First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Get Rid Of Racism/Political Correctness
Posted 7/9/08

asamiueto wrote:

fuck political correctness.


HIGH FIVE!
724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 7/9/08 , edited 7/9/08

General_che_01 wrote:
look at italians, there skin is abit darker and olive tinted from the sun.


Still white.



irish and scottish were catholic but they got on fine.


By the time the Scotts started coming to America, they were already Protestant, following a branch of Calvinism. As for the Irish, they sure as hell didn't "get on fine" in the beginning. They were starved out by the English, came to a foreign land as emaciated famine refugees, where they were treated like second-class citizens, with several families crammed into each windowless, one-room apartment. Mainstream Anglo-Saxon American culture treated them as subhuman.
Posted 7/9/08
I agree that political correctness on racism and whites is going to far. Just because I am proud of my European heritage (mainly consider white people), dose not mean I'm racist. White racism is as real as black racism too.

Last week, after my party(this is on my birthday) I watch Showdown with Larry Elder . Larry talks about Blacks and other race in USA. He said he is sick of people calling him African-American due for political correctness, he just want to be called American, not African-American. He don't care to be called Black, because he said that what his skin is and he is proud of being Black and his African heritage.

He's right. American citizen, no matter if you background is African, Japanese, Korean, Indian, German, Polish or other ethnicity or race, we are just Americans.




9938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in ure heart :)
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
YAY YEW RECiEVE HUGS FROM ME
*HUGGLES TIGHTLY* [:
Posted 7/9/08

StephyKot87 wrote:

I agree that political correctness on racism and whites is going to far. Just because I am proud of my European heritage (mainly consider white people), dose not mean I'm racist. White racism is as real as black racism too.

Last week, after my party(this is on my birthday) I watch Showdown with Larry Elder . Larry talks about Blacks and other race in USA. He said he is sick of people calling him African-American due for political correctness, he just want to be called American, not African-American. He don't care to be called Black, because he said that what his skin is and he is proud of being Black and his African heritage.

He's right. American citizen, no matter if you background is African, Japanese, Korean, Indian, German, Polish or other ethnicity or race, we are just Americans.






so true, now if we could only get the media & government to understand this.
1059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / A small town in t...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
Political Correctness

who ever thought that bullshit up needs their head examined by a shrink.
1059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / A small town in t...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

asamiueto wrote:


StephyKot87 wrote:

I agree that political correctness on racism and whites is going to far. Just because I am proud of my European heritage (mainly consider white people), dose not mean I'm racist. White racism is as real as black racism too.

Last week, after my party(this is on my birthday) I watch Showdown with Larry Elder . Larry talks about Blacks and other race in USA. He said he is sick of people calling him African-American due for political correctness, he just want to be called American, not African-American. He don't care to be called Black, because he said that what his skin is and he is proud of being Black and his African heritage.

He's right. American citizen, no matter if you background is African, Japanese, Korean, Indian, German, Polish or other ethnicity or race, we are just Americans.






so true, now if we could only get the media & government to understand this.


i think pigs will fly when that happens!!!
3594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Where the clowns...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08 , edited 7/9/08

General_che_01 wrote:

look i just finished this in history and i got an A for it.
look at italians, there skin is abit darker and olive tinted from the sun. not white, olive. and irish and scottish were catholic but they got on fine. and few germans spoke english so...

and this threads probabl gonn get locked if we keep this up so we should just use PMs now k?


First off, this is in the Extended Discussion section, is it not? Isn't the point of this section is to debate? Why would mods lock it if you two are doing exactly what you should be doing -- having a decent extended conversation on the subject?

Secondly, when you're in America and you have to fill out a scantron that asks for your race, if you are of Italian, German, French, Scottish, English, etc heritage, the circle you're most likely than not going to fill in is "White/Non-Hispanic". Same with Asians and Blacks, etc. If you want to complain why people group whites together, why everyone is forced into a succinct group, go to the source that tells them it's acceptable - the government.

Now I'm not saying there aren't double standards. There are many many out there, favoring whites and non-whites. But some of the logic you're using is just silly. Maybe in the past the Irish were a seperate minority, but what matters now is today, and today the Irish are grouped in with everyone else who's considered 'white'.

That makes "Irish Heritage Month" (which is March), "Jewish Heritage Month" (in May along with Asian Heritage Month) and "Scottish Heritage Month" (several Canadians and US citizens of Scottish heritage are celebrating in April) quite valid and do count as "white holidays". Why aren't these as well known? Maybe people who really want them to become big should put more effort for them to become so.

