is to buy the dvds and show your support that way.


oh okay then
it's clear now
thanks ^__^


No problem. Glad I could help ^_^

Posted 7/8/08
yea most of the time dubs suck
1.they dont match the characters lips as well
2.loss of emotion
3.they dont sound rite o___o
the only dubbed i liked wuhs death note yagami light
japanese was wayyyyy better but the american guy wuhsnt half bad
81952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / West Coast, USA
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
Professional dubs can be pretty decent/good but it varies depending on the group/company. Dubs today aren't the same as they were 5-10 years ago. I know there have been alot of bad dubs but I don't think people give credit to the ones that are pretty decent/good. Personally, I like the option of having being able to watch it in dub & sub form when buying DVDs (and i do buy alot). Tho I'm not to fond of the new sub only releases, since I don't see them as being any different from a fansub that I have to pay for...


Fan dubs on the other hand... I don't think I've ever heard one that doesn't involve me crying afterwards.... Its kind of like comparing the tryouts for american idol with an actual professional singer.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.