First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
NA Brothers
1946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 7/22/08

killar wrote:

^ lol You live in the wrong state. In Texas the cops let you get away with ANYTHING. I ran my rx7 with no cats, just a strait pipe exhaust for a full year and never got pulled over. And NA rx7's with no exhaust are LOUD.

I've even raced a cop in a Charger at a stop light, no ticket. At the next light he even did a burn out :). Down here as long as you stay away from state troopers the cops are cool as hell.


Haha, that sounds like a cool cop. I hear Texas is a pretty chill state for modified cars. Oklahoma isn't bad, it's just not as huge as Texas.
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
Yeah I have red and blue lighting on my Scion. You would think I'd get tickets like crazy for that but instead cops come up to me complimenting how cool it looks =/
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/22/08

killar wrote:

^ lol You live in the wrong state. In Texas the cops let you get away with ANYTHING. I ran my rx7 with no cats, just a strait pipe exhaust for a full year and never got pulled over. And NA rx7's with no exhaust are LOUD.

I've even raced a cop in a Charger at a stop light, no ticket. At the next light he even did a burn out :). Down here as long as you stay away from state troopers the cops are cool as hell.


agreed. but at the same time, it makes what i do with my cars have that much more meaning.

CA police in general got over $2mil in funding i believe just for cracking down on street racing, and really, cops can tow your car at almost any time for any reason and ticket you just the same.

recently they've been fixated on Honda Civics and 89-93 240's.

When they see heavily modified cars like the kind you see at the more performance-oriented carshows, the cops typically leave those alone because 80% of the time the guys they try pulling over have the $$$ to get the cop in trouble with their superiors.

and just out of curiosity, how's the ethnic diversity in texas?

my family has been wanting to move there for a while and i'm just piss-scared i'll end up in the same neighborhood i'm living in now: No Asians Allowed.
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
Haha well yeah things are kinda mixed up decently. My street for instance has Blacks, Whites, Asians, and Mexicans in a pretty decent neighborhood. As long as you are in mid-range to upper class areas the ethnic diversity is pretty good. Of course you can expect tons of Mexicans everywhere (Mexico is right next door after all) but they usually stay in the lower class areas in the hood with lower class blacks.

Now that I think about it, I see lots of Asians but I don't know where they mostly stay =/

But you should move out here, Cali is stupidly expensive. In Texas I bet you could get an house twice the size of whatever your in for about the same price as you pay in Cali.
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / california
Offline
Posted 7/23/08
ehhh i like what everyone says.....the hondas vs nissans...lol gotta love the competition, but those 2 companies went into seperate directions... honestly hondas are very quick with na blah blah blah but imo 240 is a lot better platform than any honda....get it ANY...just think of the displacement/ torque curve (oh wait hondas dont even have torque) lol j/p i love hondas dont get me wrong...but i dont see the reason to spend so much money on a honda....ITS BORING! i had a ek with b20 vtec b18 head ran skunk 2 cams/intake/headers/exhaust/full suspension, i even went to grip events...and OMG its soo boring...and when i take out my 240's or z its soo much fun without the understeer and let it slip into an oversteer but yah honda nas are fast but def not worth it....240 is the new honda people...so go join the fanboy club and go get one lol

yah...the cops have been cracking down a lot...cause of dumb people who street race....and i know a lot of you who owns cars (moded cars) street race, people like you do not deserve a car. i may have basically a fully built 240's and a z i DO get hassled by cops but as long as your honest and not doing anything dumb that cant give you anything and + my 240 never sees the streets anymore.only track so i win!