I agree with the notion that there would be no need for everyone to have a month if our history classes included everything. America is the melting pot, so all cultures in her stew should get more than 3 paragraphs in a 40 page chapter, and I do INCLUDE European countries as well -- I didn't learn anything outside England, America, and Spain until I was in 10th grade, and that only added a bit of France and Russia (and Japan and China when the WWs came into subject) for a year. I didn't get my real first bite into Asian and African history until college... it's quite a shame.

~

So, how does one propose we get rid of the racism and political correctness?
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

Shinjy wrote:

If they are racist to u, be racist bk!


but white people go to jail for being racist back, thats the problem, and thats the innequality.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / california
Offline
Posted 7/9/08 , edited 7/9/08

LG135 wrote:


General_che_01 wrote:

look i just finished this in history and i got an A for it.
look at italians, there skin is abit darker and olive tinted from the sun. not white, olive. and irish and scottish were catholic but they got on fine. and few germans spoke english so...

and this threads probabl gonn get locked if we keep this up so we should just use PMs now k?


First off, this is in the Extended Discussion section, is it not? Isn't the point of this section is to debate? Why would mods lock it if you two are doing exactly what you should be doing -- having a decent extended conversation on the subject?

Secondly, when you're in America and you have to fill out a scantron that asks for your race, if you are of Italian, German, French, Scottish, English, etc heritage, the circle you're most likely than not going to fill in is "White/Non-Hispanic". Same with Asians and Blacks, etc. If you want to complain why people group whites together, why everyone is forced into a succinct group, go to the source that tells them it's acceptable - the government.

Now I'm not saying there aren't double standards. There are many many out there, favoring whites and non-whites. But some of the logic you're using is just silly. Maybe in the past the Irish were a seperate minority, but what matters now is today, and today the Irish are grouped in with everyone else who's considered 'white'.

That makes "Irish Heritage Month" (which is March), "Jewish Heritage Month" (in May along with Asian Heritage Month) and "Scottish Heritage Month" (several Canadians and US citizens of Scottish heritage are celebrating in April) quite valid and do count as "white holidays". Why aren't these as well known? Maybe people who really want them to become big should put more effort for them to become so.

I agree with the notion that there would be no need for everyone to have a month if our history classes included everything. America is the melting pot, so all cultures in her stew should get more than 3 paragraphs in a 40 page chapter, and I do INCLUDE European countries as well -- I didn't learn anything outside England, America, and Spain until I was in 10th grade, and that only added a bit of France and Russia (and Japan and China when the WWs came into subject) for a year. I didn't get my real first bite into Asian and African history until college... it's quite a shame.

~

So, how does one propose we get rid of the racism and political correctness?


Clap,clap. Very well put. That "white pride" poem on the first post is something I've seen posted around the internet. Such a stupid poem, and a unwell thought out one at that.



mmt2853 wrote:

Political Correctness

who ever thought that bullshit up needs their head examined by a shrink.

You mean the people who didn't want to be called names? "Political Correctness", as in names people want to call themselves(pc can mean other things), comes from trying to undue years of injustice brought onto people. Certain groups don't like being called words that others picked for them. It's not entirely a bad thing. The name colored person I don't exactly like being called since it seperates race into "white people and everybody else".(reminds me, the naacp needs to update their name.) I'm sure if you were reffered to as a horrible name, and it was considered the accurate and publcly approved for your group, you'd be pissed too. Yes, it does go to far. Especially when it's something like not saying furcoat because it offends furries.0_0 But yeah,it's not just something a jerk off thought up to screw with people.



133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / US
Offline
Posted 7/10/08

General_che_01 wrote:

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber
of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?
A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American
pageant, but any colour can be in the Miss America pageant.
If we had a college fund that only gave white students
scholarships you know we'd be racists.
There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges
in the US. Yet if there were 'White colleges' THAT
would be a racist college.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were
marching for your race and rights. If we marched for
our race and rights, you would call us racists.


-The Chamber of Commerce is not part of the government but is an individual business/lobbying group. The people paying for it are the businesses/individuals/firms who are a part of the group and as far as I’m concerned they can do what they want with their money.

-The Miss Black America pageant was created because black women were not allowed into the Miss America pageant. Even after they were allowed in they had no chance of winning for approximately twenty years.

-They are actually called “Historically Black Colleges and Universities.” The key word is “Historically.” They were created because blacks were not allowed into other colleges, so technically the majority of universities can be called “White Colleges” for the same reason that you call HBCU’s “Black Colleges.” They currently accept all races and the title is merely a reference to their historical origin. It’s basically the same reason that women’s colleges were created.

