First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Does anybody think that Final Fantasy X-2 was a rip off?
136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/28/07
This is why i always said that it would be a horrible idea to make a sequel to any FF game (i.e. putting the characters from 8 into a new FF and calling it 15 or something....or 8-2) but they did, and my theory was pretty much right, it was a horrible game. i Maxed out the play time at like 13 hours..everything was just so simple it was nausiating...at least in the previous FF games there was always at least one boss i would be stuck on for an hour or so.

Ah, i remember back in the good ol days when RPG's let you roam around the world freely, took a minimum of 12 hours of game play. had a decent story line (unlike x-2) and yeah, they MADE you use the main character. (its just me but...who cares if you dont like the main character, you should have to play him/her at all possible times, they're the main fucking character for christ sake...[actually, i think this is partly why no one really likes Tidus, and if you do, you probably used him in your party] honestly, if squall or cloud weren't mandantory characters, no one would probably like them either
85 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/1/07

purplelover wrote:

i did esp at the end(no yuna and titan)!!!I was MAD!!!


I'm guessing you didn't get the good ending??

Hmm wow im so shocked O.O
Both games were like a masterpeice imo. FFX set up this amazing and unique world and the character designs had such strong personality. No other game sparked such an emotional response from me (ie Yunas water dance, the last movie), i found i actually cared about the characters. Also don't mistake the kind of atmosphere created in FFX2 as laziness on the makers part. The "happy-go-lucky" mood was a welcome change and completely intentional. This games was originally set to be a spin off so it was never intended ot be as strong in terms of plot, but the post-sin world was fun, and it made you happy just to play. Incorporating jpop was also a great idea and the ending was exactly what everyone was hoping for. I don't see how anyone can complain :(
And in terms of review clearly no one was...from memory ffx scored 100% from a few reliable sources, and ffx2 not far off.

6787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Zealand/Auckland
Offline
Posted 3/1/07
i dont think its a rip off its was good....
27969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/1/07
I didnt think it was as good as previous ones but was still really enjoyable to play. The whole dress system was good. I enjoyed making Yuna a strong fighter instead of a weak healer. Loved the special dresspheres as well. Quite a cool concept. Miss the idea of changing weapons though.
Posted 3/1/07
i had to play it three freaking times to get the perfect ending
5891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Imagination Land
Offline
Posted 3/4/07
it wasn't a ripp-off but it was sure shit
3583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / ?????
Offline
Posted 3/4/07
I wish they would just STOP at ffx...and they do not have the victory trademark song in ffx-2!!
1613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / San Francisco, CA
Offline
Posted 3/4/07

BlackRagDoll wrote:

I wish they would just STOP at ffx...and they do not have the victory trademark song in ffx-2!!


I don't know...XII is pretty good...
3583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / ?????
Offline
Posted 3/4/07

Micael wrote:


BlackRagDoll wrote:

I wish they would just STOP at ffx...and they do not have the victory trademark song in ffx-2!!


I don't know...XII is pretty good...



Yeah FFXII is good..what I'm trying to say is they shouldn't make a sequel of FFX.

Btw, my FFXII game got stuck at phon coast and the screen just stayed black for hours and hours...thats sad! TT__TT Same thing happened when tried to fight dark valefor back when I was 14..
20499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The World
Offline
Posted 3/4/07

karui wrote:


purplelover wrote:

i did esp at the end(no yuna and titan)!!!I was MAD!!!


I'm guessing you didn't get the good ending??

Hmm wow im so shocked O.O
Both games were like a masterpeice imo. FFX set up this amazing and unique world and the character designs had such strong personality. No other game sparked such an emotional response from me (ie Yunas water dance, the last movie), i found i actually cared about the characters. Also don't mistake the kind of atmosphere created in FFX2 as laziness on the makers part. The "happy-go-lucky" mood was a welcome change and completely intentional. This games was originally set to be a spin off so it was never intended ot be as strong in terms of plot, but the post-sin world was fun, and it made you happy just to play. Incorporating jpop was also a great idea and the ending was exactly what everyone was hoping for. I don't see how anyone can complain :(
And in terms of review clearly no one was...from memory ffx scored 100% from a few reliable sources, and ffx2 not far off.



i kinda agree with you. The ending was what i was looking for seeing how FFX made me wonder what the hell happen after tidus dissapear.

i thought it was pretty good, considering it does have some forbitable boss to fight, like that demon bastard from the desert mission for the cacti monsters. I do miss the sword changing part but the dressphere was pretty nice and the combo chain damage , both gave a new feel to the battling. I love the trigger move. The storyline of this game was more like a conclusion for FFX where they left us a cliffhanger ending. I like the game basically, and i didn't think it was a rip off.....and you have plenty of lil mini games to play, and i think the Blitzball game was pretty fun, it was just kinda hard, i say is a buy game but of course its just my opinion.^-^
407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Mooon
Offline
Posted 3/4/07
I don't think its a rip-off. I mean, it was us (the fans) who demanded a number two to Final Fantasy 10. ^^;; The end of FFX-2 was pleasing enough (if good ending or perfect ending). It's not that hard to get it Just explore and talk to everyone and do every little thing in every chapter; and if not the first time, try again with the same file and or use a Walkthrough on Gamefaqs or something. ^_^

True enough; X-2 couldn't live up to X, for the storyline was weakkkkkkksauce. the battles were actually fun though; ^^;;
1684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Chicago
Offline
Posted 3/4/07
I hated the battle scenes in FFX-2. So bad. And dresssperes? I mean, come on.

The "A Thousand Words" song made up for most of it. My sister plays it now, as I only play KH and KH2.
Posted 3/4/07

imaviet wrote:


True enough; X-2 couldn't live up to X, for the storyline was weakkkkkkksauce. the battles were actually fun though; ^^;;


...YOU better NOT be telling me that FFX story was solid and well done...or i might have to kill you ..haha is he joking?.....youll find out!

Trevor (OP)
bakoi 
2291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Greensboro, NC
Offline
Posted 3/4/07
Can I get a hell yeah?

That game was a rip off. FF10 itself wasn't too good anyway. If they wanted to make a sequel, they should have made it A LOT better than what it was.
1613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / San Francisco, CA
Offline
Posted 3/4/07

kyocool wrote:


imaviet wrote:


True enough; X-2 couldn't live up to X, for the storyline was weakkkkkkksauce. the battles were actually fun though; ^^;;


...YOU better NOT be telling me that FFX story was solid and well done...or i might have to kill you ..haha is he joking?.....youll find out!

Trevor (OP)


*hands kyo a chill pill* I'll go after him! Nonononononono, X was nothing to be "lived up" to. Square just made a multi-million dollar mistake. That's all. *Lets Kyocool go after him*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.