First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
16 year old kid almost got 90 years in prison for watching porn
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/11/08 , edited 7/11/08

kino_neko wrote:

ha ha stupid kid......lol and child porn...hmmm kinda creepy and gross


Anything below 18 is considered child porn. They never stated how old the girls in the photo looked, which probably means that they were around his age. Taking that into fact its really not all that shocking or wrong IMO. Granted they shouldn't be on the internet, but still fucking up a kids life like that or even trying to is just fucked up. Almost every male has seen some type of porn by age 12ish.


SeraphAlford wrote:


Raikuga wrote:

even if he did download 9 pics of child porn i cant agree that 90 years is what he would of deserved. he didnt hurt anyone. murderers get less time than that. not to mention hes 16. not like hes 40. not that that justifies it because it certainly doesnt.
maybe internet probation for a while but not 90 years lol.


I think you misunderstand me. I think, from a legal perspective, -if- he looked at the purposefully, he should get the 90 years that anyone else would get. Does he deserve to spend his life in prison? No, I don’t believe anybody -deserves- that. None the less, rather or not he deserves it, he doesn’t get special treatment because he’s a “good kid.”

I think the law is flawed and needs to be augmented. However, it is still the law and everyone is bound by it. We don’t get to be prejudice and say, “well he’s never done drugs or drank beer, so he gets away free of charge.”


You actually agree that he should get the 90 years if he purposefully looked at it? Fucking bullshit.

True because hes a good kid shouldn't come into factor, but why does being a celebrity or skin color come into factor and not being a "good" kid?


Allanon0904 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:

Well, that sucks. He said he didn’t know how they got onto his computer. I don’t really buy that part, but a lot of kids get curious. The boy sounds a lot like me: a goodie-goodie looser who probably doesn’t fit in and is really awkward in a social environment.


I really wish the article has specified the location of the pictures on his computer, the number of his web browsers, the state of his browsers' cookies, caches, and temporary files, the number of hidden folders in his computer, how often he run an anti-virus and anti-spyware check on his computer, and whether his recycle bin is empty.

Unless he is an exceptionally intelligent boy, we could easily come to a conclusion of whether he intentionally downloaded the pictures base on those information.

I remember the article mentioned that they found more than 200 infected files on his computer, but that does not prove anything. If he were smart (and according to the article, he is smart), he could have easily created, or downloaded those files to create fake evidences to aid his innocent.

Also, why didn't the police check the deleted files on his hard drive for other porn pictures and videos? One down side of computer is that you cannot completely delete anything. Whatever you downloaded, it stays on your computer's hard drive forever, even though you thought you've erased all traces of it. The only way to completely erase those files is to destroy the hard drive physically. If there are evidences of deleted porn files on his computer, that means he's not innocent.

Anyway, for now I will assume that he intentionally downloaded those pornography because if it weren't him, why didn't he delete it for good?



Doesn't take a genius to learn about 30 minutes worth of how a computer works to make sure there are zero traces of anything on your internet browser and you can't salvage deleted files.

They never really stated where the photos were though. Not everyone checks every single folder when they are on the computer. If its on his desktop then yeah he should have fucking gotten rid of them and is an idiot for not doing so.
Posted 7/11/08
Dang that's scary. Threatned 90 years in prison. Shit . . .
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 7/11/08
doesnt that proves the police or the law is kinda stupid?
8471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/11/08
I'm not taking this seriously, but that kid should know that watching porn is not good for underage. Even though it's underage, those polices didn't have to barge into his house breaking down the door and point a gun at his head. That makes it look like he killed someone. If I were that kid, I wouldn't even start watching porn.

Even though he's underage, he's just 2 years away from being 18 and they still take it seriously? Phoenix has one strict law and they should just chill out. Barging into someones house just to point a gun at a kid is taking it to seriously. they sure are mad...

About that "200 infected" viruses, he should probably scan his computer after he watch porn and not use Yahoo source because I think they detect things much faster. In fact, he should've used a source where he can't get caught easily or its just that Pheonix made Yahoo more strict about child porn x_O

In my opinion, Phoenix shouldn't be that strict about child porn and at least warn them on their computer because breaking down someones houses door is just taking things waay too far.
7757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/11/08 , edited 7/11/08

Incontrovertible wrote:

Doesn't take a genius to learn about 30 minutes worth of how a computer works to make sure there are zero traces of anything on your internet browser and you can't salvage deleted files.
.


As computer users, we must understand that there's no such thing as "leaving zero traces". Whether it is your web browser or hard drive, whatever you did on there, whatever you saved and downloaded stays there forever.

As you surf the net, your logs are being monitor and saved by the ISP. If the police need those information, the ISP will provide them. The same with hard drives. You might thought you have deleted the files, and removed all traces of them, but in truth, you have not, and you never will. The files stay on your hard drive, and if need to be, they could be recover. The only way to completely remove the files is to physically destroy the hard drive (maybe by a hammer )





Incontrovertible wrote:

You actually agree that he should get the 90 years if he purposefully looked at it? Fucking bullshit.

