First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Don't bash God!
20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 7/10/08

animeprincess wrote:

^^ if god could do anything, could he have created monkeys, with a special gene that allows us to evolve?
since god can do anything, he can change monkeys into humans over a time period.


lol are you manal? o_o
2765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
Offline
Posted 7/10/08

excalion wrote:


animeprincess wrote:

^^ if god could do anything, could he have created monkeys, with a special gene that allows us to evolve?
since god can do anything, he can change monkeys into humans over a time period.


lol are you manal? o_o


what's a manal? ._.
20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 7/10/08

animeprincess wrote:


excalion wrote:


animeprincess wrote:

^^ if god could do anything, could he have created monkeys, with a special gene that allows us to evolve?
since god can do anything, he can change monkeys into humans over a time period.


lol are you manal? o_o


what's a manal? ._.


http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/manal
2765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
Offline
Posted 7/10/08

excalion wrote:


animeprincess wrote:


excalion wrote:


animeprincess wrote:

^^ if god could do anything, could he have created monkeys, with a special gene that allows us to evolve?
since god can do anything, he can change monkeys into humans over a time period.


lol are you manal? o_o


what's a manal? ._.


http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/manal

LOL! no, im not manal, but we do have the same avi, lol

Posted 7/10/08 , edited 7/10/08

MCRkixass wrote:

Not everyone believes in God. If you have a problem with it and can't handle people saying things about your religion, then GTFO and go to some other site.

This is a public forum where everyone is entitled to say what they want, and post their opinions. You are merely complaining about something you can't change and have created a thread that will, without a doubt, cause much trolling and even more bashing.

You are being an immature fool and not only that, your rant was so long I didn't even bother to read it. Stop forcing your thoughts and beliefs and go watch some anime if you can't handle the forums.




AkumaKitsune wrote:

I am sick and tired of people saying "man being a monkey back in the days". This is evolution-In biology, evolution is the process of change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms from one generation to the next. The genes that are passed on to an organism's offspring produce the inherited traits that are the basis of evolution. Mutations in genes can produce new or altered traits in individuals, resulting in the appearance of heritable differences between organisms, but new traits also come from the transfer of genes between populations, as in migration, or between species, in horizontal gene transfer. In species that reproduce sexually, new combinations of genes are produced by genetic recombination, which can increase the variation in traits between organisms. Evolution occurs when these heritable differences become more common or rare in a population.
Man and monkeys have a common ancestor!



AkumaKitsune wrote:

You are telling us not to bash when you have no clue about Atheist, Catholics, or other people with different beliefs and you bash them. You cannot insult something that you have not understand completely. You are just making your God as a scapegoat to bash others that are different from you to make yourself the good guy. How do you think about the innocent people that you have just insulted with this thread. I, being an Atheist and a believer in the theory of evolution, is respectful of other peoples beliefs as I wish that other people be respected of my beliefs. How do you except someone to listen to your claims when you don't listen to the claims of others? Think about it.



Let's have a round of applause for all of these fine people.

You are just plain ignorant and hateful with no good reason. This thread is overdue for its death.
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Closing in
Offline
Posted 7/10/08
One should separete the objectors.
One group is petty. They just like to joke around, especially with the genesis. They make snide remarks. Their remarks is more likely to make on critical to forums than to religion. I understand people's urge to be funny, even if at the asme time being quite insulting. What I can't understand is how they could possibly think they are really funny. Their remarks usually lack knowledge, intelligence, understanding, and for some reason sometimes include "quotes" for even as much as half a page, filled with the qualities the "answer" lacks. Proving even more this lack. Making a clear statement I can not make, because it might be flaming.

Some are critical, more in the lines of science and philosophy. Making valid points. maybe not correct, yet reamrks of intelligence and knowledge.

