First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Get Rid Of Racism/Political Correctness
724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

General_che_01 wrote:

...if someones racist toward me, im racist back.


Making you no better than the person who is racist against you.



You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.
You Call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'
'Whitey,' 'Caveman' ...


Has this actually happened to you?



But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head,
Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ...
You call me a racist.


That's because calling people those things is, indeed, racist.



so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?


Poverty and institutional racism. Institutional racism means that blacks are the last hired and the first fired, this results in economic disparity. Also, you need money to make money. Many poor people inherit their poverty, they can't afford college, and without a college education, there's little hope of escaping that poverty. Perhaps you've heard the phrase "desperate people render desperate deeds." Wherever you find a poor urban neighborhood, black, white, Asian, whatever else, there will be crime.



You have the United Negro College Fund.


Because blacks are disproportionately poorer than whites, and as I stated above, poor people often can't afford to pay for college on their own.



You have Martin Luther King Day.


Why not? He was a hero by any definition. He risked and ultimately lost his life trying to correct a vast injustice which not only persecuted blacks, but degraded all humans.



You have Black History Month.


...and 11 White History Months.



You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah.
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.


St. Patrick's Day, Columbus Day, Channukha.



You have the NAACP.


NAACP was formed to combat institutional racism, which hasn't entirely gone away. When the organization was founded, Jim Crow laws were in full effect, and a black man was lynched an average of once every 24 hours in the South. In the 1930s, there was a banner on the outside of the NAACP headquarters in New York, reading "a man was lynched today." While times have changed, this change has not come easily. It has been bought with the blood of men like Medger Evers and Martin Luther King Jr. Today, institutional racism still exists, and as long as it does, so will the NAACP.



If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.


Whit Pride days: St. Paddy's Day, Columbus Day.



If we had White History Month , we'd be racists.


Like I said, there are 11 of them.



You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a
white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats
up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a
threat to society, you call him a racist.


This statement speaks for itself. In your mind, blacks = never innocent.
Posted 7/9/08
wtf does shouting "Niggers" have to do wiff being proud to be white =_=?
47470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Birmingham
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

General_che_01 wrote:

People accuse me of being racist. fact is...if someones racist toward me, im racist back. plain and simple. next time you think of calling someone a racist, read this.


Michael Richards better known as Kramer from tv's Seinfeld. This
was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his
comedy
act. He makes some very interesting points.
Proud To Be White

Someone finally said it.
How many are actually paying attention to this?

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans,
Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.
And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.
You Call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'
'Whitey,' 'Caveman' ... and that's OK.

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head,
Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ...
You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you,
so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?
You have the United Negro College Fund.
You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Black History Month.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah.
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
You have the NAACP.
You have BET.
If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month , we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance'
OUR lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber
of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?
A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American
pageant, but any colour can be in the Miss America pageant.
If we had a college fund that only gave white students
scholarships you know we'd be racists.
There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges
in the US. Yet if there were 'White colleges' THAT
would be a racist college.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were
marching for your race and rights. If we marched for
our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and
you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce
our white pride, you call us racists.
You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a
white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats
up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a
threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud.
But you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists?

also in england, they don't accept scottish, irish or welsh currency, but english currency can be accepted anywere in the british isles. the enmity between the races of the british isles is long standing and utterly stupid. so what if 600 years ago england invaded the rest of the countries? scots hate the english for 3 reasons; the scottish wars of independance, the jacobite wars and the highland clearnces. all of which happened atleast over a centuary ago. im scottish and im proud of it. but my best friends english. am i a hypocrite? no because i dont give a shit about what his great great great great great grandfather did to my great great great great great grandfather. and everyone else everywhere shold do the same.


and while we're on the subject of unnecessary discrimination; whats up with all these social classes??? who gives a shit if someones emo, preppy or chav? we're all human beings, why can't we leave it at that?


This is very well said.
I am very much proud to be White.
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
It's different being the minority
2858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / london/kent, Engl...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
racism sucks why can't evryone just try and get along
9784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bored out of my m...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08 , edited 7/9/08
this one reeeeeeeaaaaally long

2474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Barking
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
Racism really has become out of hand in some situations an I also agree no one has the right to make over-board comments.

My notion on nigger is that if you call some nigger you can be called nigger back.

The thing that makes me laugh is that the word nigger has actually taken a slang meaning amoungst blacks as meaning a black man who doesn't work lawfully, or doesn't try to get a place in society with sincere work but just decides the dark road. So if that word now has that meaning, should it be allowed to be used by all people?

The word 'gay' took a storm making it sound as though being gay is bad but it was still accepted.

Anyway, racism is just a show of arrogane, ignorance and full-on ass holery.

I also hate social groups but sometimes they are good for people who feel left out - easier to find people you have things in common with - but i prefer mixing and matching.
815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / United States of...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
I'm totally for letting bygones be bygones and letting things stay in the past. When I meet people, they're all pretty much a blank sheet of paper and everything starts from there. However, there are some people who just don't want to let things go.