but the point of all this is...nice looking hondas that pretty much look the same as any other honda out there no offense to honda guys...but all you guys tend to use oem stuff...type r this type r that, that was one of the reason i left the honda scene, boring ass cars, no torque, idiotic ricers, and around the oc most honda drivers think they are gangster and bump gangster music revving at stop lights etc, im not saying all of them are like that but most of the ones in the oc are
1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/08
I got pulled over by a cop and let go w/ verbal warning cuz i played it nice

milpitas cops are :thumbdown: or most cops in the bay for that matter

my exhaust system is not loud and have a ultra quiet resonator (the canister/cylinder shaped ones not the bottle) sounds like shit will swap out for a vibrant bottle shaped 2.5 or something later
probably got pulled in the first place cuz its a 4.5" tip

i also hate thieves and therefore have a wide variety of blunt weapons i.e) baseball bat

cali is the worse place to be for mod/tuned cars but there are so many here =\

bay area is more tame as the OC

i havn't really met any dumb asses and the ricers up here don't do ricer shit except having horrible taste in mods
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / california
Offline
Posted 7/23/08

YagamiLight wrote:

I got pulled over by a cop and let go w/ verbal warning cuz i played it nice

milpitas cops are :thumbdown: or most cops in the bay for that matter

my exhaust system is not loud and have a ultra quiet resonator (the canister/cylinder shaped ones not the bottle) sounds like shit will swap out for a vibrant bottle shaped 2.5 or something later
probably got pulled in the first place cuz its a 4.5" tip

i also hate thieves and therefore have a wide variety of blunt weapons i.e) baseball bat

cali is the worse place to be for mod/tuned cars but there are so many here =\

bay area is more tame as the OC

i havn't really met any dumb asses and the ricers up here don't do ricer shit except having horrible taste in mods


wordddd lol


i kinda cant keep mine quiet...its now a track car so i dont care how loud it is, but basically no cat just piping downpipe back straightpipe for super loudness....on my z i kept my exhaust stock...just has suspension wheels and aero
1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/08 , edited 7/23/08
i don't care how loud it is unless its like those ear piercing trucks on the highway that is definitely over 90+ db

i'll eventually do a entire new custom setup if i get a spoon n1

im currently running 2.5" pipes all the way from a 4-2-1 dc header and shits way too quiet cuz of the can resonator =\

really doesn't suit the cannon 4.5" tip =\
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / california
Offline
Posted 7/23/08

YagamiLight wrote:

i don't care how loud it is unless its like those ear piercing trucks on the highway that is definitely over 90+ db

i'll eventually do a entire new custom setup if i get a spoon n1

im currently running 2.5" pipes all the way from a 4-2-1 dc header and shits way too quiet cuz of the can resonator =\

really doesn't suit the cannon 4.5" tip =\




yah im running greddy downpipe and custom 3" exhaust back to a blitz nurspec....so...yah hella loud i dont mind its loudness....(at the track) i be bumpin some music anyways
Posted 7/23/08 , edited 7/23/08

yangss14 wrote:


YagamiLight wrote:

i don't care how loud it is unless its like those ear piercing trucks on the highway that is definitely over 90+ db

i'll eventually do a entire new custom setup if i get a spoon n1

im currently running 2.5" pipes all the way from a 4-2-1 dc header and shits way too quiet cuz of the can resonator =\

really doesn't suit the cannon 4.5" tip =\




yah im running greddy downpipe and custom 3" exhaust back to a blitz nurspec....so...yah hella loud i dont mind its loudness....(at the track) i be bumpin some music anyways


LOL that is whats up bump music and the turbo spool are all ways a good combo, i have a HKS hi power exhaust om my and god dam bitch is hella loud
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/24/08

killar wrote:

Haha well yeah things are kinda mixed up decently. My street for instance has Blacks, Whites, Asians, and Mexicans in a pretty decent neighborhood. As long as you are in mid-range to upper class areas the ethnic diversity is pretty good. Of course you can expect tons of Mexicans everywhere (Mexico is right next door after all) but they usually stay in the lower class areas in the hood with lower class blacks.