The last group is the group that has felt forced to critize. They may also have intelligence and knowledge, but it is obvious they also have a premium beef with religion. This group has had bad experience or "analyzed" a problem. They may look to churces and religion as money-leeching, dominating, manipulating, critical to science, offending, they may point out the fantatics, maybe they hate that some groups suffer because religion- like homosexuals. They may have made intolerant, insistent religious people. They may have been forced to go to church, etc. Their criticism usually refers to some religious people, perhaps even communities, but not to all. The fact that they fail to see that is the greatest problem with their criticism. Otherwise their criticism usually applies pretty well to some religious people. Otherwise this group are no worse than the religious people they critize, but no better than the tolerant respectful religious people.
692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / somewhere out there
Offline
Posted 7/10/08
Oh please... You go here, demand we stop bashing your God, then bash those who do not believe or believe another deity that isn't your God? Aren't you just doing the same thing? Also why do you think that atheists blame him for their misery? They don't even believe he exists! Also how can you just say that other religions are false? Did you know that Christianity isn't the first religion that people believed in? Also, Catholicism is a branch of Christianity. So, according to your belief, catholics are your "brothers."

also in the evolution vs creation thing... Which is better, evolving, meaning becoming better and more advanced than the common ancestor we share with apes , or creationism , meaning we came from Adam and Eve which makes us all products of incest?

I'd take being better than apes than being mutated due to incestuous relationships

Please, I have Christian friends and they do not care that I am a non-believer. They respect me and I respect them... Though we do have religious debates from time to time...

May I ask, have you ever talked to an atheist or people from other religions without judging them at first glance?

20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 7/10/08
Christians who strive to put the world into a miserable and dark light, have made the world into a miserable and dark place.
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ???.......i hate...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
GOD OWNS ALL im not going 2 bash on none christians so please DONT QUOTE ME OK!!! but in my culture of christianity it says any none believers go 2 hell so im sorry 2 all of u who dont believe in god!! i have non believer friends and i respect them so any body who want to "QUOTE" me DONT cause i do not want 2 start a silly convo that i kno im gonna win!!! but other than that 2 me god is all powerful!!! i love him and so should every1 else!!!
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

excalion wrote:

Sometimes, one remains on one side of an argument solely because the other does not cease to be insipid.


This is a credited statement.
18691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 7/13/08 , edited 7/13/08
If you put it this way,others will say "Then buddha is real then,he is the one who..blah blah"

If Christians claim they're right,Buddists claim they're right and Muslims claim they're right,then tell me,who is wrong in this world?

But actually,its your own beliefs really.And they should be respected
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
Who is wrong? Whoever God says is the Truth. I believe that the Truth is Christianity, and that Jesus is the Messiah. I believe that those who don't receive forgiveness and repent are going to hell, no exceptions. I am not hating on people though, just stating my beliefs.
463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Paris
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Superchick31 wrote:

I am sick and tired of people bashing God. He is the creator and he is the father of Jesus Christ. The darwin theory about man being a monkey back in the days is full of garbage. How can a monkey turned into a human. Why not believe that God created us? Why not believe that we are being taken care of? Why not?

BLAH BLAH BLAH


I'm sick of haters. People believe what they want. You are nothing, to tell the others what to believe.
20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

YouAreDumb wrote:


excalion wrote:

Sometimes, one remains on one side of an argument solely because the other does not cease to be insipid.


This is a credited statement.


Your point being...?

Before you respond, think of the circumstances and where we are posting. Consider, what was the point of my post in the first place, to get a point across or to flex my philosophical knowledge/readings of various philosophers?

If you want to credit all my random quotations that I put on here on a whim, go ahead. But really now, don't waste both of our times quoting me and offering nothing remotely sensible nor coherent towards the topic at hand.

The tone here is intentionally blunt and annoyed. My current mood holds a great distaste for people who are wasteful of my time.
463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Paris
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

animeprincess wrote:

creationism and evolutionism are both theories, we can never truly know until we have solid facts.


Theory of Evolution has a lot of proofs, found by scientists. But it stays a theory, because we don't have enough proofs. But this theory is the most logical.

Creationism does not have a scientific proof. You will never get your "solid facts" with Creationism.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.