First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
who listens to metal,rock,hardcore,screamo in here
350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Mitry-Mory, France
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

VagrantAlbedo wrote:


Sandela wrote:

I do ^^
But I'm looking for Jap metal bands, do you know some please?


I see no metal-n00bs have correctly answered you... alrighty, then. Here we go.

Loudness, Noism, Sigh, Atomic Tornado, Plasmajet, Code Red, Azrael, Onmyoza/Onmyouza, Concerto Moon, Ark Storm, Terror Squad (but there is also a bad rap group with the same name), and my personal favorites Galneryus and Gonin-Ish. They're all actually metal and not jrock pretending to be metal... They all have myspaces, so if you want to sample them you could do so easily.



Hey thanks so much!
Ok well i've been looking for metal bands on CR but there is none of these i guess
That's too bad
116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09
Me.

I hate Hardcore Metal, though.

One of the most brilliant metal I ever heard are Threat Signal and Light This City.

Amazing shit.
4804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

VagrantAlbedo wrote:


Sandela wrote:

I do ^^
But I'm looking for Jap metal bands, do you know some please?


I see no metal-n00bs have correctly answered you... alrighty, then. Here we go.

Loudness, Noism, Sigh, Atomic Tornado, Plasmajet, Code Red, Azrael, Onmyoza/Onmyouza, Concerto Moon, Ark Storm, Terror Squad (but there is also a bad rap group with the same name), and my personal favorites Galneryus and Gonin-Ish. They're all actually metal and not jrock pretending to be metal... They all have myspaces, so if you want to sample them you could do so easily.



Lol, I didn't bother cause everybody knows Finnish, Swedish, Swiss, German, Greek, and British Metal are the best in the world. Europe is known for Metal. America is known for R.A.P. (Retards Attempting Poetry). Asia is known for Pop. There's no way you can disagree with that fact. Like I've said before, if I don't know the bands, they're not famous, and I've never heard of all those J-Metal bands you've listed.
937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / here and there,bu...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
too many to mention lol but um some of the stuff mentioned here is pretty commercialized which=sucky,candyass metalcore


anyways to name some from the states anyways: blood4blood,reach the sky,sworn enemy(the old stuff),first blood(old stuff),ensign,no innocent victim,subzero,200 north, until the end,shattered realm, cast aside, staygold, xlooking forwardx,comeback kid(old stuff),madball,with honor
anyways those are the first that came to mind,havent really kept up with the newest in hardcore which is mostlt what i prefer, but i also like punk,ska,and some of the more livelier emo bands lol not a big fan of metal though, can tolerate some.. i know some good ones in spanish too, but no point in mentioning those here lol
937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / here and there,bu...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
LOL!!! now that i browsed most of the last post it seems like the whole battle of hardcore vs metal is about to break out! lol that's why i never go to the scene forums... anyways always funny to see em fight though
3368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
110 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
I do...
Posted 1/4/09
samantilla listens to some good hardcore

hardcore is better then metal

other awesome hardcore bands are

xbishopx, down to nothing, cruel hand, just say go, miles away, verse, have heart, trash talk, steel nation and alot of others

heavier bands such as for the fallen dreams and veil of maya arent bad either
544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Hampshire
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

TheRealKira wrote:


VagrantAlbedo wrote:


Sandela wrote:

I do ^^
But I'm looking for Jap metal bands, do you know some please?


I see no metal-n00bs have correctly answered you... alrighty, then. Here we go.

Loudness, Noism, Sigh, Atomic Tornado, Plasmajet, Code Red, Azrael, Onmyoza/Onmyouza, Concerto Moon, Ark Storm, Terror Squad (but there is also a bad rap group with the same name), and my personal favorites Galneryus and Gonin-Ish. They're all actually metal and not jrock pretending to be metal... They all have myspaces, so if you want to sample them you could do so easily.



Lol, I didn't bother cause everybody knows Finnish, Swedish, Swiss, German, Greek, and British Metal are the best in the world. Europe is known for Metal. America is known for R.A.P. (Retards Attempting Poetry). Asia is known for Pop. There's no way you can disagree with that fact. Like I've said before, if I don't know the bands, they're not famous, and I've never heard of all those J-Metal bands you've listed.


Actually good metal comes from everywhere. Just because Finland has more metal doesn't make it better, they also have bad bands (just to state that fact, I enjoy a lot of bands from there - like Amoral, Elenium, Mors Principium Est, Kalmah, Falchion, Turisas, Eternal Tears of Sorrow - but look at the heaps of Bodom clones!), this goes for all the countries you've listed. For example, Brazil, Russia and China all have phenomenal underground metal scenes, you just have to look. Of course it's easier to dig up stuff from Europe, that's where the stuff gets most of its publicity. America is also known for rockabilly, country and the Bay Area Thrash Scene, and you obviously haven't heard any genuine hip-hop - it's like other people judging metal on Slipknot, you know? Of course the areas you mentioned are known for those genres, but that's no thanks to people like you who don't do their homework on the stuff. If there were more people aware of scenes in other countries, they'd be better supported, gain a larger fanbase and thence recognition. That's how metal in many regions came to be... I mean, who would've thought Norway when the word metal was mentioned before black metal's grassroots rising? That's how such genres first gain their status, not by the record companies but by the musicians and fans themselves. So Japanese metal bands can grow to their rightful state if they're promoted; stupid pop idols don't have to give a second thought to that problem.
4804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

VagrantAlbedo wrote:


TheRealKira wrote:


VagrantAlbedo wrote:


Sandela wrote:

I do ^^
But I'm looking for Jap metal bands, do you know some please?


