First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Gintama Q's
Member
69515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Yamakawa12 wrote:

Are there more Gundam spoofs in Gintama or more Star Wars spoofs in Family Guy?


Gintama parodies everything in Japanese Culture and some American Culture, and some pop culture.

Family Guy parodies everything in American Culture and Pop culture.

Naturally you'll find tons of references in either from all sorts of stuff...
Member
639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Edo
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Fruitspunchsamurai wrote:


Yamakawa12 wrote:

Do O-tae & Kondo ever get together?


No. Not expecting it to happen either.


Arrr... that's just too bad for Kondo-san.
Member
69515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Yamakawa12 wrote:

Arrr... that's just too bad for Kondo-san.


I can't pity him... the man's crazy, and this is coming from me.
Member
639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Edo
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Fruitspunchsamurai wrote:


Yamakawa12 wrote:

Are there more Gundam spoofs in Gintama or more Star Wars spoofs in Family Guy?


Gintama parodies everything in Japanese Culture and some American Culture, and some pop culture.

Family Guy parodies everything in American Culture and Pop culture.

Naturally you'll find tons of references in either from all sorts of stuff...


Right you are, Fruitspunchsamurai. I just love how subtle the Gundam parodies are in Gintama. Awesome show + manga. Hope it never ends!
Member
639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Edo
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Fruitspunchsamurai wrote:


Yamakawa12 wrote:

Arrr... that's just too bad for Kondo-san.


I can't pity him... the man's crazy, and this is coming from me.


Lol. Don't worry, we know it's your obligation to hate the commander of the Shinsengumi.
Member
69515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Yamakawa12 wrote:
Right you are, Fruitspunchsamurai. I just love how subtle the Gundam parodies are in Gintama. Awesome show + manga. Hope it never ends!


It's not Fruitspunchsamurai, it's Katsura.

Gintama is already on it's third year going on fourth. It's never letting up on popularity either. It's just awesome like that.
Member
69515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Yamakawa12 wrote:

Lol. Don't worry, we know it's your obligation to hate the commander of the Shinsengumi. :)


Trust me it's not difficult when that bakayarou is claiming to own the justice league when we clearly have batman on the Joi Shishi! He also thinks he can override a climactic battle using a gameshark and he also thinks that the Tanked Sony company can outdo Bentendo when obviously the OWee and even the Famicon beat the sales of the Playstation 3! It's irritating! He also thinks he can beat me on a Gal game! I proved him wrong on all ways... and as the leader of the Joi Shishi I will acknowledge his inability to win Otae's heart as well... It's his achillies heel because Otae is obviously getting her anti-stalker supplies from us...

Member
639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Edo
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Fruitspunchsamurai wrote:


Yamakawa12 wrote:

Lol. Don't worry, we know it's your obligation to hate the commander of the Shinsengumi. :)


Trust me it's not difficult when that bakayarou is claiming to own the justice league when we clearly have batman on the Joi Shishi! He also thinks he can override a climactic battle using a gameshark and he also thinks that the Tanked Sony company can outdo Bentendo when obviously the OWee and even the Famicon beat the sales of the Playstation 3! It's irritating! He also thinks he can beat me on a Gal game! I proved him wrong on all ways... and as the leader of the Joi Shishi I will acknowledge his inability to win Otae's heart as well... It's his achillies heel because Otae is obviously getting her anti-stalker supplies from us...



Arrr... that's where O-tae-san has been receiving her anti-stalker supplies. Thanks for the information, Fruitspunc... I mean Katsura-dono.
Member
69515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Yamakawa12 wrote:
Arrr... that's where O-tae-san has been receiving her anti-stalker supplies. Thanks for the information, Fruitspunc... I mean Katsura-dono.


Isn't it obvious?

With SOL bearing a Joi trademark?




and Justaways from one of our factories?




Who do you think gave Gintoki that job when he was amnesiac? I did. Otae-sama also works at my club where Oryou-san Sakamoto's girlfriend is in charge. Did anyone ever give a moment to think maybe *gasp* Otae's a joi?
Member
7811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / It's not location...
Offline
Posted 7/14/08

Fruitspunchsamurai wrote:

No, but I am a master of disguise. I can wear all types of disguises. My favorite is space captain disguise!


So thus.....Katsura janai! Captain Katsura da!

aaaar, anyway, I saw in the manga that there's an ep when Gintoki dresses as Vampire.....I guess I'll do some photoshop work then when that ep is subbed....^o^ -*-
Member
7811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / It's not location...
Offline
Posted 7/14/08

Fruitspunchsamurai wrote:


Yamakawa12 wrote:
Arrr... that's where O-tae-san has been receiving her anti-stalker supplies. Thanks for the information, Fruitspunc... I mean Katsura-dono.


Isn't it obvious?

With SOL bearing a Joi trademark?




and Justaways from one of our factories?




Who do you think gave Gintoki that job when he was amnesiac? I did. Otae-sama also works at my club where Oryou-san Sakamoto's girlfriend is in charge. Did anyone ever give a moment to think maybe *gasp* Otae's a joi?


Oh, so it's her who went berserked when Joi is moving from being extreme to moderate? O.o
Gee...I was wondering for quite a long time....who was it that threw justaways and hand grenades around the headquarter, so it's her then.....
Posted 7/14/08
who would win in a fight kondo or sadaharu
Member
69515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ...
Offline
Posted 7/14/08

goldengoat55555 wrote:

who would win in a fight kondo or sadaharu


Let's look at the obvious...

GIANT DOG GOD vs

Pansy Gorilla



UM YEAH Kondo would lose.
Posted 7/14/08

Fruitspunchsamurai wrote:


goldengoat55555 wrote:

who would win in a fight kondo or sadaharu


Let's look at the obvious...

GIANT DOG GOD vs

Pansy Gorilla



UM YEAH Kondo would lose.


you gotta make it fair



Member
1238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 7/16/08
what about gintoki's past ?
It is not yet revealed, maybe revealed towards the near end of the Gintama series.

Do O-tae & Kondo ever get together?
Hard to say...

Are there more Gundam spoofs in Gintama or more Star Wars spoofs in Family Guy?
Gintama got more gundam spoofs only in anime... For example Kagura's father was recruited by some gundam villian in the anime, but in the manga version he was recruited by samurai helmet darth vader look alike.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.