First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Evolution gone wrong?
Posted 7/9/08
my life simply exists out of a few things:
I get out of my bed in the morning, eat something (half asleep), go somewhere(school or friends), eat there, come home, eat home, and go to bed again.
Most people would now conclude that my life is kinda boring. Well, that's no surprise: it is.
But somehow, my body can't handle the stress of this boring life.
I barely sleep at night, and I started to take sleep meds. because of it.
I have headaches very often combined with fever so I take paracetamol too (pretty much).
I guess the next question will be"how can such a boring life be so stressful for your body?!".
Well, even for that there should be a very simple explanation.
I think to much, my boring life allows me to start thinking about everything. All very useless questions, which don't really matter in life like:"why am I alive?", "what the hell am I doing here?", "why do people want me to go to school?", "why is the sky never green?", "why isn't the grass red?" and "what does my heart want to accomplish in life?"
In short: this is where evolution went wrong. The human is so smart and has so much time that the mind starts to think about suicide.

I want to know:
-Where do you think that evolution went wrong?
-Why do you think it went wrong?
-Could it be helped?

Or, didn't it go wrong to begin with?
634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/9/08 , edited 7/9/08
If you actually want to know (as in serious about) about your existence, then go read Jean-Paul Sartre's books. it answers your questioning of your place in life.

where do you think evolution went wrong? it didn't go wrong because it is all part of natural selection and i suggest that you read up on that topic first before trying to reply to me (if you do try)

why do you think it went wrong? this question is basically the same thing in question #1

Could it be helped? yes it could, by simply trying to create a meaning of existence for your life which is existentialism <--- go read the topic, search it in google before trying to attack this topic.

Problem solve in an identity crisis buh-bye
Posted 7/9/08
Existence will remain meaningless for you if you yourself do not penetrate into it with your active love and if you do not in this way discover its meaning for yourself. Everything is waiting to be hallowed by you; it is waiting to be disclosed in its meaning and to be realised in it by you.

~ Quote by Martin Buber
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/08
Evolution never went right. Honestly, from an atheistic and secular worldview; life will never ever ever have meaning. We are to exist, die, and cease function and never return to it. Nothing matters with how you lived. But this isn't the truth. The Truth can be found in Jesus. I live for my Savior, my life has meaning, and I experience the true love that only God can give. It isn't a crutch, and it isn't some emotional well-being, it is the real deal. Don't judge it if you haven't experienced it for yourself (But experiencing it means to turning back)
Posted 7/9/08


If you actually want to know (as in serious about) about your existence, then go read Jean-Paul Sartre's books. it answers your questioning of your place in life.

there is no natural reason to live, you have to find one urself. that's what I think.

where do you think evolution went wrong? it didn't go wrong because it is all part of natural selection and i suggest that you read up on that topic first before trying to reply to me (if you do try)

evolution: the strongest survives~ but what if it went wrong which would mean that those who aren't stronger survived, which means that the next generation well be possibly even weaker and that we will die in the end.~(please think about this possibility)

why do you think it went wrong? this question is basically the same thing in question #1
not true, the point where it went wrong and the reason why it went wrong on that point are two different things.

Could it be helped? yes it could, by simply trying to create a meaning of existence for your life which is existentialism <--- go read the topic, search it in google before trying to attack this topic.

If you think that an identity crises is the prob, yes. (my story is only my opinion/theory~)

Problem solve in an identity crisis buh-bye

on comment~
Posted 7/9/08

MidnightZorya wrote:

Existence will remain meaningless for you if you yourself do not penetrate into it with your active love and if you do not in this way discover its meaning for yourself. Everything is waiting to be hallowed by you; it is waiting to be disclosed in its meaning and to be realised in it by you.

~ Quote by Martin Buber


please explain what in the world this has to do with the topic?
Posted 7/9/08 , edited 7/9/08

Poison_Of_The_Heart wrote:


MidnightZorya wrote:

Existence will remain meaningless for you if you yourself do not penetrate into it with your active love and if you do not in this way discover its meaning for yourself. Everything is waiting to be hallowed by you; it is waiting to be disclosed in its meaning and to be realised in it by you.

~ Quote by Martin Buber


please explain what in the world this has to do with the topic?