I see no metal-n00bs have correctly answered you... alrighty, then. Here we go.

Loudness, Noism, Sigh, Atomic Tornado, Plasmajet, Code Red, Azrael, Onmyoza/Onmyouza, Concerto Moon, Ark Storm, Terror Squad (but there is also a bad rap group with the same name), and my personal favorites Galneryus and Gonin-Ish. They're all actually metal and not jrock pretending to be metal... They all have myspaces, so if you want to sample them you could do so easily.



Lol, I didn't bother cause everybody knows Finnish, Swedish, Swiss, German, Greek, and British Metal are the best in the world. Europe is known for Metal. America is known for R.A.P. (Retards Attempting Poetry). Asia is known for Pop. There's no way you can disagree with that fact. Like I've said before, if I don't know the bands, they're not famous, and I've never heard of all those J-Metal bands you've listed.


Actually good metal comes from everywhere. Just because Finland has more metal doesn't make it better, they also have bad bands (just to state that fact, I enjoy a lot of bands from there - like Amoral, Elenium, Mors Principium Est, Kalmah, Falchion, Turisas, Eternal Tears of Sorrow - but look at the heaps of Bodom clones!), this goes for all the countries you've listed. For example, Brazil, Russia and China all have phenomenal underground metal scenes, you just have to look. Of course it's easier to dig up stuff from Europe, that's where the stuff gets most of its publicity. America is also known for rockabilly, country and the Bay Area Thrash Scene, and you obviously haven't heard any genuine hip-hop - it's like other people judging metal on Slipknot, you know? Of course the areas you mentioned are known for those genres, but that's no thanks to people like you who don't do their homework on the stuff. If there were more people aware of scenes in other countries, they'd be better supported, gain a larger fanbase and thence recognition. That's how metal in many regions came to be... I mean, who would've thought Norway when the word metal was mentioned before black metal's grassroots rising? That's how such genres first gain their status, not by the record companies but by the musicians and fans themselves. So Japanese metal bands can grow to their rightful state if they're promoted; stupid pop idols don't have to give a second thought to that problem.

Well, I can't argue with that, that was all true.

2703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

Sujatmi wrote:


mokney wrote:

The only metal band you listed was Metallica and X Japan. Linkin Park and Flyleaf are Rock and Hard rock.


Ok then, thanks for correcting that, because like I said before, I'm not good with genres, so when wiki tells me something is a particular genre, I mostly just rely on it :sweatingbullets:(yeah I know, I know, I shouldn't rely too much on wiki *sigh*) ..

Btw is Dir en grey metal then or not? I know (or well think) their older stuff isn't, but I mean their newer sound like The Marrow of a Bone and Uroboros in this case .
You also haven't answered on Head Phones President, but I assume it's not metal then, since wiki also discribes it as alternative metal just like Flyleaf..



To be fair, Dir En Grey are still more Hard Rock then Metal. Alot of bands get thrown into the Alt Metal genre for the wrong reasons. Bands like X Japan, Loudness and Sex Machineguns are metal.
325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Hoofddorp, The Ne...
Offline
Posted 1/5/09 , edited 1/5/09

mokney wrote:


Sujatmi wrote:


mokney wrote:

The only metal band you listed was Metallica and X Japan. Linkin Park and Flyleaf are Rock and Hard rock.


Ok then, thanks for correcting that, because like I said before, I'm not good with genres, so when wiki tells me something is a particular genre, I mostly just rely on it :sweatingbullets:(yeah I know, I know, I shouldn't rely too much on wiki *sigh*) ..

Btw is Dir en grey metal then or not? I know (or well think) their older stuff isn't, but I mean their newer sound like The Marrow of a Bone and Uroboros in this case .
You also haven't answered on Head Phones President, but I assume it's not metal then, since wiki also discribes it as alternative metal just like Flyleaf..



To be fair, Dir En Grey are still more Hard Rock then Metal. Alot of bands get thrown into the Alt Metal genre for the wrong reasons. Bands like X Japan, Loudness and Sex Machineguns are metal.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up . I know the Sex Machineguns, but not Loudness, so I guess I'll check them out then..
317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Northern Ireland...
Offline
Posted 1/5/09 , edited 1/5/09
Metal =D I quite like it, although it's not my favourite. I've gotten quite into Bring Me The Horizon and Deathgaze recently...
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/5/09
I listen to hardcore, but then Dutch hardcore which is a completely different type of music.
14036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / everywhere (Alger...
Offline
Posted 1/5/09 , edited 1/5/09
Metallica & Megadeth for me .
Posted 1/5/09
Screamo is the shit. Underoath = ♥
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.