Urggh...I can write a paper on this but I think I'll just say that everybody needs to learn how to have consideration and respect for all other races, especially if they want the same thing for their own. Certain races think they have the right to insult certain other races for whatever reason and it's not right. I think America can be a better place if everybody would stop being uptight hypocrites and actually act like this is a land of acceptance and tolerance.
724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 7/9/08 , edited 7/9/08

General_che_01 wrote:
im not better than anyone else. thats the point of this thread.


If someone says something racist to you, and you say something racist back at them, it makes you no better than a racist, rendering any objection to that racism hypocritical on your part. If someone says something racist to you, and you either let it roll or take them to task for your racism, without stooping to their level, you are the better person.



yes, on several occasions


What were the circumstances? Unless you go around in black neighborhoods with racial epithets printed on your shirt, I doubt this happens often.



and those other names aren't?


What could lead you to think I don't think those words are racist? They are indeed racist. That said, because of the unequal power relations between blacks and whites, and because of white privilege, those words don't have the same sting as the ones used against blacks. I don't enjoy hearing those words, but when I do hear them, I don't throw a bitch-fit about it, because they don't have the same baggage to them. "Cracker" doesn't have the implication of "I'm going to castrate, hang and burn you to death, then take pictures of me and my friends standing around your charred corpse, grinning and holding beers" that the N word does.



thats only in the US. in britain, the few black people i know are well off and well educated.


If they're well-off and educated, they're probably not living in the ghetto.



there are plenty of poor whites as well, go to inverlyde, everyone and there dog is living in a council house


I never said there were no poor white people. Only that there were more poor black people, who are being screwed over by the system. And if you're talking about something going on in Britain, why did you mention the UNCF, and American organization?



You have Martin Luther King Day.




and im not against martin luther king day, its just that there arent any for white heros and martyrs, i.e. wilaim wallace or rob roy macgregor for scotland.


Well, for one thing, William Wallace and Rob Roy were not American, so why would Americans have a holiday for them? The only reason St. Patrick's Day and Columbus Day are celebrated here is because the Irish and the Italians wanted to celebrate their heritage. The Scotts got here first, and had ample opportunity to start a tradition of celebrating Rob Roy Day or William Wallace Day, but they didn't.



now youve got me there, that might be how the american system works, but not the scottish. we have 9 months of mixed history and the rest are holidays ^^


"Mixed history?" So they teach about the achievements of non-whites in your country outside of their designated months? There shouldn't even be a Black History Month, it should be taught alongside the rest of the curriculum, all year round.



st.patricks day=Irish only
Columbu day=America only
Channukha=ive never heard of so i cant comment


Channukha (I'm probably misspelling it, so bear with me) is a minor Jewish holiday which, due to its proximity with Christmas, has become something like Christmas for Jews, but with 8 days of presents. The only reason blacks would have a holiday that celebrates black culture in general, in stead of specific African cultures, is because black Americans are alienated from the specific cultures of their ancestors. Their ancestors were kidnapped from their native kingdoms and provinces, forbidden to speak their native languages, stripped of their family names that identified them as being from, for instance, Manikongo or Benin or Ghana, and bred with people from other African nations by slave breeders, so that they couldn't trace their ancestry to any one place in Africa.



st.patricks day is the day on the irish patron saint, like st.andres day for scotland, st.georges day for england and st.david for wales.


From the moment that it was celebrated in America, it became a celebration of Irish heritage.



and columbus day again is only celebrated in america but aint a white pride day, its celebrating the "discovery" of america, even though the native americans were there first and leif erikson found it in the 12th century.


It became a celebration of Italian heritage in the early 20th century.

207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
The simple fact is we will never get rid of racism, but we should all be proud of what we are.
9784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bored out of my m...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

hyenas wrote:


General_che_01 wrote:
im not better than anyone else. thats the point of this thread.


If someone says something racist to you, and you say something racist back at them, it makes you no better than a racist, rendering any objection to that racism hypocritical on your part. If someone says something racist to you, and you either let it roll or take them to task for your racism, without stooping to their level, you are the better person.



yes, on several occasions



What were the circumstances? Unless you go around in black neighborhoods with racial epithets printed on your shirt, I doubt this happens often.


i was walking along the street with my friends and a buch of black people started shouting those sorts of things at us. maybe the knew him but i dont know.



and those other names aren't?



What could lead you to think I don't think those words are racist? They are indeed racist. That said, because of the unequal power relations between blacks and whites, and because of white privilege, those words don't have the same sting as the ones used against blacks. I don't enjoy hearing those words, but when I do hear them, I don't throw a bitch-fit about it, because they don't have the same baggage to them. "Cracker" doesn't have the implication of "I'm going to castrate, hang and burn you to death, then take pictures of me and my friends standing around your charred corpse, grinning and holding beers" that the N word does.


the example your using is from years back when the KKK was a cultural symbol of the south. and im not particularily offended by "Cracker". its "Caveman" that really gets me. I DONOT live in a cave and anyone who implys i do will face the full force of my wrath.



thats only in the US. in britain, the few black people i know are well off and well educated.



