First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Korean war
Posted 7/8/08 , edited 7/8/08
As this is an Asian streaming site, I was wondering how much do you know actually about the Korean war?
Please no racism or flaming
This is just a general thread asking about you knowledge of it.

EDIT

Feel free to talk about past confrontation and and the present
Do you agree with what is hapening there and etc.
6499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
hmm fighting against communist north korea, from spreading communism into the south.
the war ending at the 38th parallel. that all i can say
Posted 7/8/08
Will to be honest I don't know much about it. But are you talking about the war still going on between North and South Korea. They're pratically still fighting because they haven't signed a peace treaty yet -.-
85 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
oh i like this topic! ( :
but it's sad that I know barely nothing... and I'm Korean. how pathetic.

I know it was to prevent Communism from spreading.
But I don't remember if it was between Japan and Korea or North Korea/China and South Korea.

I want to go with the second one.

And something to do with the 38th parallel?

This is why I'm going to minor inKorean. and find out more of its history. AGH haha. Even though I could just google it really quickly.. -_-;;
Posted 7/8/08
people in NK sees Kim Jong-il as a GOD, well its inevitable, since they did not get much educations. because of him
2059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Somewhere, readin...
Offline
Posted 7/8/08
Ah well, people not liking each other fought. The north half of Korea had Communist China and the Soviet Union and the south half had the US and their allies (can't remember exactly who.) The US went in the the name of "getting rid of communism." Of course, this was the red scare, annoying because of McCarthy getting everyone all worked up. It was one of the hot spots in the cold war as the USSR tried to expand it's sphere of influence. Ah well, ended up with the country split in half with a mile wide of land mines. Of course, this be-eth generalized.
Posted 7/8/08
there was a war in Korea o0?
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/8/08 , edited 7/8/08

helena91 wrote:

As this is an Asian streaming site, I was wondering how much do you know actually about the Korean war?
Please no racism or flaming
This is just a general thread asking about you knowledge of it.

EDIT

Feel free to talk about past confrontation and and the present
Do you agree with what is hapening there and etc.


Did you just watch Tae Guk Ki and now your asking people about it?


KinkyHamster wrote:

there was a war in Korea o0?


You're an idiot.


KueChang wrote:

Will to be honest I don't know much about it. But are you talking about the war still going on between North and South Korea. They're pratically still fighting because they haven't signed a peace treaty yet -.-


They aren't exactly fighting. They were negotiating something earlier this year or late last year, I don't remember. Not like they are still firing guns at each other.
Posted 7/8/08

Incontrovertible wrote:


helena91 wrote:

As this is an Asian streaming site, I was wondering how much do you know actually about the Korean war?
Please no racism or flaming
This is just a general thread asking about you knowledge of it.

EDIT

Feel free to talk about past confrontation and and the present
Do you agree with what is hapening there and etc.


Did you just watch Tae Guk Ki and now your asking people about it?


KinkyHamster wrote:

there was a war in Korea o0?


You're an idiot.


errr what are you on? I have not seen this.
You can not base something on the media as it is biased, this is why I started a thread about it, to ask on peoples knowledge of it and to educate others
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/8/08

helena91 wrote:


Incontrovertible wrote:


helena91 wrote:

As this is an Asian streaming site, I was wondering how much do you know actually about the Korean war?
Please no racism or flaming
This is just a general thread asking about you knowledge of it.

EDIT

Feel free to talk about past confrontation and and the present
Do you agree with what is hapening there and etc.


Did you just watch Tae Guk Ki and now your asking people about it?


KinkyHamster wrote:

there was a war in Korea o0?


You're an idiot.


errr what are you on? I have not seen this.
You can not base something on the media as it is biased, this is why I started a thread about it, to ask on peoples knowledge of it and to educate others


It was an assumption and I'm not basing my information about the Korean War off a movie. My assumption was as to how you came up with the idea of this thread.
Posted 7/8/08

Incontrovertible wrote:

It was an assumption and I'm not basing my information about the Korean War off a movie. My assumption was as to how you came up with the idea of this thread.


May iask why you actually care? This is not a dup nor is it breaking any rules, your job is to stay on topic and post your opnion on the thread topic not on where the idea came from.
Posted 7/8/08
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/8/08

helena91 wrote:


Incontrovertible wrote:

It was an assumption and I'm not basing my information about the Korean War off a movie. My assumption was as to how you came up with the idea of this thread.


May iask why you actually care? This is not a dup nor is it breaking any rules, your job is to stay on topic and post your opnion on the thread topic not on where the idea came from.


Actually I was on topic in my first post somewhat. Maybe quoting you first wasn't on topic, but the information I provided was on topic.
Posted 7/8/08

Incontrovertible wrote:


helena91 wrote:


Incontrovertible wrote:

It was an assumption and I'm not basing my information about the Korean War off a movie. My assumption was as to how you came up with the idea of this thread.


May iask why you actually care? This is not a dup nor is it breaking any rules, your job is to stay on topic and post your opnion on the thread topic not on where the idea came from.


Actually I was on topic in my first post somewhat. Maybe quoting you first wasn't on topic, but the information I provided was on topic.


In future, please do not spam my thread with pointless info
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/8/08

helena91 wrote:


Incontrovertible wrote:


helena91 wrote:


Incontrovertible wrote:

It was an assumption and I'm not basing my information about the Korean War off a movie. My assumption was as to how you came up with the idea of this thread.


May iask why you actually care? This is not a dup nor is it breaking any rules, your job is to stay on topic and post your opnion on the thread topic not on where the idea came from.


Actually I was on topic in my first post somewhat. Maybe quoting you first wasn't on topic, but the information I provided was on topic.


In future, please do not spam my thread with pointless info


Since when was correcting people considered as spam?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.