First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Get Rid Of Racism/Political Correctness
9938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in ure heart :)
Offline
Posted 7/18/08

who recieves hugs from you???


LOL YEW DEW =]
9938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in ure heart :)
Offline
Posted 7/18/08

General_che_01 wrote:


KuteAnime wrote:

YAY YEW RECiEVE HUGS FROM ME
*HUGGLES TIGHTLY* [:


who recieves hugs from you???


LOL YEW DEW =]
2750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / England
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
Awww yeaaa i agree ...

I cant even go to a park without being called a chink >.<, though i dont get why people would say that... its so random?!
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
racisim is always gonna be arround just get use to it and join a side.
318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Somewhere on this...
Offline
Posted 7/18/08

mikomiko123 wrote:

I got your point. I somehow understand your feelings, but err...it is the way of life. Unless someone changes it, it doesn't change.

Maybe only when aliens invade, everyone will start calling each other humans.


Lol Power to the Humans...
1231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Uraharas bacement...
Offline
Posted 7/19/08 , edited 7/19/08
i don't get what you mean by get rid of racism correctness
it's not nice to be racist
9784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bored out of my m...
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

KuteAnime wrote:


General_che_01 wrote:


KuteAnime wrote:

YAY YEW RECiEVE HUGS FROM ME
*HUGGLES TIGHTLY* [:


who recieves hugs from you???


LOL YEW DEW =]


awwwww thnx ^^ lol
9784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bored out of my m...
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

geren_ribon wrote:

i don't get what you mean by get rid of racism correctness
it's not nice to be racist


i mean to just stop judging people by what they look like. i know that sounds old and corny but its still pretty bad. im racist towards my english friends but they take it in good humour cuz usually what i say is funny and they know i don't need a word of it. thats what i mean, that people should be like that, not being racist to be nasty but to affirm bonds of friendship.
Posted 7/21/08
1. To all individuals (usually of a certain race) who frequently accuse others of slander and racism: Fuck you all. You guys are the racist SOBs for calling others racist. Why do you all automatically assume others have racist intentions in every word they speak? Think about it.

2. OOC: A new statistic: The wealthy in America pay 50%+ of the taxes. Take THAT you government leeching scum.
http://www.american.com/archive/2007/november-december-magazine-contents/guess-who-really-pays-the-taxes

3. Only about 4% of all members of a certain race actually graduate from college. To those members of that race: Stop blaming others for your own folly. Oh, and go watch the HBO documentary Douglas High. Go and cringe. 17 years old and still in 9th grade? I have nothing else to say.

4. It's not racist if it's the truth. America is a meritocracy, not a socialist haven. I may be socialist, but I don't believe in helping those who crawl to the government the first chance they get.
Posted 7/21/08

xyinnyx wrote:

Awww yeaaa i agree ...

I cant even go to a park without being called a chink >.<, though i dont get why people would say that... its so random?!


Haha I'm Chinese and I'm not offended my the word chink. Hell with it I don't understand how it offends Chinese people at all. I mean:

Example: Jap is short for Japanese. I get that 100%

Now technically wouldn't it be Chin for Chinese? Haha I LIKE THAT! STFU you Chin! lol
Posted 7/22/08 , edited 7/22/08
Racism is an issue which affects everyone is some way shape or form. Pre-concepted ideas regarding other nationalities and the general appearance of others remains common today despite all advances which have been made. The fact we define people by race even not in a negative way is indirectly causing racism to continue. It basically is a way of illustrating a difference thus segregating us. Racism is learned, and we learn it through terms used in the media, society and by those we are surrounded by. Racism is also encouraged through racist 'jokes', I am still disturbed to know and hear people tell them and share a laugh. Many who say these jokes claim they are not racist but it is a form of racism. These jokes categorise people to share similar traits and to be ' all the same' This thought is absurd. It is like saying that because one white man or an asian man or a black man etc robs a bank that all others of the same race will do the same. Ignorance and unwillingness is too blame also. Education and more interaction with varied peoples will aid in eliminating pre-concieved ideologies, however the road will still be rocky. Many people remain unexposed to other cultures, languages, foods and religions and as a result are ill informed and know little regarding other peoples beyond their immediate surroundings knowing only minimal knowledge many of which are the over publicised 'stereotypical' details. Instead of looking at race we should be looking at culture. All cultures have the same principles and a similar history. We are all human. We all bleed, breathe and has needs and wants. At the end of the day we all eat, have families, want to be successful, want love etc. We should be embracing life as one people, disregards all stereotypes and look beyond physical appearance.
2750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / England
Offline
Posted 7/22/08

Dim_Sum_King wrote:


xyinnyx wrote:

Awww yeaaa i agree ...