If they're well-off and educated, they're probably not living in the ghetto.


well yeah but most housing establishments in scotland aint all that much better than ghettos.



there are plenty of poor whites as well, go to inverclyde, everyone and there dog is living in a council house



I never said there were no poor white people. Only that there were more poor black people, who are being screwed over by the system. And if you're talking about something going on in Britain, why did you mention the UNCF, and American organization?


i didnt, michael richards did.



You have Martin Luther King Day.




and im not against martin luther king day, its just that there arent any for white heros and martyrs, i.e. wilaim wallace or rob roy macgregor for scotland.



Well, for one thing, William Wallace and Rob Roy were not American, so why would Americans have a holiday for them? The only reason St. Patrick's Day and Columbus Day are celebrated here is because the Irish and the Italians wanted to celebrate their heritage. The Scotts got here first, and had ample opportunity to start a tradition of celebrating Rob Roy Day or William Wallace Day, but they didn't.


well st.patrick was israeli so why do the irish have a holiday for him? and columbus was portuguese. and since the english had control of scotland at the time of wallace they would have killed anyone who celebrated his life. and Robert the bruce hated wallace so didnt make a holiday in his memory. and then basically the same for rob roy except it was a german in control of britain.



now youve got me there, that might be how the american system works, but not the scottish. we have 9 months of mixed history and the rest are holidays ^^



"Mixed history?" So they teach about the achievements of non-whites in your country outside of their designated months? There shouldn't even be a Black History Month, it should be taught alongside the rest of the curriculum, all year round.


yeah thats part of why i think scotland has one of the best education systems in the world. not descriminating or seperate atall.



st.patricks day=Irish only
Columbus day=America only
Channukha=ive never heard of so i cant comment



Channukha (I'm probably misspelling it, so bear with me) is a minor Jewish holiday which, due to its proximity with Christmas, has become something like Christmas for Jews, but with 8 days of presents. The only reason blacks would have a holiday that celebrates black culture in general, in stead of specific African cultures, is because black Americans are alienated from the specific cultures of their ancestors. Their ancestors were kidnapped from their native kingdoms and provinces, forbidden to speak their native languages, stripped of their family names that identified them as being from, for instance, Manikongo or Benin or Ghana, and bred with people from other African nations by slave breeders, so that they couldn't trace their ancestry to any one place in Africa.


ah right i know what you mean, ive never seen it written down but i know what you mean. yeah i get your point.



st.patricks day is the day on the irish patron saint, like st.andrews day for scotland, st.georges day for england and st.david for wales.



From the moment that it was celebrated in America, it became a celebration of Irish heritage.


but not white heritage



and columbus day again is only celebrated in america but aint a white pride day, its celebrating the "discovery" of america, even though the native americans were there first and leif erikson found it in the 12th century.



It became a celebration of Italian heritage in the early 20th century.


even though he was portugese funded by spaniards? and again its not white pride is it?



724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

General_che_01 wrote:

even though he was portugese funded by spaniards? and again its not white pride is it?


He was Italian, and even if he wasn't the Italian Americans insisted that he was, and celebrated their heritage through his holiday. And it is white pride. Italians are white.

9784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bored out of my m...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

hyenas wrote:


General_che_01 wrote:

even though he was portugese funded by spaniards? and again its not white pride is it?


He was Italian, and even if he wasn't the Italian Americans insisted that he was, and celebrated their heritage through his holiday. And it is white pride. Italians are white.



italians arent white. that was why they had a hard time when they first immigrated. not as bad as the blacks got but the WASPs who had already settled and established themselves kept shiting in their chips to keep them down. and its not just general "every white person can celebrate his glorious cock ups" like black pride day gets
724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

General_che_01 wrote:
italians arent white.


Yes they are.



that was why they had a hard time when they first immigrated.


They had a hard time because they spoke a different language, had different traditions, and were Catholic.



and its not just general "every white person can celebrate his glorious cock ups" like black pride day gets


If such a holiday is celebrated in Scotland (it isn't over here,) the reason it isn't for any specific African ethnicity but for blacks in general is that blacks were stripped of their specific African cultures when they were enslaved. I already wrote about this. There can't be Benin heritage day or Ghana heritage day, because the people from those countries who were enslaved had their languages and last names taken from them and replaced with English ones.

9784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bored out of my m...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

hyenas wrote:


General_che_01 wrote:
italians arent white.


Yes they are.



that was why they had a hard time when they first immigrated.


They had a hard time because they spoke a different language, had different traditions, and were Catholic.



and its not just general "every white person can celebrate his glorious cock ups" like black pride day gets


If such a holiday is celebrated in Scotland (it isn't over here,) the reason it isn't for any specific African ethnicity but for blacks in general is that blacks were stripped of their specific African cultures when they were enslaved. I already wrote about this. There can't be Benin heritage day or Ghana heritage day, because the people from those countries who were enslaved had their languages and last names taken from them and replaced with English ones.



look i just finished this in history and i got an A for it.
look at italians, there skin is abit darker and olive tinted from the sun. not white, olive. and irish and scottish were catholic but they got on fine. and few germans spoke english so...

and this threads probabl gonn get locked if we keep this up so we should just use PMs now k?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.