Now that I think about it, I see lots of Asians but I don't know where they mostly stay =/

But you should move out here, Cali is stupidly expensive. In Texas I bet you could get an house twice the size of whatever your in for about the same price as you pay in Cali.


Lol you are correct. I've had friends in Galveston and Austin send me house ads from the markets and whatnot and dammit they are indeed cheaper and better quality than what you can get for the same price in CA.

I'm still on-the-wall about it because i have a ton of friends/teammates that have history as a socal team (actual documented history not BS history lol) and so in a way, unless i have built a badass car to compete in TX shows and perhaps build another leg of the team there, idk if i'd be able to pull it off.

perhaps buy a property and rent it out for some basic residuals til something breaks.


yangss14 wrote:

but the point of all this is...nice looking hondas that pretty much look the same as any other honda out there no offense to honda guys...but all you guys tend to use oem stuff...type r this type r that, that was one of the reason i left the honda scene, boring ass cars, no torque, idiotic ricers, and around the oc most honda drivers think they are gangster and bump gangster music revving at stop lights etc, im not saying all of them are like that but most of the ones in the oc are


The guys using jdm oem setups are abundant because some people still think rare jdm = winner at shows. I see these guys all the time. TypeR look might be nice as a sleeper, but cops read 'honda tuning' mags as well. *the skilled unbiased ones and the ones who want to be sure to bust you for a buck*

There are countless aftermarket modifications that made hondas no longer look like hondas like windtunnel and tuft-tested and proven bodykit mods (rare) and revamped engine mods. problem is they cost a lot. $3000 for headers? $1000 for a front bumper? $4000 for rims without tires? most honda owners wouldn't love their honda that much despite the "I heart my honda" vinyls. lol.

and hey, i bump my gangsta music too!

nothin' screams gangsta' than a deep HKS Carbon Ti with 2.75" piping and music from four 10" subs and two d-class amps bumpin' Brahms, Beethoven, Bach, Schubert, Kabalevsky, Lecuona, Handel, and Mozart.

1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/24/08 , edited 7/24/08
i think you're over exaggerating my friend haha 3kheader 4k rims? wowwow

but yes our shit is expensive and we don't get much gains =\ shit could apply to ppl who race but nope, i'm just a hardparker and drive normally hitting vtec every so often but thats it gas in cali is expensive i shift at 2.5k or less and cruise a lot and time traffic lights on a daily basis aside from hitting vtec occasionally


purpose built but daily driving HAHA
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/25/08

YagamiLight wrote:

i think you're over exaggerating my friend haha 3kheader 4k rims? wowwow

but yes our shit is expensive and we don't get much gains =\ shit could apply to ppl who race but nope, i'm just a hardparker and drive normally hitting vtec every so often but thats it gas in cali is expensive i shift at 2.5k or less and cruise a lot and time traffic lights on a daily basis aside from hitting vtec occasionally


purpose built but daily driving HAHA


Look up Amuse and Arqray for the headers and exhausts. They're in the 3k range but also net very high HP gains.

The Amuse exhaust for teh BMW M5 netted actual dyno gains of 40hp. at 41.1kg. (stock exh. is about 58kg)

Amuse's full-titanium headers for the AP1 are in the 3k range, and the BMW M5's exhaust i was talking about is $12,000. in titanium as well. If you think that's expensive, the ones for the porsches are in the 16k range.

For the rims, i can name several companies from the usual Volk/RAYS to Work, or why not throw in rare old-skool rims like the RSW's or the SSR Bright Star series? all of which are around or over 4k.


My take is even if you're not a racer, you'd save more gas with higher hp cars than you would with lower hp cars (at a happy medium of around 300hp of course). reason being is that if you have, say, an 88hp car like a del sol or a non-turbo 323/mx3, you're flooring the gas pedal to go up a 5% grade. at a 10% grade you'd be lucky to have the rpms and mph gauges not drop past 5-10mph on the hill at wide open throttle.