It's a reference to the part where you said your life is boring and somewhat has no meaning to it. Evolution, and where it went wrong is just something that will be almost impossible to solve for us, and I am honestly not going to waste my thoughts on something that is passé. At least not for now.
Posted 7/9/08

MidnightZorya wrote:


Poison_Of_The_Heart wrote:



please explain what in the world this has to do with the topic?


It's a reference to the part where you said your life is boring and somewhat has no meaning to it. Evolution, and where it went wrong is just something that will be almost impossible to solve for us, and I am honestly not going to waste my thoughts on something that is passé. At least not for now.


I see. well I don't ask you to solve it. I only want to know what your thoughts are. but it seems like you don't feel like telling right now=P
634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/9/08 , edited 7/9/08
@your evolution reply. you worded it wrong its whoever is the most fit in the current enviroment they are in, not the strongest. also we would not be able to die because we are actually stronger than any species on earth. if your speaking about brawn strenght then off course we would lose because we are not meant for brawn but for intelligence and this is what makes us more powerful (the technology we create). if zombies arise, it would not conquer earth as our civilization will react immediately unlike some movies that say they will which is utter nonsense.

please explain your reasoning why it went wrong, it couldnt have possibly went wrong because we are who we are today, we live to advance in our knowledge but in the bigger view, we live to advance the civilization of humankind.

as you said, you should create a meaning of existence yourself and not someone elses (implying something)

Posted 7/9/08

MerFortune wrote:

@your evolution reply. you worded it wrong its whoever is the most fit in the current enviroment they are in, not the strongest. also we would not be able to die because we are actually stronger than any species on earth. if your speaking about brawn strenght then off course we would lose because we are not meant for brawn but for intelligence and this is what makes us more powerful (the technology we create). if zombies arise, it would not conquer earth as our civilization will react immediately unlike some movies that say they will which is utter nonsense.

please explain your reasoning why it went wrong, it couldnt have possibly went wrong because we are who we are today, we live to advance in our knowledge but in the bigger view, we live to advance the civilization of humankind.

as you said, you should create a meaning of existence yourself and not someone elses (implying something)



you say that our intelligence is our strenght, because we can create things that will us to survive like no other species on earth can.
what if one puts it this why: because we are used to these technologies: the human itself gets weaker.
when you have more time to spend and everything is done for you then try hard loses it's mean. which CAN mean that the human goes crazy, and gets lost ending with an early death~

but that's only my theory~
I want to hear yours if you have one.

*note: my spelling can be pretty bad because of two things:
-my first language isn't English
-I've got dyslexia

634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

Poison_Of_The_Heart wrote:


MerFortune wrote:

@your evolution reply. you worded it wrong its whoever is the most fit in the current enviroment they are in, not the strongest. also we would not be able to die because we are actually stronger than any species on earth. if your speaking about brawn strenght then off course we would lose because we are not meant for brawn but for intelligence and this is what makes us more powerful (the technology we create). if zombies arise, it would not conquer earth as our civilization will react immediately unlike some movies that say they will which is utter nonsense.

please explain your reasoning why it went wrong, it couldnt have possibly went wrong because we are who we are today, we live to advance in our knowledge but in the bigger view, we live to advance the civilization of humankind.

as you said, you should create a meaning of existence yourself and not someone elses (implying something)



you say that our intelligence is our strenght, because we can create things that will use to survive like no other species on earth can.
what if one puts it this way - because we are used to these technologies, the human itself gets weaker.
when you have more time to spend and everything is done for you then try hard loses it's mean. which CAN mean that the human goes crazy, and gets lost ending with an early death~

but that's only my theory~
I want to hear yours if you have one.