True because hes a good kid shouldn't come into factor, but why does being a celebrity or skin color come into factor and not being a "good" kid?


I think you misunderstood him there. I think he meant that, like all of us, he dislike such harsh punishment, but law is law, there's nothing they could do. Morality is different from ethics. Much like compassion and integrity, law and ethics sometimes conflict each other. What is ethical might not be moral.

For example, if a student were being bully by two other students. It happened during reset but no one stopped to help the bullied student and no teacher was around. The bullied student reached his limit of endurance and started to beat up the other two bullies. Then all three of them were sent to the principal’s office. So, if you were the principal, what would you do? Ethically, you would suspend the two bullies and let the bullied student go. However, morally, you should suspend all three of them because fighting is just simply wrong and all participations suffer the same punishment.


======================================

Oh, by the way, to the people who are going to post, have you realized that this article is but merely a fake?
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/11/08

Allanon0904 wrote:


Incontrovertible wrote:

Doesn't take a genius to learn about 30 minutes worth of how a computer works to make sure there are zero traces of anything on your internet browser and you can't salvage deleted files.
.


As computer users, we must understand that there's no such thing as "leaving zero traces". Whether it is your web browser or hard drive, whatever you did on there, whatever you saved and downloaded stays there forever.

As you surf the net, your logs are being monitor and saved by the ISP. If the police need those information, the ISP will provide them. The same with hard drives. You might thought you have deleted the files, and removed all traces of them, but in truth, you have not, and you never will. The files stay on your hard drive, and if need to be, they could be recover. The only way to completely remove the files is to physically destroy the hard drive (maybe by a hammer )


And how would you recover deleted files exactly? System restore points won't do it.
7757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/11/08 , edited 7/11/08

Incontrovertible wrote:



And how would you recover deleted files exactly? System restore points won't do it.


When you empty the Recycle Bin (Windows), Trash (Mac), or Wastebin (Linux), the computer doesn't remove the file immediately. In other words, the files aren't really deleted. The files seemed to disappear from sight, and the space on your hard drive seemed to be freed up a bit, but the disk space does not get re-used right away, so the data of the file will stay there for a while longer.

Computer experts could easily recover these files somehow, I have no clue. But for us normal users, you could use some third party softwares out there to do the job. Go Google them.

Again, I am no computer expert. Putting together different parts into a computer, using softwares, and surfing the net are all I know. Don't make life difficult for me
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/11/08

Allanon0904 wrote:


Incontrovertible wrote:



And how would you recover deleted files exactly? System restore points won't do it.


When you empty the Recycle Bin (Windows), Trash (Mac), or Wastebin (Linux), the computer doesn't remove the file immediately. In other words, the files aren't really deleted. The files seemed to disappear from sight, and the space on your hard drive seemed to be freed up a bit, but the disk space does not get re-used right away, so the data of the file will stay there for a while longer.

Computer experts could easily recover these files somehow, I have no clue. But for us normal users, you could use some third party softwares out there to do the job. Go Google them.

Again, I am no computer expert. Putting together different parts into a computer, using softwares, and surfing the net are all I know. Don't make life difficult for me


Nono I'm not saying a rush job deletion right before someone checks it. I'm saying at least a month prior. No computer expert could retrieve deleted files after a month.

And the disk space can be reused right away.
13092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/11/08
god bleh trying to learn to rape little kids
Posted 7/11/08

Incontrovertible wrote:


Allanon0904 wrote:


Incontrovertible wrote:



And how would you recover deleted files exactly? System restore points won't do it.


When you empty the Recycle Bin (Windows), Trash (Mac), or Wastebin (Linux), the computer doesn't remove the file immediately. In other words, the files aren't really deleted. The files seemed to disappear from sight, and the space on your hard drive seemed to be freed up a bit, but the disk space does not get re-used right away, so the data of the file will stay there for a while longer.

Computer experts could easily recover these files somehow, I have no clue. But for us normal users, you could use some third party softwares out there to do the job. Go Google them.

Again, I am no computer expert. Putting together different parts into a computer, using softwares, and surfing the net are all I know. Don't make life difficult for me


Nono I'm not saying a rush job deletion right before someone checks it. I'm saying at least a month prior. No computer expert could retrieve deleted files after a month.

And the disk space can be reused right away.


Yes, a computer expert could retrieve the deleted files.

When you store data on a harddisk, the data is physically(magnetically) written onto the disc. When you delete the data, the "written" data on the disc remains there, what gets deleted is your computers knowledge of data being there. As long as the "written" data does not get overwritten by other data, it will remain there for whatever amount of time. So lets say you deleted something a month ago, and all the data you downloaded over the past month does not overwrite what you deleted; the data will remain on the disk for any computer expert to see.
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/11/08

mangoku wrote:


Incontrovertible wrote:


Allanon0904 wrote:


Incontrovertible wrote:



And how would you recover deleted files exactly? System restore points won't do it.