I cant even go to a park without being called a chink >.<, though i dont get why people would say that... its so random?!


Haha I'm Chinese and I'm not offended my the word chink. Hell with it I don't understand how it offends Chinese people at all. I mean:

Example: Jap is short for Japanese. I get that 100%

Now technically wouldn't it be Chin for Chinese? Haha I LIKE THAT! STFU you Chin! lol


Lol yeaaa but its not nice knowing that someone wanted to offend you...
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Closing in
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
green knitted: you are setting a light on the problem by not condoning segregation. In itself, race is not simply a scientific term, a biological term. It is used for identification, to analyze possible diseases and ailment (for instance we caucasians are more likely to suffer in moist heat). But thanks to the fact that it is never to be mentioned we get bizarre results. In my country I can not use the scientific term "negro", although it is purely scientific, and not racist, because it is considered to close to the "N-word", which it isn't. Such a world s bizarre. Imagine what would happen if anything similar is said to mean or suggest or be too close to something else. Imagine all the words we had to strike out. Bore, dam, luck, buck, just to start. It is ridicolous. Race has importance when it comes to medicine and climate. That is a fact! And somehow we are supposed to not segregate, yet segregate. For the sake of poor blacks for instance. That's stupid. The problem is poverty, not poverty plus race. I agree on a fight against poverty, and one is to focus on poverty-stricken areas, but that's as far as it goes. It doesn't matter who's poor, let's help them! Racial jokes are not necessarily racist or bad. I like Pryor's jokes about "us white people", in fact its sometimes enlighetening, like the story about white people w/Pryor in Africa, I'm sure I would have acted the same way, hearing Pryor telling me about it, I realize how ridicolous it would be. Humour is a very good way of shedding light on problems and views etc. If someone just says it, it might make us hostile, if someone makes a joke about it, we may laught, accept, and reflect. Chris Rock has done it, and Russell Peters in his 1 good act makes one maybe realize how charming it is to have different cultures/peoples in one nation. People "all being the ame" is not particular to race, it is general to humans (everyone is selfish), based on religion, politics, nationalities. We need to realize this, and be more acceptant, is there a better way than humour? Anything else, like campaigns or arguments, seems to make us hostile. That education will help is probably a part of the whole "pro-education"-campaign, and seem racism is most fluent among people that don't have the money for education anyways, it doesn't seem like a solution. And how do we force interaction excactly? The racist do not focus on similiar traits as you have mentioned, but one cultural and historical achievements that they, through their own interpretations and rewritten material, seems to see only being in favour of one group. That we all eat, sleep, and other primary functions, is not an argument anyway, since animals can be said to do the same thing. Also, it is partual interaction that may upset the most. The one guy in the neighbourhood being "different", that you don't understand, bringing down the estate value (which is kinda odd to me, when people aren't considering selling anyway, and anyways that would be the estate agents being ignorant if that was a fact). I am sorry: you seem like a brainwashed politically correct. You are against something without understanding its basis and use disproven hippie principles to solve a problem that can not be solven in a John Lennon- way. I am sorry about being rude, but I'm tired of people wanting to save the world with cliches.
Posted 7/23/08

xyinnyx wrote:


Dim_Sum_King wrote:


xyinnyx wrote:

Awww yeaaa i agree ...

I cant even go to a park without being called a chink >.<, though i dont get why people would say that... its so random?!


Haha I'm Chinese and I'm not offended my the word chink. Hell with it I don't understand how it offends Chinese people at all. I mean:

Example: Jap is short for Japanese. I get that 100%

Now technically wouldn't it be Chin for Chinese? Haha I LIKE THAT! STFU you Chin! lol


Lol yeaaa but its not nice knowing that someone wanted to offend you...


Yeah but then again it depends if you're actually offended by it or not. Who called you a chink? White people?
2750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / England
Offline
Posted 7/23/08

Dim_Sum_King wrote:


xyinnyx wrote:


Dim_Sum_King wrote:


xyinnyx wrote:

Awww yeaaa i agree ...

I cant even go to a park without being called a chink >.<, though i dont get why people would say that... its so random?!


Haha I'm Chinese and I'm not offended my the word chink. Hell with it I don't understand how it offends Chinese people at all. I mean:

Example: Jap is short for Japanese. I get that 100%

Now technically wouldn't it be Chin for Chinese? Haha I LIKE THAT! STFU you Chin! lol


Lol yeaaa but its not nice knowing that someone wanted to offend you...


Yeah but then again it depends if you're actually offended by it or not. Who called you a chink? White people?


Yea @.@
What really offended me was when this family of white people walked past and was teaching their daughter that i was a chink. >.>

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.