-The Million Man March actually was called both racist and sexist, mainly because of Louis Farrakhan, but I still think that this is sort of a moot point.

9784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bored out of my m...
Offline
Posted 7/10/08

LG135 wrote:


General_che_01 wrote:

look i just finished this in history and i got an A for it.
look at italians, there skin is abit darker and olive tinted from the sun. not white, olive. and irish and scottish were catholic but they got on fine. and few germans spoke english so...

and this threads probabl gonn get locked if we keep this up so we should just use PMs now k?


First off, this is in the Extended Discussion section, is it not? Isn't the point of this section is to debate? Why would mods lock it if you two are doing exactly what you should be doing -- having a decent extended conversation on the subject?

Secondly, when you're in America and you have to fill out a scantron that asks for your race, if you are of Italian, German, French, Scottish, English, etc heritage, the circle you're most likely than not going to fill in is "White/Non-Hispanic". Same with Asians and Blacks, etc. If you want to complain why people group whites together, why everyone is forced into a succinct group, go to the source that tells them it's acceptable - the government.

Now I'm not saying there aren't double standards. There are many many out there, favoring whites and non-whites. But some of the logic you're using is just silly. Maybe in the past the Irish were a seperate minority, but what matters now is today, and today the Irish are grouped in with everyone else who's considered 'white'.

That makes "Irish Heritage Month" (which is March), "Jewish Heritage Month" (in May along with Asian Heritage Month) and "Scottish Heritage Month" (several Canadians and US citizens of Scottish heritage are celebrating in April) quite valid and do count as "white holidays". Why aren't these as well known? Maybe people who really want them to become big should put more effort for them to become so.

I agree with the notion that there would be no need for everyone to have a month if our history classes included everything. America is the melting pot, so all cultures in her stew should get more than 3 paragraphs in a 40 page chapter, and I do INCLUDE European countries as well -- I didn't learn anything outside England, America, and Spain until I was in 10th grade, and that only added a bit of France and Russia (and Japan and China when the WWs came into subject) for a year. I didn't get my real first bite into Asian and African history until college... it's quite a shame.

~

So, how does one propose we get rid of the racism and political correctness?


now all of this is an extremely good argument. since i dont live in the US i had no idea on how the system works over there, and this has really helped explain the heritage education in america.
well anyhoo, no this is in the general section, a mod might have moved it when i wasnt looking but thats cool with me.
and i didnt know america had a scottish heritage month. thats pretty cool. what sort of stuff do they actually tell you of Scotland glory?

and your last paragraph about the history, that is actually really shit, i didnt know the american educational system was that bad! even we got a fair bit of african heritage in history. true it was lumped in with a big america topic but africans were the only specific race we lookedinto in detail since all of the new immigrants are pretty much the same and the old immigrants also.

i think to get rid of racism we just need to start fresh. forget any and all slights or insults of the other races and just get along.
9784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bored out of my m...
Offline
Posted 7/10/08 , edited 7/10/08

hyenas wrote:


General_che_01 wrote:
look at italians, there skin is abit darker and olive tinted from the sun.



Still white.


fine if theres no convincing you...



irish and scottish were catholic but they got on fine.



By the time the Scotts started coming to America, they were already Protestant, following a branch of Calvinism. As for the Irish, they sure as hell didn't "get on fine" in the beginning. They were starved out by the English, came to a foreign land as emaciated famine refugees, where they were treated like second-class citizens, with several families crammed into each windowless, one-room apartment. Mainstream Anglo-Saxon American culture treated them as subhuman.


ok now i didnt know that. my history teacher kind of glazed over that bit so i assumed they got on fine cuz we went in depth on all other discrimination. my mistake
16178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In my fantasies.
Offline
Posted 7/10/08 , edited 7/10/08
Well, the problem here is: Human beings just cant leave alone other human beings. Its kind of like a human insticts if you think about. A human being always has to label another person. Its just like that. But i believe since the black were treated badly back in history, they deserve some sort of days where they could celebrate their kind. Its nothing really. Also i think racism had decreased greatly comparing on what people had to suffer centuries back. So we could just leave it like that. Racism will always be around in some ways, all we have to do is leave it and respect other people's opinion.
9784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bored out of my m...
Offline
Posted 7/18/08

KuteAnime wrote:

YAY YEW RECiEVE HUGS FROM ME
*HUGGLES TIGHTLY* [:


who recieves hugs from you???
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.