When you empty the Recycle Bin (Windows), Trash (Mac), or Wastebin (Linux), the computer doesn't remove the file immediately. In other words, the files aren't really deleted. The files seemed to disappear from sight, and the space on your hard drive seemed to be freed up a bit, but the disk space does not get re-used right away, so the data of the file will stay there for a while longer.

Computer experts could easily recover these files somehow, I have no clue. But for us normal users, you could use some third party softwares out there to do the job. Go Google them.

Again, I am no computer expert. Putting together different parts into a computer, using softwares, and surfing the net are all I know. Don't make life difficult for me


Nono I'm not saying a rush job deletion right before someone checks it. I'm saying at least a month prior. No computer expert could retrieve deleted files after a month.

And the disk space can be reused right away.


Yes, a computer expert could retrieve the deleted files.

When you store data on a harddisk, the data is physically(magnetically) written onto the disc. When you delete the data, the "written" data on the disc remains there, what gets deleted is your computers knowledge of data being there. As long as the "written" data does not get overwritten by other data, it will remain there for whatever amount of time. So lets say you deleted something a month ago, and all the data you downloaded over the past month does not overwrite what you deleted; the data will remain on the disk for any computer expert to see.


So then... couldn't you just use up all the space on your hard drive and then it would be overwritten?
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/08

hata64bonu wrote:

Nah, you're not biased. Well, after all, curiosity did kill the cat!

I feel bad for the poor boy, I mean.... he wasn't a sex offender and he's 16?!! Sex offenders should be found, killed and tortured for what they do to poor girls!!! I mean.... if he just suddenly got a curiosity to surf the net and finds pornography, shouldn't this sound more like it was the parents' fault? What about the father... was he doing anything rather inappropriate?

Give the poor guy a chance! To me, he seems completely innocent, I mean sex offenders should be charged for taking a girl's life span [ which is the same as a man of course ]. The officers should've taken a more deeper investigation of the boy's life, his parents [mummy dear and daddy's personalities] and if he should be really put to prison for 60 years!

BESIDES, THERE IS SOMETHING PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PORNO AND AGE VERIFICATION.
When you go to a porno site [never gone to one, my source for this is my male friends], the age verification is completely useless because all you have to do is accept the "terms" and "privacy policy" [as if there is any privacy to the guy or the girl] and there you go... you don't even have to be 18+!!!



What they do to poor girls? You know, within a certain age range (I believe it was 6-11) more boys are molested/raped than girls? In all other areas more females are sexually assaulted or harassed, but within a finite areas boys are more often subject to it.

Well, sex-offenders aren’t all men. Their victims aren’t all girls. I was molested as a small child, and I’m a man. Which is why I noted that I’m probably biased. Although my thinking and logic make since to me it’s certainly possible my past experiences are influencing that.

As far as killing somebody, or torturing them-no, no, no. I disagree so very much. Sex-offenders don’t deserve to die. Really, nobody does, and I certainly don’t feel our government has the right to decide who does and doesn’t get to live like that.

In any case a lot of the times these things are exaggerated for various reasons. One is that it makes a good story. Another is that people like attention. Yet another is that it’s effective in a legal setting. Whatever the case, I’ve gone on living my whole life more or less just like everyone else.

I’m a bit of a pervert-but that’s probably because I’m a teenage boy. (Not to mention an ‘artsy type.’) Also, I’ve been very awkward about any form of physical contact with people I’m not really close to. But then, so are a lot of people who haven’t been significantly hurt in their life.

Being molested is a humiliating experience. But, if you can think about your most embarrassing moment…did it ruin your life? No, not at all. Now, when somebody gets pregnant-things change a touch.

That really can significantly effect your life. Not just psychologically, but tangibly and physically. Many women are too weak and just murder the child in their womb. Now, I can’t blame them-I wouldn’t have the strength to “do what was right,” either, but the fact is that abortions only further scar women.

Not physically. Actually, it’s very rare that any mild or serious medical issues result from an abortion. It’s actually relatively safe-for the mother. (at least compared to some other operations.) Psychologically, however, a lot of women are crushed with guilt or because of abortions.

Combine that with the constant humiliation of having been raped or molested… I can’t imagine.

None the less, they can and -do- everyday continue living. They’re chances of having a fulfilling life aren’t any lower than mine or yours. I can tell you I’d rather be raped than killed.

So, I don’t personally feel that molester, lolicons, or even rapist deserve to die-much less be tortured to death.


3630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Mars
Offline
Posted 7/12/08
what's up with that, a guy can't even look at porn anymore? I know it's child porn but still, 90 years in prison is too much.
17809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 7/12/08
come on... 16 or 60 y/o the most anyone should get for possessing child porn is a fine... distributing maybe a little more but jail time is just ridiculous
Posted 7/12/08

Incontrovertible wrote:

So then... couldn't you just use up all the space on your hard drive and then it would be overwritten?


You could, it would be impractical to use up all your disk space just to make sure one file is overwritten
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.