If you have something like an evo or etc., you can just lightly tap the accelerator and the rpms low but still not sacrifice speed.
Posted 7/25/08

RossoCorsa wrote:


YagamiLight wrote:

i think you're over exaggerating my friend haha 3kheader 4k rims? wowwow

but yes our shit is expensive and we don't get much gains =\ shit could apply to ppl who race but nope, i'm just a hardparker and drive normally hitting vtec every so often but thats it gas in cali is expensive i shift at 2.5k or less and cruise a lot and time traffic lights on a daily basis aside from hitting vtec occasionally


purpose built but daily driving HAHA


Look up Amuse and Arqray for the headers and exhausts. They're in the 3k range but also net very high HP gains.

The Amuse exhaust for teh BMW M5 netted actual dyno gains of 40hp. at 41.1kg. (stock exh. is about 58kg)

Amuse's full-titanium headers for the AP1 are in the 3k range, and the BMW M5's exhaust i was talking about is $12,000. in titanium as well. If you think that's expensive, the ones for the porsches are in the 16k range.

For the rims, i can name several companies from the usual Volk/RAYS to Work, or why not throw in rare old-skool rims like the RSW's or the SSR Bright Star series? all of which are around or over 4k.


My take is even if you're not a racer, you'd save more gas with higher hp cars than you would with lower hp cars (at a happy medium of around 300hp of course). reason being is that if you have, say, an 88hp car like a del sol or a non-turbo 323/mx3, you're flooring the gas pedal to go up a 5% grade. at a 10% grade you'd be lucky to have the rpms and mph gauges not drop past 5-10mph on the hill at wide open throttle.

If you have something like an evo or etc., you can just lightly tap the accelerator and the rpms low but still not sacrifice speed.

i 2nd this, on both of ma 240', i set how much boost i push adjust my fuel press. etc and just TRY to keep from boosting i get very good mpg. and on the highways ill get to ma speed and cost all the way or at least try to, but yea very good stuff
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/25/08

240sx-mayn wrote:


RossoCorsa wrote:


YagamiLight wrote:

i think you're over exaggerating my friend haha 3kheader 4k rims? wowwow

but yes our shit is expensive and we don't get much gains =\ shit could apply to ppl who race but nope, i'm just a hardparker and drive normally hitting vtec every so often but thats it gas in cali is expensive i shift at 2.5k or less and cruise a lot and time traffic lights on a daily basis aside from hitting vtec occasionally


purpose built but daily driving HAHA


Look up Amuse and Arqray for the headers and exhausts. They're in the 3k range but also net very high HP gains.

The Amuse exhaust for teh BMW M5 netted actual dyno gains of 40hp. at 41.1kg. (stock exh. is about 58kg)

Amuse's full-titanium headers for the AP1 are in the 3k range, and the BMW M5's exhaust i was talking about is $12,000. in titanium as well. If you think that's expensive, the ones for the porsches are in the 16k range.

For the rims, i can name several companies from the usual Volk/RAYS to Work, or why not throw in rare old-skool rims like the RSW's or the SSR Bright Star series? all of which are around or over 4k.


My take is even if you're not a racer, you'd save more gas with higher hp cars than you would with lower hp cars (at a happy medium of around 300hp of course). reason being is that if you have, say, an 88hp car like a del sol or a non-turbo 323/mx3, you're flooring the gas pedal to go up a 5% grade. at a 10% grade you'd be lucky to have the rpms and mph gauges not drop past 5-10mph on the hill at wide open throttle.

If you have something like an evo or etc., you can just lightly tap the accelerator and the rpms low but still not sacrifice speed.

i 2nd this, on both of ma 240', i set how much boost i push adjust my fuel press. etc and just TRY to keep from boosting i get very good mpg. and on the highways ill get to ma speed and cost all the way or at least try to, but yea very good stuff



long time no speak.

thanks for the input.

so, were you able to get your $$$ back from the fake rims deal?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.