*note: my spelling can be pretty bad because of two things:
-my first language isn't English
-I've got dyslexia




sorry to hear that you have dyslexia... and i dont understand the part in red, please explain >.< so i can elaborate more in my explanation
Posted 7/9/08

MerFortune wrote:
then try hard loses it's mean. which CAN mean that the human goes crazy, and gets lost ending with an early death~




sorry to hear that you have dyslexia... and i dont understand the part in red, please explain >.< so i can elaborate more in my explanation


ok. All I say is just, what I think. I'm a messy mind, so it can be as right as wrong.

when the human lives in so much luxury, that humans got that much time to think, then they will end up thinking about so many things, that everything ends up to be kinda useless..
well, I think that's where humans will feel ike life makes no sense.
I think that maybe in the future, or even now already(look at how many emo's there are) people will just stop feeling like living, which would mean that they would either kill their selves, or just don't bother to take care of their selves.
that's the weak point of the human, and I think that is where evolution went wrong.
why it went wrong? because there were some hard-working generations who made all the technology for us=P

Posted 7/9/08



You seem more depressed than bored to me. Depressed with your boring life. If so try Cymbalta. Sorry, can't answer your questions because I don't think evolution is the cause of your boringness.
634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/9/08

Poison_Of_The_Heart wrote:


MerFortune wrote:
then try hard loses it's mean. which CAN mean that the human goes crazy, and gets lost ending with an early death~




sorry to hear that you have dyslexia... and i dont understand the part in red, please explain >.< so i can elaborate more in my explanation


ok. All I say is just, what I think. I'm a messy mind, so it can be as right as wrong.

when the human lives in so much luxury, that humans got that much time to think, then they will end up thinking about so many things, that everything ends up to be kinda useless..
well, I think that's where humans will feel ike life makes no sense.
I think that maybe in the future, or even now already(look at how many emo's there are) people will just stop feeling like living, which would mean that they would either kill their selves, or just don't bother to take care of their selves.
that's the weak point of the human, and I think that is where evolution went wrong.
why it went wrong? because there were some hard-working generations who made all the technology for us=P



Erm, if you are saying that - then it is not the matter of evolution but rather psychological. you feel that you live in so much luxury that you feel that you are useless yet you have relatives to care for (if you dont then thats just strange or have been in a major tragedy). Humans usually think this but in the end something major has to hit them to be able to start that suicide. I was in this state 15 months ago but now that i see that so many people care for me, why should i throw away my life so that it could benefit me but hurt a lot of people?

in this statement:
I think that maybe in the future, or even now already(look at how many emo's there are) people will just stop feeling like living, which would mean that they would either kill their selves, or just don't bother to take care of their selves.

yea there are those people with some psychological disorders but its the environment of their surroundings that causes them to do things. if you just suicide for fun its technically impossible to do so as it is human to have a living will (moral). In some cases though, bad-living conditions, death of loved one etc. things like that might push someone to commit suicide because of the state of confusion that has happened to them; it is all depression
Posted 7/9/08

MerFortune wrote:


Poison_Of_The_Heart wrote:


MerFortune wrote:
then try hard loses it's mean. which CAN mean that the human goes crazy, and gets lost ending with an early death~




sorry to hear that you have dyslexia... and i dont understand the part in red, please explain >.< so i can elaborate more in my explanation


ok. All I say is just, what I think. I'm a messy mind, so it can be as right as wrong.

when the human lives in so much luxury, that humans got that much time to think, then they will end up thinking about so many things, that everything ends up to be kinda useless..
well, I think that's where humans will feel ike life makes no sense.
I think that maybe in the future, or even now already(look at how many emo's there are) people will just stop feeling like living, which would mean that they would either kill their selves, or just don't bother to take care of their selves.
that's the weak point of the human, and I think that is where evolution went wrong.
why it went wrong? because there were some hard-working generations who made all the technology for us=P



Erm, if you are saying that - then it is not the matter of evolution but rather psychological. you feel that you live in so much luxury that you feel that you are useless yet you have relatives to care for (if you dont then thats just strange or have been in a major tragedy). Humans usually think this but in the end something major has to hit them to be able to start that suicide. I was in this state 15 months ago but now that i see that so many people care for me, why should i throw away my life so that it could benefit me but hurt a lot of people?

in this statement:
I think that maybe in the future, or even now already(look at how many emo's there are) people will just stop feeling like living, which would mean that they would either kill their selves, or just don't bother to take care of their selves.

yea there are those people with some psychological disorders but its the environment of their surroundings that causes them to do things. if you just suicide for fun its technically impossible to do so as it is human to have a living will (moral). In some cases though, bad-living conditions, death of loved one etc. things like that might push someone to commit suicide because of the state of confusion that has happened to them; it is all depression


what about psychological evolution?
and ~I think that people in a difficult situation have more reason to try hard to keep on living then people in luxury.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.